AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 12:06   Link #13141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I like the matchmaker on WoWP.

At this moment, a lower tier will only meet an opponent of one higher tier randomly. Never 2.

The graphics are superb on this thing (everything in HD). It runs smoothly, too. Doesn't have many players though. For the past weekend, I saw less than 1000.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 20:25   Link #13142
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
So the Lee has two gunners. But what's the purpose of the other one if the tank can only use one gun?

I think WG should tweak this tank a little bit.
Aced mine a while ago.

I`m starting to grind the Firefly. I already know how to play both of these M3s.

Here`s a thing you need to know : T110E4 is a heavy disguised as tank destroyer.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 09:04   Link #13143
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just a few modules away from unlocking the KV-1. Though my T-28 is getting raped in my recent battles.

I really need to practice angling...
Old 2015-01-06, 09:20   Link #13144
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Practicing angling in the T-28 is almost stupid since your armor is comprarable to a tier 1 armor (although you can try sidescrapping, but it's almost useless since everything bellow tier 5 is either a gun with good RoF, or a Howitzer). For the T-28 is better be oportunistic and take advantage of the speed and maneubravility of this tank. Also you can ram things to death. Also, for this tank use the 57mm. It shreds tanks like no tomorrow.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 09:30   Link #13145
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
For the T-28 is better be oportunistic and take advantage of the speed and maneubravility of this tank. Also you can ram things to death.
Now that you mention it, I haven't tried it. Care to share some tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Also, for this tank use the 57mm. It shreds tanks like no tomorrow.
Even those behemoths (KV and Church)?
Old 2015-01-06, 16:29   Link #13146
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The T-28 is basically a sniper tank that can't hide because its pretty big. The 57mm has decent pen at its tier and a good rof but low damage, so you just slowly pick away at targets from a distance. Pick cover carefully because its a pretty hard tank to keep covered.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 19:14   Link #13147
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well my crazy grind during the double experience event has been totally ruined by my internet connection going down. I've almost never had any drop-outs at all and now it decides to totally die and will be down for the rest of the event. I tried playing a few games via 3G on my phone but with 400ms and data limits I think I'll get to play much.
Old 2015-01-06, 20:24   Link #13148
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Fist game, first match : Aced Pz. II D lol
Old 2015-01-06, 21:01   Link #13149
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:

Eagle, you can talk to me ingame or in forums. Just add me in your contacts if you need an advice
Old 2015-01-06, 21:03   Link #13150
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
Eagle, you can talk to me ingame or in forums. Just add me in your contacts if you need an advice
OK. What's your IGN, again?
Old 2015-01-06, 21:11   Link #13151
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
It's fast, so... hit things with it. Just keep in mind that the nonexistent frontal armor will mean that the T-28 may/will suffer a significant amount of damage to itself in the process. Avoid ramming anything heavier than you, or with very thick armor in the area that you're ramming.

Ramming damage is based on speed and mass, but the effect is modeled as a high-explosive explosion at the impact site. This means that in many cases you're guaranteed to do at least some damage, but if you're grossly out-armored or -weighed, you will just end up embarrassing yourself.

That said, the T-28 is fast enough to run down some scouts and do considerable damage to them.

Quote:
The 57mm can reliably penetrate frontal weakspots on the KV and Churchill with standard ammo, and has a moderate chance of going through the thick parts (always a better idea to aim, of course). The APCR ammo will go through just about anything you will face (as long as it's not angled).

The problem is that the 57mm inflicts very little damage, so you don't want to sit and pound it out with a tank with more HP but better damage per shot. Poke at distracted enemies or keep moving.

Or, to look at it from the other side, if I'm driving almost anything serious and see a T-28, I know that I can penetrate it almost anywhere without aiming, and if I don't have any other pressing issues in the area, it'll be easy to rip apart quickly. If I have to deal with two or three larger tanks and the T-28, it'll slip down the threat list.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 22:13   Link #13152
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
OK. What's your IGN, again?
USN_Fletcher
Old 2015-01-07, 09:11   Link #13153
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

M12 Ace: Because you don't carry an entire game in an arty every day.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 17:41   Link #13154
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'll try to play a TD line. Any tips?
Old 2015-01-07, 19:34   Link #13155
Gravitas Free Zone

TD lines up to Tier 5... they're pretty jumbled in the lower tiers, few of the available TD lines distinctly show their nation's typical attributes until at least tier 5.

In general, TDs have good camouflage values when not shooting; not as good as light tanks, but better than the other classes. They're not meant to fire on the move and typically do not have turrets; they're supposed to sit back from the frontline and snipe (some exceptions). If you get a 100% starting crew, put everyone camouflage skill training.

Probably the easiest line to pick up now would be the new British TD line, because it's actually American Lend-Lease normal tanks up to tier 6, so you'll have turrets on everything except the M3 Grant—but you get the 6-pdr gun as an option on the Grant, and after that is another Sherman and the Sherman Firefly.

The old British TD line has wildly-different vehicles in each tier from 2 to 4, then becomes a series of slow, ugly, armor lumps with high rate of fire but poor per-shot damage. They used to be a lot more effective, now people know their weakspots well.

The American TD line starts with two turretless derpgun tanks and splits at tier 4 into a slower but better-armored line (some with turrets, some without) and a faster turreted line. Very popular vehicles here between tier 4 to 6; after that the outcome will be highly skill-dependent.

The German TD line starts with two turretless sniper tanks and then splits at tier 4 into the turretless Hetzer-StuG-famous-vehicles-of-WWII line, gaining considerable armor at higher tiers, and a line of turretless and then turreted very-thinly-armored sniper vehicles.

The Soviet TD line is turretless snipers with no armor up to Tier 5, then gets gets progressively better armor as the tiers go up, though its effectiveness is still heavily-reliant on sloped armor. At tier 7 the line splits into a slower line with increasingly-ridiculously-powerful guns but terrible aim time and average speed, or a faster line with better rate of fire and accuracy, but lesser damage, and hardly anyone uses them.

The French TD line has an average TD at tier 2, a very small but potentially-very-annoying TD at tier 3, the worst tier 4 TD of all at tier 4, a ridiculously-powerful, game-winning, trollcannon-armed... but slow... vehicle at tier 5, the worst tier 6 TD of all at tier 6, and then four tiers of wedge-shaped fast TDs that are tricky to penetrate from the front, but have no side armor and are stupidly big.

Edited to add:

Inexplicably won 11 games in a row during the last 2 nights, almost all of them in the Firefly. This has helped regain some ground in the slow erosion of my win rate over the preceding three months. And according to wotlabs, at least, my overall WN8 has hit 1800.

...freakin' stats.

Images
Why I can't relax and just drive stupid tanks for fun.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2015-01-07 at 22:52.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 05:14   Link #13156
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I finally got my internet back but not even a day later the Perth to Singapore cable was damaged again leaving Australia with 250+ ping for another month or more.

On the bright side I managed to finish the grind for the WZ-111 although I took a pretty major hit in win rate doing it. UK and China were the hardest considering all I had to use were the Cromwell and Type 64.

Old 2015-01-08, 05:48   Link #13157
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Great. The game suddenly crashes after the loading screen shows up.

Any advice?
Old 2015-01-08, 06:47   Link #13158
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Great. The game suddenly crashes after the loading screen shows up.

Any advice?
If it is happening every single time it is normally a mod causing it. You may need to delete your res_mods folder and start again.

I had the occasional crash at loading screen until I updated XVM.
Old 2015-01-08, 07:22   Link #13159
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I'll try that. Thanks.
Old 2015-01-08, 11:48   Link #13160
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I'll try to play a TD line. Any tips?
Do you have patience? Playing a TD needs patience.

The only TD that encourages aggressive play is the E-25.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks