Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-18, 13:12   Link #12781
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Actual in-game video of the Chaffee sport.
Old 2014-09-19, 09:44   Link #12782
Gravitas Free Zone

XP grinding for the German Tier 8 light is completed. I never want to see the AFK Panther again. Though alarmingly, my terrible, terrible stats in it still managed to make it to a 58% level in terms of Marks of Excellence.

And on further reflection: The MT-25 is probably more annoying to use.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-09-19 at 12:53.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 14:12   Link #12783
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
XP grinding for the German Tier 8 light is completed. I never want to see the AFK Panther again. Though alarmingly, my terrible, terrible stats in it still managed to make it to a 58% level in terms of Marks of Excellence.

And on further reflection: The MT-25 is probably more annoying to use.
I probably will buy the MT-25 again, since I have like 45k xp sitting in it and grind the russian lights. Also I have my T-50-2MT-25 crew sitting in the barracks so the grind wont be so hard.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 22:13   Link #12784
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I'm still using the MT-25, and I recently began accumulating XP on it so I can get the LTTB when it comes out.

After the buffs, it now moves almost like the old T-50-2, actually. Quite a lot of fun, that.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 03:58   Link #12785
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

KV-85 is meh tank, I just tried it in test server
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 21:33   Link #12786
Gravitas Free Zone

Hey, at least I laughed: My side had a game of Abbey basically locked down, I was chasing arty in the MT-25 and the enemy M12 drove off the east road to drown itself. I went after it and tried to goomba stomp it in the water.

I had waaaaaaaaaaaay too much speed going into this. The tank ended up soaring through the air (while I was making Bruce Lee noises) and destroying itself on impact. I missed the M12 by about a foot, and it drowned anyway.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:43   Link #12787
Gravitas Free Zone

Maybe this will mean official skins.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-09-23, 06:42   Link #12788
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I just bought the vk 28.01 Cougar today. Seems troublesome lol because I forgot to put on 6th sense in it
Old 2014-09-24, 21:50   Link #12789
Gravitas Free Zone

9.3 comes to NA tomorrow, generally prepared with light tank XP.

Except for the MT-25, which has a little over 10000 XP to go. It's maintaining just over a 50% WR after taking a major hit in the last three days, during which I had horrible teams/maps to scout for or many, many, many occasions where trying to do damage against Tier 9s with a 57mm cannon just wasn't going to happen.

I also managed to kill my WR in the 110 while grinding up to the 100mm 62-100T, because the 122mm just doesn't cut it against Tier 10s either, and I had a stretch of unfortunate situations.

Despite the safety/late-game cleanup options produced by hanging back, I end up trying to lead. Because the last four days featured multiple occasions where the top tiers weren't just hanging back to save their purpleness for later, they were just hanging back in the corner in a giant lump, period.
Old 2014-09-25, 00:51   Link #12790
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It is kind of annoying that the refunded XP for owning a Chaffee is normal XP rather than free. I now have 16,000 combat XP on it with nothing left to unlock but I guess it is better than nothing.

I have unlocked the Ru 251 but probably won't play until more mods are working. The stock tracks allow you to mount vstab, optics, and vents but sadly doesn't have enough capacity for a gun rammer.
Old 2014-09-25, 09:26   Link #12791
Gravitas Free Zone

Since WG gave out all of the split/changed XP as regular XP and I'd hedged my bets by doing some extra grinding, I had 41000 extra XP on the Chaffee and 11000 XP on the KV-1. I do have enough gold to put that XP lump into a few suspension and turret upgrades along the way. And fortunately since I've been sitting on the LeoPTA for approximately forever, I already have the final engine there.

Will have to update mods later, and then finish destroying my WR with the MT-25 for another day or two before I unlock the LTTB; as much as I'd like to be out of the bastard child of the T-50-2 and a nerfbat, I'd rather keep the free XP for important things. I did get some better MM splitting of good friendly teams and horrible enemy teams later in the night, so the XP picked up.

There's still that horrifying realization when you break through the enemy lines, head for their base, and realize that due to bad player campage, there's an ISU-152 and an AT 15 just chilling back there. That resulted in some hilariously-terrifying circling while I waited for backup—ISU butter back armor and bad traverse, no problem. With the AT 15 vs. the 57mm gun, the best I could do was try to track it while trying to avoid accidentally ramming it.

Edited to add: The new, easier Marks of Excellence mechanism means that I flung the MT-25 into one test game, put two shots into a T20, got totally exploded... and came out of the game with a Mark. Well, at least I'll have that on the thing before I sell it.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-09-25 at 11:54. Reason: One more thing
Old 2014-09-25, 14:01   Link #12792
Newhope

Frist time I've played in well over a month, new patch is buggy as hell.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 14:35   Link #12793
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

played 3 games in the new patch before ditching it while AIOMOD gets updated. Anyway impressions:

-Buggy as f*ck
-New lights are broken, specially russians
-Invisitanking still hits hard
-Lagspikes out of f*cking nowhere
-Heavies being irrelevant

Superior Serbian programing at it's best.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 14:55   Link #12794
Newhope

Had to quit can't close the tank status thing during the game...

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 14:55   Link #12795
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
-New lights are broken, specially russians
Lights are horribly underpowered in pubs already, so releasing lights that are "OP" by current light standards can only be a good thing because it improves the class as a whole.

Would you play a T-54 LT over a T-54 when they see the same MM? Hell no, the increase in speed doesn't compensate for the terrible difference in HP, the loss of armor, and the pathetic firepower.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-25, 15:20   Link #12796
Gravitas Free Zone

Got my mods running without major incidents (not using XVM or AIOMOD). The thing I'm curious about is the report on FTR about having to manually download new HD textures.

The new achievement ribbons are amusing in that "Participation Award" kind of way. Though at least there are some minor bonuses for some of them.

Now debating whether I want to run the new lights with 90% crews and somewhat mismatched skills[1] or wait at least one (more likely two, maybe three) weeks for another crew training sale.[2]

1: Everybody's got camo, but a couple of tanks have drivers with driving qualifications instead of Smooth Ride, because they weren't shooter scouts, they were passive scouts. Everything new is some sort of shooter scout.

2: I might just do the thing where I spend the gold to 100% the commander and silver 90% everyone else.
Old 2014-09-26, 05:52   Link #12797
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

So far I got 3 skills in my IS-6 crew(I`ll be transferring it to IS-3 once it is fully upgraded and I`m keeping it for tournaments)
Old 2014-09-26, 09:11   Link #12798
Gravitas Free Zone

My string of sessions that start of sucky and get better or sessions that start sucky, get better, and then average off to sucky again continues.

Though I did finish grinding past the MT-25 and now have the LTTB, or as I've been calling it, the Lil' Teru Teru Bozu. So far the most fun I've had in it is to see what other scouts I can run down and ram. The gun (still grinding the final gun) has enough of a crippling Chinese depression problem that if I'm trying to chase something down while firing on the move and hit a bump, the reticle will wander off into the clouds.

Going to work on the American light line the old-fashioned way. Tried the T37's autoloader last night, thinking of at least trying the final regular 76mm gun instead. The T37 doesn't quite have the acceleration to go in, drop a clip, and easily retreat (plus it has that macrocephalic turret), so it may be safer, at a cost of about 200 DPM, to just poke repeatedly from the edges of combat with a regular gun (plus the final 76mm has more reliable pen by the numbers).

The SpahPanzer does look like fun. I finally movee my three-skill Pz38nA crew (except the radio operator) into something decent. Wish the gun was a bit louder, though; it sounds like I'm firing something out of the bottom of a trash can.
Old 2014-09-26, 10:22   Link #12799
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

@Endless Knackwurst: I had a little giggle at your new WoT username.

I really hope the good lights like the RU251 and LTTB don't get nerfed. Rather, all underperforming lights should be buffed to meet or surpass the standards set by them. Light tanks need to have some advantages over their medium counterparts to compensate for their crippling lack of alpha, penetration, armor and HP.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 11:35   Link #12800
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
@Endless Knackwurst: I had a little giggle at your new WoT username.
I needed something more cleverly-self-deprecating, since I've managed to destroy my performance ratings by cramming in dozens of useless scout games into the past couple of weeks.

Quote:
I really hope the good lights like the RU251 and LTTB don't get nerfed. Rather, all underperforming lights should be buffed to meet or surpass the standards set by them. Light tanks need to have some advantages over their medium counterparts to compensate for their crippling lack of alpha, penetration, armor and HP.
Might be salvageable if maps were a lot larger and the lights got a 10-20% buff in top view ranges over the competition. I'm sticking with this as my plan since it would also address the beef that the maps right now are feeling a bit small... and WG is "fixing" things by making everything into shooting-lane maps while they introduce new lights. Just how is that supposed to help?

I almost climbed the T37 up the steep side of the hill on Tundra. I wonder if one of the new lights actually can do it.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks