AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-18, 11:47   Link #921
devilo96

Yeah...hiro is the 9 iota so the real hiro..is using 2 codes 09 and 010 and that is why he is special and idk why they change 2 codes into 1 codes..
Remember when 02 meet him for the 1st time....she said that hiro taste is danger.....idk what she mean for the 1st time but maybe this will conect to how the hell he survive his deathflag
And so naomi already death right?
If no how the hell she can meet hiro in his death moment just like fafner and other mecha series....
And i dont believe she can survive maybe the adult cover it so the kids can relax...and calmdown....
Btw the one who move the mecha is the girl or the boy and Can someone tell how the mecha work?

Last edited by devilo96; 2018-02-18 at 12:01.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 12:11   Link #922
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Yeah...hiro is the 9 iota so the real hiro..is using 2 codes 09 and 010 and that is why he is special and idk why they change 2 codes into 1 codes..
Remember when 02 meet him for the 1st time....she said that hiro taste is danger.....idk what she mean for the 1st time but maybe this will conect to how the hell he survive his deathflag
And so naomi already death right?
If no how the hell she can meet hiro in his death moment just like fafner and other mecha series....
And i dont believe she can survive maybe the adult cover it so the kids can relax...and calmdown....
Btw the one who move the mecha is the girl or the boy and Can someone tell how the mecha work?
for what it's look the girls are basically the "spine", brains and body of mecha, if the burden was not too big a girl could control alone, but it is too big for a pilot alone to control it then that is why you need the "pilot" he become the controler while the girl make sure the body move according to the pilot wish.

at last it's how i see it.
Old 2018-02-18, 12:25   Link #923
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So I think I saw probably the funniest comment on this show so far on RandomC and I thought I'd share it with everyone here because of how much it made my day:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 12:58   Link #924
Twi

Hmm, my reaction to the above feels appropriate:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-02-18, 13:30   Link #925
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i just noticed that the girls in the background of the nine are muzzled. 02 clones or attempts to replicate her condition?
Hard to say.... but I doubt they're muzzled out of kindness. There's probably some sinister reason.

Images
LOL
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 16:09   Link #926
Applehell

Fun episode, but I got admit I did laugh myself when Ichigo sibling-zoned herself to hell.

I guess that is one way spare yourself the pain.

I do hope we moving past this point as it has dominated too much of recent episodes for awhile now.

IMO the Klaxosaur itself and subsequent battle with it were most impressive moments of the episode because made entire fight feel like something of TTGL. I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if not for that.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 16:16   Link #927
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
These are the "Nines" or rather they are eight here absent Zero Two. The guy in front is the character from the end of episode 6. They wear the exact same uniform as Zero Two and she is said be a member I forget which episode it was.

Actually the 3guys at the left (first row) are the 3duds at the ending of episdoe 6. You can tell by looking on the hairstyle.

Anyway those guys are mostly another group of clones since their characteristics are similar to the guys in plant13

From right to left it would be (Goro, Ichigo, Hiro, Mitsuru and maybe Zorome).

Maybe kids from plant13 are different type of clones maybe they have a bit of klax blood in them combined, just like how Hiro got for a moment red eyes before he healed himself from the dinocancer.

Still who is the clone and who is the orginal, maybe all are clones or plant13 are the test clones of new type of pilots. Plant26 leader himself was wondering why are Hiro and Ichigo even in this plant based on their personal skills. It would be interesting if Hiros ride with Ichigo was in reality sabotaged by dr.Franx or Papa's becouse they wanted him to ride with 02 as a test subject, papas knew that Hiro is a "special one".

Hard to tell what is going on based that we only got 6episodes so far out of 24, all we can do right now is speculate.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 17:12   Link #928
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What was rather unexpected was that none of the guys from plant 26 bit the bullet. They had fodder written all over them, so I thought for sure one of them would die. They have great teamwork, but they're pretty weak. It always took the five of them to take down just one of those small Klaxosaur. In comparison, Strelizia was able to kill half a dozen of them in one blow, though that's not a fair comparison since it's special. The others seemed to be able to handle them one on one just fine though.
I'd say team 26 has the skill and coordination to safely overwhelm each enemy, while team 13 guys were barely able to win individual battles. In other words, the veteran team fought properly, and the newbie team didn't. It's not an issue of individual strength.

Though that went out the window with the big one and the veterans forgot to watch their batteries.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 17:17   Link #929
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i read a neat comment on reddit that said the guy second from the left is actually 26's squad leader. it'd be neat if he was a plant in the squad; actually an elite helping out.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 17:30   Link #930
Gerard07

Hello everyone!!!!, I integrate me to the forum, sorry if my English is bad, I'm still learning.
Well, I've seen this anime from the beginning and I like it a lot; I like Hiro as the protagonist, and even more Zero Dos, I feel that they have potential and I like the plot.
As for this last episode, I have no complaints about the fights, although I thought that Hiro was going to show signs that he was losing his humanity (something like he was putting red eyes or something like that), but that's fine. See also, where appeared at the end and those of "Nine Iota" (Hiro or Zero Two?), It could be the same squad as Zero Two (the uniform seems), well, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 18:20   Link #931
kari-no-sugata II

Some speculation. Some of it not terribly original.

02 has "klaxosaur blood" (ie a certain amount of klaxosaur DNA). It's hard to imagine this happening naturally.

Following from this, if we have at least one person like that then there'd almost certainly be more (if you were going to conduct such an experiment you'd probably prepare multiple samples). Perhaps all the pilots (and candidates) have a certain amount - they were all artificially created. Let's say that the early "samples" all had higher percentages and the percentages were reduced for various reasons - let's say that it was to create more reliable pilots at the cost of "power". So all the children are technically orphans but only because they never had parents in the normal sense in the first place - normal orphans would have had a registered name on their birth certificate.

Let's say that 02 is one of the few successful examples of someone with a high percentage of klaxosaur blood. Why not more? Because she's "always" been alone because of her horns. If she had siblings who had as much klaxosaur blood as her, they'd probably have special traits as well. It's possible that she's the only one living of her "brood" (let's say code numbers 001 to 010).

As far as we know, nothing physical transfers between the pistil and stamen during the piloting process - ie Hiro's blue growth couldn't have come from something physical transferring over. However, there might be a certain amount of mental stimulation. So the blue growth on Hiro might be because something that already existed within him was stimulated by linking with 02. His mental re-adjustment to how he sees 02 caused it to recede, also indicating that it is something that is affected by one's mental state.

The children were brought up in a place called the "garden" and currently living in places with lots of greenery. That is apparently to help tune their suitability as pilots. Perhaps the real underlying reason is that it somehow reduces the side-effects of the klaxosaur blood in the pilots? There's no indication that the places where the adults are has any greenery and there's no indication that the children who become pilots or are candidates for pilots can become adults. 02 also says she feels the adult parts of the plantation to be stifling which might be something "real" rather than her simply not liking it.

How are the code numbers of the children assigned? There's hints from Hiro's profile in ep 2 that there's multiple nurseries - he's from the "3rd nursery lab" and his full code number is "FP40-T3NL-016". The T3NL is probably just the 3rd nursery lab. In which case, perhaps the FP40 is a "generation number". In other words, there's probably lots of other 016s out there, but just from different nurseries or generations. In which case, pilots with code numbers in the teens shouldn't be unusual if they were all created equal. But perhaps there some variations that mean that lower code numbers are stronger but more likely to fail which is why they're rare.

02 is part of a unit (the Nines?) directly attached to APE which is the ruling council. In which case 02 is probably globally unique. The other Nines don't seem to have non-human traits (though can't be sure about the three masked ones). So perhaps 02 is from the very first generation and is the oldest living pilot. It would be interesting to know how long the battle against the klaxosaurs has been going on for - for the children to be raised to be pilots since they were very young indicates that it has been going on for at least a decade, perhaps more, assuming a normal rate of growth.

Dr Franxx says that Hiro might just make 02's wish come true. Indicating that it's something in the future - that Hiro hasn't achieved it yet. 02 has previously asked Hiro to run away with her. At the end 02 says that she has to kill lots more klaxosaurs. Might these all be related somehow? That killing lots of klaxosaurs will enable them to run away somehow and this is related to her wish?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 18:48   Link #932
Rockanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
The Pistil is the mind of the machine and is focused on the moment to moment maintenance and balance of systems and structure. ItÂ’s taxing work and requires laser focus. Hence the Stamen interfaces with her to provide higher-level motive and command support, allowing the overtaxed MMI and Pistil to cede all other tasks to the Stamen other than the additional complication of maintaining contact, the Stamen pilots her body by connecting to her mind with the butt controls, and therfore moves the mecha with her.

I'm still trying to work out the exact limits of what the Stamen and Pistil controls, albeit they did go over it a bit in episode 2 at the beginning of the squad's ceremonial Franxx trial and during the mock battle between Hiro/Ichigo and Zerome/Miku.

The Pistil interfaces with the machine and basically controls all the minutia of how it runs, while the Stamen is responsible for the actual instigation of what it is the Franxx does or something? We can assume from Hiro's training bot that Hiro has control over exactly how the bot functions, but when a Pistil is involved how much of that control is a shared enterprise?

In this scene, it's clearly Zerome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
What we saw in ep1 is referred to as スタンピード・モード (stampede mode) which is explained as such:

Translation: Refers to the situation where the FranXX breaks away from the control of the pilot, its shape deforms and it goes on a rampage.

Source: http://darli-fra.jp/keyword/

I don't think this is particular to 02 and could happen with any FranXX - we might see it in the next ep with others, for example.

Images
press start
After this episode, it became more than clear that the ''stampede mode'' is actually enabled when the Stamen is about to die, and robot's rage state is clearly caused by the physical, emotional, mental and psychological state of the Pistil (emotional and psychological unbalance; pain; ange; rage, etc.), which is linked to the machine.

Did the other FranXX units have a stampede mode like Strelizia?
Rockanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 19:28   Link #933
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2018-02-18, 21:21   Link #934
SeaDoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
*snip*

IMO the Klaxosaur itself and subsequent battle with it were most impressive moments of the episode because made entire fight feel like something of TTGL. I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if not for that.
Yes! During Strelizia's final attack I do not know how the animators resisted the temptation to change the lance to a drill.
I'm pretty sure I would have had to do that and get fired in the process.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 22:35   Link #935
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
These are the "Nines" or rather they are eight here absent Zero Two. The guy in front is the character from the end of episode 6. They wear the exact same uniform as Zero Two and she is said be a member I forget which episode it was.

I don't think it's 02 they are talking about. Her code name everywhere is already 002, she has not a 9 in sight of her name. However, Hiro is the much more probable choice. The uniforms they where aren't completely the same, there is a different coloring to her compared to theirs. And the fact that the style is similar makes sense. It is overall the same military. I think they are both from elite sections of the military, just different groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'd say team 26 has the skill and coordination to safely overwhelm each enemy, while team 13 guys were barely able to win individual battles. In other words, the veteran team fought properly, and the newbie team didn't. It's not an issue of individual strength.

Though that went out the window with the big one and the veterans forgot to watch their batteries.
I agree that Team 26 has better skill and know how to operate much better as a team. Also, despite the power of the newbies, the veteran team fought longer, harder, and better.
It reminds me a bit of Momo's analysis of the 1v1 fight in Boku no Hero Academia. How despite the power shown and who won overall, it was the person who took the exercise the most seriously and showed the best use of the advantages that he was given, that was the actual best fighter in the group.

I think in the end though, the fact that they has pretty much obsolete tech and that they had been fighting longer and harder than the newbies, led to them losing their fuel and being in a pickle by the time the big boss arrived.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 03:13   Link #936
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Also, there's so much Evangelion in this episode that it's not even worth mentioning since those who have seen Evangelion should already know.

But since the people responsible for Franxx aren't the ones responsible for Eva, all the Eva-elements feel like knockoff products somehow (to me, at least). I mean, do they really have to add that wings of light in the explosion that resemble Eva's Second Impact just to represent the Jian? Aside from that, the wings are also a bit close to ripping off V2 Gundam's Wings of Light in the Victory Gundam anime .
Old 2018-02-19, 05:28   Link #937
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Btw it is confirmed in the credit that the blond hair Hiro look alike is called Nine Alpha. I assume Nine Iota refer to Hiro, since 02 is likely to be Nine Beta. My guess is that Hiro will be promoted to be a member of the “Nine” after his exploits and his code will rank up to 010.
Old 2018-02-19, 11:43   Link #938
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh, having seen Evangelion, exactly what is more Evangelion about this show than other mechas that fight weird alien monsters?

Also, while this was indeed an awesome episode, it's going to take more than that to make me feel sympathy towards 02. Oh so she has had a bad life, and can only ascertain her humanity by fighting monsters. Boo hoo.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 15:15   Link #939
Applehell

Speaking of Eva from twitter:

Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-19, 16:13   Link #940
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Annoooooooooo!

Gdi trigger.