AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-07, 05:51   Link #12761
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Tried the T49 Light today in test server. That tank is so fast really and that derp gun looks hungry at the light armour tank. Well, I`m gonna start my grind in live tester since I need some fast tanks for my reroll.

I`ve nearly made a succesfull reroll account
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 07:53   Link #12762
Gravitas Free Zone

The T95E6 has been around since... 9.1? I don't remember if it was a tester item or a special prize. I have seen perhaps two in a few thousand live games.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-09-07 at 08:23.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 08:46   Link #12763
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The new ricochet mechanic added in 9.3

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 09:40   Link #12764
Gravitas Free Zone

Further encouragement to not fire into a melee?

Other random stuff: Trying to get the 25K spotting damage weekend mission done. End up getting a Top Gun in the Pz38nA because I am actually in the best location for finishing off a parade of damaged tanks, and only have 52 points of spotted damage...

The mission is also hurt by most of the current maps being much less friendly to scouting.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-09-07 at 10:34.
Old 2014-09-11, 20:33   Link #12765
Gravitas Free Zone

Finally got into the 9.3 test after the further mangling of the T49 Light. Impression of the 152mm is DON'T ATTEMPT TO AIM. It's like direct-firing an artillery cannon, only chance is to drive up to something and try to make sure that all of it is in the error circle. Camping in a bush and waiting will result in opponents driving away before it aims. Usual HE rules apply; I did almost 1000 damage to the back of a T-54 while barely scratching the front of an Obj. 416. Maneuverability is okay; the ground resistance was nerfed for this test run, and it feels it.

I haven't tried the autoloader on the Walker Bulldog yet.

The RU-251 is a nice reward for torturing yourself with the AFK Panther. Almost hit 100 KPH downhilling on Himmelsdorf, gun seems adequate.

(Incidentally, I managed to drive the Type 64 at almost 70 KPH backwards on Northwest...)

And I manage to get the Master Tanker badge before 9.3 screws it up again, by ambushing a camping damaged Obj. 430 in Ruinberg. I thought I was going to have to use a Tier 10 to get one, but I managed it with the WZ-132.
Old 2014-09-12, 06:37   Link #12766
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^^ How awkward I have to pass through awful panther to get that ru251
Old 2014-09-12, 07:48   Link #12767
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
^^ How awkward I have to pass through awful panther to get that ru251
It's a faster Panther with no hit points. It can maybe "scout" by getting out to an initial position and looking around, but in most cases will want to get the hell out of the way before contact occurs and then be a flanking sniper. It has to slip away early, it's not going to be able to dodge and sneak out of the way that might be possible with a WZ or an AMX.

It's also acceptable at counter-scout. Ramming things is possible, keeping in mind that it has low HP and isn't the best-turning vehicle.

But mostly... blah. It does have the bright side that putting in some damage against a Tier 10 opponent will give reasonable XP.
Old 2014-09-15, 20:41   Link #12768
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm considering playing again once 9.3 hits with all the new scout tanks but I'm not sure how XP works with the introduction of new tanks. If I grind free XP on my Chaffee now will that be converted back to normal XP that I can use on the new Tier 6 or will I have to start from scratch? Id much rather grind the XP before the Chaffee gets totally neutered if possible.
Old 2014-09-15, 21:26   Link #12769
Gravitas Free Zone

WG's position on XP and free tanks and whatnot has changed a few times. The most recent thing that I've heard about the Chaffee is that they're going to give out the difference between the old Chaffee's XP requirement and its current one as basic Chaffee XP, so you could immediately get the M37 as soon as 9.3 comes out, if you already have a Chaffee. (And also end up spending gold on the leftover XP since 14000 to 55000 is still more than 28000.)

This of course could have been changed in the last five minutes.

Random anecdote: Last night I watched my team throw a Himmelsdorf game because an enemy Leo PTA with less than 300 HP fell off the crack in the ramp in the H9 area. Our full health E-75 tried to goomba stomp the PTA and failed hilariously, missing the target completely and bouncing a couple of times before totally exploding. Then a WZ-120 jumped off to try and actually did hit the PTA, but got stuck and was blown up shortly afterward.

I was laughing at these stupid pub heroes more than I could rage at them.
Old 2014-09-15, 23:00   Link #12770
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

How (not?) to play the ELC AMX on Prokhorovka:

YouTube
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 15:21   Link #12771
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
How (not?) to play the ELC AMX on Prokhorovka:

YouTube
Enemy team was clearly incompetent, when he was shooting from the center of the map there were countless times where competent players would've shot him to death. He'd probably have survived one hit since it was only tier 6, but still, that was suicidal. The rest of it only worked because he was in an ELC platoon with good cooperation and he was shooting full gold. (How the hell does an ELC platoon end up in a tier 6 match anyways?)
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 16:03   Link #12772
Newhope

You'd be surprised at how hard it is to hit a decent light tank player hill running on Prokhorovka, as long as you wait 6 seconds and don't pop up in the same place it's next to impossible to hit them without alot of luck.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 16:24   Link #12773
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Enemy team was clearly incompetent, when he was shooting from the center of the map there were countless times where competent players would've shot him to death. He'd probably have survived one hit since it was only tier 6, but still, that was suicidal. The rest of it only worked because he was in an ELC platoon with good cooperation and he was shooting full gold. (How the hell does an ELC platoon end up in a tier 6 match anyways?)
You clearly cannot comprehend the magical unicum force field that can curve the trajectory of enemy rounds, which is automatically activated by having a lucky winrate and paying for a premium account.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-16, 21:18   Link #12774
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
You'd be surprised at how hard it is to hit a decent light tank player hill running on Prokhorovka, as long as you wait 6 seconds and don't pop up in the same place it's next to impossible to hit them without alot of luck.
I'm quite aware, but that guy repeatedly popped up at the same spot (and even shot each time to make 100% sure he's visible) in relatively consistent short intervals. But the bigger issue is how much time he spends on the vulnerable side of the hill - long enough for someone to aim and shoot considering how predictable his movements were. The only reason I can imagine other than sheer incompetence is that the other two ELCs distracted the enemy enough to let him get away with it...though again, being distracted like that pretty much is incompetence.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 07:19   Link #12775
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

From this day,SPG prioritized me in all my matches T_T It must be XVM kill -.-"
Old 2014-09-17, 11:35   Link #12776
Gravitas Free Zone

Signs the server may have gone a little wonky: The lag indicator goes red and ping hits 999, and...

Images
Tanks levitating 20 meters into the air.

I was all set to shoot when it just... floated... into the sky.
Old 2014-09-17, 12:18   Link #12777
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Has anyone mentioned the ridiculous terrain passability of the new lights yet? Because it bears repeating:

YouTube
Old 2014-09-17, 13:59   Link #12778
Gravitas Free Zone

It's awesome and I hope it doesn't get nerfed. Because when I'm driving a light tank and every goddamn thing around can either one-shot me or has comparable/better vision range, I don't want to be constrained by stupid hills.

...though last night I did embarrass myself pretty badly when I drove the MT-25 at full speed off of a tiny hill and lost half the crew, the ammo rack, and the engine when I landed. Tiny. Like maybe a meter.
Old 2014-09-17, 15:38   Link #12779
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Same thing happens with the chaffee, I bumped over hills so small that only one track lifts off the ground and somehow still managed to track myself. Hell I can remember bumping into a little red tractor at top speed and killing myself in the process....

I may reinstall to try the new lights since I have around 40k xp with the chaffee that i never had the gold to convert.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 08:56   Link #12780
Gravitas Free Zone

Speaking of Chaffees:

YouTube

1. Directed by Michael Bay
2. So, 9.3 the week of September 29?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks