AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: w/c one is better....
Doom3 6 21.43%
Halo 2 16 57.14%
both of them!!! 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-16, 12:46   Link #21
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
uh
if you are referring to that short bit in the trailer
that was NOT cs2
It was demonstration of the source engine that mimics CS. Hence they called it "CounterStrke Source".

But, it's also true that the same team that made the first CS has been in development of the sequel to counter-strike for some time. I suspect CS-2 will be making it's debut soon after HL-2 comes out.

This, of course, is all speculation though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 16:08   Link #22
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I'm going with Halo 2. I been waiting for Doom 3 to come since forever and in that time span, I've already been playing other FPS games that are as addictive. I believe, Halo 2 is getting released at just about the right time.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 19:11   Link #23
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
But, it's also true that the same team that made the first CS has been in development of the sequel to counter-strike for some time. I suspect CS-2 will be making it's debut soon after HL-2 comes out.

This, of course, is all speculation though.
After the "bomb" that was condition zero I hope they can really wow me with CS-2 if that's indeed what they're up to. *(Hopefully, it'll come out sooner than condition zero too)
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 00:24   Link #24
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRAVEN
HALO is alright, its fun with a group of people like Goldeneye was, but its nothing special. I personally hate the ad's and stuff halo is getting, this new ground breaking game that copied the past games. Tribes was made at least 6-8 years ago, has everything Halo has, Tribes 2 Just blows Halo out of the water, and Tribes 3 is gonna best them all(even halo 2). I enjoy it sometimes because it brings back the days of Goldeneye and party games and all that, but for ground-breaking and new? It most certainly is not. Doom was one of the first, and I used to play it when Doom II came out we were excited! I think Doom 3 is gonna pwn just like all other Doom's have. Doom was a ground-breaking game, and I think Doom 3 maybe as well, they are sinking a lot of money into it.

Raven
You know, I was thinking the same thing. The problem with Tribes 2 that got alot of people to stop playing were the servers and the fact the game took awhile to load. It is a shame that its the service that broke such a good game.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 01:09   Link #25
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginer
You know, I was thinking the same thing. The problem with Tribes 2 that got alot of people to stop playing were the servers and the fact the game took awhile to load. It is a shame that its the service that broke such a good game.
It was so worth it in the end though, and if you found a good server, hell I played 3-4 years straight on the same server and met friends I still hang out with(many many years have passed). You load once and play for 3 hours? Its definently worth it, especially with all the mods that it fully supports. I played XK1 which made it twice as fun as usual(deployable bunkers, walls, transport pads, big turrets, new weapons of fun > ). There was racing, construction mods and more custom maps than you could shake a stick at. Only reason I stopped playing was because the XK1 servers were overrun with these newbies that camped the spawn, then it died . Then I got addicted to many more games... hell I still play T-2 when I'm bored, its a great game and always has a place on my HD. Custom vehicles/guns/maps piled onto an already awesome game? I actually don't know what they could improve to tribes 3, but one thing they are definently going with is the graphics . And now Tribes 2 is free? It is awesome. Tribes 3 is going to Pwn big time if its at least half as good as T-2.

Raven
WARRAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 05:07   Link #26
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
After the "bomb" that was condition zero I hope they can really wow me with CS-2 if that's indeed what they're up to. *(Hopefully, it'll come out sooner than condition zero too)
different teams made those 2 games
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 05:42   Link #27
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
wat's the difference between CS2 and Condition Zero?... does CS2 will have more guns and more objectives too?...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote