AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-27, 14:53   Link #10321
Dream_Traveller
Banned

That's going way too far. You could say the same thing about any person in the real world who, indeed, records past events in a blog, diary or otherwise. They aren't shells of people, are they?
Old 2008-05-27, 14:59   Link #10322
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
That's going way too far. You could say the same thing about any person in the real world who, indeed, records past events in a blog, diary or otherwise. They aren't shells of people, are they?
There's a difference. Blogs and diaries are one thing. Heck, I kept a diary in a 2 year stretch of 2002-2004. The difference, however, is that you write in it to summarize the day, to summarize what happened. Anya is ALWAYS writing in her diary and living in the past. She never says "Alright, I'm going to find a boyfriend to make a better future for myself!" Instead, she chronologilizes what she sees, and hence doesn't live.
Old 2008-05-27, 14:59   Link #10323
hchuang

Nightmare of Nunnuly is actually a pretty awesome shonen series if you are willing to judge it on its own merit. Hopefully somebody will work on it.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:04   Link #10324
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It's in her character- she records what she sees because she wants to be remembered, and, in a sense, that is what she's living for, hence, she is living for something. And besides, she is, in general, introverted, and a practical Britannian 'Spartan' given her age, experience and ruthlessness. I think it would be out of character, drastically, for her to outwardly state that she wants to find a future (and she already has one with the Brits) or change her future, or anything of the sort.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:23   Link #10325
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's pretty much it and it was stated in magazines that she does all the recording out of fear of being forgotten. I am quite curious as to what brought about such a thing of course. I still think she may be related to C.C. in some way though I don't know how. She could always be an experimental soldier or something.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-27, 15:26   Link #10326
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I think that might be rather infeasible as well...still, this is for speculation. And as for her possible case of athazagoraphobia, there's a whole multitude of possibilities as to how that came about.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:28   Link #10327
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, the artists said there was a character who was similar to C.C. and Anya does bear a resemblence to her in some ways. I don't think such a thing is a coincidence myself though I hope it doesn't become anything like the random theory I came up with a while ago.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-27, 15:35   Link #10328
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, the artists said there was a character who was similar to C.C. and Anya does bear a resemblence to her in some ways. I don't think such a thing is a coincidence myself though I hope it doesn't become anything like the random theory I came up with a while ago.
Did they think that Suzaku needed his own 'C.C'?
Old 2008-05-27, 15:36   Link #10329
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe, I don't know. I don't expect her to have Geass abilities or anything.

Old 2008-05-27, 15:45   Link #10330
mash11

He had one (Euphy) and now he has replaced her with Nunally, and they both suit his personality very well. Weak girls who need a protector, it gives him the necessary ego boost he needs to get over the guilt he has incurred over his lifetime of helping people.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:48   Link #10331
Makoto_Must_DIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash11 View Post
He had one (Euphy) and now he has replaced her with Nunally, and they both suit his personality very well. Weak girls who need a protector, it gives him the necessary ego boost he needs to get over the guilt he has incurred over his lifetime of helping people.
Which is still the opposite of lelouch who seems to surround himself with physically strong girls (and boy) who protect him. That's kinda cool. They did a good job thinking these two through.
Old 2008-05-27, 16:01   Link #10332
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

If death were to strike a main character I hope Suzaku would die but it seems that with his Geass "Live" command it's going to be very hard
I wonder if at the end Suzaku may just kill Lelouch because of that command.I wonder why Suzaku hasn't asked the Emperor to use his Geass to rewrite his memories maybe that could cancel that order.I guess having Nunnally is soothing his mind to protect someone weak but at the same time it's his shield against Lelouch if he recovered his memories.
Too many Geass users would be a pain that would completely ruin it .
Anya is lifeless she seems to be emotionless you don't see her express fondness for anything but so far she has only shown boredom
Old 2008-05-27, 16:03   Link #10333
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Anya is lifeless she seems to be emotionless you don't see her express fondness for anything but so far she has only shown boredom
I think it's part of her character, she's meant to be like that
Old 2008-05-27, 16:06   Link #10334
KrimzonStriker

Well, we almost got something like that with C.C but then she turned out to have a lot more spunk then we gave her credit for, so I guess Anya has to fit the shoes of the emotionless and logical one with a hint of cold ruthlessness. Plus, with Gino being Gino we need someone to balance out his 24 hour sugar rush festival
Old 2008-05-27, 16:08   Link #10335
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

With Lelouch going worldwide I wonder if this will be the occasion for him to face the remaining KoR surely he'll be fighting against Schneizel though and I already know he's going to loose a few battles
Old 2008-05-27, 16:10   Link #10336
KrimzonStriker

Yeah, Schneizel and even Suzaku is slated to appear in China, as for the other KoR's there isn't any indication of it happening really, probably after the Chinese Federation Arc given how Lelouch will need to consolidate his position there in events to come so that he can somewhat face them evenly >_>
Old 2008-05-27, 16:15   Link #10337
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Schneizel is already setting things up already having Nina working on some kind of superweapon and he is a master strategist and also with the help of Hackzaku it's going to be very hard for Lelouch to fend them off plus the Eunuchs and Li it's going to be hell for him and don't forget the party celebrating Britannia and the Chinese Federation's Alliance
I wonder if Zero is just going to make a "political marriage" with TianZi to soothe things with the Chinese Federation and try to deal with his remaining foes later
Old 2008-05-27, 16:32   Link #10338
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Schneizel is already setting things up already having Nina working on some kind of superweapon and he is a master strategist and also with the help of Hackzaku it's going to be very hard for Lelouch to fend them off plus the Eunuchs and Li it's going to be hell for him and don't forget the party celebrating Britannia and the Chinese Federation's Alliance
I wonder if Zero is just going to make a "political marriage" with TianZi to soothe things with the Chinese Federation and try to deal with his remaining foes later
Not likely since Kaguya and Tianzi are best buds >_>
Old 2008-05-27, 16:38   Link #10339
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

She said she didn't mind if Zero had other women and besides she is a self proclaimed bribe it's not like Zero agreed with her
Old 2008-05-27, 16:41   Link #10340
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I'm not so sure about that - I have no doubts that the Chinese people, from what we understand of their plight, would sooner choose Zero than the power-hogging Eunuchs but having him betrothed to their young Empress would feel exaggerated. Zero is the leader of exiled Japanese - aside from his intelligence and his charisma, there is nothing special about him. His influence has dwindled since the failed Black Rebellion...and he's leeching on Chinese assistance (or more exactly their half-concealed efforts to use him as a political tool). Even if he comes back as the saviour of an oppressed country (CF), he'd still be seen as an opportunistic newcomer who got lucky and even had the gall to kidnap the young Empress for his little power games.

The only thing that might compel Tenshi (or Tianzi if you want) to agree to this marriage would be her friendship to Kaguya (Zero's self-proclaimed wife). Although this is a big factor, I believe there are other people who might not really see this union with a benevolent eye.

So, unless Xingke is slated to survive the China arc, Lelouch would meet a lot of opposition in the country, as she's practically hailed as a demigoddess. Xingke might be ready to risk his life to protect the future ruler of his nation but to sell her off like that? I believe he knows better - unless he feels she wouldn't feel safer anywhere except within Zero's sphere of influence. His devotion to China and Tenshi comes first. Power plays with foreign factors come later.

On that point, this arranged marriage would most certainly force Britannia to renege their alliance with the CF and possibly open hostilities with a bereaved and shaken chain of command. If Lelouch's side wins the battle for China, Britannia will have to leave the premises for diplomatic reasons, but I doubt they'll stay put with the prospect of a serial regicide subverting the second most important superpower on the planet. Sooner or later they'll have to announce their wish to not pursue a friendly relationship with an obviously manipulated country. I imagine that the Chinese Army would by then still be on wobbly legs and not quite able to fend off an impending Britannian assault. I'll nevertheless amend this theory by incorporating the possibility that Britannia could find itself hard pressed to deliver troops on two major fronts, against two superpowers. Even if it has the technological edge, the Empire still has a limited pool of fighting personnel. And from what I understand, it has fought for a while already...and it might be moving closer to the border of exhaustion.

Moreover, I'm...not sure Lelouch would readily agree to a definite form of personal commitment aside from garnering tools to exact revenge on the Britannian Empire. He never directly acknowledged being trothplighted to Kaguya, so I don't see why he'd suddenly come up with that idea with Tianzi...the idea of controlling the CF put aside, of course.

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers