AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-29, 17:54   Link #441
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I had a hunch that it might given that J-Stars Victory VS got a western release date as well as Project Diva F 2nd but I'm still very glad to see it coming. Day 1 purchase from me (as long as they don't take out the Japanese voice acting. Yes, I'm looking at you Atlus and Persona 4 Ultimax)
Given how tricky it would be to dub this game (what with different studios dubbing the various titles in the game and the fact that some titles don't even have an English dub), I'm sure there won't be an issue of losing the Japanese voice acting.
Old 2015-01-29, 19:22   Link #442
IceHism

The thing is that all the licenses in this game are owned by dengeki bunko unlike a game like SRW which has many companies holding various licenses.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 21:51   Link #443
larethian

Ah cool, now I won't be the only one playing this. My brother-in-law and cousin came to hang out during Christmas and I have to explain every interface command to them. Needless to say, they both used Kirito.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 22:44   Link #444
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
The thing is that all the licenses in this game are owned by dengeki bunko unlike a game like SRW which has many companies holding various licenses.
Usually it doesn't matter who holds the Japanese licenses if the series is licensed in the US. However, that only applies to things with game/merchandise licenses, like DBZ and One Piece would have for J-Stars. I don't think any of the series here are popular enough for that except for SAO, which means they'd only need one English licensor to get on board.

That said, I'll only consider buying this if it gets a physical release. If it does, I'll check real gameplay footage to see if it looks worthwhile (ie: not trailers), and if so, I'll pick it up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 22:53   Link #445
larethian

^ There are quite a lot of tournament video footage on youtube by now. The arcade version in Japan has been around for close to a year.
Old 2015-01-29, 22:57   Link #446
GDB

Yeah, but I'm not buying the arcade version. I'd be getting the PS3 version, and as such I want to see how it runs on that. One would assume the same, but there's no guarantee.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 23:11   Link #447
larethian

I have the PS3 version and I've also checked the delta list. For PvP dueling mode, gameplay mechanics wise, there isn't much difference. The PS3/Vita home version have a few character additions, different theme songs, and is said to provide a better experience overall in story mode and other stuff.
Old 2015-01-29, 23:59   Link #448
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Physical Release & Digital for NA, Digital Only for EU.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 01:14   Link #449
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
No surprise there about releasing DBFC outside of Japan. Now if only SEGA and French Bread would make a sequel not just with more Dengeki Bunko characters, but from Fujimi Shobo or Media Factory!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 03:29   Link #450
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

glad to hear the great news now I will know the story because of the localization.

I main now Shana, man she's awesome to use. Also maining Shizou.
Old 2015-01-31, 08:44   Link #451
larethian

I have this game since it was out but I don't really main anyone since I don't have time to play actively. But Tomoka is my current favorite. I like her steal counter and all her attacks/combos are all so flashy. Kirino's attacks are also pretty flashy. Funny thing is I'm not lolicon and neither RKB nor Oreimo are stuff I like. Another character I like is Rentaro. Kirito is boring but easy to spam combo for newbies. Miyuki is a shit character, at least for me. I just find her unwieldy and extremely hard to use or combo. All the support characters are actually pretty useful in their own way if you pair them up right.
Old 2015-01-31, 09:12   Link #452
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I have this game since it was out but I don't really main anyone since I don't have time to play actively. But Tomoka is my current favorite. I like her steal counter and all her attacks/combos are all so flashy. Kirino's attacks are also pretty flashy. Funny thing is I'm not lolicon and neither RKB nor Oreimo are stuff I like. Another character I like is Rentaro. Kirito is boring but easy to spam combo for newbies. Miyuki is a shit character, at least for me. I just find her unwieldy and extremely hard to use or combo. All the support characters are actually pretty useful in their own way if you pair them up right.
Tomoka is really annoying to fight though very difficult for me to get close once she spams the long range attacks.

Been playing this for quite some time too with my friends and I'm really lagging behind them probably because I still can't do much aerial combos and using the assists since I mostly play 3D fighting games. I mostly use Akira and Rentaro since I feel most comfortable using them despite their relatively short range attacks.
Old 2015-01-31, 10:33   Link #453
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Tomoka is really annoying to fight though very difficult for me to get close once she spams the long range attacks.

Been playing this for quite some time too with my friends and I'm really lagging behind them probably because I still can't do much aerial combos and using the assists since I mostly play 3D fighting games. I mostly use Akira and Rentaro since I feel most comfortable using them despite their relatively short range attacks.
Even for aerial, if you are not looking to master the complex ones, just spam A for the basic chain.

Some of Tomoka's combos are really hard to time. Especially the Mahou pass (qcb + B), it's just so darn fast and difficult to combo into steal accurately. I'm sure with practice, it can be done effortlessly, but no way I'm going to invest time to master this game. I just need to be good enough to beat all my friends and relatives

I saw some really big combos with Rentaro on youtube before but never bothered to learn them.
Mitoko is also pretty badass to fight. I really hate it when people use her EM maneuver to effectively multi-jump and zone. It's like the shitty Akuma air fireball on a whole new level of versatility.
Old 2015-01-31, 17:34   Link #454
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Kirito is boring but easy to spam combo for newbies.
I resent that! -_-

I believe that role fits Shana since she's so newbie and beginner material. She's the Ryu, Ragna, Hyde, and Sol of the game in similar to odd levels.

If someone takes the time to learn my Namesake effectively his playstyle becomes dangerously fast and aggressive than normal. He's quite deep in gameplay if you know the right players who use him or take the time to learn how to.

Take from me a Kirito main obviously
Old 2015-01-31, 19:15   Link #455
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Kirito is weak without his double sword. He's a tough when he has two when I personally used him in the game I always burst for double swords.

Also if Kirino is S rank, all the youtube vids I've seen she gets her ass kicked. Any vids of her kicking ass or dominating?

Also Shizou's counters and grabs are his best arsenal in the game.
Old 2015-01-31, 21:42   Link #456
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Tsk tsk tsk. Oh Kenji my dear friend. I, too, am aware of my Namesakes shortcomings. I am his herald after all. I do main and play the game on a regular basis since I have the Japanese version (for Kanji learning and reading practice).

I'm even contributed to a Kirito wiki based on this fighting game.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Dengeki_Bu..._Climax/Kirito

Care to see?!

The frame data and stuff I didn't write, The introductions, pros, cons, and assists I've written. I need to update the page when I get free time off.
Old 2015-01-31, 23:11   Link #457
Nerroth
NePoi!

Speaking of Kirito (the one in the game): is either he or Asuna able to swap into an alternate VRMMO avatar?

Say, for example, if you wanted to use the revised Spriggan avatar for Kirito, or Asuna's Undine "Berserk Healer" form.
Old 2015-01-31, 23:30   Link #458
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Tsk tsk tsk. Oh Kenji my dear friend. I, too, am aware of my Namesakes shortcomings. I am his herald after all. I do main and play the game on a regular basis since I have the Japanese version (for Kanji learning and reading practice).

I'm even contributed to a Kirito wiki based on this fighting game.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Dengeki_Bu..._Climax/Kirito

Care to see?!

The frame data and stuff I didn't write, The introductions, pros, cons, and assists I've written. I need to update the page when I get free time off.
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Too bad there is no local arcade that has this game and I don't feel motivated to train.
Old 2015-02-01, 00:00   Link #459
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Even for aerial, if you are not looking to master the complex ones, just spam A for the basic chain.
Eh? the auto combo can be done in midair too? I didn't know about that
speaking of mid-air and Miyuki being difficult to play that you mentioned earlier, it seems she's more of aerial character? at least that's the impression I got from this combo video from Dengeki:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Speaking of Kirito (the one in the game): is either he or Asuna able to swap into an alternate VRMMO avatar?

Say, for example, if you wanted to use the revised Spriggan avatar for Kirito, or Asuna's Undine "Berserk Healer" form.
As far as I know, they can't. The characters only have 1 sprite model, although several color palettes do resemble their other avatars or other characters. For example, Asuna's color 11 and 12 refer to the Undine form and Kirito respectively, but the base model is still her SAO avatar.

Last edited by Ryonea; 2015-02-01 at 00:15.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 00:54   Link #460
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Too bad there is no local arcade that has this game
That is the unfortunate reality for most fighting games outside of Japan

Arcades are more or less dead, and with public transportation being worse and/or people being more spread out, it's harder to gather people interested enough to maintain a scene.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, ps vita, ps3