Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-11-15, 07:07   Link #31761
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
RIP to everyone to plays NA for their login streak lost to the 24 hours maintenance.

Back to JP, I just rolled my 3rd Angra Mainyuu today. I already rolled Skadi last year so it's safe skip for me and consort Yu is my pick, just need to get the 2nd from a gacha.
It's not that bad. Sure looking at a "1" can shake u for a bit, but we're all getting our bonuses from 8M Downloads that everyone lost in NA due to maintenance

I never paid too much attention to that number as it wasn't tied to a game award.
Old 2019-11-15, 07:16   Link #31762
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Gonna go with Carmilla. Already have the ones I want in story locks even if this is the best time to get story locked ones. Carmilla's the only first gen SR Servant I havent gotten at all. Plus she gives back 5 quartz from her interlude and 2 strengthenings.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 08:28   Link #31763
McW
Canaan II When?

Images
a
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Me#1: Ok, I get Saber (Alt) with the ticket and I have all the F/SN servants.

Me#2: But she's not even the right Saber.

Me#1: It's OK, there are too many Sabers to pick up for so this one will do. Plus she had a very close physical relationship with Shirou.... like getting stabbed in the heart.

Me#2: But you don't even have Gilgamesh.

Me#1: I do have him, it's just I feel he's too much a F/Z character rather than F/SN one... plus I don't have 2 Caster slots.

Me#2: ...are you serious!?

Me#1: I (and you) have all the F/SN servants...it's my delusion so I do what I want with it.

P.S. All the F/SN servant should be non-limited.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 10:03   Link #31764
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
and Buster is now better than Arts in stalling
Anyone who says this doesn't really know what they're talking about. Buster meta in JP right now is Arjuna Alter + taunters + NP chargers. There's nothing stall-based about taking level 1 taunters to ensure they die one at a time each turn.

Yes, it's better for challenges, but it's not stall.

As for Quick vs Arts looping, both require multiple specific Servants, but the important part is that Quick REQUIRES double Skadi. And usually either another SSR for the looping or a decently NP'd 4-star. Some, like Valkyrie, can get by with low NP levels. Arts only really WANTS Nero Bride, and can get by with stricter requirements if you don't have her.

In short, Quick looping is better, but requires more luck/investment in the gacha.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 11:18   Link #31765
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
What are your thoughts about the Arts meta in JP? Some say it's useless now that Merlin and Skadi exist, others say Quick NP loops better than Arts and Buster is now better than Arts in stalling and challenge quests.
Hokusai or Holmes based Arts team still handles most CQ well enough
Old 2019-11-15, 11:36   Link #31766
Rizare

Art still works fine, especially since bride Nero got her strengthening to her 1st skill and brought the spotlight back to art along with Tamamo giving out NP dmg up on her first skill. QSH is a MVP for many CQ as well so I would say nothing about Art servants are useless.
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 01:32   Link #31767
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
What are your thoughts about the Arts meta in JP? Some say it's useless now that Merlin and Skadi exist, others say Quick NP loops better than Arts and Buster is now better than Arts in stalling and challenge quests.
Quick and Buster have had their up and downs, but Arts had always been the most stable because it started off with 2 of the Four Support Kings already fitting in so comfortably in any type of Arts team (Waver, despite being general support, works so well with Arts team he might as well be Arts support), but also because ever since then, Arts had been getting really strong in particular when it comes to the options you have compared to Quick and Buster.

Hans, Asclepius and DrP all can serve a good to integral roll in any arts team, be it for stalling or NP looping. For Burst damage Arts might not be able to compare to the number that Quick and Buster can reach, but it still has great damage focused servants like Hokusai for AoE and for single target, you have everyone from Euryale, Robin for that, to Saberlot for crit focus. GDB pointed out how Bride is a support for Arts that helps with NP looping, but like he said, even without Bride/Double Bride system, you can still NP loop with Arts under other supports, even if the requirements are stricter. And then there is even more option with Lanling, QSH, Jeanne, Holmes, etc. that continue on buffing the Arts teams.

Basically, Arts is so good, that it doesn't need to be flashy, because there is an option for everything out there.

I think that people who say that "Buster and Quick are better at etc." are sort of getting caught up with how much those two meta need specific servants to pull the crazy stuff, so Arts (which had been good since launch, and only got marginally better overtime rather than suddenly) that it's easy to exaggerate.

Is Buster better at challenge quests? In terms of overall damage, yeah, since you got Memejuna + Merlin to smash everything in their path, but that's not like Arts can't also clear CQs that the game has, and not to mention it also will have the better NP bursts as opposed to the single burst damage that Buster teams need to deal with without NP chargers. Add to that the break bars, and its clear that Busters are the one and only team that is the best for every type of CQ.

Is Quick better at NP looping? For now, maybe, but Quick meta is so dependent on Skadi that unlike Arts, which is swimming in so many different options for Support, both limited and in the regular gatcha, that any Quick team to be worth its salt will always need to have one if not Double Skadi in order to compete. And that's more dependent on how lucky you are, since Skadi is limited and isn't going to come around very often.

Is anyone of those two better than Arts at stalling? Frankly, no.

Buster got good supports, but the only ones that actually adds survivability in CQ is going to be Merlin. Nightingale can't stall, since as a Zerker, all it takes is a crit and she's dead, Okki is fun to use for the dank memes and she got the potential to pull it off, but she can't sustain a Buster team on her own.

Quick got it worse, since the one good support they have that, Skadi, doesn't come with a good survivability measure in her kit. Her NP is the closest thing she has, and the one time evade isn't good enough, the Insta-death immunity is lol worthy, and there is no healing unlike Merlin, Tamamo or Hans, and not stalling potential in her unlike Waver. Arts by contrast got all of this in their main supports, and also in their secondary supports.

So: I think that Arts meta in JP is more or less where it had always been: the most stable of the all card types, and overall the best and most reliable way to beat most challenges in the game.
Old 2019-11-16, 04:00   Link #31768
Homura7

Rolled my weekly ticket and got Astraea. Man, she's super fun to use.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 04:38   Link #31769
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Quick got it worse, since the one good support they have that, Skadi, doesn't come with a good survivability measure in her kit. Her NP is the closest thing she has, and the one time evade isn't good enough, the Insta-death immunity is lol worthy, and there is no healing unlike Merlin, Tamamo or Hans, and not stalling potential in her unlike Waver. Arts by contrast got all of this in their main supports, and also in their secondary supports.
"Who needs the hard def when enemies are already dead before they can act anyway?"

Bosses that max out their NP gauges at HP break and have invul pierce NPs say hi.

Maybe you can use the insta-death immunity for things like the King Hassan CQ?

Quote:
So: I think that Arts meta in JP is more or less where it had always been: the most stable of the all card types, and overall the best and most reliable way to beat most challenges in the game.
Glad to know. I'm an Arts main in NA and I am appalled at how much crap Arts is getting in JP right now just because it couldn't reach the crazy heights Buster and Quick can. I figured I ask people here too because the opinions I get from anyone anywhere are REALLY conflicting.

But anyways, thank you everyone for your thoughts!
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 12:36   Link #31770
MartianMage

Actually max NP on trigger is one of the things that shits on the classic arts gameplay where you take things slow and just arts chain all day. Tamamo and Waver don't really offer anything to stop a trigger like that. Buster and Quick can usually mitigate this with things like Illusion or bunch of taunters. Classic arts don't really setup taunt walls like buster and quick teams do well... at least for classic arts gameplay. Of course you can try fast clearing with arts and try to imitate buster/quick teams but arts trying to fast clear faces quite a number of issues. One of the biggest issue is Tamamo having no battery so an arts setup already faces a dilemna of not using BG(best damage CE) or using a double Waver setup(weaker buffs).

Now I'm not saying arts is weak. True enough arts is very viable in clearing hard stuff. It just tends to be slower and less flashy. And yeah that's one of the reason why most vids use buster and quick setup to min turn CQs because they're very flashy as opposed to watching someone arts loop for a lot of turns. And yeah like I said using arts for a fast clear might be possible depending on the quest but it's usually harder to setup because of the issues I mentioned.

edit: also Bride isn't really an arts support. No stopping quick and buster from using her too. Lots of buster min turns out there that uses bride.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2019-11-16 at 13:03.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 12:45   Link #31771
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
even without Bride/Double Bride system, you can still NP loop with Arts under other supports, even if the requirements are stricter. And then there is even more option with Lanling, QSH, Jeanne, Holmes, etc. that continue on buffing the Arts teams.
Wouldn't say stricter per se since Paracelsius and an allied Tama aren't exactly hard to find

BTW, Skadi's anti-insta kill NP saved my ass against the annoying runaway clown CQ in this year's Gilfes

Quote:

Glad to know. I'm an Arts main in NA and I am appalled at how much crap Arts is getting in JP right now just because it couldn't reach the crazy heights Buster and Quick can. I figured I ask people here too because the opinions I get from anyone anywhere are REALLY conflicting.

Go watch Ka Ga's YT vids for how to build anti-CQ line ups. That guy generally mains Arts teams. In fact I honestly have not heard anyone dissing Arts at all amongst JP players......Usually people diss Quick for CQs even though that's also just them exaggerating TBH. All 3 colors are in a good spot now.
Old 2019-11-16, 23:12   Link #31772
Skulkraken

On the NA server, all NPs now have subtitles.
Old 2019-11-16, 23:25   Link #31773
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkraken View Post
On the NA server, all NPs now have subtitles.
I noticed that too.

Sweet rolled a ten roll with the free quartz they just gave out and got Ishtar. Finally have a 5* for every OG class. Still missing an avenger though.
Old 2019-11-17, 02:15   Link #31774
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:

Yeah, its no prob.

The thing about Arts is that it doesn't need to be flashy to work. Even if Arts teams don't reach the same heights as Buster/Quick, the variety that they have more than make up for it and makes it worth running on the regular, more than Quick imo that you need to have Skadi in your team or it just wont work.

NA is already looking at getting Hokusai in a few months time, then Anastasia, then Jeanne Archer, and then Lanling and QSH. And then a year after that you'll get Bella Davinci and Asclepius and the Summer '19 servants.

So if you like/use Arts, you'll get plenty of support in the future. Just because Quick and Buster get shiny new toys doesn't mean Arts is falling to the wayside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Actually max NP on trigger is one of the things that shits on the classic arts gameplay where you take things slow and just arts chain all day. Tamamo and Waver don't really offer anything to stop a trigger like that. Buster and Quick can usually mitigate this with things like Illusion or bunch of taunters. Classic arts don't really setup taunt walls like buster and quick teams do well... at least for classic arts gameplay. Of course you can try fast clearing with arts and try to imitate buster/quick teams but arts trying to fast clear faces quite a number of issues. One of the biggest issue is Tamamo having no battery so an arts setup already faces a dilemna of not using BG(best damage CE) or using a double Waver setup(weaker buffs).
Classic art with only Waver/Tamamo is good for stalling more than anything, so yeah, but getting Max NP on trigger is also possible in Arts just like the other card types, just with the other Arts support. Bride, Lanling and Asclepius all open more potential for that set up + Plugsuit, not to mention that depending on the servant themselves, they could have in their kit a battery to help with that as well. That's the thing about Arts, it's not so committed to only Waver/Tamamo as their main support, unlike Quick with Skadi.

Quote:
Now I'm not saying arts is weak. True enough arts is very viable in clearing hard stuff. It just tends to be slower and less flashy.
Yeah, pretty much. Arts is the "boring, but practical" option most of the time, or when you need to/want to go into a turtle strat. Or want to have constant NP looping with refund every turn.

Quote:
edit: also Bride isn't really an arts support. No stopping quick and buster from using her too. Lots of buster min turns out there that uses bride.
Bride post her new upgrade is now in the same position as Waver imo: they are both general support for all card types, but they find the most use in Arts teams.

Not like Merlin himself isn't easy to use also in Arts team, since his NP and 2 of his skills are also very Arts friendly. Only skill that would be a waste is his Hero Creation, and even then the crit damage and HP is very good. Waver, Merlin, Tamamo can really all fit in any team, due to how good they all are as support units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Wouldn't say stricter per se since Paracelsius and an allied Tama aren't exactly hard to find
Stricter in the sense of NP looping, not in terms of overall support I meant, since as GDB mentioned, Bride makes NP looping much simpler to accomplish with Double Bride. You can still NP loop without Bride, just that the threshold to get it work is a bit harder.

But it does help most of the Arts units for support aren't limited, yes.

Quote:
BTW, Skadi's anti-insta kill NP saved my ass against the annoying runaway clown CQ in this year's Gilfes
Fitting a lol worthy skill worked against a clown!

But more seriously, the issue with Skadi's protection is that they are so situational, unlike Merlin, Hans, Waver and Tama's. They all either have heals, stalling mechanics or some sort of immediate protection in their kits, but Skadi got the very situational insta-death protection and a one time evade. Even if the evade was 1 turn rather than one time, or she had similar to Okki an HP up in her NP as a form of pseudo-heal, it would help her with not being weaker in prolonged fights.

Quote:
Go watch Ka Ga's YT vids for how to build anti-CQ line ups. That guy generally mains Arts teams. In fact I honestly have not heard anyone dissing Arts at all amongst JP players......Usually people diss Quick for CQs even though that's also just them exaggerating TBH. All 3 colors are in a good spot now.
Kery games also likes to showcase a few Arts focused teams for CQs. But Ka Ga is pretty much a famous for the Hokusai clears.

And yeah, all of the 3 types are in a good place now in terms of support, in their own ways. I haven't seen many complain about them aside from maybe Quick needing more support in general.
Old 2019-11-17, 02:49   Link #31775
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Stricter in the sense of NP looping, not in terms of overall support I meant, since as GDB mentioned, Bride makes NP looping much simpler to accomplish with Double Bride. You can still NP loop without Bride, just that the threshold to get it work is a bit harder.

But it does help most of the Arts units for support aren't limited, yes.

Fitting a lol worthy skill worked against a clown!

But more seriously, the issue with Skadi's protection is that they are so situational, unlike Merlin, Hans, Waver and Tama's. They all either have heals, stalling mechanics or some sort of immediate protection in their kits, but Skadi got the very situational insta-death protection and a one time evade. Even if the evade was 1 turn rather than one time, or she had similar to Okki an HP up in her NP as a form of pseudo-heal, it would help her with not being weaker in prolonged fights.

Kery games also likes to showcase a few Arts focused teams for CQs. But Ka Ga is pretty much a famous for the Hokusai clears.

And yeah, all of the 3 types are in a good place now in terms of support, in their own ways. I haven't seen many complain about them aside from maybe Quick needing more support in general.
Paracelsius' whole schtik is to help with NP looping really.

And yeah, if I need defense I'll usually pair Skadi up with Merlin if I am running my Q team. In that case the 1 time evade is not to be underestimated especially when Merlin's invul is still on cooldown and you have GOA's healing active.

In any case, Q is really for bursting down single target CQs (unless you have Dantes which I don't)

Helps also that other than Tama, the other 3 big supporters (Waver, Merlin, Skadi) aren't really color restricted. They can function as the secondary supporter regardless of who you are using as the DPS
Old 2019-11-17, 04:20   Link #31776
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn, why gatcha always trolls me? One 10x on NA from the gift quartz.

Spoiler for Roll:
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 04:26   Link #31777
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Why don't I get trolled like that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 04:40   Link #31778
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, when you desperately trying to get some Servant on JP with no result, but get it on NA, it is a trolling. I don't play NA much lately because of the lack of time.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 12:47   Link #31779
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I can't decide who to get for a free 4 star.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 15:43   Link #31780
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
You know, when you desperately trying to get some Servant on JP with no result, but get it on NA, it is a trolling. I don't play NA much lately because of the lack of time.
I'm just saying. I wanted Hassan and Parvati and never got them, despite all the SQ I spent on their banners.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon