AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-09-14, 16:30   Link #81
MartAnimE
willingness to die

How do I make screen captures using Winamp?

How do I make screen captures using Winamp? I wanna save an image in jpg format from a video I'm watching, I must stop the video at the image I want and then I must hit some keys at the same time, right? Someone once told me how to do it but I guess I forgot I just can't find this on the winamp tutorial.
Please, anyone, would you be so kind to help me with this silly problem?
MartAnimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 17:55   Link #82
Grona
Big Damit!

From personal experence I dont think you can from wimamp. A long time ago I got a program called BSplayer, it can take screens from anything you can get to play in it.
The webside is http://www.bsplayer.org/

Its my default player now, although winamp still is my mp3 player of choice
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 21:02   Link #83
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
From personal experence I dont think you can from wimamp. A long time ago I got a program called BSplayer, it can take screens from anything you can get to play in it.
The webside is http://www.bsplayer.org/

Its my default player now, although winamp still is my mp3 player of choice
Thank you so much for your response! That's all I needed to know!
Old 2004-09-29, 22:20   Link #84
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Screencaps from DVD?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, or if it's listed in some sticky somewhere. A quick glance suggests otherwise, but then I May Be Blind.

Does anyone know of a good way of getting screencaps from DVDs? I don't know if VirtualDub works for DVDs, and if it does, I don't know where the option to load the DVD is.

WinDVD isn't very useful, since mine skips horribly when playing any DVD, no matter what I tried. (If anyone knows why, I'd like to know as well.) (InterVideo WinDVD 4, if anyone was wondering.)

If anyone can point me to some utilities, preferably freeware (although I'll take reasonably-priced downloadable applications in a pinch), I'd be grateful. The more idiot-proof, the better.

Incidentally, I use VideoLAN (as linked in the Media Configuration Guide in the Playback Help forum) for watching DVDs, since WMP irritates me. If there's some option in there, I'd be interested.

Thank you.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 23:17   Link #85
flammie
White Dragon

Generally I use windvd capture, otherwise I capture using media player classic.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 23:32   Link #86
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
I don't know if VirtualDub works for DVDs, and if it does, I don't know where the option to load the DVD is.
It's not possible to open DVDs directly with VirtualDub; however, you can frameserve using DVD2AVI.

There's a guide on how to do that right here.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 00:08   Link #87
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
It's not possible to open DVDs directly with VirtualDub; however, you can frameserve using DVD2AVI.

There's a guide on how to do that right here.
Seems like a lot of trouble just to get a single screencap, sometimes.

I suppose that if there are no other alternatives, I'll just settle for this. Thanks, anyway.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flammie
Generally I use windvd capture, otherwise I capture using media player classic.
You can do this? May I know how? (I didn't even know Media Player Classic could read DVDs... haven't used it for a very long time.)
Old 2004-09-30, 00:16   Link #88
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
You can do this? May I know how? (I didn't even know Media Player Classic could read DVDs... haven't used it for a very long time.)
Open Media Player Classic.

Select "Open DVD" from the File menu.

Press F5 to take screenshots. It automatically saves the image to the desktop.

If you want to open a VIDEO_TS folder other than one on a physical DVD, you can change the path. It's in View > Options > Playback > DVD/OGM > User defined path:.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 13:39   Link #89
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
Open Media Player Classic.

Select "Open DVD" from the File menu.

Press F5 to take screenshots. It automatically saves the image to the desktop.

If you want to open a VIDEO_TS folder other than one on a physical DVD, you can change the path. It's in View > Options > Playback > DVD/OGM > User defined path:.
After getting the latest MPC, it works very well.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 2004-09-30, 13:48   Link #90
Grona
Big Damit!

As in BSplayer for normal files, PowerDVD has the screencap option bult right in. Just press a key and your done
Grona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:27   Link #91
r1cE

Screenshots

Hey im wondering how do i take screenshots while the anime is playing, can i get any help??
r1cE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-16, 19:48   Link #92
MartAnimE
willingness to die

If you mean screenshots from video files on your computer you can do it with a program called BSplayer, you can easily download it at BSplayer's main site or at www.download.com. If you're talking about dvd screenshots I have no idea how to do it...
Also I guess this question doesn't belong on the "General Anime" thread but rather on the "Tech Support" Thread...
Old 2004-10-21, 15:51   Link #93
ForceFreedom

Screen-cap ability fux0r3d

Just today I tried to do the ol' Print-Screen -> Paste into paint routine to get a screen shot, and it came up as a black screen. I havent installed or changed anything that might affect it, and my wallpaper is also a black screen until I right-click and refresh my desktop.
wtf is going on?

For reference, I'm using WMP9 and was trying to screen cap from an .avi
ForceFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 16:03   Link #94
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Well your problem is you cant use print screen in wmp9 cause of overlay. hit ctrl + i to take a screenshot should save it in the my pictures folder.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 21:47   Link #95
pr0ject_2501
Shadow Star

Send a message via AIM to pr0ject_2501 Send a message via Yahoo to pr0ject_2501
ScreenShot of Anime?

how do i take a screenshot of some type of video file?
pr0ject_2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 22:36   Link #96
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Most players have screen capture apps. Try VLC, Zoom or BSPlayer. Zoom tends to be able to capture all types of playable videos better - more chances of a good capture (non-black screen captures).

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2004-10-22 at 00:43.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 01:05   Link #97
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The two best applications for taking screenshots are BSPlayer and VirtualDub.

BSPlayer is great for taking multiple shots at a time because it will automatically name and increment your screenshots as you like them. Every time you press 'p' it takes a shot. My capture name file format is %F +%T,%A0. I find it much superior to the default since it records the video name and the time in the video that the screenshot was taken.

On the other hand VirtualDub has the advantage that you can go frame-by-frame until you find the perfect screenshot. If it is only there for a frame or two this is the best way. It's a little bit more complicated to use, but cest la vie.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 14:25   Link #98
theanimedude

Send a message via AIM to theanimedude Send a message via Yahoo to theanimedude
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject_2501
how do i take a screenshot of some type of video file?

easiest most noodie way to do this is just play it with windows media player, and when the right moment comes up, quickly push ctrl+I and that will screen capture it and put it into ur pictures doc. i think it''s ctrl I.....one of those letters in that spot!
theanimedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 00:21   Link #99
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The two best applications for taking screenshots are BSPlayer and VirtualDub.

BSPlayer is great for taking multiple shots at a time because it will automatically name and increment your screenshots as you like them. Every time you press 'p' it takes a shot. My capture name file format is %F +%T,%A0. I find it much superior to the default since it records the video name and the time in the video that the screenshot was taken.

On the other hand VirtualDub has the advantage that you can go frame-by-frame until you find the perfect screenshot. If it is only there for a frame or two this is the best way. It's a little bit more complicated to use, but cest la vie.
Question regarding bsplayer. I was wondering what video card you have. When I do a capture in bsplayer, I get black screen captures sometimes. I'm wondering if it's my video card or bsplayer. I have no problem doing this in zoomplayer.

BTW, zoom allows you to do frame by frame capture. (pause then advance frame by frame and do capture).

I want to go back to BSplayer since Zoom has major issues with Intel HT technology.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 00:34   Link #100
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Interesting. Maybe I'll have to try out Zoom for screenshots and say goodbye to BSPlayer. (Since I only use it for screenshots.) My video card is nothing special: Rage 128 Pro Ultra GL AGP.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screenshot, wiki candidate