AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 02:08   Link #241
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The guy with the cap is now my favorite character of this show
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 11:03   Link #242
julez
Tsundere-chan

I'm glad that this episode had the same level of humor as the first one, since the previous two weren't quite as funny to me.

About Tadakuni being left out, I thought it was interesting at first because I wondered what Hidenori and Yoshitake would talk about without Tadakuni around. To me Tadakuni is the one that links those two together, since they enjoy teaming up to tease him, so what would they do without him around? lol I highly doubt that they would drag this gag out to the point where it would get depressing... that seems against the nature of the show.

I also enjoyed the part where Yoshitake was sitting at the reception table with one of the funky girls and she was putting on airs. I wish he would have made his usual sarcastic comments towards her instead of holding back.. but it was hilarious when he got the vice president to substitute for him, that shut her right up lol
Old 2012-02-01, 11:04   Link #243
Solafighter
Hige

Gotta love the Funky girls!

Cant wait for the next episode.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:42   Link #244
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That is one impressive haunted house! If only someone like that could properly be made in my area, i'd love to go in there The boys in the highschool must be pretty talented to be able to create all that I just loved the girls reactions to all the scary stuff

I loved the conversation with Yoshitake and that girl at the reception desk. The annotations that kept popping up were great XD I'm surprise Yoshitake didn't try to argue with that girl, she was saying such annoying thing about guys. But, i'm glad he didn't, because when he switched jobs with the vice president and I saw that girls reaction, I just snickered the entire time

I feel kinda bad for the president of the north council. I wanted him to win that fight At least he did havet he guts to say that the president of the east council was trying to show of her pride etc.
Old 2012-02-01, 22:06   Link #245
Texas84
よろしく

The reception scene was really well done.

And love the funky girls but it's about time we had an anime where the girls are idiots as well. It's always the guys.
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 00:12   Link #246
Setsuryuu

Just say "Daily Lives of Highschool Boys" and show a dude laying down doing notihng, it's so true to the anime title. XDDDD

Anyway I think the gags are getting a bit weaker since epi 1, but I like the atmosphere so much, is a very comfortable anime to watch. So I keep enjoying it a lot anyway!

Tadakuni questioning if he is getting apart from his friends was cool, I know how it it's to be a kid and to think of that. But no, he really shouldn't "act like a girl" thinking like that for too long... Even cuz that sort of thinking seems to summom those WHO THE HELL ARE YOU guys! xD

Nice to see they breaking the estereotypes, making the student concil boys gentlemanly AND delinquent-looking XD while the girls are messy AND they are the ones prone to fight and mess up things. And man, fighting a girl, what a pinch huh? If she beat you up, you lose. If you beat her up, you lose too since you shouldn't hit a girl. Poor President. xP

And Yoshitake was sooo not into talking to that girl. XD And she went from -_- to *-* so fast when her friend came! xD

I liked this epi better than 3 too (apart the mole sketch on 3). I miss Hidenori, the funniest so far, next epi is his childhood? Nice. XD
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 00:27   Link #247
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Can I have some BGM?

Nice call
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 04:16   Link #248
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

lol. I think Seto no Hanayome was the only thing to have ever made me laugh nonstop like a maniac in a single episode. The skits were funny especially during the festival. The student council president of the girl's school really needs to take a chill pill though. It's funny since the guys seemed to have more self-control, and kept to themselves.

The fight inside the stadium was a real killer though. Karasawa asking the band to play a background music was pure golden. What he did in the last skit was probably the highlight of the episode for me. Instead of talking back to the girls, he just threw sweets at them which did the job by shutting those girls up. lmao. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:57   Link #249
SamCurt

This and Hidamari Sketch officially makes the two axes of high-school Slice-of-life 4komas for me. NIS America was completely to the point on their press release by saying this is a series most people can relate to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The whole episode beautifully satirizes the gap in understanding between high school boys and girls, and makes a very effective argument against single-gender high schools.
I was surprised that new public single-gender schools were being established as late as 1989 in Japan. In my country of origin (Hong Kong), this was already not allowed by late 1970s.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 11:34   Link #250
hikarihikari

i found this is the most funny new bangumi among this season
hikarihikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 14:24   Link #251
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Goddamn the high school girls are such violent, competitive and hilariously insecure brutes in this episode and the boys are all class and business. Amazing how funny things get when you turn the normal gender dynamic on it's head like this.

Also liked how they seemed to be riffing on all the usual school festival episode cliches in this episode like with the random pack of girls dressed as cat girls outside the gates, discussions of why there are no maid costumes, and most amusing of all the completely out of nowhere girl band concert sequence complete with random closeups of them playing their instruments that suddenly started as soon as the fight did.

Sadly as funny as this show can be it's almost certain to bomb hard and draw a lot of criticism from 2ch and the like for flying directly and I'd almost swear deliberately in the face of every popular cliche and trope about the interactions and power dynamics between high school boys and girls.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 16:33   Link #252
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Sadly as funny as this show can be it's almost certain to bomb hard and draw a lot of criticism from 2ch and the like for flying directly and I'd almost swear deliberately in the face of every popular cliche and trope about the interactions and power dynamics between high school boys and girls.
And thank you Sunrise for airing it anyway, because flipping those clichés and tropes the finger is the whole point of the series (and long overdue, I might add).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 17:21   Link #253
Peanutbutter

Mai gawd! Karasawa took off his cap!!!!

EDIT: Did I spoiled myself on the K-On! movie story, if any?

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2012-02-07 at 10:10.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 17:52   Link #254
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
And thank you Sunrise for airing it anyway, because flipping those clichés and tropes the finger is the whole point of the series (and long overdue, I might add).
I always used to joke that if anyone were ever to do something like this it would probably be a Sunrise series since they've been pretty consistant in showing the boys some love () even in this pretty female character dominated era of anime and are probably one of the few studios built to eat a loss like this is almost certain to generate....just never thought I'd actually see it happen this soon.

That said they've got that one other show with the Sphere cast members to balance things out in the spring and probably recoup whatever this loses them and then some. I would be very surprised to learn if this whole arrangement wasn't actively planned out in a concious choice during a boardroom session.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:36   Link #255
warita
Dai-Youkai

I watched the raw today.... and normally I would rewatch the episode, when it is subbed.... but this time I will pass.

The series started of as interesting.... but the humor is getting more violent und downright crude by the minute and I dont think it is funny. I guess I am just not the type for this kind of humor and I dropped Gintama and Sket dance for the same reason.

Speaking if Gintama.... I think the creator of this anime meant to recycle some success elements that worked well in Gintama, but at the same time he meant to keep it different enough from his previous works. Now... the ambition was there..... but at some point he obviously forgot about it and turned it into a Gintama/SketDance copy.

I am not gonna disect why I think the comedy in this anime sucks, I am sure there are enough people enjoying this.... alas I am not one of them, so this will be my last post in this thread....

DROPPING!!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:39   Link #256
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy crap did they just took a shot at K-On at the Highschool girls skit ?!

Speaking of which, I just had a traumatic flashback of my own life during the second skit with Motoharu and his sister's girl friends... Girls are truly evil...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 08:59   Link #257
SamCurt

Spoiler:

Karasawa, you master of snappy comebacks...
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:04   Link #258
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I'm hoping FukuJun's character will be as funny as him (C'mon Sunrise, bring him out already!).
... and then FukuJun shows up this week voicing not one, but two guys. Sunrise, good job!. So he wasn't anywhere near as funny or amusing as Ishida's Student Council Prez, but I'm still hoping the Saviour shows up again soon and that FukuJun gets to voice more throwaway characters.

Love the return of Literature Girl. Sugita's "NOOOOO!" was absolutely pure gold.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:07   Link #259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, as if Tomokazu Sugita and Akira Ishida aren't enough awesome- Enter Jun Fukuyama who plays not one, but two characters in this episode... Lol ANN has named the guy that 'rescued' Ringo as Savior That entire skit was a brilliant spin on the "three guys picking on one girl" scene
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 09:13   Link #260
Kakkou
Tch.

Ready your witty lines cause Literature Girl's got her rape face on!
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire