Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-02, 16:53   Link #41
Ueap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo fans
but renji can run right..
And that wolf captain also can run..

but when they cast spell , opponent just stunned there and wait for the spell to reach them -.-
I don't think they casted the spell that long, in both case the caster skipped the incantation.
Old 2006-01-02, 17:13   Link #42
KanaKaishou

Renji was pinned by another holding spell.

On the other hand, Komamura was just WTF'd by Aizen.
Old 2006-01-02, 17:26   Link #43
Ledgem
Love Yourself

There's a reason this is an entertainment form and not a documentary. Who says it's supposed to be realistic?

If you really want to link it to something realistic, just think of it in terms of the "deer in headlights" effect - that is, you freeze up during impending danger. It could be that your blind runs blank, or that a million evasive actions come to your mind and you can't decide on a single one. And if you ask me, "Way of Destruction 90" is a pretty frikkin' bright headlight.
Old 2006-01-03, 05:04   Link #44
Grees
Ehhh

I would say the realization of Aizen's illusion is the bright headlight, not WoD 90.
It would make lousy action scenes if people can dodge spells all the time, since spells are meant to say 'look at me being cool and pwned you with something other then my sword' and show off the caster superiority, but once i would like to see someone dodge it.
Old 2006-01-03, 23:41   Link #45
IchiNiiSan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
He stopped Ichigo's ban kai with his bare hand. I don't think even Kenpachi could do that.
And technically, when zaraki and ichigo fought for the first time, ichigo hit him as hard as he could in the chest and cut himself, which really would be worse then aizen just stopping ichigo, ichigo cut himself trying to hit zaraki.

and of course of course ichigo is much stronger now and what not, and zaraki surely couldn't do that now, but you still can't say that zaraki CAN'T do that, since he already has
Old 2006-01-05, 14:13   Link #46
MobiuS

Ichigo is NOT stronger now. Just faster. His spiritual energy neither grows nor shinks in battle (not counting tapping into Zangetsu's own power) or even moving from Shikai to Bankai. He only gains speed. Its been stated. If he was still scared, Zaraki's chest would have the same effect on his Bankai as it did on his Shikai. Pure pwnage.

So its perfectly logical for Aizen to stop regular Ichigo's bankai with his finger. Zaraki did it with the Shinkai. And his Bankai does not increase Spiritual Energy nor Physical damage. Only speed. Aizen's spiri energy does not even necessarily have to be as high as Kenpachi the pimp. He only needs to be able to control his spiritual energy well. Which we can safely asume he can do - as the main antagonist.
Old 2006-01-05, 21:40   Link #47
midgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Ichigo is NOT stronger now. Just faster. His spiritual energy neither grows nor shinks in battle (not counting tapping into Zangetsu's own power) or even moving from Shikai to Bankai. He only gains speed. Its been stated. If he was still scared, Zaraki's chest would have the same effect on his Bankai as it did on his Shikai. Pure pwnage.

So its perfectly logical for Aizen to stop regular Ichigo's bankai with his finger. Zaraki did it with the Shinkai. And his Bankai does not increase Spiritual Energy nor Physical damage. Only speed. Aizen's spiri energy does not even necessarily have to be as high as Kenpachi the pimp. He only needs to be able to control his spiritual energy well. Which we can safely asume he can do - as the main antagonist.
Force = Mass X Acceleration the faster you go the harder you hit.

like getting hit by a car going 5 mph vs getting hit by a car going 100 mph.

but then again what does real world gotta do with this...right?
Old 2006-01-05, 22:00   Link #48
MobiuS

Exactly. It wasnt even on Earth.
Old 2006-01-08, 10:44   Link #49
soulfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo fans
but renji can run right..
And that wolf captain also can run..

but when they cast spell , opponent just stunned there and wait for the spell to reach them -.-
Komamura was stunned, that's why he did not have time to run away or dodge Aizen's kidou attack.
Old 2006-01-10, 00:34   Link #50
midgard

I'm not sure if binding spells are as difficult as blast spells but

since we are talking about level 90+ kidou. did you know ichigo got out of a level 99 binding spell? When he was about to turn into a Hollow during Urahara's training the dude with the glasses (dunno his name) cast a lvl 99 binding spell on ichigo that he "blasted" through.
Old 2006-01-10, 01:27   Link #51
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
In most shounen series, stronger means better, not necessarily physically stronger.
Old 2006-01-10, 17:56   Link #52
MobiuS

I know that. But the idea is that he isnt really hitting harder than he hit Kenpachi. And Kenpachi had that result. So the premise here is really physical damage not speed. It shouldnt matter as much as his physical strength. What he gains in speed, his zanpaktou loses in mass. So the equation may balance out actually.

But the idea is that he doesnt hit considerably harder than his shikai. Just faster. So it makes sense Aizen can block it. In fact, I bet Yama-jii's beard could block it.
Old 2006-01-10, 19:14   Link #53
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou
Renji was pinned by another holding spell.

On the other hand, Komamura was just WTF'd by Aizen.
A lot of people are forgetting one thing, He just had a fight with kenpachi. And by the looks of it.. wasnt looking to good and he was worn out and hurt.
Old 2006-01-10, 19:26   Link #54
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Does it actually say level 90 as how much power is behind it, as opposed to 'Spell Number 90', or even just 'Spell 90'? Because if its number is based on its order in a book of kidou, then it could be a very powerful spell, and more powerful than the 99 thing that held Ichigo, and it could go to Spell 91 - Bottle Opener of Impending Inebriation or something and not be arranged by power, that way... It could be order of discovery, or something similar.

I haven't explained this at all well
Old 2006-01-11, 02:53   Link #55
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Does it actually say level 90 as how much power is behind it, as opposed to 'Spell Number 90', or even just 'Spell 90'? Because if its number is based on its order in a book of kidou, then it could be a very powerful spell, and more powerful than the 99 thing that held Ichigo, and it could go to Spell 91 - Bottle Opener of Impending Inebriation or something and not be arranged by power, that way... It could be order of discovery, or something similar.
Well, I think there should be some sort of system in the way they ordered their spells, however as long as the author doesn't explain this (by entering a few chapters of Kidou lessons for Ichigo ) we can't know for sure.
IMHO it would make sense to order the spells by the length of their incarnation... so the 1st spell would be the shortest (like "die"), and the 'last' one had the most text to recite.
Old 2006-01-11, 02:56   Link #56
Grees
Ehhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
A lot of people are forgetting one thing, He just had a fight with kenpachi. And by the looks of it.. wasnt looking to good and he was worn out and hurt.
Is that the fanboy talking ? Because i would assume that Komamura could have owned Kenpachi so hard if he didnt left for Yama.
Kenpachi would be like..'Oh, Komamura, you are so so strong, let me lick your feet and then kill myself by choking on my eyepatch, because you are so much stronger then me...ah..ah..yes'
Then Komamura would whisper....'Tousen...' in a melodramatic kind of way.

There isnt really any proof that Komamura was loosing or having problems dealing with Kenpachi, neither there is proof that he was winning or even if they fought at all.
Old 2006-01-11, 07:37   Link #57
Baphomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard
Force = Mass X Acceleration the faster you go the harder you hit.

like getting hit by a car going 5 mph vs getting hit by a car going 100 mph.

but then again what does real world gotta do with this...right?

So that means once Ichigo achieves his max speed, he needs to put on weight to overcome the power limitation. Aizen seems heavier than Ichigo, hence, probably more powerful than Ichigo, assuming they have the same speed.
Old 2006-01-11, 07:51   Link #58
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
So that means once Ichigo achieves his max speed, he needs to put on weight to overcome the power limitation. Aizen seems heavier than Ichigo, hence, probably more powerful than Ichigo, assuming they have the same speed.
Typically, the weilder's mass shouldnt matter. Only the blade ... >_>
Old 2006-01-11, 12:19   Link #59
The Small One

Hm, it's interessting to imagine Ichigo after he gained 80-100 kg.
Old 2006-01-12, 01:28   Link #60
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grees
Is that the fanboy talking ? Because i would assume that Komamura could have owned Kenpachi so hard if he didnt left for Yama.
Kenpachi would be like..'Oh, Komamura, you are so so strong, let me lick your feet and then kill myself by choking on my eyepatch, because you are so much stronger then me...ah..ah..yes'
Then Komamura would whisper....'Tousen...' in a melodramatic kind of way.

There isnt really any proof that Komamura was loosing or having problems dealing with Kenpachi, neither there is proof that he was winning or even if they fought at all.
never would have happened