AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 08:48   Link #6361
Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Actually, we don't know that Saten won't be a clone. it also could be possible that clones of the Second are the only ones with stigmata.
When I said that Saten was unlikely to be a clone I wasn't talking about stigmata, I was talking about the PF Zero blast thing that happened. It didn't happen between Blade and Saten when they knocked heads so I just said it made it unlikely he was a clone.

Note: I said unlikely (still very small chance it might happen)
Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 11:24   Link #6362
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Personally, I don't really care for the anime (not saying that it's bad) but it's just that the anime was cut too short. They could've gotten a bit farther with more jokes and stoyline but they went Gecko ending.
I agree, since it was disporting that it was only 24 epis. I would have to love see the bloody rain arc in the anime.
Old 2011-02-03, 13:39   Link #6363
Ynot

^I would have loved to see the "Bloody rain arc" animated too. If only because of Mongritt and Ingritt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
When I said that Saten was unlikely to be a clone I wasn't talking about stigmata, I was talking about the PF Zero blast thing that happened. It didn't happen between Blade and Saten when they knocked heads so I just said it made it unlikely he was a clone.

Note: I said unlikely (still very small chance it might happen)
I'm still hopeful the bandage on Saten's forehead hides a broken byakugou or a scar of where one would have been, because I think it would make an awesome plot twist.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 17:16   Link #6364
neko mata
psychonaut in training

^
you forget Kanna might one of the reasons to, since her second outfit she had on was pretty bad also.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:07   Link #6365
shadowii

I heard needless anime's been dubbed
'did they get any of the voices right?
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 19:03   Link #6366
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
I heard needless anime's been dubbed
'did they get any of the voices right?
Don't known, since they haven't post any videos of the dub yet. But, here is a list of all the dub voice actors they are using.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10709

And omg the person who did cruz voice is the same person who did Trish for the DMC anime, and Futaba Aasu form puni puni poemy!
The guy who play uten is also Chrono from Chrono crusade, and Son Goku form saiyuki,

Last edited by neko mata; 2011-02-03 at 19:51.
neko mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:39   Link #6367
Avvesione

I'll give the dub a chance but I usually never watch dubbed anime (change my DVD to Japanese and subtitles). I'll dump it if they change "Yamada" to something Americanized like "Joe".

I'll also dump the show if they don't get Kuchinashi's voice right.
Old 2011-02-03, 22:49   Link #6368
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I'll give the dub a chance but I usually never watch dubbed anime (change my DVD to Japanese and subtitles). I'll dump it if they change "Yamada" to something Americanized like "Joe".

I'll also dump the show if they don't get Kuchinashi's voice right.
When was the last time a *respectable* licensing company americanized names like that? And I don't mean like playing around with the pronunciation of a name that originally had 2 or 3 'r's in it, but a full on change? I've been buying DVD's of licensed anime since 1997 and the last time I saw that was...like...never--only on television, and that was mostly 4Kids anyway.

I wouldn't really worry about name changes. I think its a largely basis fear fans have nowadays; I mean, if stuff was coming out 15 years ago with names like Shinji, Asuka, Akane, etc, and if an English VA can bother to say "Amakekeru Ryu no Hirameki" multiple times in a single episode, I don't think something like "Yamada" will pose problems.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 12:35   Link #6369
Sekirei07

Huh, many of the characters names ARE Americanish lol

Adam Blade... Eve....

How much more American can you get?
Old 2011-02-07, 04:28   Link #6370
Avvesione

Well, I'll give the anime a shot when it's released. And now back to the manga.

---

One of the unexpected things that happened in this arc was the return of Kafka. Aside from being used in a few gags during the Third Shelter, I wasn't expecting to see him again. I began wondering if we'd ever see Uten or Kurumi again when I remembered something about all three of them. Saten collected blood samples of each.

Saten was shown each time taking a blood sample of Uten and freezing Kurumi's body to preserve it, so I'm sure we'll be seeing something related to them in the future. Maybe not in the form of clones of these characters but, at the very least, their fragments. It'd love to see someone using Bremuda Asport or Black Attraction (especially if it's someone like Saten or Ishiyama using Black Attraction lol) in battle again. Those were really unique fragments that could cause trouble again in the future.

Then again, the blood sample and body persevation are reminiscent of the Needless Hunt, although it's strange that Saten is the only one interested in their tissue. I wonder when we'll get back to the Needless Hunt since it's been 6 years since it was last mentioned XD
Old 2011-02-08, 11:16   Link #6371
neko mata
psychonaut in training

^
Well, I think that Simeon or somebody ales might mentions the needless hunt again in the next few arks. Since, Simeon/ 666 is looking for needless with stigmata now, so why not mention the needless hunt again.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:24   Link #6372
Needles

Ah, I always assumed that the Needless Hunt was just so Arclight could become the Second or God (by absorbing that big giant ball of Needless goo). Now that you mention it, Neko Mata, searching for Stigmata sounds more appropriate

....Maybe that's another reason why Simeon is so obsessed with the rebels, since most of the rebels are Needless, too? (So, they're hoping one of them might have Stigmata)
Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 15:39   Link #6373
Ynot

My thoughts on the Needless hunt and Saten's blood collection etc.

At the beginning, when Blade, Gido and Eve are talking about the Needless hunt in chapter 3 you can see pictures(photographs) of the victims. They all lack a piece of their body, just like the victims in chapter one of volume zero. Madam Black concludes Adam C. must have been collecting DNA from the victims. Actually I think there's a translation mistake in chapter 3. The translation says "they've been finding a huge number of corpses and missing body parts" but I think it should be something like" There's talk about a lot of corpses which are missing body parts"
Spoiler for needless:

Chapter 9, Arclight tells Riru his body won't last long and she should speed up the Needless hunt . Later on in the same chapter when Saten tells Arclight Blade looks strikingly similar to Arclight, Arclight decides he's going "to have the surgery". Saten says they should get the priests body below the neck without harming it.

A needless hunt would be pretty useless if you rip off large parts of the Needless to check compatibility with Arclights body, because they'd be dead already before surgery. So my guess is the needless hunt, Adam C's murdering spree and Saten's sample collection are the same thing, a hunt for DNA. You don't just go and rip pieces out of your comrades for their DNA. With your enemies however, that's not much of a problem. When freezing Kurumi, I think Saten said her genes were still useful.

Now, whether Arclight is aware of what Saten is doing or not is something I'm still not sure of. Arclight could have told everyone to give him a blood sample right from the start if it were that important.

The end goal is, according to Adam C, to create a perfect Needless. I think the 666 committee wants a perfect Needless to create powerful clone soldiers(and perhaps upgrade their own powers) and I think Arclight wants to create a body that way compatible with his own for transplantation. That's also why I think the Needless hunt apparently wasn't given a great deal of attention by Arclight after he discovered Blade.

Well, at least that's my theory.

Last edited by Ynot; 2011-02-09 at 18:15.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 15:53   Link #6374
Soji

Avvesione you're right the Needless hunt seems to have lost its importance, despite initially appeared to be one of the most important things in Needless.
I am sure it will reappear soon, probably within the next arc. After all the stigmata Needless seem to have taken a great importance in the needless story especially after what Saten said about those stigmata brands ... so I see no better time to the Needless hunt to reappear.
Not to mention that we know for sure that the Needless hunt will continue two years after the events we are reading.
Anyway for now I'm more interested in seeing the next chapter that will be out in 10 days more or less.
I am sure that another plot twist will happen so I am very curious to see the next chapter.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-02-09 at 18:48.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 17:28   Link #6375
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

lol im still waiting for the last chapter to be scanlated
Old 2011-02-09, 21:48   Link #6376
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Anime Network has the first episode dubbed on their website

As someone who actually has liked a number of dubs out there I have to say:
Old 2011-02-10, 00:05   Link #6377
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

so the dub sucks
Old 2011-02-10, 00:57   Link #6378
Avvesione

^
Yeah, the dub isn't very good, but I wasn't expecting much to begin with. They kept Yamada in, which makes me happy.

I am kinda curious to hear what the ecchi episodes are like (Goldilocks and Killer Girls). I always like listening to dubbed ecchi scenes since they're quite a bit funnier in English than Japanese.
Old 2011-02-10, 01:11   Link #6379
neko mata
psychonaut in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
so the dub sucks
It does..............
Old 2011-02-10, 02:06   Link #6380
Avvesione

Oh well, back to the manga!

---

I always thought the Needless Hunt was a two-folded operation. First, it was used to intimidate all other Needless in the Blackspot to teach them not to mess with Simeon or they'd end up as a mutilated corpse. Secondly and this one is the more important one, is that Triple Six hired Simeon to do the Needless Hunt for them.

In Volume 1 (142-145) or Chapter 5 (middle), there's the conversation between Arclight and Ishiyama. From what it sounds like, Simeon is the only place where they can carry out the "canning" of Needless body parts but it sounds like Arclight isn't too interested in the whole process, which is why its behind schedule. Ishiyama only came out to Arclight to see if it was finished. It's also interesting to note that Arclight seems to be a little timid around Ishiyama. Because of those little tidbits of information, I see the true purpose of the Needless Hunt something that Triple Six is interested in. That would also explain why Saten was interested in the blood samples and not trying to hide it from everyone. After all, he did ask Setsuna to take Kurumi's body away, so it's something most of Simeon is aware of.

Now why would Triple Six want various body parts of Needlesses? Well, for one, I mentioned that they could make clones from the tissue samples they collect to 'retrieve' their fragments. But then what's the point of killing someone only to make a clone of them? I mean, Triple Six is already so advanced in their technology that they've created the two powerful Needless in Blackspot. Mind you, that they can't control them. So what would Triple Six's next plan be?

I'm going to guess that they've perfected the technology of injecting new fragments, not just Eden Cells, into living people. The Adam Project was able to inject Eden Cells into Ishiyama and have him survive. What's not to say they can't do that multiple times? After all, you look at Ishiyama and it seems he has more to him than his Memory Guard would suggest. He was able to vanish and stand perfectly fine upside-down on the ceiling and walk down the walls (certainly some directional fragment at work?). He was also able to effortlessly defeat Mio in a melee battle (and we know she's a skilled fighter). I don't really see how Memory Guard would have helped in either case. What's more is that Saten seems to have multiple fragments, too (and this is where things get controversial).

We all know about Saten's Fourth Wave, Fifth Wave, and Stigmata. However, there's been other times where he's been able to do things that seem like they're out of his character. When looking back at when Saten saved Setsuna from Blade, Blade's very first reaction was Saten's incredible speed. You'd think after fighting someone with a Speed fragment and having it yourself, you shouldn't be surprised at someone else's speed, as everyone else should be slow. The fact that it was the first thing Blade mentioned seems to indicate Saten has some sort of Speed boost. After all, Setsuna got pretty bloodied in that fight, so finding a blood sample wouldn't be hard. Secondly, at the end of the whole Uten-Teruyama fights, Saten is holding the vial of Uten's blood on top of a building. After a few comments to himself, he just up and disappears. Not only that but the building he was on also disappeared. Cruz notices the missing building but no one seems to care. I'm thinking Saten may have already obtained Uten's fragment and been able to use Bremuda Asport himself. Being a Stigmata, he should be able to use the fragment better than Uten and even be able to turn himself invisible. After all, he and the building simply vanish. It wasn't like he Fourth Waved the building because that would've made a lot of noise and given away his position.

Lastly, you're probably wondering how Saten would be able to use blood so quickly to obtain fragments. I'm guessing there might be something under his skin on his forehead or neck that has a Byakugou-like structure that can "memorize" fragments through blood. That might also explain the 'Adam-like' appearance Saten has.

---

Anyway, enough random theories for tonight. I'll be impressed if anyone actually reads that novel I wrote but I guess it's a little easier to write these behemoths of posts now that I've started a blog lol. Hopefully most of that made sense but I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen