2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-10-05, 09:36   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
And Heaven's Feel. And technically UBW, since Rin learns martial arts from Kirei.
i assume he wasn't familiar with the VN.
Old 2012-10-06, 01:50   Link #22
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Kirei didn't really do anything in Episode 8. It was a curbstomp fight. He was stronger, faster, and had knives. Elbow, stomp, break a tree. No real technique shown. 26 is what woke me up and said, "Wow, this guy is for real." The blocking, the deflecting, the precision of his strikes, they all came together in that scene. It didn't register to me that he was a true threat on his own up until that scene showing us a summation of everything he had at his disposal. This includes the command spells nullifying the effect of Kiritsugu's bullets.

That was probably the only good fight in the series, to be honest...

Last edited by SJCrew; 2012-10-13 at 11:56. Reason: Kiritsugu != Kirei, I always get their names mixed up somehow.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:39   Link #23
MexicanAnime

While I have not been exposed to Type Moon works before I watched this a few months ago, Fate/Zero was very enjoyable to me and it's not something you would need to watch/play Fate/Stay Night to understand.

The show is beautifully animated with it's fights and backgrounds and the characters (whether it be the masters or servants) all have unique powers to their disposal which makes things interesting; especially with some of the tactful masters.

Fights to the death was not the only interesting part of the show however as Fate/Zero has an interesting story with some well executed themes and depth with each character having their own interesting view point that it makes you think whether or not what the character did was right or not; such the point with Kiritsugi later in the story. This all makes it all better as Fate/Zero is just not some cheesy shonen fight show as it offers much more than just pretty visuals.

and now to the characters! While they may not be the nicest of people, the masters in the story are all quite entertaining for their own points (Though to be honest, I did find Kokoimi to be a bit boring). Kirei and Kiritsugi both have to be my favorite masters as Kiritsugi had a strong belief in his goal and it was great to see him go to great lengths to achieve those. Kirei starts off as more of a "puppet" than anything but quickly begins to have his own desires which made for a great turn in the story later.

The servants are all fun as well as they are each reincarnations or famous figures of the past, such as Alexander the Great who's part of the Rider Class in Fate/Zero. Not to sound repetitve, but as said, they all have their own interesting abilities and it's neat to see them bounce off of each other, whether it be servants to servants in where both of them were kings, or to master and servant, such as Rider and Waver who were my favorite partners of the two.

Now what are some of my complaints? Exposition could have been handled it better as it could be a problem at times and some of the scenes in the show felt a little too forced, especially in the latter half which could make it a little hard to take seriously.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:17   Link #24
VTHokiePride

I just finished Fate/Zero and I thought it was a well done anime. The back story to Kiritsugu was great and I was blown away that Illya is his daughter. While there wasn't really much that could do during the finale, I enjoyed how the finale ended where Shirou says he wants to be a hero and realize Kiritsugu's dream. I doubt there would be another season added to this anime, but if there was I would definitely watch it.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 11:42   Link #25
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I just finished Fate/Zero and I thought it was a well done anime. The back story to Kiritsugu was great and I was blown away that Illya is his daughter. While there wasn't really much that could do during the finale, I enjoyed how the finale ended where Shirou says he wants to be a hero and realize Kiritsugu's dream. I doubt there would be another season added to this anime, but if there was I would definitely watch it.
If you liked the revelation that Illya is Kiritsugu daughter, you should try the visual novel of Fate/Stay Night. It has more stuff like that.

Edit: From another thread it seems like you already have played/read Fate/Stay Night. Than why didn't you know Illya was Kiritsugu daughter? It is revealed in the Heaven's Feel arc.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-01-12 at 15:37.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:46   Link #26
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Oh well, I want to say something about Fate/Zero because I just need to.

I already watched Fate/Stay Night when I saw Fate/Zero and I really feel like those two series don’t really come well together. The first show is entertaining but by the first half does a mediocre job with all the elements, characters and back-story that the thing should use. The story goes in a predictable way, we all knew who was going to win the Holy Grail and when give a nice twist by the end the overall impression was good but nothing really spectacular or out of the typical shonen formula. Not to mention Shirou Emiya in that story is one of the weirdest and stupidest protagonist I have ever seen. And yes I have play the actual game, is just a little better there.

Fate/Zero on the other hand is just a lot much better. Does a good job of picture the scene of a battle royal to the death between the seven teams of Masters and Servants and while some characters did get a lot of screen time and focus over others, each one of them was made really well. Combine good characters with a clear setting that has them working towards a goal while still manage to deliver some intricate setting and rules without confusing you too much, and you have a good anime in your hands.

The story is more mature than the one in Fate/Stay Night. Characters act smart and move toward to get their goals without just sitting around and wait for the other villains to get over so they can jump in the scene. Everything here fits a good spot and while some Servants like Rider really steal the show when they are on camera almost all characters have a good presentation. Except for Assassin which I still consider the Servant that gets more the shaft in all the Fate stories I read so far. Yes even more than Lancer.

Overall Fate/Zero has been one of my favorite series of all time if then introduce some plot elements that are never explore on its “sequel” and the ending was kind of a letdown because I already knew what was going to happen. Also the fact that some Masters and Servants just die in a miserable way doesn’t help it much. But is good, well made, full of action, brains and soul that should never be ignored. I give the series a 9
Old 2013-03-22, 19:12   Link #27
cj_iwakura
The Rhythm Rogue

Send a message via AIM to cj_iwakura
Second exposure to the Fate universe after Extra. Loved it, started out good, had me by the throat until the end, ending left me broken.
Spoiler:

Animation: 10/10, best 3d depiction of vehicles I've ever seen.
Music: 7/10, some good stuff, some decent, some forgettable, LOVE Season 1's ED. Season 2's kind of sucked in comparison.
Characters: 9/10, driving force. The only downside is well, what happens to some of them.
Story: 10/10, handled everyone equally well, no one character felt neglected, they all got equal treatment, and it was hard to say if anyone was a protagonist or antagonist, which is a trademark of great writing.

I am playing(that means not watching the anime) Fate/Stay Night the MOMENT I finish Steins;Gate. Can't wait.
Old 2013-05-27, 00:41   Link #28
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

one of the best animes i've ever seen
there are some minor 'glitches' in the plot though

but i wish there would be a season 3, the fact that an outsider was involved in the fight, makes me want to know what happened if the series continued
Old 2013-05-27, 09:04   Link #29
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
but i wish there would be a season 3, the fact that an outsider was involved in the fight, makes me want to know what happened if the series continued
OK, you are aware that Zero is a prequel to FSN, right? The forum title should have hinted at that if nothing else did....

Continuing Fate/Zero would make absolutely no sense. The Grail War is over, there's nothing more to show until you get to FSN, which has been made already.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 14:36   Link #30
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I thought the Fate/Stay Night anime didn't actually exist. I did see something from DEEN that remotely resembled it though. Was pretty garbage though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 14:48   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Fate/Stay Night adapted by ufotable would be a very enjoyable watch. Think of it as being like KyoAni's Kanon 2006.
Old 2013-05-28, 20:26   Link #32
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I thought the Fate/Stay Night anime didn't actually exist. I did see something from DEEN that remotely resembled it though. Was pretty garbage though.
Well, yes, perhaps, but even so making a third series of Zero would be silly. At best you'd just re-make FSN.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 18:31   Link #33
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished.
Really an awesome series.
The graphics were really impressive (I saw KnK and FZ in a row, so was really impressed with the animation job), the music awesome.
The story was quite awesome as well, and nearly touched me emotionally at the end.

Can't wait for the FSN/HF remake.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:25   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just loved Waver Velvet throughout the series. From the start he knew he was probably going to be in way over his head, but somehow his pride prevented him from backing out, and he ended up seeing the whole thing through. Now that's real courage if I've ever seen any.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 06:07   Link #35
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Animation Quality: 10

Remember the Archer Vs Berserker fight, Caster vs others fight, and Saber vs Berserker fight
that's easily become one of my most favorite battle scenes ever in anime series
I love shiny things...

Voice Actors: 9

It's not very hard to be Fate/Zero VA actually... you only need more stoic voices... since most of them talked in emotionless expression (Maiya, Kiritsugu, Tokiomi, Kirei, etc). Although the voice actors managed to picture despairing scene very well... every screams are done pretty good

Script: 12/10

Best!!! as expected from Urobuchi Gen.... Blood, Ghouls, Despair, Murder.. Everything is hereeee
being in Fate/Zero means you have a dark past and background (except Waver maybe)
The script leave nothing else to be explained about....
(although I still don't understand about Angra Maiyu stuff.. and why the Grail is like that)

Soundtrack: 10

I'm Yuki Kajiura's fanboy.... OP and ED are the best!!! My favorites ever

Enjoyment: 10

Enjoyed this anime very well... So many unexpected things occurred and I never predict that. That what I loved from this anime... Although a dark setting anime like F/Z is bad for my heart.. hahaha (I can't withstand blood)

Emotional Involvement: 1-10

ummm yeah... I have to be honest... I leave this anime for a year because I was too shocked about zombie stuffs in ep 18/19....
I think I watched this anime in different way than other anime.... I got too absorbed.. then I feel despair
Yes!!! This anime is twisting my emotion in perfect way... putting it in roller-coaster mode but always in dark mode

(I still don't know how to explain how I enjoy this anime very much)
10/10
best anime 2012... and obviously one of my best anime ever
too bad that I finished it in 2013
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 04:58   Link #36
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To me, Fate/Zero can simply be described as "a battle between adults" compared to Fate/stay night which focused more on the ideals of Shirou Emiya. Unlike the Masters of the F/SN Grail War, the Masters in Zero are ruthless, seeing only death towards each other as competitors as the viable method. Ironically, wanting to take away bloodshed was the reason that motivated Kiritsugu throughout his career as a Master, and we all saw how bad he screwed up.

I am personally not a fan of Gen Urobuchi's works because it sways too hard in favor of despair. This might also be the last time I'd pick up any media from the Fate franchise. The world itself where battles between heroic figures of history seems interesting, but the inner workings of each Grail War doesn't seem up my alley. Perhaps, I might pick up Prisma Illya and Carnival Phantasm, but that's still up in the air.

In a nutshell, Fate/Zero's great, but maybe I'm not that interested in anything Fate after all.

ENTRIES #233 and #234 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote