AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 16:02   Link #1
Fate21
Kiyu~

Any game that you really want to play but cannot (give reason)

I really want to play Japanese novel game like love simulation. Maybe Akai Ito and Aoishiro, etc. But can't because the game isn't being release in English or available in my country.

Also i want to play Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia but can't because I don't have the console like xbox, etc
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 16:25   Link #2
Elvin

Valkyria chronicles. I don't have a PS3. And even if I did, I have no time to play lately
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 16:38   Link #3
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Any next-gen game on any next-gen console or PC. Hell, I don't even have a PS2, I'm only going to buy one this fall, because after 8 or so years, I finally have money for one, somehow. Even a PS2 is considered to be a luxury where I live (most importantly in that part of the country where I live).
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 17:13   Link #4
Kudryavka

So many games I want to play and can't.

Dead Rising: because I don't have an Xbox 360 and may never get one since you have to pay a lot to play online (which I would do a lot)

Big Little World: don't have a PS3, since Sony's going up and down with so many models, and because the current PS3 model doesn't have backwards compatibility (my PS2's about to die, it's so old and not well taken care of )

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: no PSP, not sure why I didn't get one, I guess the small library of games

Many JP Visual Novels: Like the OP said, not a lot of these games get English translations, official and fan- counted together. I am learning Japanese gradually, so this shouldn't be a problem within the next decade?

Touhou: I can't attend any Comikets.

Star Fox (SNES), Earthbound: Nintendo will not release them on Virtual Console! Earthbound because of legal trouble (?), Star Fox I think because they're lazy.

No more come to the top of my mind right now.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 17:33   Link #5
Blood

Last edited by Blood; 2016-11-21 at 14:45.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 19:11   Link #6
Zekori

Shenmue I and II: dreamcast died a noble death before completing the half-way mark of 2.
Growlanser IV and VI: Never came over
Duke Nukem Forever: Well....

Also if procrastination or time constraints count as a reason, off the top of my head!
- Xenosaga II (by extension III)
- Lunar I and II
- Legend of Heros III, IV, and V
- Magna Carta
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 21:37   Link #7
Shadow Kira01

There are quite many games if you putting it that way...

Arc Rise Fantasia: Another Wii-exclusive title..

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers: This game also turns out to be a Wii-exclusive. Apparently, the FFCC crew of Square-Enix tends to keep good ties with Nintendo while the crew of the main series seem to be going between Sony and Microsoft. This is possibly my favorite Wii game out of the small selection I like. The story seems good, the characters are awesome, the graphics and audio are most likely top-notch; its such a pity..

Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Pretty simple, I have already decided to get a X360 which means this PS3-exclusive game will remain non-playable for me. Star Ocean 4 interests me more as that it features battle trophies, more item synthesis, as well as multiple endings. It beats Final Fantasy in many aspects with the exception of the protagonist. Edge Maverick is most likely a justice freak as opposed to Noctis. Speaking of which, Noctis's psychokinetic weapon attack reminds me of Archer's Unlimited Blade Works. Only difference is that Archer is a Faker, while Noctis is the actual owner of the weapons meaning that they are real weapons.

Gundam Battle Chronicle: Supposedly, I can try the newly released chickHEN Homebrew Enabler but I am reluctant to take the risk as that I rarely play games on my psp. Although the chances of it bricking my psp is close to 5% meaning it is highly unlikely as that I passed all the requirements, I don't see the point in taking the 5% risk when I already have quite a number of good psp games and it would be awful that my psp become useless as that I have no means of reversing a brick psp as of now. Perhaps, I can create my own Pandora battery but I am not motivated to put any effort into it as that it requires following precise procedures and quite some effort. Generally, I can play this game if I really want to but I am reluctant to do so.

Monster Hunter tri: Capcom has made this game a Wii-exclusive and the fact that there aren't many Wii games I like generally means I will be skipping this one too. The game has large amounts of content with tons of new features. It is definitely awesome!!

Rune Factory Frontier: I have both DS titles that works with the stylus pen, as well as the undub versions. However, out of these 5 games. Rune Factory Frontier is the best due to its graphical improvements. However, it is a Wii-exclusive.

Shin Megami Tensei NINE: This is part of the main Shin Megami Tensei series and surprisingly, it is a Xbox title that isn't released outside Japan meaning that the game cannot be played on my Xbox unless I do modifications to it which isn't possible unless I can buy a cheat device for the console but the cheat devices are long discontinued.

Tales of Symphonia 2: Another Wii-exclusive title..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 21:57   Link #8
Kudryavka

Shadow Kira, you sure you don't know anyone close who doesn't have a Wii? The thing's so dang popular, I''m always hearing about how so-and-so (and his uncle, and his uncle's brother-in-law) just got a Wii among my circle. Maybe it's just me, but the casual gamers are eating up Wii so fast; not to mention the Wii craze that lasted for about a year and a half (!) after the Wii's launch date.

What I'm saying is, you don't know someone who owns a Wii and is willing to share? :?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 22:19   Link #9
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

valkyria chronicle - they don't sell those anymore near my area but they do so in let's say 70 miles away from here? and there's no way i'm driving that far just to get the game. (i'll probably go ebay instead)

forza motorsport - it's a 360 exclusive (from what i heard)

star ocean 4 - another 360 exclusive

tales of vesperia - same one (there's a ps3 version but it's japanese D still hope that they will localize it here in the US
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 00:55   Link #10
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Many many visual novels. Apparently far too many to list them here one by one.
Old 2009-08-07, 00:59   Link #11
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Might and Magic X - Because it doesn't exist.
Old 2009-08-07, 01:16   Link #12
calorie

Oblivion, Fallout 3 - still don't have a computer good enough to play these; they may not be as good as Morrowind was but I remember I playing TES4 on a PC that handled the game at 15-30fps and even then it was a joyful experience

There are of course many japanese PS2 and PS3 games that I'd like to play but I don't even bother remembering the titles or looking at the screenshots much lest it breaks my heart cause I won't be getting those consoles anytime soon either.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:19   Link #13
Olaguer

Final Fantasy XI - I don't have a credit card.
Olaguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:01   Link #14
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Valkyria chronicles. I don't have a PS3. And even if I did, I have no time to play lately
This.

Someone buy me a PS3 please... I <3 you long time.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:47   Link #15
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
valkyria chronicle - they don't sell those anymore near my area but they do so in let's say 70 miles away from here? and there's no way i'm driving that far just to get the game. (i'll probably go ebay instead)

forza motorsport - it's a 360 exclusive (from what i heard)

star ocean 4 - another 360 exclusive

tales of vesperia - same one (there's a ps3 version but it's japanese D still hope that they will localize it here in the US
Star Ocean 4 isn't all that great I have it and the movement is very static. Also the aiming system gets annoying because you try to attack an enemy close to you but you are still aiming at the enemy far away.

I wanna get tales of vesperia but I need to save up

Summon Night Twin Age (american and japanese only)

Pokemon Platinum (can't find my DS ANYWHERE in my house)

Infamous

Little Big Planet

Dissidia

Crisis Core

Birth By Sleep

I might be getting a PSP if I am lucky and can convice someone to give me money to buy it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:55   Link #16
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I can't play the exclusive games for Xbox360 like Gears of War , Halo , Forza .... because i don't have a Xbox360 . Well , i play sometimes at my friends .

Anyway , there are so many good games that i don't have the times to play all . In DS , PSP , PS2 , PS3 , Xbox360 ,Wii , PC ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 07:45   Link #17
Fate21
Kiyu~

Suikoden 2, although it's old I really want to play that. The cassette become broken after I played so many times years ago
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 08:01   Link #18
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
A LOT!!!
1.God of WAR 1,2,3 I didn't own PS2/3 and they didn't port it to PC
2.Zone of the Enders 1, Z.O.E Anubis same as above
3.Armored Core....well..I fail to rob some game shop to get me one XboX360
4.Magna Carta
5.too much...I can't spell it all on this post
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 08:45   Link #19
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate21 View Post
Suikoden 2, although it's old I really want to play that. The cassette become broken after I played so many times years ago
I just finished Suikoden 1 and almost finished Suikoden 2 but stopped for graphical boredom reasons. You could easily play all Suikoden(even tierkreis) games by downloading them in the internet and by using an emulator. warning, its illegal if you don't have the actual games but wtheck.

As for games I want to play:
1. Fable II( i actually already have the game)- my 360 is red lighted and too lazy to fix it.
2. Star Ocean( i actually already have the game) 4 - same reason
3. Tekken 5- not out yet
4. Suikoden 6 - not out and announced yet
5. Assasin's Creed II - not out yet
6. All of the missed past jrpg games because I'm japanese-ly illiterate
7. Eureka seven vol.2- coz i I dislike graphic downgrade.
8. Megaman Legend - same reason
9. Call of Duty word at war - no money
10. Call of Duty 3 - no money
11. Infamous - no money
12. Prototype - i just recently bought it but I'm going on vacation so I can't play this.
13. Counter Strike - I missed this game but I can't find it.
14. Valkyria Chronicles - I finished it but I want to play it again but can't... I let someone borrow it.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 09:26   Link #20
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
HALO3/ODST

ODST isn't released yet and I haven't got a 360... I'll probably go and buy one next month.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote