AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-19, 09:38   Link #13201
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Is there a deadline for completing personal missions?
Old 2015-01-19, 09:55   Link #13202
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Too bad it won't offset the freefall I've experienced since the IMs began. Was at 56.47%, now at 56.41%.
There was a time when I would laugh at someone for considering a couple hundredths of a percent to be a freefall. Now I watch that shit like a hawk myself.

This game does things to your mind, man.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:33   Link #13203
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Is there a deadline for completing personal missions?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
There was a time when I would laugh at someone for considering a couple hundredths of a percent to be a freefall. Now I watch that shit like a hawk myself.

This game does things to your mind, man.
My current internet connection is so godforsakenly awful that usually it reaches an erratic 300-999 ping, lags for 5 seconds, and/or completely shuts off for several minutes to an hour in the middle of a battle. I used to be anal about WN8 and winrate, but now I give much less of a damn and I just seek to improve my play and grind credits and crews.

But it does really suck getting outplayed in peek-a-boo by 400 WN8 players who are blessed with fantastic internet. It does encourage me to flank more so I can aim in on the sides or backsides of tanks who have their guns pointed away from me, as long as I don't drive off a cliff or into a lake while attempting to do so of course.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:43   Link #13204
Newhope

Not even going to bother with the personal missions I have zero interest in platooning.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 11:57   Link #13205
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post

My current internet connection is so godforsakenly awful that usually it reaches an erratic 300-999 ping, lags for 5 seconds, and/or completely shuts off for several minutes to an hour in the middle of a battle. I used to be anal about WN8 and winrate, but now I give much less of a damn and I just seek to improve my play and grind credits and crews.

But it does really suck getting outplayed in peek-a-boo by 400 WN8 players who are blessed with fantastic internet. It does encourage me to flank more so I can aim in on the sides or backsides of tanks who have their guns pointed away from me, as long as I don't drive off a cliff or into a lake while attempting to do so of course.
Grinding credits is for suckers. You should be a hypocrite like me and give Wargaming a bunch of money while continuing to complain how much they suck. Why limit yourself to premium tanks when you can buy EVERY tank with real money?! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go swim in my pile of gold that I bought with my last shred of dignity and sense of self-worth.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 20:38   Link #13206
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go swim in my pile of gold that I bought with my last shred of dignity and sense of self-worth.
On a related note, the BT-SV looks like a bespectacled angry duck even more so than the AMX 40.

Images
Yeah, I bought one.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But I stopped myself from getting the Großtraktor and Panther88 despite owning every other German premium medium. In the first case because ehhhhhhhh and in the second case because it's still too expensive for its blandness.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 20:46   Link #13207
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
But I stopped myself from getting the Großtraktor and Panther88 despite owning every other German premium medium. In the first case because ehhhhhhhh and in the second case because it's still too expensive for its blandness.
FCM 50t is still the best available tier 8 premium medium. It has preferential MM and it still works better than the Panther 88.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 21:14   Link #13208
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Can someone explain to me how to destroy/damage modules?
Old 2015-01-19, 22:06   Link #13209
Newhope

Quote:
Can someone explain to me how to destroy/damage modules?
Aim for weak spots basically, example would be driver view ports which most of the time kill the driver.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 22:34   Link #13210
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
FCM 50t is still the best available tier 8 premium medium. It has preferential MM and it still works better than the Panther 88.
I think the point most people make is that every Tier 8 premium could work better than the Panther 88, especially for the high initial dollar value.
Old 2015-01-20, 02:59   Link #13211
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I've finished some missions, but the requirements for the StuG IV is still 0/20.

What gives?
Old 2015-01-20, 04:00   Link #13212
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I've finished some missions, but the requirements for the StuG IV is still 0/20.

What gives?
The 0/20 isn't missions, it is the token things you get for completing the 15th mission for each tank type.
Old 2015-01-20, 09:53   Link #13213
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:

What gives?
To clarify what Desu has said, that 0/20 is the number of commendations you have received and by completing all 15 missions for a specific tank type gets you 4 commendations with an extra 1 earned if you complete all of then with honours (if you complete both the primary and secondary objectives for each mission) which means that you won't have to do all 5 mission sets, but that does mean that you won't get all the available female crew.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 07:36   Link #13214
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
On a related note, the BT-SV looks like a bespectacled angry duck even more so than the AMX 40.

Images
Yeah, I bought one.

The only difference between the BT-SV and the AMX 40 is that the BT-SV actually moves while the AMX 40 crawls around the map, but the only special premium tank you should avoid is the panzer II J as (from what I've heard) the only way you can pan anything in that tank is to use gold ammo and if you're paying for it with credits you'll always end up losing money in every match you use it in.

In other news, it seems like there are some really loose meanings in the missions especially with medium tank mission 4 where it looks like it means that you have to track an enemy tank and then damage it to complete the primary part but...

Images
It looks like it can be completed in one shot
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 10:26   Link #13215
KBTKaiser

yeah, I pulled the track and damage enemy mission for both my light and my TD in one battle each.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 18:04   Link #13216
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

It took me 2 battles in my TD to finish that mission...

Anyways, I finally started HT missions with my newly-bought KV-1.
Old 2015-01-22, 07:54   Link #13217
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just had a weird game recently. I bounced a shot from a KV-1. In a Lee.
Maybe I'm just lucky...

By the way, any tips on grinding a not-so-stock KV-1?
Old 2015-01-22, 11:24   Link #13218
Gravitas Free Zone

It may be tempting to go full-out Soviet style and rush headlong into battle, but the KV-1's view range is horrible, so be careful exposing yourself on the front line if the other team has many vehicles with a good view range. An SU-85B or T40 can take off most of your health before you even see them.

Wiggling and hull-down can help hide the well-known and not-too-difficult-to-hit driver weak spot up front. Otherwise angling will take care of many shells from lower tiers and helps out greatly against better guns. Avoid exposing the back half of your tank perpendicularly to anything with a real gun; the KV-1's fuel system burns reasonably easily. As a whole, the maneuverability is sluggish enough that you need to mind your flanks.

Guns:

The 76mm is rubbish, of course.

The 57mm has good penetration with standard AP, excellent penetration with APCR, an average aim time, good accuracy and a very good rate of fire (it will reload before you can aim in fully). It has very low damage, though. It can easily shred lower tiers while they bounce off the KV's armor, but takes too long to do significant damage against higher-tier tanks to attempt any 1v1 engagement. It does work out excellently as a support weapon in those situations, though, taking out tracks and getting critical hits while your teammates do more damage.

The 85mm is a reasonable compromise; it offers much better damage output and has better penetration with standard AP, which handles its own tier well and is credible in higher-tier battles. The other gun handling characteristics are generally worse though.

The 122mm is a cute trollcannon against lower tiers, but is typically wildly-variable against higher tiers. The long reload time means that it is best used in peekaboo shooting; in a stand-up fight the reload time is far too long.
Old 2015-01-24, 04:04   Link #13219
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I finally got my mastery badge in my Object 140 despite being left on 12hp and 0 kills at the 11 minute mark of the game.

Images
large

Sadly my attempts to fix my win rate in this tank by platooning have failed so far. Apparently I should just try play as carefully as I do when I'm left with 12hp all the time.
Old 2015-01-24, 12:59   Link #13220
Gravitas Free Zone

Individual Missions is bringing all of the annoyances of other games' grinding for achievements in public games to World of Tanks. Probably the most popular collision of requirements is the heavy tank and light tank base capture missions versus the light and medium tank kill an SPG missions, since the heavies (and occasionally lights) will plant themselves on the enemy base while the mediums and other lights go chasing the last surviving SPG all over the map. Alternatively, it'll be the SPG counter-battery mission vs. the capturing mission and the last surviving SPG will be blown up by an opposing SPG while the capture is going on.

The capturing mission is much more difficult to get a proper set of circumstances for vs. the kill-a-type mission, so it would be nice for other people to defer to that goal.

I tried turning public chat back on to see if I could coordinate that.

The results were disappointing.

Random aside: I got an Invader medal in a SPG... again.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks