AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-24, 20:11   Link #1
Yondaime-Legacy

[Manga] Sai makes a good permanent Sasuke Replacement

Hey this is totally opinion based. State your opinion and why you think he does or doesnt.

I actually think Sai is a very cool character. He is mysterious, dark, and has those killer katanas. His special technique of ink hasnt been shown much but it looks pretty cool. nothing amazing but kishi could develop on it.

Not only that his character is WAY better then Sasuke's one liner "I want power". He seeks friendship, and wants to know the meaning of emotions. something he has been trained his whole life not to feel. Sasuke on the otherhand wants power, and power..... and did i mention power?....

Who agrees with me.. Does Sai make a cool Sasuke replacement?

*flame shield raised to maximum defence*

Last edited by Yondaime-Legacy; 2006-07-24 at 20:23.
Yondaime-Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:31   Link #2
tkdtiger

Yes, although I disagree that Sasuke only wants power he wants revenge, which has blinded him. Overall if Sasuke had died in the beginning of the anime then I think he would have asked Naruto to avenge his clan and family. Sai is a great character. Infact he's prob. one of the better char. I like that has shown up recently.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:34   Link #3
cheese4u
da big boss

Personally I like Sai too, I think he's a much more likeable person Sasuke. But at this point he's nowhere near as cool as Sasuke. Sasuke is the type of guy whether you hate him or you love him (and I do hate him) you gotta admit he's pretty cool. But Sai is an excellent replacement for Sasuke, besides we haven't even seen Sai develop yet as a character so we don't know what kind of tricks he has up his sleeves, so he maybe a pretty cool character too.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 20:38   Link #4
tkdtiger

I think what winds up happening between Sasuke and his brother Itachi will be that he'll be on the verge of killing his brother, but in the end won't...So I don't hate Sasuke yet, but if he kills Itachi then I think Sasuke wouldn't be any diff. then his bro....Sai is alot like Sasuke, but has more potential interms of char. dev. So I like Sai
Old 2006-07-24, 20:47   Link #5
Yondaime-Legacy

yay for Sai.

Yea do you see the constant reference of him looking like Sasuke. I dont know if kishi is trying to forshadow Sai as a very solid replacement for sasuke at least in terms of Team Kakashi.

I think Sasuke is gonna take Oro's place soon by killing him off and become Sounds leader (i know sasuke wants only revenge, but probably when oro's ready for the body transfer, sasuke refuses? probably for want of more power he wants to stay?). So thats why i think its more likely that Sai might become permament. though its only hunch. i hope it happens.

Last edited by Yondaime-Legacy; 2006-07-24 at 21:01.
Old 2006-07-24, 21:05   Link #6
tkdtiger

Sai has been hinted that he killed his brother so in away maybe sai as a character is a bit foreshadowing...Although I kind of think Sai foreshadows something different...I think Sai foreshadows just the opposite...I think Sasuke prob. will kill Oro. I mean he from the manga...Sasuke isn't exactly doing what Oro. tells him. I think Sasuke will comeback...I think Sai will have a large roll between Itachi and Sasuke. I mean it hinted that Sai killed his Brother so maybe it's foreshadowing Sasuke and Itachi's confrontation, but like I said I don't think in the long run Sasuke will kill itachi. I think this is what it foreshadows...Sai killed his brother and Sasuke won't...I think he'll defeat his brother, but won't kill him
Old 2006-07-24, 21:09   Link #7
Yondaime-Legacy

Yea. That was actually his best friend. I think being raised with no emotion he killed him when he was ordered too. however, probably after that he realized he felt something after the loss of his best friend and has been since finding the meaning of what it is. and now probably he sees what he felt in narutos-sasukes friendship.
Old 2006-07-24, 21:13   Link #8
tkdtiger

I think Sai will be killed ina heroic way
Old 2006-07-24, 21:20   Link #9
jzmagic
flargansbog

i also think sai is a great replacement. i couldnt stand sasuke and his superiority complex
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 22:48   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

I can tolerate Sai as long as he doesn't go back to his old outfit, but he's too two-dimensional now. I think the way the Danzou sub-plot was resolved was really lame; it's bad enough that Danzou gets off scott-free even after openly interfering with the mission, but then Sai betrays him and gets a slap on the wrists. It seems like Kishimoto just gave up on the whole Root ANBU thing midway.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 23:23   Link #11
Yondaime-Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I can tolerate Sai as long as he doesn't go back to his old outfit, but he's too two-dimensional now. I think the way the Danzou sub-plot was resolved was really lame; it's bad enough that Danzou gets off scott-free even after openly interfering with the mission, but then Sai betrays him and gets a slap on the wrists. It seems like Kishimoto just gave up on the whole Root ANBU thing midway.
Yea, I totally i agree with you. I was hoping to see more of this betrayal/suspense type of action going on between danzou and konoho. but it seems that they just cut it short and now its all about narutos training which isnt a bad thing but it would be nice to see other characters and sub-plots build up. i really was hoping to see more of danzou showing his self in battle. he looks like a typical old man. and when oro heard about him from sai, he didnt seem excited or overwhelmed that a legendary figure like danzou has contacted him. i mean he did compeat with surotobi so he should be around his lvl, shouldnt he?

Great point you bring up zen.
Old 2006-07-24, 23:29   Link #12
Yondaime-Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerpants
Sai's changed was way too fast for my liking. And that whole "I get changed by Naruto because he's the main character and now I'm a helpless Naruto clone!" stereotypical situation happened and it sorta annoyed me with his character.

Iam starting to hate that myself. Naruto touches too many souls, and though he is different from the crowd, it would be nice if they just toned it down a bit. thats why i hate fillers. all the fillers show naruto changing people into better people. and now its just sorta repetitive. it would be nice to see someone inspire naruto instead of naruto always inspiring others.
However, besides the rushed Sai change. I still think he makes a great sasuke replacement because he still is going to be giving those cold remarks just like sasuke use to do to everyone. so far its alll good.
Old 2006-07-25, 06:29   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

What a suprise....at first everyone HATED SAI...now he gets liked by alot of people here. I still have mixed idea's about this guy...but as it is now...he seems the weakest member.

While Sasuke was stronger/weaker/stronger...a real rival for Naruto...which constantly pushed him beyond his limits for both guys.

This Sai seems more like a rival for Sakura right now...while Sakura seems actually more skilled. She is also more experienced in dealing with super powerfull guys (namely Sasori)

But i did like the scene were he gives nicknames to team Asuma..it was about to end in a drama if it werent for Naruto. Though i was hoping that Chouji was mentally stronger then that....if he remains like that he'll die really fast. And he is a chuunin:

[Scene]
Akatsuki (5 guys, Itachi, Kisame, Zetsu, Sasori, Deidara) standing vs team Asuma.
Itachi: ...
Kisame:...ohh alot of flesh there
Zetsu1#:...yeah...
Zetsu2#:...but it isnt enough...
Sasori:...just kids huh?..

Asuma: shit...we must retreat (thinks)... but how?
Shikamaru: ok i got a strategy....Asuma follow my lead Chouji & Ino watch my signals..
Sasori: ...Deidara...you can have the big kid...he is big enough right?
Deidara: yeah...that guy really is a FATTY...yeah....i hate fat guys..yeah
Ino: shit Noo Chouji!!
Chouji charges in....cuz he was called fat....everyone in his squad is killed because of his sudden attack....Shikamaru's strategy was initiate to late...
Old 2006-07-25, 06:34   Link #14
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Add [Manga] to the topic.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 07:37   Link #15
tatami
back in black

sai had no emotions and started to learn them...well what happens when he learns about hate?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 08:26   Link #16
Yondaime-Legacy

Yea. Your right bout sai. but its too early to tell anything about hit moves. hopefully he is around naruto/sasuke level and not sakura's still lameness. (note: sakura couldnt touch Sisori without Chiyo on her side)

Dam Sasori was more bada** then itachi. why'd they have to kill him off.
Old 2006-07-25, 08:48   Link #17
tatami
back in black

also some one talked about sai is below sakura,well sakura didnt do anything at all only she defeated sasori with chiyo,on the other hand sai killed a lot of guys who are
s-ranked like sasuke-kun.also he got quite powerfull ninjutsu yet sasuke overpowered it...sakura got only raw power an when it comes to her precious sasuke kun she almost let her teammates die by her ultimate ninjutsu:
do-not-move-and-blush-when-u-see-sasuke-kun-who-is-ready-to-kill

i hope sai wont die he is kinda cool character and interesting sasuke sworn to break bonds with naruto and sai decided to protect those bond,ultimate clash...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 11:06   Link #18
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
also some one talked about sai is below sakura,well sakura didnt do anything at all only she defeated sasori with chiyo,
She only broke Hiruko which allowed a direct attack and only mixed the antidote which saved the day.

Quote:
on the other hand sai killed a lot of guys who are
s-ranked like sasuke-kun.
We only know the one Jounin from hidden mist... nothing said about S-ranks.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 11:30   Link #19
flexx

Sai a replacement for sasuke? Never.

It was kind of funny when he gave nicknames. But somebody learns emotions by a book
Sauske is much cooler and much stronger than sai. Sai doesn't stand a chance against sasuke and will never do.

Strange like some people start to like sai. I can remember how everybody was angry about when sai turned to be "friendly", show emotions and betrayed his mission.
Just because he saw some pictures... weird.
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 11:42   Link #20
Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
I think Sai will be killed ina heroic way
we are 2 then
Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote