Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 01:16   Link #3181
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Evolution of Irohasu's rejections :

It's impossible not to ship her with Hikki after reading this

I guess this is pretty much her catch phrase by now..
Heat066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 01:25   Link #3182
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

V9.Ch8

Whoa, just getting caught up... Hnnngg-o-meter overload! Yukino speaking honestly from her heart makes me quiver.

Quote:
“Aren’t you more along the lines of impudent or cheeky or garbage or so?”
“Hey? Wasn’t that last one kind of different?”
Annnnd their banter is back! With the 'new boundaries' of their relationship, I was afraid there wasn't room for their old bantering anymore, but happily it's still there on some level.

As for the 'help me, okay?': Despite the heart-stopping delivery, this didn't seem that surprising to me. Yui was helped. Hachiman is being helped. It seems only logical that the last act of the club will be to help Yukino solve her problem.

The part that puzzled me was the: '..then I can save something' --Wat? To me this just came out of nowhere. Yukino hinting 'what could it be I wonder' implies it's something we should be aware of. Given the ridiculous amounts of foreshadowing by Wataru-sensei, it has to be something obvious. But I'm totally drawing a blank here.

Some interesting developments with Hayama too. I have to agree with those who said he doesn't have a facade. He is really the worst: A genuine, honest-to-goodness nice guy, that's fun to be around, helpful, charming, and brightens the room around him naturally and without effort. He succeeds without even trying, and you can't even dislike him for it because he doesn't do it on purpose.

So what's up with his 'I'm not really a nice guy' shtick? Hachiman clearly sees he's full of shit. Maybe he's just still haunted by hurting Yukino in the past, but that kinda seems too obvious.

Aw man, loved this chapter!

“Senpai. It’s super heavy.” ----HHNNNGNGNGNGGGG.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Evolution of Irohasu's rejections:
Haha! That was awesome!

Old 2014-06-01, 05:11   Link #3183
ENZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
The part that puzzled me was the: '..then I can save something' --Wat? To me this just came out of nowhere. Yukino hinting 'what could it be I wonder' implies it's something we should be aware of. Given the ridiculous amounts of foreshadowing by Wataru-sensei, it has to be something obvious. But I'm totally drawing a blank here.

Maybe it's Yui: from the Summer Camp we've seen that Yukino wanted to help Tsurumi mostly because of the similarity between her and Yui. Like by heping Tsurumi Rumi, she's helping Yui by extension. And the depth of care she feels for Yui is quite evident, when Yui quit the Service Club, she wanted to get her back (by celebrating her birthday) and she gives in to Yui's demands pretty easily compared to others. That being said, it doesn't feel like the right answer though.
ENZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 06:04   Link #3184
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZX View Post
Maybe it's Yui: from the Summer Camp we've seen that Yukino wanted to help Tsurumi mostly because of the similarity between her and Yui. Like by heping Tsurumi Rumi, she's helping Yui by extension. And the depth of care she feels for Yui is quite evident, when Yui quit the Service Club, she wanted to get her back (by celebrating her birthday) and she gives in to Yui's demands pretty easily compared to others. That being said, it doesn't feel like the right answer though.
Yukino wasn't exactly sincere at that moment. and Hachiman specifically noted that Rumi was similar to certain someone else.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 06:24   Link #3185
Distoch

About Yukino wanting to save something , she says that in the first Volume :

“…That wouldn’t solve any problems or save anybody.” As Yukinoshita spoke the word ‘save’, her expression was that of bloodcurdling anger. I inadvertently flinched. I was ready to apologize and blurt out a ‘S-s-s-s-sorry!’ if need be. Talking about salvation wasn’t usually something a mere high school student would do. I just couldn’t understand what it was that was driving her this far.

Either she has something she wanted to save all this time and that's what she is referring to in the recent chapter , or this thing has changed along with her through time.
Distoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 07:26   Link #3186
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
Yukino wasn't exactly sincere at that moment. and Hachiman specifically noted that Rumi was similar to certain someone else.
From the 4th volume spoilers I've got an another impression. Rumi reminds Yukino, Yui and Hayato to something that happened in their pasts. Where they being in her exact position or on the other side and feeling guilty that's an another issue.

Spoiler for 4th volume talk:

It doesn't deny it from what I read. However, I don't know what exactly she wants to save. There are hints, nevertheless until it shows up in the novels there is a lot of conjecture mixed in. We can speculate though.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 08:35   Link #3187
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
From the 4th volume spoilers I've got an another impression. Rumi reminds Yukino, Yui and Hayato to something that happened in their pasts. Where they being in her exact position or on the other side and feeling guilty that's an another issue.
Nah, that's not "exactly correct".

- Yui understands Rumi's current "position" (which implies that she was "shoved off" from her class at some point in her youth).
- Yukinon & Rumi's situation is almost mirrored, it goes beyond "understanding". Apparently Yukinon mature side caused her to be left out of the loop of the class, add jealousy to that and she became generally hated. Yui didn't go through that (her attitude tells so clearly; she lacks the personality to be despised like that by others).
- Both Hayato & Yui recognize Rumi's situation and the two of them feel that they have to do something; seemingly sorta of a "prove that it can be done" thing.

BTW, since no one told their side of the tale "honestly", these are only Hikki's observations (which are likely spot on, since he is usually right no those matters).
Old 2014-06-01, 09:30   Link #3188
ENZX

The thing is, you have to see it from Yukino's point of view. I doubt she recognises the similarity between her and Tsurumi.

Maybe the thing she wants to save has not changed, but the way she would go about saving it has changed.
ENZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 09:52   Link #3189
Distoch

But what is there to save about Yui ?

I'm with Okashira here , Yui must have been a bystander in a similar situation (like Hayato) , plus she says herself that she kept friends by the end of elementary school when 8man asked her.
Old 2014-06-01, 10:42   Link #3190
iskorts

Just a crazy theory... but what if Yukino is trying to save Haruno?

Looking at it another way, Haruno might've been saving Yukino from their mother since they were children by taking all of the attention. By becoming the trophy child, she's given Yukino the freedom to do whatever she wants. Haruno adores and resents Yukino, her weird hot and cold treatment towards her is the result of her sacrifice... maybe what she's trying to save is their relationship.
iskorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 11:25   Link #3191
Distoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post

Looking at it another way, Haruno might've been saving Yukino from their mother since they were children by taking all of the attention. By becoming the trophy child, she's given Yukino the freedom to do whatever she wants. Haruno adores and resents Yukino, her weird hot and cold treatment towards her is the result of her sacrifice... maybe what she's trying to save is their relationship.
That's exactly what I was thinking in fact.

That bit in volume 8 when she tells Yukino that someone will always do things for her , she might be referring to herself.
That sense of self-sacrifice could be the thing she lacks that 8man and Haruno have.

So in the end she may try to help the both of them.
Old 2014-06-01, 15:19   Link #3192
hti2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskorts View Post

Though it's an interesting theory but i disagree with you . I think that from yukino prespective it didn't sound that haruno did sacrifice or anything for her because she said that Haruno had been in the center of attention and was liked by everyone all the time but yukino conducted herself like a doll trying to be like haruno but she was rejected probably by the mother of all evil . From the beginning haruno didn't protect yukino from attention since yukino was rejected to begin with. But these is where the relationship between the two sisters is awesome haruno wants yukino to stop conducting herself and to be herself and i am sure she wants yukino to be accepted as yukino though she is trying to tell her that in a roundabout way as usual. Yukino on the other hand though she didn't get what her sister want she knows that it's hard on her sister to be the center of attention and that she is always lonely i think it was implied when yukino talked about the past and how haruno used to have fun then yukino stopped smiling instead she looked even sad But that wasn't what motivated her tobtake part in sc election she even thought that they had been done with it until irohasa made her request and she wasn't planning to be candidate herself until haruno provoked her and using a candidate was a counter solution to 8man plus yukino said that she wanted something different from what haruno and 8man have something that they both don't have

Last edited by hti2; 2014-06-01 at 15:32.
hti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 15:29   Link #3193
Tenzen12

Mother of all evil, realy? We know that Yukino mother is "scary" person and she picked Haruno Yukino in some point, but just cause she didn't assigned Yukino into role she obviously isn't suited for, doesn't mean she realy rejected her (though her younger daughter might thought otherwise).

Well, she might be all of that, but I would find it quite stupid if she were such onedimensional character.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-06-01 at 15:46.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 15:40   Link #3194
hti2

As a good start to what yukino wants probably that haruno and 8man stopping hurting themselves . Thats what i think is obvious yet foreshadowed by watari. I could be so wrong here
Old 2014-06-01, 15:50   Link #3195
hti2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Mother of all evil, realy? We know that Yukino mother is "scary" person and she picked Haruno Yukino in some point, but just cause she didn't assigned Yukino into role she obviously isn't suited for, doesn't mean she realy rejected her (though her younger daughter might thought otherwise).

Well she might all of that, but I would find it quite stupid if she were such onedimensional character.
Well about mothet of all evil that was a joke but yukino have been rejected by other members of family or something and there is a reason she doesn't get along with her mother haruno said so herself and yukino said to hachiman that it's her sister role to appear in occasions and she is just a subsititute i think the mother is responsible for that . On the other hand we need the early volumes to be translated cuz summaries isn't enough to understand the story well

P. S making someone a subsititute is a from of rejection
Old 2014-06-01, 16:44   Link #3196
Tenzen12

Nope, it's not if choosen one is better than yourself.
Old 2014-06-01, 17:03   Link #3197
hti2

I disagree making someone a substitute is along the line u r good but not good enough . Indeed by far haruno is better than yukino but yukino isn't similar to her sister hachiman and sensi were saying that both of them exceels in different things in the ramen date so in away you r right when u said she forced the assigned on yukino instead of accepting yukino's quality and acknowldeging it not only that but she made her just a subsititute so if she isn't accepting yukino's indifferent and forcing a role on her what does that sound?
Old 2014-06-01, 17:13   Link #3198
Tenzen12

1) It's not about not being good enough for task, but not being as good as alternative.
2) Not picking person based on their flaws is not same as denial of their strong points.
3) Being assigned as substitue means actualy aknowledgement of being able do task in question, so it's opposite of rejection.
Old 2014-06-01, 17:20   Link #3199
hti2

And to make myself clear i'm not attacking the mother i'm sure she has her own reason and something she want to protect and i'm sure she isn't doing that out of ill will probably it's their duty since they r a prestigous family or something but i'm sure deep down she cares about her daughters and wants them to be the best at what they do i'm just trying to get closer to the situation from yukino's view . Well i'm sure i will be wrong at some points
Old 2014-06-01, 17:27   Link #3200
Tenzen12

In that case you might be actualy right. The way you described it might be indeed similiar how Yukino sees it. I can chalange validity of such PoV however I like, but valid or no there are characters who stil will l be hold such.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck