AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 22:51   Link #1
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 (Japan)

Welcome to the official AnimeSuki thread for the 12th annual Anime Saimoe Tournament, one that has become somewhat of a favored pastime for some people here. Nominations for the 2013 tournament is apparently scheduled for the second week of June. More information on the tournament will be added to this post and the supplementary websites as it becomes available.

Anything in strikeout is presently unavailable. Links, info, etc. will be provided when available.

The Anime Saimoe Tournament (Saimoe or AST for short) is a tournament held annually on the 2channel Japanese forums. People all around the world participate in the tournament to vote for the most moe anime character of the past year. (Though if last year was any indication, odds on you'll be blocked out from voting unless you're in Japan.) The tournament page is currently here and a wiki for organizing this year's entries is here, in Japanese only. However, a plethora of information in English can also be found at this site which does live tracking of the tournament as well. For those IRC-savvy, you can try chatting with some of us here: #saimoe @ irc.rizon.net

The rules of how to properly participate in this thread:

Quote:
Animesuki Saimoe 2013 Thread Rules:

Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.

This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.

To be clear:

* Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
* Do not add “VOTE FOR XYZ CHARACTER!!” anywhere in your post even if the intent isn't to purely campaign.

We want intelligent, decent and fun discussions about the weekly Rounds and the subsequent winners & losers.

* No Image campaigning.
Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:

* Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads except those which are related to moe tournaments.
Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).

* No "meta-posting".
Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.

* Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.

* Do not create image only posts.
You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images).
Please use Spoiler tags if you wish to post a non-thumbnailed image
--PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images or using any of the tags.

* Discussions relating to other moe tournaments and contests are prohibited.
There no need for the unnecessary drama, potential flamewars, and the like which discussing other contests would likely devolve into.
To vote for characters, they must first be elected to participate in the tournament.

Character Nomination

Any female characters (including female characters without names, gyroids, and guys who become girls at least once in a series) who have appeared in any anime which has aired, is airing, or will air in Japan between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013; appearances on these dates also make a girl eligible. For OVAs, the release date must be between or on these dates. For films, the premiere date in Japan must fall between or on these dates.

Girls are nominated by the first kana letter of their family name, if it's a Japanese name (foreign names use the first letter of the first name, which will usually be the given name). The letters are grouped in the traditional Japanese way, by grouping letters by the starting letter of the letter row. All starting letters have あ sounds. If you're not familiar with this aspect of the Japanese language, go here or ask about it in this thread.

Nominations are ordered by the first Japanese letter of anime. This also applies to anime with non-Japanese titles. Different letters enter nominations on designated days. In order to nominate this year, you need a code.

Each date and time listed is in JST (Japan Standard Time). To find out how your computer's internal clock compares with JST, here's an international clock.

Saimoe 2013 Schedule: (tentative)

6/9 (Sunday): Series beginning with A, E, I, O, U or V
6/10 (Monday): Series beginning with G, K or Q
6/11 (Tuesday): Series beginning with J, S or Z
6/12 (Wednesday): Series beginning with C, D, N or T
6/13 (Thursday): Series beginning with B, F, H, P or V
6/14 (Friday): Series beginning with L, M, R, W or Y
6/15 (Saturday): Additional entries
6/22 (Saturday): Additional entries
6/29 (Saturday): Additional entries
7/1 (Monday): Additional entries
7/21: 1st Prelim Draw (in 15 mins)
7/22-23: Break
7/24-31: 1st Prelim, Group 1-8
8/1: Break
8/2-9: 1st Prelim, Group 9-16
8/10: Break
8/11: 2nd Prelim Draw
8/12: Break
8/13-16: 2nd Prelim, Group 1-4
8/17: Break
8/18: Main Battle Draw
8/19-22: Break
8/23-25: Group A 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
8/26-28: Group B 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
8/29: Break
8/30-9/1: Group C 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/2-4: Group D 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/5: Break
9/6-8: Group E 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/9-11: Group F 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/12: Break
9/13-15: Group G 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/16-18: Group H 1st Round (1-4-7-10, 2-5-8-11, 3-6-9-12)
9/19: Break
9/20-23 Group A-C 2nd Round (A1-B1-C1, A2-B2-C2, A3-B3-C3, A4-B4-C4)
9/24: Break
9/25-28: Group D-F 2nd Round (D1-E1-F1, D2-E2-F2, D3-E3-F3, D4-E4-F4)
9/29: Group G-H 2nd Round (G1-H1)
9/30: Break
10/1-3: Group G-H 2nd Round (G2-H2, G3-H3, G4-H4)
10/4: Break
10/5-12: 3rd Round (A1-B2, A2-B1, etc.)
10/13: Break
10/14-17: Group Final (A-C, B-D, E-G, F-H)
10/18: Break
10/19: Loser Bracket Draw
10/20-23: Loser Bracket 1st Round
10/24: Break
10/25-28: Loser Bracket 2nd Round
10/29: Break
10/30-11/2: Loser Bracket Final
11/3: Break
11/4: Final Tournament Draw
11/5: Break
11/6-11/13: Round of 16
11/14: Break
11/15-18: Quarterfinal
11/19: Break
11/20-21: Semifinal
11/22: Break
11/23: Final

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2013-07-21 at 09:50. Reason: Nominations update
Old 2013-06-08, 02:09   Link #2
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

It's that time of the year again!

...well, almost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animesaimoe.org
Saimoe 2013 will not commence until the nomination phase opens at the end of June. The tournament proper will start in early August.
Time to slowly make a list of characters I'd like to root for.

I'll try (and most likely fail ) to get more "involved" (read: vote) than last year.

If I'm not mistaken, certain characters from 2011 are once again eligible this year...
Old 2013-06-08, 03:31   Link #3
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oh dear. Is it almost July already?
Old 2013-06-08, 12:53   Link #4
RJ TAYLER

Welcome back SaiMoe fans, old and new. Welcome back girls you are all champions in the making, that is true. Welcome back all past champions and past finalists that are eligible again this year as well. I look forward to how you fare. A special welcome to our returning champion Toki, you set a tough act to follow, but follow we shall. A special mention to Ai Haibara as always I wish you well (at least until Round One, Round Two being your own private Arnhem mostly). So fight the good fight and cheer the hardiest all you folks out there.

Now back to the nervous tension.
Old 2013-06-08, 13:07   Link #5
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Oh hi there again. Didn't watch too many series this year, but I'll keep tabs here for the usual ^^
Old 2013-06-08, 13:23   Link #6
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Guess we'll be seeing Love Live and Idolmaster going against each other most likely, even though I feel like Love Live is the stronger one. Well to be honest I think Love Live is a potential threat to Saki/Madoka along with GaruPan and Tsukiko possibly (well for Tsukiko I see her around Akarin's 2012 Saimoe strength at the weakest). Precure wise I see 4+ cures making it in, due to I feel like Smile will barely lose their strength and Doki Doki seems like they are stronger than Heartcatch and Suite at this point. Can't wait to see how Doki Doki and Smile Precure and Zettai Bouei Leviathan does, of course same goes with the shows/characters I love that are eligible. I knew it MLP would be eligible.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-08 at 13:58.
Old 2013-06-08, 14:40   Link #7
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Guess we'll be seeing Love Live and Idolmaster going against each other most likely, even though I feel like Love Live is the stronger one. Well to be honest I think Love Live is a potential threat to Saki/Madoka along with GaruPan and Tsukiko possibly (well for Tsukiko I see her around Akarin's 2012 Saimoe strength at the weakest). Precure wise I see 4+ cures making it in, due to I feel like Smile will barely lose their strength and Doki Doki seems like they are stronger than Heartcatch and Suite at this point. Can't wait to see how Doki Doki and Smile Precure and Zettai Bouei Leviathan does, of course same goes with the shows/characters I love that are eligible. I knew it MLP would be eligible.
Come on, we all know GuP is this year's Saki...

Madoka? That's so 2011.
Saki? That's so 2012.

Panzer vor!

Lovelive I see them as similar strength to IM last year. Of course, IM is still around if I'm correct.

There's the Kyoani army also, triple the size. Hyouka, Chuunikoi, and Tamako are somewhere in there. Yes, Tamako would go nowhere (They'll be Nichijou strength), but Chitanda and Rikka can beat anyone all day (Including most of the IM/LL girls)

SAO is there also. Asuna is Biribiri strength if not stronger (Mainly due to possible Biribiri hate for her fake vote performance back in 2011).
LB is also in. Anime is not that popular but Key fan is a strong faction.
Henneko, well, if that Korean stealth marketing "scandal" does not exist I would call Tsukiko the winner before anything happen. But since this is 2ch...Same can be said of Sakurasou, although Sakurasou starts off much weaker anyway.

There are other lower tier shows (Nyaruko, Oregairu, Oreshura, even Yuruyuri) that may surprise but not winning anything.

Last edited by ion475; 2013-06-08 at 14:55.
Old 2013-06-08, 15:42   Link #8
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Come on, we all know GuP is this year's Saki...

Madoka? That's so 2011.
Saki? That's so 2012.

Panzer vor!

Lovelive I see them as similar strength to IM last year. Of course, IM is still around if I'm correct.

There's the Kyoani army also, triple the size. Hyouka, Chuunikoi, and Tamako are somewhere in there. Yes, Tamako would go nowhere (They'll be Nichijou strength), but Chitanda and Rikka can beat anyone all day (Including most of the IM/LL girls)

SAO is there also. Asuna is Biribiri strength if not stronger (Mainly due to possible Biribiri hate for her fake vote performance back in 2011).
LB is also in. Anime is not that popular but Key fan is a strong faction.
Henneko, well, if that Korean stealth marketing "scandal" does not exist I would call Tsukiko the winner before anything happen. But since this is 2ch...Same can be said of Sakurasou, although Sakurasou starts off much weaker anyway.

There are other lower tier shows (Nyaruko, Oregairu, Oreshura, even Yuruyuri) that may surprise but not winning anything.
To be honest I always felt like GaruPan is going to be this year's Saki ever since it started airing . Personally I thought Love Live maybe minus Nozomi and Rin would be slightly stronger than IM@S at the weakest and Hokago Tea Time's peak strength at the strongest, maybe it is because of lack of antis from what I saw for Love Live compared to IM@S on 2ch. Henneko wise oops forgot about that Korean scandal thing. Speaking of scandals won't be surprising Kokoro Connect will end up low or very low tier or only have Inaban/Iori making it. Agreed with Asuna and Rikka but I feel like Chitanda might be weakened but not severely. For YuruYuri minus Akarin I think the Akarin faction might be hellbent on what happened last year. Which won't be surprising at all, maybe same goes for the faction that supported Peace. IM@S is still there, thanks to Shiny Festa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Here's hoping the voters have learned their lesson after the very disappointing results of the last two tournaments.

As for shows I'm rooting, while I've been out of the loop this past year, I'd still likely support Hidamari Sketch, Busou Shinki (I've been collecting the figures since late 2010/early 2011), and Tamako Market (those DVD/BD bonus shorts with Choi will definitely increase her moe value).

Also, it will be interesting to see if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is eligible for the tournament this year, since in terms of moe, it's hard to beat Fluttershy.
MLP is eligible.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-08 at 19:07.
Old 2013-06-08, 18:19   Link #9
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Here's hoping the voters have learned their lesson after the very disappointing results of the last two tournaments.

As for shows I'm rooting, while I've been out of the loop this past year, I'd still likely support Hidamari Sketch, Busou Shinki (I've been collecting the figures since late 2010/early 2011), and Tamako Market (those DVD/BD bonus shorts with Choi will definitely increase her moe value).

Also, it will be interesting to see if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is eligible for the tournament this year, since in terms of moe, it's hard to beat Fluttershy.
Old 2013-06-08, 19:12   Link #10
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
To be honest I always felt like GaruPan is going to be this year's Saki ever since it started airing . Personally I thought Love Live maybe minus Nozomi and Rin would be slightly stronger than IM@S at the weakest and Hokago Tea Time's peak strength at the strongest, maybe it is because of lack of antis from what I saw for Love Live compared to IM@S on 2ch. Henneko wise oops forgot about that Korean scandal thing. Speaking of scandals won't be surprising Kokoro Connect will end up low or very low tier or only have Inaban/Iori making it. Agreed with Asuna and Rikka but I feel like Chitanda might be weakened but not severely. For YuruYuri minus Akarin I think the Akarin faction might be hellbent on what happened last year. Which won't be surprising at all, maybe same goes for the faction that supported Peace. IM@S is still there, thanks to Shiny Festa.
I didn't remember Ijime Kokoro Connect either. But even without that "scandal" Inaban would have been the only one that would have gone somewhere anyway.

YRYR will falls off. Season 2 was airing right when AST2012 was going on.

But at least we all agree that GuP will be this year's Saki. Akiyama-dono FTW (Not that she's my favorite, Mako is, but she's by far the most popular)
Old 2013-06-08, 19:35   Link #11
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Updated info on the nomination phase. Turns out it's just begun.

BTW, I need a new image host as Photobucket made a site re-design and got kinda... stupid. It's like they went from being Facebook to MySpace. So I'll need someplace else to host the brackets that won't resize my images on upload.
Old 2013-06-08, 19:58   Link #12
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
I didn't remember Ijime Kokoro Connect either. But even without that "scandal" Inaban would have been the only one that would have gone somewhere anyway.

YRYR will falls off. Season 2 was airing right when AST2012 was going on.

But at least we all agree that GuP will be this year's Saki. Akiyama-dono FTW (Not that she's my favorite, Mako is, but she's by far the most popular)
Strike Witches 2 aired and ended right when AST2010 was going on yet Erica managed to be in the Final 8 of AST2011. Unless that case was MadoMagi faction wanting a easier time. I think it really depends on the strength of the girl. Akarin and maybe Kyouko doesn't seem like the types who'll lose a significant amount strength that fast given that it seems like everyone only cares about those two.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-08 at 20:14.
Old 2013-06-08, 20:21   Link #13
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Strike Witches 2 aired and ended right when AST2010 was going on yet Erica managed to be in the Final 8 of AST2011. Unless that case was MadoMagi faction wanting a easier time. I think it really depends on the strength of the girl. Akarin and maybe Kyouko doesn't seem like the types who'll lose a significant amount strength that fast given that it seems like everyone only cares about those two.
Come on, it's so clear of a snipe attempt by MadoMagi fan that it's not even funny (Mainly b/c my waifu Kanade is on the receiving end)

I mean, that year you also have Rotte beating Biribiri to reach Final 8 (Although Biribiri fake voting is the cause of that one. Damn Biribiri for knocking out two of my favorite in Homuhomu and Victorique on fakes).

P.S. As far as YRYR goes, I just don't see them being as strong as they were compare to last year without an ongoing show.
Old 2013-06-08, 21:02   Link #14
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Come on, it's so clear of a snipe attempt by MadoMagi fan that it's not even funny (Mainly b/c my waifu Kanade is on the receiving end)

I mean, that year you also have Rotte beating Biribiri to reach Final 8 (Although Biribiri fake voting is the cause of that one. Damn Biribiri for knocking out two of my favorite in Homuhomu and Victorique on fakes).
Even though I'm a MadoMagi fan myself, I wasn't pleased with Kanade's elimination by Erica (mainly because I support Kanade too ).

Besides, all Homuhomu fans are getting a second chance this year. Very possible that the other Puella Magi won't be as strong as they used to be, but I don't think Homura's fans will let her be denied early yet again.
Old 2013-06-08, 21:20   Link #15
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:

P.S. As far as YRYR goes, I just don't see them being as strong as they were compare to last year without an ongoing show.
I thought Kanade had fake votes like Biri Biri did but unlike her Tenshi's fakes was less obvious, since I heard that somewhere around AST 2011. Won't be surprising if it was since AB was getting really weak at that point and getting 323 votes all the sudden from 527 at round 1 seemed so off (seems like if the character is not a Puella Magi then it seems like 200-450 was natural for them).So it seems like Tenshi "got sniped (which I highly doubt I don't think the MadoMagis cared unless a Puella magi popped up)" when the fakes got removed. Even if they did it has to be a pretty low amount of them.Plus Erica can go 380ish at maximum power without the help of fakes. At least Homura has a chance at top 8. For the another Magical Girl that's eligible other than Precure and Madoka, hope Nanoha doesn't end up like 2012 Higurashi level given their past performances.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-06-09 at 12:20.
Old 2013-06-08, 23:53   Link #16
Team Rocket Elite

I'm looking forward to seeing how well Homura does she she got robbed in her only main tournament match. She's getting in off a recap movie but I wonder how many voters will vote as if Homura was getting in off new material. It'll also interesting to see if the Misaka scandal was a career ending event. Misaka was probably pretty strong even without the cheating but she may attract a lot of anti-votes now.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:07   Link #17
G.o.S
~desu♥

It's that time of the year once again
Too bad, I don't think the Rozen Maiden dolls will be able to participate this year. If they have to wait until next year, I wonder if the hype will die off quite a bit over such a long time. Still, I am looking forward to saimoe 2013. Last year was lackluster in the voting number department (was it because of a certain show having so many dominant characters?). I think the new comer contestants this year will give the tournament some needed fresh air.
Old 2013-06-09, 23:06   Link #18
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.o.S View Post
Last year was lackluster in the voting number department (was it because of a certain show having so many dominant characters?). I think the new comer contestants this year will give the tournament some needed fresh air.
I think it was mostly due to the lackluster quality of shows in the past year. Excluding Madoka, there hasn't been a God-tier show in what seems like ages.
Old 2013-06-14, 01:02   Link #19
timbits
Harem Lead

Oh boy here we go again.

Once again Japan has take extra care in making sure that Hina's eligible again so she can have her dreams crushed. Someone update that picture (you know which one) while I get out the popcorn.
Old 2013-06-14, 13:40   Link #20
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Oh boy here we go again.

Once again Japan has take extra care in making sure that Hina's eligible again so she can have her dreams crushed. Someone update that picture (you know which one) while I get out the popcorn.
That reminds me that there's a high chance poor Hina (Nagi to an extent) is going be like Shana until she is ineligible.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament