AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-23, 16:33   Link #441
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Wise no i dont think so.. intervening in fights that isn't his isnt wise at all. Creating more enemies unnecessary is unsound maneuver.
Why people keep say it was unnecessary when he have to?
( so it's ok if all orb fleet been destroy but not some of zaft solder)

Quote:
When you have grunt suits flying in a predictable manner even sharpshooters can hit a target while moving. (ive seen this happen in rl) So i expect no less an electronic device that can surpass a human can do quite easily.
Why people keep saying that he use auto-targeting? was it been confirm?

Quote:
Intended or not, causing destruction to zaft will inevitably cause a hunt to bring down the offender. Doesnt matter the reason behind one actions once you have committed an act of aggression do expect to be considered an enemy.
That I agree with, try to killed lacus and you are dead ( idiot zaft...kira was ready to go to planet before they decide to to try to killed lacus)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 17:41   Link #442
winter45

@gundamx

It wasnt necessary for kira to be involved in fights that was exclusive to zaft and ea. Getting into fights with other nations will eventually come back and bite you which was evident in the show.

Target tracking is shown when kira is going into seed mode and you see a scope infront of his controls showing yellow dots which is a reference to target being tracked then split second later those yellow dots are lighted up meaning targets are now locked. Fuss this represents very similar technology that current military uses in the real world.

But if your looking for confirmation from main sources ie fukuda. Then no there isnt any to my knowledge.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 05:40   Link #443
Gundamx

Quote:
It wasnt necessary for kira to be involved in fights that was exclusive to zaft and ea. Getting into fights with other nations will eventually come back and bite you which was evident in the show.
The problem was that he have 2 choose:
1- do nothing and ea(orb army) get destroyed
2- do something even if it is useless ( try to stop the fight even if it was impossible since at that time orb political have almost zero interesting to listening to cagali )
( As arthur said it was stupid but just because it's stupid doesn't mean you shouldn't try to do anything and just watch your entire army getting destroyed)

Quote:
Target tracking is shown when kira is going into seed mode and you see a scope infront of his controls showing yellow dots which is a reference to target being tracked then split second later those yellow dots are lighted up meaning targets are now locked. Fuss this represents very similar technology that current military uses in the real world.

But if your looking for confirmation from main sources ie fukuda. Then no there isnt any to my knowledge.
I always though that he was doing it manually..... after all that was one of main reason why not every one can use freedom system... ( That what I though ).
Old 2011-12-24, 06:08   Link #444
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I always though that he was doing it manually..... after all that was one of main reason why not every one can use freedom system... ( That what I though ).
Nothing was ever said on how hard it is to pilot the Freedom or use its targeting system. The only thing that made the Freedom special from an it-should-not-be-given-to-just-anybody-to-pilot point of view is that it has an NJC. If the Freedom fell into the wrong hands, the NJC technology could be stolen by the enemy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 07:33   Link #445
winter45

@gundamx

1 Kira already doing a good job by neutralizing orb units anyways, so no need EA or zaft for that.
2 Consider kira has attacked orb units, what do you think the ORB/alliance is going classify AA? friendly unit? dont think so.

But ill propose an option 3, Instead of running around causing mayhem from the start, Calgalli should of returned back to orb when her nation is becomming out of hand by its current leadership. The pen is mightier than the sword. Which is actually as you put it DOING SOMETHING.

Now arguing how effective she would of been if she did return to orb is a different question. She still is a high profile politician so she will have influence if she does wish to exercise it. Cagalli needed strength lays in the political arena that is where she should be fighting, not at the frontlines regardless of her mental state.

Last edited by winter45; 2011-12-24 at 08:06.
Old 2011-12-24, 09:21   Link #446
Gundamx

Quote:
1 Kira already doing a good job by neutralizing orb units anyways, so no need EA or zaft for that.
2 Consider kira has attacked orb units, what do you think the ORB/alliance is going classify AA? friendly unit? dont think so
Simple. Caglli said stop ( she is the leader of orb )

3- Out of question, If Cagalli return ( or if Kira didn't kidnap her in her wedding ) than she will become nothing but political puppet.
which mean she will end up doing nothing while seeing Yuna/Blue cosmos destroy every thing her father built and no Caglli at that time will not even able to say let alone do a thing to them

(she didn't even able to refuse the weeding or even ask help from Kira and co.)
Old 2011-12-24, 10:48   Link #447
winter45

@Gundamx

Yes she did, but given her current affiliation with AA she can be legally presumable gone rogue against the state which means she and AA may be fired upon. Which was the case.

Remember yuna gave the order to fire which if was an illegal order his subordinates may dispute or rightfully disobey.

Now your presuming that cagalli will be submissive if she returns. Given her fiery determination when she did retake orb late in the serie, i doubt she will go back without some form of forceful action if she did return to orb at a much earlier stage.

But of course if she did take my option 3 the show would be considered less exciting.

We have now have gone offtopic so i would suggest if you wish to continue we do in an appropriate thread.
Old 2011-12-24, 18:52   Link #448
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Remember yuna gave the order to fire which if was an illegal order his subordinates may dispute or rightfully disobey.
Of course, Yuna also had to publicly question Cagalli's identity so that his subordinates would be more likely to comply.
Old 2011-12-25, 01:33   Link #449
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

That was just an example of bad writing. She could've easily opened up a video com line instead of just audio, and Yuna would not have been able to discredit her as being a fake.
Old 2011-12-25, 02:40   Link #450
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
That was just an example of bad writing. She could've easily opened up a video com line instead of just audio, and Yuna would not have been able to discredit her as being a fake.
I can't recall whether the Strike Rouge and the Takemikazuchi could've communicated via video.