AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2018-11-12, 22:31   Link #4181
DQueenie13

Nothing aside from the mobile game having new events and new alts.

Been checking Yen Press' site to see if they'll announce volume 1-9's digital releases, but so far, nothing.
Old 2018-11-17, 09:32   Link #4182
DQueenie13

Well, as it turns out, I do have an update. It's not a very good one, though: Yen Press removed their listings for digital copies of volumes 10 and 11, which very likely means we're staying in physical-copies-only hell unless they decide to sike us.
Old 2018-11-17, 10:26   Link #4183
tsunade666

Eh.... no more digital copies? it takes month for delivery of physical books on my country. I loved to collect books of my favorite series but I also sometimes prefer, to just go digital if I want it fast.
Old 2018-11-17, 20:55   Link #4184
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Well, as it turns out, I do have an update. It's not a very good one, though: Yen Press removed their listings for digital copies of volumes 10 and 11, which very likely means we're staying in physical-copies-only hell unless they decide to sike us.
Did whatever deal they have for that fall through or something?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 23:32   Link #4185
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Did whatever deal they have for that fall through or something?
All I can offer is speculation, but it seemed like a very tentative thing from the start. None of Yen Press' digital suppliers ever listed Log Horizon on their list of upcoming light novels even though Yen Press listed release dates on their website. At first I wrote this off as an oddity with new series (a few of their other new, upcoming titles also didn't get listed on places like BookWalker), but it seemed more like the ebooks weren't coming to fruition as December kept creeping closer and there was no word on volumes 1-9. (And then it completely fell through. Disappointed, but not surprised.)

Best case scenario: Yen Press decided it didn't want to spend the resources to convert a relatively old title with a shaky release schedule (volume 12, where art thou?) into ebooks, when they could be spending it on their new releases with sparkly new anime and merch.

Better(?) case scenario: Back when Mamare's scandal happened, apparently Kadokawa suspended licensing activities for LH volumes (as mentioned by the Polish publisher - re: their announcement when the legal issues supposedly were resolved)... though Yen Press quite obviously didn't abide by that. Maybe Kadokawa wasn't very pleased and refused to allow digital publications? Yes, I'm grasping at straws to avoid considering the worst-case scenario

Worst case scenario: Something bad happened on the Japanese side of publications (again) and Yen Press wasn't able to/didn't want to work something out.
Old 2018-11-18, 00:53   Link #4186
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The thing is though it wouldn't take much time at all to convert all the volumes to e-books. The hardest thing; the translated text, is already there in digital format. Same with all the images.

Even if they have to assemble the e-books from scratch, it won't take more than ~15 minutes per book.

Most likely what had happened is the 2nd scenario that you've mentioned, that something happened with the licensing negotiations and they had to cancel/suspend the digital release. The digital listings of vol 10 and 11 weren't just listed on Yen Press' upcoming digital release section, but also they had e-book pages set up for them and there was entries for a digital release on Hachettebookgroup.
Old 2018-11-29, 07:30   Link #4187
tuckersister

I’m hoping that Shiroe and Akatsuki will become a couple towards the end of the series.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 09:22   Link #4188
Sacredus

You will get that for sure. But for me Krusty and Rayneshia are best couple.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-21, 22:19   Link #4189
DQueenie13

Huh. Yen Press has been waffling a lot with Log Horizon in the past few months. First it was removing their two digital listings for the light novels, now they've pushed back volume 11's release date by a week (from Jan. 22 to Jan. 29) on their official page. None of the retailers (Amazon, B&N, etc.) have made such a change, though, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Old 2018-12-22, 04:45   Link #4190
tuckersister

Are things moving forward? I really hope the WN is making progress.
Old 2018-12-22, 06:16   Link #4191
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Huh. Yen Press has been waffling a lot with Log Horizon in the past few months. First it was removing their two digital listings for the light novels, now they've pushed back volume 11's release date by a week (from Jan. 22 to Jan. 29) on their official page. None of the retailers (Amazon, B&N, etc.) have made such a change, though, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Yen pushes titles back a week or two constantly. Recently half the December light novels were pushed from the 11th to the 18th. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 12:45   Link #4192
tuckersister

How many players know that Shiroe/Akatsuki are a thing?
Old 2019-01-30, 15:27   Link #4193
DQueenie13

Volume 11 has been officially been released in English as of yesterday, though it seems some people have gotten their hands on the volume early. I myself won't be getting it until I make it to a brick-and-mortar store at some point. (Hopefully they'll have it in stock, otherwise I'll have to have it shipped there...)

Though it probably doesn't bear repeating here, as a reminder since I've seen it asked elsewhere, vol11 picks up where vol9 ended. It ends at the same point as vol10 and is supposedly going to be continued in vol15... whenever that happens.

No web novel updates since last March, and no news on volume 12's status. Someone asked the official LH twitter account how Mamare's doing, but it seems like that went ignored. (Sometimes, if "Elissa" has an okay from whoever up top, she'll respond to tweets like those.)
Old 2019-01-31, 22:29   Link #4194
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Someone asked the official LH twitter account how Mamare's doing, but it seems like that went ignored. (Sometimes, if "Elissa" has an okay from whoever up top, she'll respond to tweets like those.)
This is quite curious from a PR POV, since the usual reply would be something like "He's doing fine, thank you for your concern!" and the sort. I hope all is well with him

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 13:15   Link #4195
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
This is quite curious from a PR POV, since the usual reply would be something like "He's doing fine, thank you for your concern!" and the sort. I hope all is well with him
Most likely, whoever is running the account didn't notice the tweet.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 07:19   Link #4196
tuckersister

How many adventurers killed Geniuses so far?
Old 2019-05-13, 02:11   Link #4197
TwistedSami

Does anyone have an update? ☹️
TwistedSami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 11:45   Link #4198
tuckersister

Which character is good at “read the situation”?
Old 2019-05-16, 09:04   Link #4199
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSami View Post
Does anyone have an update? ☹️
There's been nothing aside from the usual official twitter weekly/birthday tweets and the mobile game stuff. Hara's posted some personal art for Tetora and William, putting them in alternate outfits which fans got to vote on, but from experience it is not a very good indicator of LH's progress status. He draws what he wants to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Which character is good at “read the situation”?
In Akiba, probably Shiroe and Krusty are the best at it. Probably all the Round Table guild masters have a pretty good handle on it, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are now.
Old 2019-05-30, 06:16   Link #4200
tuckersister

Who are official couples in the WN?

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers