AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-14, 14:01   Link #9061
GDB

Man, every week I'm getting matched against at least two players who go berserker barrage on me compared to their projections. Last week was Julius Thomas and Calvin Johnson (obviously expecting high points, but not as high as they got). This week is DeMarco Murray and Delanie Walker. Walker pisses me off the most, since going into half time he had like, 2.4 points, and now he's up to 16.1 points.

*edit*

Haha, of course he has Dez Bryant too. Meanwhile, I have Witten, who Romo barely even looks at.

And he has Terrence West. Seriously, wtf. Why is my luck so awful. This guy's team didn't even put up 75 points last week, but this week he's already up to 68 and he's barely used half his team.

FML

Last edited by GDB; 2014-09-14 at 14:14.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 14:14   Link #9062
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Henne is 2/16. 7 sacks.
Old 2014-09-14, 15:08   Link #9063
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Henne is 2/16. 7 sacks.
Now I think its apparent to everyone why is Bortles is not playing. We just set a franchise record of allowed sacks.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 15:16   Link #9064
GDB

And another's been added now. You're up to 10!
Old 2014-09-14, 15:22   Link #9065
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

We are definitely drafting offensive linemen in the first 2 rounds.
Old 2014-09-14, 15:30   Link #9066
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

this may be an historically bad O-Line. And our secondary is trash with Cyprien. We'll be picking top 3 again this year, whether Bortles plays or not. I don't want him behind that O-Line either.
Old 2014-09-14, 15:36   Link #9067
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
At least this way, majority of our fan base can stop playing ignorance believing Bortles can solve all problems.
Old 2014-09-14, 15:44   Link #9068
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
^
At least this way, majority of our fan base can stop playing ignorance believing Bortles can solve all problems.
Come on, you know the opposite will happen. Lets be honest, most football "fans", especially in this fanbase, are casual watchers who don't really understand or want to understand the minutiae of the details and will still clamor for Bortles to start, O-Line be damned. Most fans will still pile the blame on Henne and either won't understand what an offensive line is for or are just unreasonable enough not to care about it. Hopefully Caldwell/Gus handle the heat and keep Bortles off the field until mid season at least, or until Henne gets injured...which might not be long with the line playing like this.

I will give Henne that he's tough. After getting hit like that a lot of QBs would wilter, but Henne kept getting up and looked to throw down field.

We're in the lead for having the number 1 overall pick again. Dat Mariota/Winston king's ransom tank.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:00   Link #9069
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Take this, for example, from BCC.

Quote:
3. The offensive line was bad, but not THAT bad: Ten sacks allowed is the most in franchise history, but was the offensive line's performance really THAT bad? No, not really. Was it good? No, not even close. However, better quarterback play certainly would've resulted in fewer sacks, as Henne sacked himself on multiple occasions. It certainly wasn't all Henne's fault, but boy he's not helping. At all.
I have no idea what they're talking about, but this is the kind of stuff people will make up for excuses to start Bortles. It's almost laughable that they're trying to argue it's Henne's fault he got sacked 10 times and the line wasn't "that bad". lmao.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:05   Link #9070
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Come on, you know the opposite will happen. Lets be honest, most football "fans", especially in this fanbase, are casual watchers who don't really understand or want to understand the minutiae of the details and will still clamor for Bortles to start, O-Line be damned. Most fans will still pile the blame on Henne and either won't understand what an offensive line is for or are just unreasonable enough not to care about it. Hopefully Caldwell/Gus handle the heat and keep Bortles off the field until mid season at least, or until Henne gets injured...which might not be long with the line playing like this.

I will give Henne that he's tough. After getting hit like that a lot of QBs would wilter, but Henne kept getting up and looked to throw down field.

We're in the lead for having the number 1 overall pick again. Dat Mariota/Winston king's ransom tank.
Quote:
Take this, for example, from BCC.

I have no idea what they're talking about, but this is the kind of stuff people will make up for excuses to start Bortles. It's almost laughable that they're trying to argue it's Henne's fault he got sacked 10 times and the line wasn't "that bad". lmao.
Its tough being dedicated jaguar fans. We try to give people in our fan base, who don't understand the game and situation around the team, concrete explanations and reasons yet it goes out the other ear.

I am starting to think that Gus Bradley's statement about the race to maturity is more about the fan base than the actual team itself. Not many videos yet on draftbreakdown.com so I can't scout much other than the previous season.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:14   Link #9071
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I knew the line would be a problem but i didn't think it would be this bad. this is just comically terrible. you don't see a line this terrible in the freking NFL often. Pasztor needs to hurry back. And Joeckel needs to start looking like the second pick in the draft. And Beadles...lmao. And the center and right guard is still completely up in the air. Ogbuehi and Grassu in the draft? I don't want to pick offensive lineman so high but damn, we may have to. Maybe if we have the first or second pick we can get a bunch of picks for Mariota or Winston.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:37   Link #9072
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I knew the line would be a problem but i didn't think it would be this bad. this is just comically terrible. you don't see a line this terrible in the freking NFL often. Pasztor needs to hurry back. And Joeckel needs to start looking like the second pick in the draft. And Beadles...lmao. And the center and right guard is still completely up in the air. Ogbuehi and Grassu in the draft? I don't want to pick offensive lineman so high but damn, we may have to. Maybe if we have the first or second pick we can get a bunch of picks for Mariota or Winston.
While Joeckal and Beadles didn't looked good, they were not bad. I say average, the big story is that right side. I think 8 sacks came from that side.

At this rate, I will have to agree with you. Its time to do what the Rams did. Still very frustrating about this fan base though. It took Gus Bradley 3 years to right the ship of the Seattle Seahawks defense, another year to make it fully cement as one of the best, and the following year he left, the ground work he did paved way to a championship defense. Russel Wilson arrived in 2012, the third year of the rebuild, where that defense was fully ready to support him.

The Jaguars are in year 2 of the rebuild, many fans are expecting too much for our rookie QB.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:42   Link #9073
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

at the same time though the defense showed continuous improvement from year 1 to 2. We've regressed since the first half against Philly.
Old 2014-09-14, 16:44   Link #9074
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
at the same time though the defense showed continuous improvement from year 1 to 2. We've regressed since the first half against Philly.
Yes, a lot of mistakes were made in the secondary. Gratz had an average game, which is bad since he is considered to be one of the better young cornerbacks. Blackmon and Ball however had the more costly mistakes. The safety position is in moot standard now.
Old 2014-09-14, 18:14   Link #9075
Yye1
Wide Right

My god, Jags allow 10 sacks to the Redskins, who has an average defensive front at best, I wonder how much sacks they would have allowed if they played against Houston or Seattle.

Guess its time for Bortles Service in Jacksonville

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 18:41   Link #9076
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
My god, Jags allow 10 sacks to the Redskins, who has an average defensive front at best, I wonder how much sacks they would have allowed if they played against Houston or Seattle.

Guess its time for Bortles Service in Jacksonville
Most likely the combined total from last year is my guess. I hope Bortles stay back and learn. No way I would want him playing with a dry wall protection.

Edit: Suzuku, I was indeed naive to expect the casual fans of this fan base to understand what truly happened this game. Worse yet, they are like rapid dogs that will attack anyone who disagree with them. They used Andrew Luck as a benchmark and as an example as to why Bortles should start. They do not know the entire picture nor comprehension of that example. Makes me sad as a fan, and angry as well.

We are lucky to have Gus Bradley and David Caldwell. Its not blind faith, its the resume behind these two. This fan base don't understand how long can a rebuild can take. Its not going to be a year like this fan base clamor for. It took 4 years for the Seahawks. FOr all the garbage that Caldwell and Bradley had to clean up, 5 years is more likely when we can expect Superbowl contention. I am seriously appalled that many are seriously demanding that Bradley and Caldwell to be fired for not playing Bortles. Seriously, shaking my head.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-09-14 at 21:28.
Old 2014-09-14, 21:55   Link #9077
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Especially when a lot of these people didn't even know who Bortles was and didn't want him when we first drafted him. And I notice that a lot of people don't understand why they're sitting Bortles. People just don't understand nuanced things like QB mechanics and such, and don't know much about Bortles as a prospect. It really is annoying.

That said, grain of sand, but according to this report the locker room wants Bortles.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rtles-to-start
Old 2014-09-14, 22:17   Link #9078
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^ Especially when a lot of these people didn't even know who Bortles was and didn't want him when we first drafted him. And I notice that a lot of people don't understand why they're sitting Bortles. People just don't understand nuanced things like QB mechanics and such, and don't know much about Bortles as a prospect. It really is annoying.

That said, grain of sand, but according to this report the locker room wants Bortles.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rtles-to-start
I take it as a grain of salt. Also, highly agree about the fan base who are now clamoring for Bortles to start, didn't even know who he was until he was drafted.
Old 2014-09-14, 22:36   Link #9079
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Also, highly agree about the fan base who are now clamoring for Bortles to start, didn't even know who he was until he was drafted.
No need to act elitist about it. Not everyone cares about college football, diligently studies prospects, or runs mock draft after mock draft.
Old 2014-09-14, 22:41   Link #9080
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No need to act elitist about it. Not everyone cares about college football, diligently studies prospects, or runs mock draft after mock draft.
True, but some fans needs at least some basic background about them. I didn't mean to say everyone should at least watch 4 hours of film, but at least read some scouting reports from a reliable source to have some knowledge. ESPN highlight tape don't count for me.

Tags
american football, sports