AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-06-15, 02:19   Link #61
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Also I think the next Story Arc after the current one will have something to do which Soul, because how both Accel and Railgun manga are in Story Arcs which Soul at the core of it.
Woah. So you noticed that too huh. The only way for esper to wrok is by the soul. Elements... Elements... Elements....

Water, Fire, Wind, and Earth. Micheal is Fire(Although Fiamma mentioned it was actually water, but the gears messed up), The other one is water(can't remember the name. So the last two, is Wind and Earth. Although Wind has been, for a long time, something that even the people of ancient refused to believe it even exist. SO maybe this one is centered around earth....

Earth........................ Raphael?

And Why would they target Tokiwadai. Don't tell me, Tokiwadai is hiding a secret?
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 03:22   Link #62
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
And Why would they target Tokiwadai.
mostlikely for some "will never get explained magic-needs-it" ritual :/
or plot
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 04:49   Link #63
DragonXX

Quote:
Woah. So you noticed that too huh. The only way for esper to wrok is by the soul. Elements... Elements... Elements....

Water, Fire, Wind, and Earth. Micheal is Fire(Although Fiamma mentioned it was actually water, but the gears messed up), The other one is water(can't remember the name. So the last two, is Wind and Earth. Although Wind has been, for a long time, something that even the people of ancient refused to believe it even exist. SO maybe this one is centered around earth....

Earth........................ Raphael?

And Why would they target Tokiwadai. Don't tell me, Tokiwadai is hiding a secret?
Well if the parody Story about Touma completeing high school have anything to say about it then Tokiwadai Student Council is hiding something and it funny because some of the things in that parody that was forshadow have became true in the Series.
You think Element may have something to do which Archangel, well there a chance of that because we are heading toward Christmas Eve/Day which is a very important hoilday for Christian Church which also had huge thing to do which the Archangels.

But that if you go by the Archangels by Christian, there also the ten archangels of the Sephirot Tree which may end of being of more important because it important to Crowley real life believe and that go which the Ten Element of Creation that lead to the World Creation.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 15:47   Link #64
Draco Spirit

Dam NT is so willing to kill its sacred cows... Kamachi is clearly is trying to make sure the narrative is more dynamic and less predictable, and I'm loving it.

On the that note, Misaka Mikoto has become a hell of a lot more interesting. For a while we known she been struggling to deal with the fact that she's not as top tier in power as she thought, and often unable to go toe to toe with some of Touma's stronger foes... but the fact her solution is to take steps into the world of magic opens up so many narrative doors.

We seen no lack of magicians in the show who are mentally screwed up with eccentric dress and weird names.. but by the time we meet them there pre magic life's are far behind. So seeing a character -turn- into a magician before our eyes could be fascinating. Especially one whose every spell going to hurt her.

Similarly it open interesting doors with other characters.

1) A magic side tutor (Laura Stuart or Ollerus perhaps?) using Mikoto as a naive pawn could create some fun conflict.

2) Kuroko idealizes her and still has baggage from her inability to do anything during the Sister arc, so I love to see her fighting to save her Onee-sama.

3) Talking of which, the Sisters themselves are unlikely to unaffected by Mikoto's actions, and Will-san could even up end up being a hero.

4) Accelerator a interesting character in all this, being a high powered Esper who's met magic plenty and the owner of power that could in theory be used to save the life of Esper magic user who just busted her own body.

Anyway, I hope Kamachi drags this character arc out a fair bit and doesn't just have Touma talk some sense into her head in the next novel. Crazy magic Mikoto something I want to see explored deeply.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 01:58   Link #65
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Speaking of Will, technically when Touma told the HP that Mikoto saved 'him', he wasn't referring to Mikoto but the Will of the network. And if being really meta about it, if she never gave away her DNA, Touma would have successfully killed himself back then, so in a round about way, she did actually save him.

I think Mikoto will be broken in a similar way as he was back in the Omega World, in that, she won't come out of it as the same person she once was when the story started.

Touma will probably end up confronting her, but in the end, I'm guessing that Mikoto will be the one to decide upon what happens to herself from there. I'm hoping she finally stops beating around the bush and ends up being damn honest with her self at long last, because I hate seeing her as a supporting character.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 02:19   Link #66
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
-snip-
Wait, so Mikoto is now going mage as well like Accel did?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 09:21   Link #67
entei08

Accel did not go mage. Espers will never be able to go mage, unless Level 6 happens to overturn this rule but I doubt that even then. Accel can understand some magic because it is in his power's nature, to take in and analyse strange laws. This doesn't mean he can cast magic unharmed, the wings aren't magic either.

Mikoto using AAA is like Komoe casting a spell, she has no idea what the heck was going on. Although seeing her continuously trying to tap into magic despite its danger is indeed interesting regardless whether she is successful or not.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 09:31   Link #68
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Accel did not go mage. Espers will never be able to go mage, unless Level 6 happens to overturn this rule but I doubt that even then. Accel can understand some magic because it is in his power's nature, to take in and analyse strange laws. This doesn't mean he can cast magic unharmed, the wings aren't magic either.

Mikoto using AAA is like Komoe casting a spell, she has no idea what the heck was going on. Although seeing her continuously trying to tap into magic despite its danger is indeed interesting regardless whether she is successful or not.
he did some minor-magic something in NT2, but i guess that much is the maximum amount he can use without explosing, afterall he already sweated heavily after that feat

i doubt that it will suddenly make her get clues and believe in magic but its interesting
Old 2016-06-16, 17:23   Link #69
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiken View Post
I think Mikoto will be broken in a similar way as he was back in the Omega World, in that, she won't come out of it as the same person she once was when the story started.

Touma will probably end up confronting her, but in the end, I'm guessing that Mikoto will be the one to decide upon what happens to herself from there. I'm hoping she finally stops beating around the bush and ends up being damn honest with her self at long last, because I hate seeing her as a supporting character.
Yer, I'm assuming her experiments with magic are going are going to change her character in meaningful and lasting way too.. I know I be disappointed if it's quickly resolved with no real impact.

However narrative wise.. I'm rather optimistic. In latter part of OT the focus was very much on the three hero's with Accelerator and Shiage going through some pretty heavy character development.

Accelerator was introduced as a arrogant villain, got his comeuppance in the form of Touma fist before finding purpose past 'be the strongest' by becoming Last Orders protector. He then slowly develops from ruthless masses murdering monster with a villain complex to a heroic neutral papa bear with lola protecting complex. The badarse angelic wings are just for symbolism!

Meanwhile Shiage starts as generic evil henchman 1482, before becoming the pet of a team of evil girls, then when his whole world goes to hell, develops in a badarse normal, gets a girlfriend and pursued by his ex-boss / yandere who he eventually beats and in a considerable twist of how these things are suppose to go, says 'screw it' and forgive the ex-boss, keeps the girlfriend and adopts a lola
while finding every excuse he can to get in a mecha for style points.

So I'm expecting Misaka to get thrown through hell, become more badarse and possibly pick up a shota while undergoing serous character development.

.... and hopefully a really symbolic magic name.
Old 2016-06-16, 19:04   Link #70
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Plot twist: Mikoto develops a yandere spilt personality. (Lets see you overturn that, Kamachi! I won't be humiliated again by you overcoming my plot twist!)
Old 2016-06-16, 20:24   Link #71
DragonXX

I hope to see at some point a fight between Mikoto and the Will of the network or her fighting someone because I am guessing that the Will of the network is at least LvL5 and she even maybe on the path to LvL6 like Accel is.
Old 2016-06-18, 09:11   Link #72
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

What I wish for the most. Is for touma to get kidnapped or something that makes him go insane. Bringing the people around him who he had saved to come and rescue him
Old 2016-06-18, 12:25   Link #73
LevelSeven

Quote:
What I wish for the most. Is for touma to get kidnapped or something that makes him go insane. Bringing the people around him who he had saved to come and rescue him
lol...
but seriously now, he wont break and he wont go insane, if he does than NT9 will be total bs
Old 2016-06-18, 22:24   Link #74
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
lol...
but seriously now, he wont break and he wont go insane, if he does than NT9 will be total bs
It this point the only thing that would make Touma go crazy, is if IT take contarl because we know IT had a mind of it own and there the problem of that image from Railgun chapter 69 which make it look like one of Touma's eye, started to change color and glow before IT came out which could be forshadow that IT can take contarl?
Old 2016-06-19, 02:32   Link #75
LevelSeven

^do you mean “control“?

But even than it wouldnt male touma per se become crazy, he would simply be controlled, take away the controlling one and thats it, char is back to normal :/
Old 2016-06-19, 05:18   Link #76
Draco Spirit

IT existence is certainly more at the forefront of current plot, than it was in the past. I think it very very interesting that Kamisato doesn't have his own version, despite being his own World Rejecter mirroring Touma's Imagine Breaker.

I think Kamisato may be on the right line of thought that his (and Touma's) right hands are the creations of the Magic Gods wishes (through I not be shocked if it's wider than that in scope), but I think IT is something far older, and that the fact Imagine Breaker is it's 'prison' is not coincidence, but quite important on a symbolic level.
Old 2016-06-22, 00:33   Link #77
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
IT existence is certainly more at the forefront of current plot, than it was in the past. I think it very very interesting that Kamisato doesn't have his own version, despite being his own World Rejecter mirroring Touma's Imagine Breaker.

I think Kamisato may be on the right line of thought that his (and Touma's) right hands are the creations of the Magic Gods wishes (through I not be shocked if it's wider than that in scope), but I think IT is something far older, and that the fact Imagine Breaker is it's 'prison' is not coincidence, but quite important on a symbolic level.
Well, although this is my personal opinion. I think Touma has three powers all in all. The first one is IB, the second one is the IT, do note that IT is more than one. As shown in many cases when IT appears IT will be different. And the last one is Touma's personal power that could even inhibit IT. When Touma told IT to stop on Vol. 22 OT
Old 2016-06-22, 14:15   Link #78
zaikoi

I rarely see people in here discuss about swimsuit.

Come on,where is your manhood go!

Anyway,I want to see Kihara Yuiitsu in swimsuit!

The mixture of beauty & evil!
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 14:54   Link #79
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
I rarely see people in here discuss about swimsuit.

Come on,where is your manhood go!

Anyway,I want to see Kihara Yuiitsu in swimsuit!

The mixture of beauty & evil!
Well I am a guy but there a chance someone may be a girl in here but most people will most likey wait until the volume come out to see what the swinsuits are and Mikoto swinsuit will most likey be the one from NT8.

There also the fact people want to know more about the story over the fanservice.
Old 2016-06-22, 19:53   Link #80
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

The only way you're ever going to see Yuiitsu wearing a swimsuit is if its covered in blood. That, or if Kamachi feels like being a nutter as usual. Which is very likely btw. But I have a hunch that there are going to be a few Christmas in July jokes thrown in this next volume for cheap laughs and stuff.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote