AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

View Poll Results: Eden of the East - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 32 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-21, 00:55   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Eden of the East - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Eden of the East, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-05-21, 02:40   Link #2
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So who votes we see a Johnny lost from its owner?
Old 2009-05-21, 06:15   Link #3
Makkusu
Redeye Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So who votes we see a Johnny lost from its owner?
That's be disgusting, I'd be too scared to watch any more episodes if that happened.
Old 2009-05-21, 11:21   Link #4
Ihadurca

WTF at the end. I guess there's no limit to Juiz's power.
Old 2009-05-21, 11:24   Link #5
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
*fans herself*
My...God that was intense... my heart's beating xD
(someone turn up the temperature in here a little?)

It seems that indeed, eps 1,3,5,7 etc are the intense, action ones and 2,4,6 = informative, plot building ones.

I just gotta say, Diana, psycho serial killer that she is, totally rocks my world.
I love her. xD

I remember reading her character profile back in March and was excited to have a "twisted" Selecao among the group.
But today's ep, definitely makes this series darker, more 'adult themed', it's definitely no kids/teen anime.
(*celebrates* yes!!!!!)
Almost has a Speed Grapher depraved level to it, I love it xD

It's a Selecao vs Selecao ep of sorts, but seeing as they can check out each others records, it makes a "battle" somewhat more dangerous than a Light vs Kira Death Note style one.
The only thing here that'll save you is your imagination and a quick call(s) to Juiz and hope that it outsmarts whoever you're facing.

Makes me think now, if they really pit a Selecao vs another Selecao on a serious battle level in the future ep (or in the movie if it continues on with the story) it'll be something mad fierce, lol

*checks herself*
K... calmed down now.
If that episode pattern is accurate then 8 will be something 'so so' ish, I guess, but ep 7 =
It sealed my love for this series, *fingers crossed* here's hoping ep 11 doesn't disappoint

edit:
@ Ihadurca - rather, there's no limit to a human's imagination, that's where we'll see how interesting (and twisted) this series can really get; the end was Mastercard priceless.
It's better (being general here) if peeps just wait for the raw for 7 and go in totally blind and watch it than read a description on overall summary of the ep.
Something's in life are 100% worth the WTF factor, today's ep is one of them xD
Loved it.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-21 at 11:39.
Old 2009-05-21, 13:58   Link #6
Katsumara
The cake eater.

This episode definitely made me go WTF, that's for sure.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:04   Link #7
Field of Lilies

I want to say something coherent, but... WTF? I'm also quite sure subs won't make this any less WTF.
Old 2009-05-21, 14:08   Link #8
hamstar
just passing by

so we have a serial killer that cuts of penises but it's mr outside that akira wants to punch.

That makes sense.

for people like mystique that dont understand Japanese, the whole thing the end was a magic trick that cost 280k. There's nothing WTF about it if you can read Japanese
Old 2009-05-21, 14:29   Link #9
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
for people like mystique that dont understand Japanese, the whole thing the end was a magic trick that cost 280k. There's nothing WTF about it if you can read Japanese
I think Mystique does understand Japanese, so she probably was referring to those who don't.

But the real question here is, where the hell is Ousugi??
Old 2009-05-21, 15:45   Link #10
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
I think Mystique does understand Japanese, so she probably was referring to those who don't.
I gave her a chance to provide evidence last time but she declined. Therefore I don't have any reason to believe her, neither do you actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
she has him.

Last edited by hamstar; 2009-05-21 at 15:56.
Old 2009-05-21, 16:45   Link #11
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

...the end of this episode left me....speechless.
I did not know how to react to this.

Magic trick or not, it still had a wtf-kery factor. I held the same expression as Saki too xD
And Akira has a nice ass in this episode <333

Gawd, things are getting so freakin twisted in this show.
But I LOVE it.

I need some time to breathe...and make sure I saw what I saw lol
Great episode imo.
Old 2009-05-21, 16:51   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I understand enough Japanese to say that everything Mystique wrote here, at any rate, was true. Not sure if she/he read the phone or not, though. I agree with her/his points of view, as well. More excited than disturbed by Diana, since this is fiction. Except that I like the "slower" episodes as much as the odd-numbered ones.

Watch this episode raw, then read this spoiler...
Spoiler for end of ep7:
I'm kind of happy that the show is turning fanservice on its head -- or perhaps I should say its bottom -- and appealing to its female fans in the way other shows do male fans: with some flashes of nudity.

Igarashi Rei's work as the voice of Diana is excellent, too.

Wonderful anime episode.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-21 at 18:11.
Old 2009-05-21, 18:43   Link #13
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Thanks for being sweet, though you don't have to defend me against hamstar, it's okay.
I wasn't referring to who can or can't, I'm pretty sure there were still a few natives who saw the episode and went 'uso!!?' - the story as it ran gave the wtf factor, not how things where done which, that much I know already, hence is why I said it all boils down to the creativity and cunning of a human being's imagination.
There's no limit to what a person can do with a mobile that grants 'wishes' at a cost of currency.
Perhaps, this is where Mr Outside begins to get off in secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
...the end of this episode left me....speechless.
I did not know how to react to this.

Magic trick or not, it still had a wtf-kery factor. I held the same expression as Saki too xD

And Akira has a nice ass in this episode <333

Gawd, things are getting so freakin twisted in this show.
But I LOVE it.

I need some time to breathe...and make sure I saw what I saw lol
Great episode imo.
More or less ended up in a similar state as you did xD
Despite us knowing the ins and outs of the entire 'game', on Saki's end... just have to put yourself in your own shoes and try to imagine:
"WTF would I have done/thought/felt if I saw what she saw"
I sense ep 8 = some lovely confessions and explainations to be had to the entire scooby gang since it's the aftermath now.
(Or he could always pull a MIB memory flash thingy on them all) xD
Who knows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I understand enough Japanese to say that everything Mystique wrote here, at any rate, was true. Not sure if she/he read the phone or not, though. I agree with her/his points of view, as well. More excited than disturbed by Diana, since this is fiction. Except that I like the "slower" episodes as much as the odd-numbered ones.

Watch this episode raw, then read this spoiler..
I'm kind of happy that the show is turning fanservice on its head -- or perhaps I should say its bottom -- and appealing to its female fans in the way other shows do male fans: with some flashes of nudity.
On it's head... bottom... side... full 720 degree spins. xD
(edit: i mistook that for fandom, lol, oops~)
Best bit of all?
There's no manga for me to do have to do my usual dodge and hide like I have to do with the FMA2 (sadly) - cause people already know what to expect.
For now, everyone's in the same boat and have to purely ride it out until the end, so we're all on the same level. <3
I know we had a mild run in with the use of spoilers earlier, but I will say 'thanks' for using them now, especially with this episode and not writing your usual entire ep summary.
(As well as also encouraging people go see raw first then come back in here, yay!)

And PS:
I'm a girl and yes... a bit of manflesh is always a good thing.
And no guys have a damn right to complain after we're dealing with a busty woman in a bikini set
(Pardon my twisted sense of humour, hee hee, if guys were getting a little excited below at seeing Diana at the start of ep 5 and then saw the cutters and blood and put 2 and 2 together (which i didn't at first, thought they were handcuffs) - that had to have been a real, fast come down for their "johnnies")
Kamiyama has a good sense of humour.

Since you keep tabs on the audience and rating aspects in regards to this series Kaoru, I will ask, what's the general gender ratio of fans or audience for EotE?
I figured the H&C character design would lure more girls to Eden while the intrigue aspect may appeal to guys more, but am still curious to see if there are more females enjoying something that at times can get dark and twisted.
(Although, I guess ep 5 was the romance drama episode, so it balances a wee bit)
The only thing that disappointed me about this ep was that Saki didn't get there earlier to see what was happening a few moments ago.
*snaps fingers*
Close but no cigar, lol.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-21 at 19:04.
Old 2009-05-21, 19:58   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
...Since you keep tabs on the audience and rating aspects in regards to this series Kaoru, I will ask, what's the general gender ratio of fans or audience for EotE?....
I haven't seen an actual breakdown yet. People sometimes get the rating agencies' breakdowns by age and gender and post them on 2channel, but I haven't seen one of those for Eden yet (may have missed it).

I haven't had time to read much of the current 2channel Eden thread, but they have certainly burned thorough a lot of posts: over 1000 since the episode finished airing 8.5 hours ago.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-21, 20:42   Link #15
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l don't get the ending did he take a massive blow to his money?
Old 2009-05-21, 23:25   Link #16
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Earlier Thursday evening, #9 had bought the hotel for Y1.5 billion, taking him down to Y6.7 billion. At the end, after midnight, #11 bought it for Y1.6 billion, it appears, then paid Y28 million for the "super illusion," taking her down to Y6.8 billion. That's how I read it, anyway.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-21 at 23:50.
Old 2009-05-21, 23:27   Link #17
jagass

It's good...What can I say?...lol
Old 2009-05-21, 23:48   Link #18
n15738

great!! Juiz Oh.. She's not just a computer programe

I can't wait for the next chapter.

The fate of Osuki Johnny is now safe.
Old 2009-05-22, 00:08   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by n15738 View Post
...The fate of Osuki Johnny is now safe.
Not necessarily. The face of the guy Diana had might have been an illusion, and it really was Oosugi.
Old 2009-05-22, 00:37   Link #20
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Okay wait, is it confirmed this was all an illusion? For a minute I thought she was a succubus or something.

And was Akira putting the moves on her or what? : C
I never knew he was such a player.
Closed Thread