AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 22:30   Link #3441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well Chaos said the author was falling behind on deadlines and had unprofessional behavior, (by the way Chaos, can you be more specific, unprofessional behavior could mean a lot of things). Resulting in the publisher to get angry and such so for the author to continue releasing volumes he had to switch to a new one.
It didn't get a reboot per say, it just got a new publisher (+Illustrator)

As for unprofessional behavior... Sigh, I don't want to go through 20-30 pages /lazzzzyyyyyyyyy... So just settle for this one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:40   Link #3442
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure what "days" you're referring to -- if anything, anime adaptations of light novels have been getting even more loyal to the source material and treated even more "seriously" than in the past. The anime was wildly successful (along with the novels), and that's no doubt why they're reviving it. I'm not sure exactly how extensive the changes from the novels were, but I don't think the evidence suggests they were so horrible or egregious that they completely changed what made the franchise popular in the first place.

I'm not sure if that's really the true cause, and the fact is we'll never really know. It was also said at some point that the dispute may have been about royalty fees due on overseas merchandise. In the end, disputes between authors and their publishers aren't so uncommon (especially once a franchise becomes a big hit), and there isn't necessarily just one side to blame. It may be interesting to note that Overlap is itself a company formed by former Media Factory employees, so the dispute may have been more wide-reaching than anything just involving this one author.
Well I grew up watching shows such as Inuyasha and anime similar, back then in my opinion the accurately of the original source was really good. When I look at shows such as Campione, Hidan no Aria, Chrome Shelled Regios, and some others, I feel that anime has increasingly been showing anime directors or who ever is in charge of the production been putting their own originality in the show and many important details of the original source is left off. Sometimes the author's point of view is sometimes left out as well.

The top part is really not on topic and is in general so I will stop with the conversation there.

As for disputes between authors and publishers, its fairly common unfortunately.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:51   Link #3443
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Not used to the new art style. I'll wait until we have some "steamy" scenes before I give my verdict.
Choco makes good H if you are that interested
Old 2012-12-29, 22:53   Link #3444
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Choco makes good H if you are that interested
I saw some of Choco works when I type on google. A lot of his works and drawing seems to involve females with weapons so I guess he was a perfect choice as the new illustrator.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:55   Link #3445
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I saw some of Choco works when I type on google. A lot of his works and drawing seems to involve females with weapons so I guess he was a perfect choice as the new illustrator.
They should have him contribute to the story too...good dark despair SF he writes

Of course, I'm just dreaming and will most likely end up being an M and reading purely for his art
Old 2012-12-29, 23:07   Link #3446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well I grew up watching shows such as Inuyasha and anime similar, back then in my opinion the accurately of the original source was really good.
I take it you didn't watch Shaman King or Love Hina? And while I didn't personally see any of the Sailor Moons, I have frequently heard talks of the 'differences' between sources.

Then there's the original Kanon...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:36   Link #3447
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Note: If the reboot of 1-7 is the exact same story as what Baka-Tsuki's already translated, then I'd recommend keeping the old scripts and pics, and just puttign up an option to see the new illustrations.

Now in the off chance (not likely) that 1-7 actually has some considerable rewrites...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 23:48   Link #3448
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Note: If the reboot of 1-7 is the exact same story as what Baka-Tsuki's already translated, then I'd recommend keeping the old scripts and pics, and just puttign up an option to see the new illustrations.

Now in the off chance (not likely) that 1-7 actually has some considerable rewrites...
There is already a section for the original pictures and the new pictures already on the illustration pages. Teh_Ping already mentioned this before so for those who liked the original can keep viewing them. Though that is only for vol 1-7, after that is all Choco.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:34   Link #3449
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I have to be honest here, the size of I.S. in the new illustration it better somewhat, tiny enough to be compared to medieval armor. (or War Machine, at that) The characters in the novel act as if the I.S. are humongous... while then claim it can be carried by a 15-year old girl, WITHOUT it's anti-gravity system active, suure thing, I can believe that...

And Ichika... well, damn. He look his age realistically , so unless the rest of student is de-aged as well, I'll call shotacon. Out.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:44   Link #3450
Algester

I'll probably think it will be more of a reprint (under new publisher) than a complete reboot though but we will see since after all the first volume will be released will be volume 8 now that would make inconsistencies if this will be in-fact be a reboot despite what I would probably think of having more minimalist approach on IS designs by Choco
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 02:47   Link #3451
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Its all good that the Light Novel is now progressing again. If a second season of anime is being made, all I hope for is that they do it right. They changed some stuff of the Light Novel and some areas the animation felt out of place in the first season. I seriously wonder about anime these days.

Whatever happen to the days where anime was made seriously and depicted the information accurately from its original source?
ASB always felt like a "rehab novel" for Izuru, something to do to get himself back on his feet as he works on the new IS series.

CHOCO as an artist means Laura and Cecilia will get the most out of Choco's skills. Hell we may see a shift on the IS from the more "mecha musume " to a more "EVA" look given how CHOCO also did several Evangelion doujins.
Old 2012-12-30, 03:03   Link #3452
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I'm liking CHOCO's illustrations more than Okiura's (no disrespect) on first look alone.

...And, to make it official, I'll be translating volume 8 once I'm done with Unicorn...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 03:45   Link #3453
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

To be fair on CHOCO, he has way more professional experience than Okiura does. The guy has a lot of versatility since i just learned he did the character designs for Xenosaga
Old 2012-12-30, 05:41   Link #3454
HasuMasu
*Artist

Personally I like Okiura's designs way more, but as long as IS lives on then fuck it I'm not complaining.
Old 2012-12-30, 06:28   Link #3455
DarkJak2050

Well, even though IS is officially revived, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

We don't know what will happen between now and Vol. 8's release. Or if it'll actually be released, depending on Izuru...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 09:39   Link #3456
Valky
Radioactive

Houki changed so much I barely recognize her. o_O
Old 2012-12-31, 23:07   Link #3457
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Oh boy, that's a pretty big change .. I'm more concerned about changes to Chifuyu-nee! That she's back at all though is definitely cause for celebration though

I have to admit I'm happy that it's back. IS was one of those "guilty pleasures" up there along with Dog Days, Highschool DxD and Hagure Yuusha..
Old 2013-01-01, 00:36   Link #3458
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- I wouldn't know. She still has those "I'm going to beat you into the next century for being ecchi" eyes...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 00:39   Link #3459
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Pretty recognizable to me, her facial expression now fits her better. See the eyebrows, they are tilt to from a V thus identifying her as a tsundere. The Pony tail is the nice indicator. The only thing that is very different is that her eyes are much bigger. Well that is my opinion.
Old 2013-01-01, 00:42   Link #3460
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And she look her age

which is good.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen