AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 00:58   Link #41
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
^IIRC the MC of Baby Steps isn't overly talented like Echizen, but is a very determined player. Maybe it's a breath of fresh air from, yeah, unrealistic sports anime.
The MC of Baby Steps is talented in his own way. He is good at analysis and making corrections. In a way, he plays Tennis like Inui, but there are a lot more explanations on how it is done in Baby Steps and they are actually closer to the real world tennis mechanics AFAIK, but of course the MC puts in a lot of hard work, and so do the players in PoT. In fact, fantastic tennis like how a ball doesn't bounce, or goes around the referee or the Tezuka zone is 'Wow' for me. But what ticks me off is the fact that since it started off fantastical, it has to become more and more ridiculous and the end result is we get a insane huge cast (like Bleach) and they are all high school students who possess 'magic', and I cannot imagine how the pros in PoT will be like, or maybe since they are too powerful, the series just revolves around high school students or the mangaka won't know what to write . At least Baby Steps is moving from high school into the pro world (like Capeta) and the MC get chances to match up against pros (and lose realistically despite his talent).

BoT, I sincerely hope Kuroko no Basuketo doesn't end up like PoT.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 03:57   Link #42
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

About the "zone"

Lebron James doing something similar in eastern conference finals last night Hell he even had that emotionless look! lol.

But anyway its not that far stretched, its just the moment where (in this case) basketball player hit ridiculous streak/form in a moment of game.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:44   Link #43
judasmartel
*Author

Right. So Calling Your Attacks gets pretty old, I see.

I just remembered all the talk about RKB during the last lock-out.

@LBJ He basically activated his "Tailed BEAST Mode" during that game. He was virtually unstoppable. If he does learn how to close out games on a regular basis though, all these "ringless" jokes about him will stop.

@topic Unfortunately, Kuroko tends to go the PoT way. At least right now, anyway. And now I wonder why I liked RKB so much that I'm so excited to write fan fics about it, including one about Subaru making it to the NBA.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:53   Link #44
ImperialFlameGod8190

sorry Kuroko is nothing like PoT most of the stuff in kuroko no basket is real world mechanics for basketball i would know even the generation of miracles besides Midortama are all possible in reality Kise being able to copy anybody is possible Aomine dominating well its like Lebron yesterday some stars can do that to some extent as for the center well anybody heard of Shaq. Kuroko is a bit nutty and Midoritama that would be impossible in reality The snake shot and Ryoma's skill are incredibly difficult to do in reality
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 09:28   Link #45
judasmartel
*Author

So the league in Kuroko is basically much like the NBA today?
Old 2012-06-09, 00:29   Link #46
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Kuroko is manifestation of wildest thing that bball fan can dream if you ask me.

Many athlete can do 360 dunk, but what about 360-poster dunk? Aomine do that.. but we never see that in the real game, its can happen and but we can only dream so far.. but this manga showcase that lol, seriously.. I thanks for that.

And that zone thing.. Its been for ages we talking about MJ legacy with his clutch-switch etc, the manga is just showing that in flashy way that we want to believe about that "clutch" thing, I have no problem with that.

The only thing that I dislike so far from KnB's fantasy is Midorikawa's 3-point, seriously that painful to read lol
Old 2012-06-09, 04:58   Link #47
judasmartel
*Author

Half-court three?

Maybe future sports anime should stop using the Calling Your Attacks trope and just play out the games as dramatic as possible without any sort of "magic / jutsu".

True, the ZONE is PnJ-esque, but it does happen in real life. Just ask LeBron James.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:03   Link #48
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
The only thing that I dislike so far from KnB's fantasy is Midorikawa's 3-point, seriously that painful to read lol
100% Full court 3p is a bit too much fantasy, 100% half court 3p is more 'realistic'
Though I find eagle/hawk eyes to be just as much fantasy, may be just me.
Old 2012-06-09, 05:12   Link #49
judasmartel
*Author

And then again, too much fantasy in a sports manga can make it more susceptible to PnJ abuse.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:00   Link #50
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
100% Full court 3p is a bit too much fantasy, 100% half court 3p is more 'realistic'
Though I find eagle/hawk eyes to be just as much fantasy, may be just me.
Not just that, that make the 2nd game versus Midorikawa (forgot the school name) became ultra silly lol.
Midorikawa just sitting there in half court with double team with him, and its not looked like basketball game anymore
Old 2012-06-09, 09:22   Link #51
larethian

Totally agree with the full court 3p being overly fantastic. The whole court is my range (or something like that). LOL but it was cool.
That's why Baby Steps is the best sports manga I've read so far.
Old 2012-06-12, 17:24   Link #52
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Spoiler for Latest Chapter:

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:36   Link #53
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Spoiler for Latest Chapter:
If that happens, he will completely disappear
Old 2012-06-12, 21:29   Link #54
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ Exactly. He isn't called the phantom 6th player of the GoM for nothing he gotta live up for that expectation.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 03:13   Link #55
Awrya
U mad?

All the talk about how Murasakibara doesn't love the game hence can't enter the zone and BAM, ZONE incoming
This is slowly becoming PoT, now if only something like the Tezuka zone appears
Old 2012-06-13, 08:17   Link #56
Vongola Zero

well sooner or later kuroko will probably will enter zone to
Old 2012-06-13, 09:51   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
All the talk about how Murasakibara doesn't love the game hence can't enter the zone and BAM, ZONE incoming
This is slowly becoming PoT, now if only something like the Tezuka zone appears
Like I mentioned before, 'ZONE' is not something magical nor fantasy. PoT is total MAGIC FANTASY! Though I agree that there are indeed other things in Kuroko that are approaching magic & fantasy levels.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:33   Link #58
Awrya
U mad?

168 is up, pretty nice, but not the best chapter.
Spoiler for Kagami:

Spoiler for Kuroko:

Spoiler for Murasakibara:
Old 2012-06-15, 22:40   Link #59
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Steve Nash blocking Shaq!

Hahahaha, that's awesome.

@Awrya
I thought Murasakibara height is 218cm or something, oh plus his wingspan eh.. I agree lol.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:12   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

His knees seemed to have gave in at the very end, so he wasn't necessarily at peak height.

With that being said, it's still a very high jump due to the insane wingspan. Even more so considering the position where Kuroko had to jump, since the previous full-court shot showed that Kuroko was at half-court, so he did have to run from behind, so it's impossible to have maximized momentum.

...How long more until the Phantom Dunk?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy