AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-06, 16:08   Link #1721
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

sugar y sew awsm
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
What?? there's a poster that comes with it?? i want to see how it looks like. i'll probably order the CD as well if the music is done by Sano Hiroaki again.
It's first press only, but it's still there on cdjapan. I think it's still there at amazon, too. I just don't know where to get it from if I'm only getting the OST w/poster. ^^;

ISN'T THE POSTER PRETTY?
srsly, best MOVIE 1st poster.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 17:33   Link #1722
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
It's first press only, but it's still there on cdjapan. I think it's still there at amazon, too. I just don't know where to get it from if I'm only getting the OST w/poster. ^^;

ISN'T THE POSTER PRETTY?
srsly, best MOVIE 1st poster.
I've never order from cdjapan, but I used to get my stuff from Amazon, until the day I get really annoyed with the tax + customs charges I had to pay for every single order. Since last year I use Mangaoh and I never had any trouble (nor supplementary charges).

Thanks to you reminding me how nice was the poster, I finally ordered the Movie 1st soundtrack + the ending single + the opening one + ViVid and Force manga + other stuff... Now I just have to wait 'til February I guess y_y'.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:49   Link #1723
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
I've never order from cdjapan, but I used to get my stuff from Amazon, until the day I get really annoyed with the tax + customs charges I had to pay for every single order. Since last year I use Mangaoh and I never had any trouble (nor supplementary charges).
D:

A good friend says Amazon, but the others say cdjapan. Mate that had trouble with Amazon said something about things getting cracked, but she also partially blames being in Malaysia. People for cdjapan said something about EMS raping me? ._.
Quote:
Thanks to you reminding me how nice was the poster, I finally ordered the Movie 1st soundtrack + the ending single + the opening one + ViVid and Force manga + other stuff... Now I just have to wait 'til February I guess y_y'.
(・∀・)イイ

YUKARIN AND NANA. BANZAI, BANZAI, BANZAI!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-01-06, 18:51   Link #1724
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

EMS from CDJapan won't just rape you. It will rape AND kill you.
Old 2010-01-06, 20:13   Link #1725
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Now that's weird... EMS from Mangaoh never hurt me much, it's really reasonable. Wonder why there is so much difference with cdjapan. Do they make their customer pay a mandatory fee? Like customs charges?

Amazon was "correct" until last year , but last February a guy from UPS (while I was raising my cheque for their fracking taxes lol) explained me that everything from Japan was now systematically subject to supplementary charges (+ administrative costs, ofc). From then, I stopped to use them. Maybe this change is only relevant for my country though. Or it depends to who will deliver the pack to you .

Either way LVD, you should be prepared to suffer . But that poster worth it! \o/
Old 2010-01-06, 20:40   Link #1726
uragayduck2

.....are you guys sure that's a poster? from the red katakana, it looks like it's an "original clear file" meaning it's not something that you'd stick up on your wall like a poster. i'm not that into clear files, but the artwork of it is really tempting.

i used to use amazon.jp as well, but like others, i couldn't take anymore of the jacked up shipping cost as well as the other fees. then i ran into yesasia which i was suspicious at first, but i think i can vouch for them since i pretty much got the whole Nanoha StrikerS DVDs from them. they're the real deal too (as in region 2 w/ the ID card bonuses that came with each volume) which reinforced my opinion of them. now i'm starting up my Macross Frontier Blu-ray collection through them. best of all, FREE shipping. can't beat FREE right?
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 20:57   Link #1727
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
.....are you guys sure that's a poster? from the red katakana, it looks like it's an "original clear file" meaning it's not something that you'd stick up on your wall like a poster. i'm not that into clear files, but the artwork of it is really tempting.
There is a poster, definitely : 【特典:ポスター(B2サイズ)】.
Depending from where you get you're copy, it may vary... maybe. There was no specification on the site where I ordered mine, that will be a surprise.
*cross her finger for the poster*

Quote:
best of all, FREE shipping. can't beat FREE right?
For real? @.@' I guess you need to order for a certain sum to get a free shipping, but that's still be great.
Old 2010-01-06, 21:07   Link #1728
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
EMS from CDJapan won't just rape you. It will rape AND kill you.
cdjapan: 3150 + 1500 for EMS, 3150 + 1160 for Registered Air Mail.
amazon.co.jp: 3150 + 2000
amazon.co.jp w/tenso: 3150 + 1690
The only thing that's making me re-think is that I'll actually order more stuff from amazon, so those few points might help me. :B

Remind me to not get sick on Christmas holidays again. :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Either way LVD, you should be prepared to suffer :innocent:. But that poster worth it! \o/
Ergh, everything I've ordered online was through US/CAD companies.... >__<;
Quote:
.....are you guys sure that's a poster? from the red katakana, it looks like it's an "original clear file" meaning it's not something that you'd stick up on your wall like a poster. i'm not that into clear files, but the artwork of it is really tempting.?
I don't think yesasia comes with a poster, unless I'm not reading right again. They should say if you're getting a bonus for first press or not. :/

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-01-06 at 21:52. Reason: oops, read it wrong. 'A'
Old 2010-01-06, 21:42   Link #1729
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
That poster looks really nice, but alas I don't think I would be able to put it up on my wall. Need to save money for other things too orz.
Old 2010-01-07, 23:28   Link #1730
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
That poster looks really nice, but alas I don't think I would be able to put it up on my wall. Need to save money for other things too orz.
It looks nicer than the Lyrical Box stuff to me, so I ended up switching to normal edition to [hopefully] get the tokuten.

.... except since I got the stuff on amazon, I'm also buying MOVIE 1st OP&ED singles, Nanoha PSP game OP single, you & me, DiamondxFever and dreamy maple crown. x)

lol, my mum is more concerned about me buying stuff from Japan than the cost of this stuff. 8D!

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-01-08, 09:13   Link #1731
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
More movie merchandise. Weiss trading cards this time, from the artist of Vivid:

It's amusing to note that while our lovely Vivid artist smacks Yuuno with the 'holy crap he's feminine!' stick, Chrono gets smacked with the 'holy crap he's cool!' stick just as hard.
Holy... damn, I need to get the deck box and extra pack for Weiss Schwarz. I bet the Singaporean Nanoha fans are going crazy now.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 19:14   Link #1732
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Anyone still know when all that merchandise for Weiss Schwarz comes out?
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 21:47   Link #1733
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

One thing stopping me from getting into Weber Schwarz is population. I'm too used to the ubiquity of Magic to accept other card games; few can follow me when I hop from home to Perth and back...

Otherwise, I'm rather interested.
Old 2010-01-08, 22:58   Link #1734
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
So, my e-friend wasn't thinking at all. Can the PSP-3000 accessory be used on a PSP-2001?

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 07:15   Link #1735
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

IIRC, they're more or less the same model, the difference is a slightly better screen.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:30   Link #1736
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
famitsu rate the game.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/d7907e63503700
7/6/6/7 = 26/40
Ouch.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:02   Link #1737
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I hear Famitsu is trash anyways. >_>

Preview of the lyrical box items here: http://wcloudxkumo.wordpress.com/201...tent-previews/
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 00:52   Link #1738
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Wouldn't put much thought into one critic magazine giving A's portable aces a sub par ratings.

I really want a high res. of the NanoFateHayate bath towel images.
Old 2010-01-13, 01:29   Link #1739
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
I hear Famitsu is trash anyways. >_>

Preview of the lyrical box items here: http://wcloudxkumo.wordpress.com/201...tent-previews/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Wouldn't put much thought into one critic magazine giving A's portable aces a sub par ratings.

I really want a high res. of the NanoFateHayate bath towel images.
Be careful of bias, because it may blind you to the issues that Famitsu picked at. I can't say what they are, however, since I lack the ability to read moonrunes.

Bias for the game and series aside, it's kind of difficult to discount the opinion of Japan's most famous video game magazine. Usually, Famitsu is the go-to source for gaming reviews, and for the most part they are pretty accurate and fair with their grading.

At the same time, of course not everyone is going to agree with with them. For example, they rated Super Mario Bro. Wii as a perfect 40, but I just see it as a rehash of Super Mario Bros. 3 with the added bonus as a relationship destroyer (I could spend a day talking about the many ways my friends killed each other in rage, accident, or sabotage).

All that said, the game is ultimately for you to enjoy. Make your own decision, but beware of bias.

Though those Lyrical Box goodies do look pretty snazzy. I'd like to see the art book myself, though the mere thought of dropping the money for the package is making my wallet hide in fear.
Old 2010-01-13, 01:32   Link #1740
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Maybe, but Famitsu still is a reference in the gaming world (even of they're know to have some ratings problem from time to time), like Edge.
It just means it'll be an average game.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote