Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-23, 22:38   Link #1301
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Oh, wait till (hopefully) tomorrow before you draw any true conclusions...

Besides, you guys hating the bats proves that all you care about is the fanservice, and don't give a damn about the possibility of plot.

Wait... I forgot we're talking about the anime here
Remember what I posted before? The stories of episode1-3. I was gonna discuss about the nurse which was in chapter 24 in season1 manga. I only heed what the moderator said about discussing to much further in manga within the episodes of the anime in season1 of R+V since it brings out too much spoilers.(I still remember that even though I post very little back then since I was a busy with work/project for our company).

I like fanservice, but I also look at the story, since R+V has an awesome story in the manga and has a great art in the anime version I can't help myself to like them both, since one medium balances the other much like the more in deph hardcore detective stories of Batman (<<<yeah sue me Iam a BIG fan of the BATMAN) to the more kid friendly cartoons.

I also mentioned kid friendly. Will kids late at midnight still watch anime on t.v. in Japan? More importantly if kids see those bats they'llbe more curious about WHY IS IT THERE and ask there parents. Though I dunno about there culture or what, but what about us teens and adults who patronized and love animes like this. Shouldn't we have a little pat on the back when we go home stressed and relax watching something we LIKE TO SEE.
Old 2008-10-23, 22:44   Link #1302
Midonin
Last Engage

I think there's a lack of knowledge in this thread by assuming that kids are watching Capu2 in the first place. The showed is aimed at otaku - our kind, at least by the time slot it airs in. The censoring is there because of network standards and to get us to buy the DVDs, which also applies to every other fanservice anime out there.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:24   Link #1303
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think there's a lack of knowledge in this thread by assuming that kids are watching Capu2 in the first place. The showed is aimed at otaku - our kind, at least by the time slot it airs in. The censoring is there because of network standards and to get us to buy the DVDs, which also applies to every other fanservice anime out there.
these are the words I try to avoid saying on every fanservice anime. Since what is there to see in R+V lingerie it's not nipples, it's not but cracks, uncensored crotches or anything more perverted than that. It's just women's under garment's for crying out loud and the censor is MASSIVE good heavens...censoring should be timed right. Like when there are nipple shots or other provoking positions. Comics/Manga's games and other medium we see lying around or advertised are everywhere, we see women's undergarments also in commercials and they censor it? Come on now, that is NOT a good way to sell dvd versions since it might backfire since there's no nudity or anything.

And if there was nudity at a certain point of any episode that DVD version is the only one that will sell I tell you. It's better to add deleted scenes like in season1.
Old 2008-10-24, 00:32   Link #1304
CGrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I have an issue with this, not the DVD purchase idea, but how the censoring is handled. It is so tacky and such an eyesore. Compare it to something like Sekirei and you see a difference in how it is handled. Sekirei's merged with the background better and flawlessly than what this series is doing, to the point that its absolutely ridiculous.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 05:12   Link #1305
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrascal View Post
I have an issue with this, not the DVD purchase idea, but how the censoring is handled. It is so tacky and such an eyesore. Compare it to something like Sekirei and you see a difference in how it is handled. Sekirei's merged with the background better and flawlessly than what this series is doing, to the point that its absolutely ridiculous.
That's the ticket! Nailed it right in the head. Also adding more CEN SORE mascots for the eyes.
Old 2008-10-24, 05:22   Link #1306
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

What the anime is doing is basically forcing a mascot down your the audiences throats. Hoping that it'll catch on and become popular.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 05:30   Link #1307
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There was a plush toy of Kou on sale even before the Moka PVC was available. Now pedo bear is promoted.
Old 2008-10-24, 06:45   Link #1308
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
What the anime is doing is basically forcing a mascot down your the audiences throats. Hoping that it'll catch on and become popular.
I've loved the bat since the first series, especially because it was voiced by Koyasu Takehito. His narration in the first series was one of the best parts of the show.
Old 2008-10-24, 06:54   Link #1309
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now to much of that ridiculous censoring makes some rage at him.
Old 2008-10-24, 10:01   Link #1310
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
... question:

do panty shots really count as discussing something?

Guess it depends on the point of view...
Well it is *a* topic. And pantsu makes the world go around, dont'cha know? Look at the power our pantsu has over all you guys. Mwuhahaha!

Quote:
Oh, wait till (hopefully) tomorrow before you draw any true conclusions...

Besides, you guys hating the bats proves that all you care about is the fanservice, and don't give a damn about the possibility of plot.

Wait... I forgot we're talking about the anime here
I DO care about the plot, but like I've said before and like CGrascal just pointed out, the WAY they're going about the censoring is absurd. And for me it's about artistic integrity, too. Showing something in its original form according to the artists' intent. I understand the possible business motivations for the bat-censoring but that doesn't make it right.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:03   Link #1311
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Any news yet if there's a lesser bat and pedo bear version of ep.4?
Old 2008-10-24, 13:05   Link #1312
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Any news yet if there's a lesser bat and pedo bear version of ep.4?
It's being worked on as we speak. So maybe by later today.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:07   Link #1313
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

aw nuts! Oh well Iam a patient man when it comes to that part. Also the fan subbing.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:10   Link #1314
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
aw nuts! Oh well Iam a patient man when it comes to that part. Also the fan subbing.
I'm still waiting for confirmation on whether or not that version IS less-censored, but if it follows MX's trend, it should at least be better than the other releases so far. Here's hoping.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:14   Link #1315
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

lesser BATS are extremely appreciated to MX's stations. It's just like your watching nothing but a flock of BATS.

But I can never get enough of the BATMAN. lol
Old 2008-10-24, 13:16   Link #1316
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
lesser BATS are extremely appreciated to MX's stations. It's just like your watching nothing but a flock of BATS.

But I can never get enough of the BATMAN. lol
Don't forget Bearman lol
Old 2008-10-24, 13:24   Link #1317
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Oh yeah that pedo bear is busy playing now or at least for now...

Old 2008-10-24, 13:34   Link #1318
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

I also find it exasperating how ultraviolent scenes almost always seem to get a free pass and more people are concerned about seeing even slightly sexual material than violence. Such a weird double-standard.

For the record, I'm not saying I want scenes of violence in Anime to get censored. Far from it. Just that people's attitudes on what's "harmful" to society are so strange to me at times. Or maybe I'm the strange one. Dunno.
Old 2008-10-24, 14:47   Link #1319
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I swear, if I see any more Censor Bats, I'm gonna break out with my old Nintendo Gun and go 'Bat Hunt' on those things.
There's enough flying around now as is.
Old 2008-10-24, 16:08   Link #1320
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The new Pokemon anime has panty shots of it own with Hikari and they dare censor, bend over panty shots? Bah! Pokemon is more kid friendly, but the panties are there. Damn it...Naga in Slayers before is wearing an thong and falls flat on her face butt end and they don't censor that.
Damn Otaku hour...maybe the otaku hour should watch Pokemon and digmon since it has panty shots and digimon had a tentacle scenes in the Japanese version... >.>

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire