AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-03, 08:59   Link #2321
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I have heard that in Inferno, Templar become neutered because he dies instantly. So the Enchantress is the popular option for her passive buffs. And that her buffs will remain even when she dies. If this is true, I might as well switch to Enchantress now to get use to her play style.
Just a quick tip about the Enchantress. Don't use her "Hex" ability. It has friendly-fire enabled. Unless you plan to make a video of Diablo roasting you as a chicken.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-03, 09:03   Link #2322
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Just a quick tip about the Enchantress. Don't use her "Hex" ability. It has friendly-fire enabled. Unless you plan to make a video of Diablo roasting you as a chicken.

Cheers.
Yeah, I have seen a pic of that. Thanks for the warning anyway.
Old 2012-06-03, 09:04   Link #2323
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Cheers.
Being playing with ench for quite some time now and this has never happened to me ... you sure this is not the result of some sort of spell reflect? Like the oasis spinny thingies?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 10:27   Link #2324
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Just started Hell difficulty, and have been breezing through Act I really easily for the most part except when encountering champion packs with some really annoying combo (Jailer / Frozen / Arcane Enchanted, I'm looking at you). That said, I'm probably a little overtuned from Nightmare to early levels of Hell anyway, what with ~30k HP, ~10k DPS, and about 1.5k armor (plus an additional 20% damage reduction with Jungle Fortitude).

Damage got boosted up to the roof thanks to a gift of Level 60 rare Ceremonial Dagger with 400+ DPS, 200+ INT and STA, and a reduction of Level Requirement by 12 (that means it's usable by Level 48!) from a friend.

Quote:
Blizzard is looking into linking summon health with player vitality, as your WD wouldn't survive in Inferno.

And yeah, I am drowning in medium quality gems. Gems I don't want to upgrade because it costs me too much gold. I would rather sell them off on the AH, and maybe buy some upgrade books...
I mostly just vendor the low- and medium-quality gems. With the amount of gem drops and better rarity at higher levels, those gems just take up unnecessary amount of precious space.

Why would you want to sell gems on the AH though? Do they not take up the 10-slot limit that you could've used for selling equipment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I'm surviving on Inferno, with my witch doctor. Act 2 and using no pets. I did spend like 5 days farming on Act 1 though. In Nightmare and Hell I used pets because my Dps was poor.
That's good to know.

The only pet I'm running right now is the Gargantuan, which I find to be better in every way than the Zombie Dogs (although it still got cleaved off rather easily by Hell Skeleton King ). Other than that, I run a pretty heavy DoT + AoE build to cheese through the mobs.

Out of curiosity, what petless build are you using for Inferno? I suspect I might have to switch around mine as well once I reach that difficulty.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 11:07   Link #2325
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Why would you want to sell gems on the AH though? Do they not take up the 10-slot limit that you could've used for selling equipment?
I have never tried it, but supposedly you can sell gems in bulk; as in, I can sell a stack of 20 gems all at once. So it wouldn't take up much room.

I do worry that gems drop too frequently though. They might not end up worth auctioning.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:19   Link #2326
Skane
Anime Snark

They have mitigated the damage by disabling the commodities sales, but the fact remains that without some form of Gem Sink, gems will just continue to become more common, and decline in value. Ways on how they can remove gems from the economy include using them as Blacksmith ingredients to guarantee mods that you want.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:44   Link #2327
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Tried Hell today with my wiz. Got brutally roflstomped by a pack of Scavengers with Extra Health, Molten and Fire Chains. Bastards kept surrounding me.

Took a few tries and skill switches, but finally, the game became actually challenging. Honestly, Hell should have been Nightmare and there should have been a middle-ground Hell between the current one and Inferno...
Old 2012-06-03, 11:45   Link #2328
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Selling gem's gets you fast gold, well for me anyway or well it did before they took it down. Square gems sell instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Out of curiosity, what petless build are you using for Inferno? I suspect I might have to switch around mine as well once I reach that difficulty.
Its not 100% petless I guess if you count big bad voodoo as a pet . I can't seem to get onto Batlle.net right now but il tell you what I use.
Spirit Walk:Honored guest
Big Bad Voodoo:Slam Dance (Can swap this for the Jungle Drums which decreases its cooldown)
Wall of Zombies: Unrelenting Grip
Soul Harvest: Siphon
Posion Dart: Splinters
Zombie Charger: Zombie Bears

Passives for this build:
Pierce the Veil/Spirit Vessel/Vision Quest, I use the templar for trash and Enchantress for bosses.

For some parts in Act 2 I change Pierce the veil to Rush of Essence, against Zultan because he caused me some problems.

Hope this helps. Its a really solid build. If you want a build which is really easy swap out Wall of Zombies to Fetish Army : Legion of Daggers.
Im using this build on my Hardcore Wd too. Not having any problems, pretty insane damage with dps at around 8k, idealy 10-11k is where this build is one shotting bosses, in Inferno.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:56   Link #2329
Blaat

RIP Chihaya level 30 DH. I honestly cannot believe I died in normal, I blame the range only party vs Diablo (and doing Diablo with four man was maybe not a good idea ;P )
Old 2012-06-03, 18:04   Link #2330
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Blizzard is looking into linking summon health with player vitality, as your WD wouldn't survive in Inferno.

And yeah, I am drowning in medium quality gems. Gems I don't want to upgrade because it costs me too much gold. I would rather sell them off on the AH, and maybe buy some upgrade books...
What the hell is this?

Blizzard: Hey look someone found a way to survive in inferno, let's remove it!

/trollface

The idea of summons is to spend mana creating something to absorb damage. If you link it to health, what the hell is the point? They become liabilities that cannot cover even if they generate good dps. Imagine if you took damage if someone hits your projectile. It's retarded. Who used Blood Golem in d2 after they fixed the healing bug? No one.

This seriously reminds me of the later Mega Man games (particularly X6) where the intent from enemy/stage design was pretty clear from the developers "You guys always complain our games are so easy, so FUCK YOU!" *litters instant death traps everywhere that are impossible to predict or foresee, causing every casual player to ragequit*

I really wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard creates a boss in the form in a middle finger at the end of inferno which permanently erases your character and your stash if you don't react within 0.01 seconds. Their obsession with fake difficulty in all their games don't involve playing another human is quite annoying. Iron Madien cast by enemies in d2 was a particularly stupid one, because high level characters could one shot themselves in normal.

And still someone will manage to beat it... Like this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-03 at 18:38.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:12   Link #2331
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
RIP Chihaya level 30 DH. I honestly cannot believe I died in normal, I blame the range only party vs Diablo (and doing Diablo with four man was maybe not a good idea ;P )
Awwww sorry to hear that , I lost my first Hardcore character to him, luckily I changed builds on my new character and now I am lvl 58
Old 2012-06-03, 19:37   Link #2332
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The idea of summons is to spend mana creating something to absorb damage. If you link it to health, what the hell is the point? They become liabilities that cannot cover even if they generate good dps. Imagine if you took damage if someone hits your projectile. It's retarded. Who used Blood Golem in d2 after they fixed the healing bug? No one.
No, no. I mean Blizzard is thinking of linking how many vitality points you have, with how much extra health summons have. Not literally making the heath interconnected. So you can increase your summon's HP by having more points of vitality
Old 2012-06-03, 19:44   Link #2333
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I can hardly see any WD use summon in Hell/Inferno anyway, so that's the welcome idea.
Old 2012-06-03, 19:49   Link #2334
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
No, no. I mean Blizzard is thinking of linking how many vitality points you have, with how much extra health summons have. Not literally making the heath interconnected. So you can increase your summon's HP by having more points of vitality
Oh well, that sounds a lot better. So in which case can be a buff... I think. They'd need a lot of health to be viable though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 21:19   Link #2335
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, at this point of Hell (Act I) I need to ask, what's the amount of resist that I have to shoot for to have a shot of not dying to elemental attacks by Act II and onwards? At level 51, I'm barely scraping 106 resist to all.
Old 2012-06-03, 21:28   Link #2336
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hmm, at this point of Hell (Act I) I need to ask, what's the amount of resist that I have to shoot for to have a shot of not dying to elemental attacks by Act II and onwards? At level 51, I'm barely scraping 106 resist to all.
Make sure your resist is as close as you can to 1/10 of your total armour. Both Resist and Armour block elemental attacks; to get the best survivability you need to not neglect one over another, as true defence is the two values multiplied together. This means a Barb would stack resist because he already has armour from high strength, and a Wizard/WD would want increase armour/strength because they already got high resist from Intelligence.
Old 2012-06-03, 21:53   Link #2337
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Make sure your resist is as close as you can to 1/10 of your total armour. Both Resist and Armour block elemental attacks; to get the best survivability you need to not neglect one over another, as true defence is the two values multiplied together. This means a Barb would stack resist because he already has armour from high strength, and a Wizard/WD would want increase armour/strength because they already got high resist from Intelligence.
That would mean I would need to have 310 resist, which doesn't seem to be doable unless I invest in equipment that only boost a single resist (which will be spread around due to one of the Monk's passives) and Int. All my equipment lean towards Dex and Vit, though each slot does contribute on some level to all 4 primary stats. Does this mean that I'll have to sacrifice STR now to have my INT catch up (it's around 590-ish now)?
Old 2012-06-03, 22:10   Link #2338
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That would mean I would need to have 310 resist, which doesn't seem to be doable unless I invest in equipment that only boost a single resist (which will be spread around due to one of the Monk's passives) and Int. All my equipment lean towards Dex and Vit, though each slot does contribute on some level to all 4 primary stats. Does this mean that I'll have to sacrifice STR now to have my INT catch up (it's around 590-ish now)?
Essentially you just have to tweak your enchantments and gem slots .

But yeah, as a monk, you don't have a naturally high Intelligence or Strength. So just make sure that you tweak the best you can. No one ever get the ideal 1/10 ratio; it's just to give you a guide to make decisions on, say, what gems to socket on your pants.
Old 2012-06-03, 22:37   Link #2339
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Finally breeze through act II Hell...

Need advice...
Anyone who plays DH, is DH that focused in critical build can survive on Hell difficulty?
What area should i buff, as i will look on item in AH...
As for now, i am far too vunerable, but am confused should i start looking for resistance or just buff my vitality...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 22:48   Link #2340
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Finally breeze through act II Hell...

Need advice...
Anyone who plays DH, is DH that focused in critical build can survive on Hell difficulty?
What area should i buff, as i will look on item in AH...
As for now, i am far too vunerable, but am confused should i start looking for resistance or just buff my vitality...
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4525923896
Try this. This guy made a calculator to measure "Effective Health". As in, it tells you when to buff vitality, armour, resist, and dodge to be most efficient at surviving.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler