AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-03, 20:40   Link #141
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Just because you get sick on cars doesn't mean you get sick while swimming or on boats. Just fyi.
But he was on a beach earlier with a cloth on his head. A beach ball costs like $5 at most. Not worth it imo.
Old 2012-03-03, 20:50   Link #142
inisipis

Quote:
Just because you get sick on cars doesn't mean you get sick while swimming or on boats. Just fyi.
True true, but after just being whacked by a soft plastic inflatable ball leaves him reeling in the beach with a towel on his face, I wouldn't bet my money on him winning any swim race.

My point is, can't he even get a sense of the danger he's putting himself through or even having some common sense. He could ask for sporty Naoya for a little assist, but even he looks scared at the situation.
Old 2012-03-03, 21:24   Link #143
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
As I said, disregard the curse and all that and pretend he's just an ordinary guy. For someone who gets sick in cars, he didn't consider for a second his personal safety whatsoever in such a dangerous situation. Just look at that picture, doesn't it look foreboding and look how far that ball is. I guess the alarming screams of his friends just flew over his head before it itself flew.
People IRL do stupid shit like that all the time. I don't see why this of all things should be something to get so hung up on.
Old 2012-03-03, 23:55   Link #144
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
True true, but after just being whacked by a soft plastic inflatable ball leaves him reeling in the beach with a towel on his face, I wouldn't bet my money on him winning any swim race.
Have you ever been hit by a fully inflated beach ball? When they're completely full, they're not soft. They have no room to 'squish' due to the air pressure, and are more like basketballs.
Old 2012-03-04, 10:21   Link #145
inisipis

Quote:
Have you ever been hit by a fully inflated beach ball? When they're completely full, they're not soft. They have no room to 'squish' due to the air pressure, and are more like basketballs.
I have a Nephew he gets whacked hard with a beach ball many times by his brother, doesn't fazed him a bit and he's just 4. I played soccer, got full on hit in the face by a hard leather soccer ball, seen a few stars ,some blood, but I shook it off immediately. I don't know about you, but I won't go after that cheap ball, when it's already far off at sea, dark clouds coming with strong winds, nobody else in the water, friends scared to even move, no lifeguards in sight. It's different when you're splashing and wading in waist deep compared to deep water swimming.

I live in an island like Japan, we learn to respect the sea. It can be calm and peaceful one moment , treacherous the next. Not paying attention to the warning signs have been proved fatal to a couple of people I know.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:05   Link #146
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I really love Mei's voice, but come on, can't there be peace between Mei's fans and Izumi's fans? Izumi's hawt and tsun-tsun, Mei's cute and eyepatch-moe, they're both wonderful in their own different ways! It's important to have diversity in your 2D waifus!

The number one is Mikami sensei *
seriously , she is a beauty and no one seems even care !!! o_o

Old 2012-03-04, 12:27   Link #147
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I like her too. felt she's underused in the show.

I really fear that she could be one of the next victim later. Though still hoping she would survive.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:34   Link #148
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Yeah , that's explains her non-popularity
i loved when she started to freak out but she acted like suspiciously when she ignored Koichi like hell in the stairs at school.

A love involvement with a student would be cool haha
Hope they'll keep her safe long.

Can't wait for the enxt , seems just hell crazy.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:38   Link #149
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'll give you that swimming after a beach ball that's that far out isn't a very good ideas. But people do stuff that aren't such good ideas all the time. So the idea of him swimming after it really isn't that unrealistic or unlikely.
Old 2012-03-04, 13:23   Link #150
inisipis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'll give you that swimming after a beach ball that's that far out isn't a very good ideas. But people do stuff that aren't such good ideas all the time. So the idea of him swimming after it really isn't that unrealistic or unlikely.
I totally agree with you on that. I did quite a few myself when I was in High school. Now that I'm older, I guess I've become more cautious, thinking back I've could have died on those days.
Old 2012-03-04, 18:57   Link #151
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Finally got around to watching this episode.

This was a nice lighthearted episode, relative to most of the rest. Yes, it ended with another death, but it was still nice to see the characters interact with one another in a much less tense and more natural way.

Honestly, this is one of the most realistic beach episodes I've ever seen in anime, and it deserves a lot of credit for that alone. If more anime beach episodes were like this one, I probably would be more welcoming of them.

It helped that pervy camera angles weren't around, and the characters acted much like how I'd expect a group of teenagers to act on a trip to the beach. So it all felt very natural, making the plot and character interactions so much more enriching, immersive, and rewarding.

In particular, I really love the subtlety in the relationship between Koichi and Izumi. Her going out of her way to drive in the car that Koichi was in, but making that decision seem so effortless and no big deal at all... Very smooth, and much like how I think a smart and shrewd teenage girl would try to gradually grow closer to a guy she has a crush on. Little touches like this really add a lot to Another and its character interactions.

Now, as for the death scene, that had little impact on me, for two reasons.

1) You could see it coming a mile away.

2) That was awfully reckless of that guy anyway. Even without a curse in play, that's a dangerous thing to do. You could easily get swept out to sea and drown, run into a shark (which is what I thought would happen, lol) or, yeah, take a nasty hit from a boat.

Now, for this guy to take such a risk to retrieve a simple beach-ball when he knows about this curse that everybody has been trying to take countermeasures against, is really stupid. So I have to admit that it's hard for me to feel sad for him.

Still, an excellent episode overall that I loved for all of its well-executed subtlety and natural feel. Yukito Ayatsuji should really try his hand at Slice of Life anime, if this episode is any indication of what he's capable of when it comes to more relaxing narrative content.

9/10 for Episode 8.
Old 2012-03-04, 19:05   Link #152
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Just asking, but do people actually realise that shark attacks are a pretty rare occurrence?
Old 2012-03-04, 19:11   Link #153
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Just asking, but do people actually realise that shark attacks are a pretty rare occurrence?
I thought they'd go with death by shark attack mainly since sharks are cool. Also since it would at least be believable for that to happen here.

But yes, shark attacks are a pretty rare occurrence. They show up a lot in fiction because, again, sharks are cool, lol
Old 2012-03-04, 19:52   Link #154
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Such a tease in the beginning, but the ending... I literally screamed "DON'T GO IN!" And for the boat to come around... damn.

And PA Works really knows how to give you fan service that's not in your face. Very good studio, glad they are doing this series.
Old 2012-03-04, 20:00   Link #155
Oyashiro

Quote:
But you know, neck-planting onto the sharp end of an umbrella is also a rare occurrence... I don't think there's really any boundaries on how anyone can die here.
Old 2012-03-04, 20:17   Link #156
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Such a tease in the beginning, but the ending... I literally screamed "DON'T GO IN!" And for the boat to come around... damn.

And PA Works really knows how to give you fan service that's not in your face. Very good studio, glad they are doing this series.
I have pretty strong respect for PA Works just for their backgrounds. They have to be some of the best I've seen from out of Japan, and that's saying a lot (anime backgrounds seem to me to be a lot better than Western, as well as shading and lighting effects).
Old 2012-03-05, 00:11   Link #157
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Maybe the curse made him do it. You know, like it may or may not have made that teacher murder-suicide. All bets are off when that happened.
Old 2012-03-05, 00:30   Link #158
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
But you know, neck-planting onto the sharp end of an umbrella is also a rare occurrence... I don't think there's really any boundaries on how anyone can die here.
Funny, but its usually the butt that hit the stairs if you slide down... The common injury sustain in falling the stairs are neck injury (umbrella excluded) and head injury (many die also die due to internal bleeding in the brain).

For now, the only "normal death" that took event was heart attack. Why? Its has been noted that "he" had the disease already and its only the stress of "telling the truth" triggered it.
Old 2012-03-05, 01:33   Link #159
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
Completely missing the point of what I wanted to say.

People are saying like "OH NOES? WHY DID HE EVEN GO OUT THERE? A SHARK MIGHT EAT HIM" even though shark attacks are SO unlikely.

There is only one reason why he shouldn't have done that, and that's the possibility of drowning. (which, incidentally, is something that seemed to happen before the Nice Boat showed up.)
Old 2012-03-05, 02:01   Link #160
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I agree she is the prettiest but it feels like she had lots of makeup on.
Closed Thread

Tags
beach episode