Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-08-03, 08:36   Link #241
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
fix your rudder to drive in circles and then fire off. Use the crappy fact that half of Kawachi's guns can only shoot to one side to your advantage.
You can use that trick on the tier 3 and 4 US cruisers to keep all the guns firing (you fire off one salvo, and wait for the ship to turn around so that the guns on the other side are facing the target and let the second salvo go then lather, rinse and repeat since the guns on one side are reloading as the other side is getting ready to fire).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 15:58   Link #242
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Meh couldn't be arsed putting up with the Phoenix so saved just enough for Omaha research then by passed it with free exp and got my Cleveland and boy is it good.

The gun spam is great, it's got such good acc to begin with, I won't need the acc upgrade and just go for reload I think.

Current ship roster is St Louis, Cleveland, Kuma, Kongo, Fuso and Aoba.
I have 1 spare slot thats reserved for the Nagato, just 15k away from that.
Keeping the St Louis, Kongo and Fuso, just not sure if I want to keep Kuma or not, I like it alot but I have the St Louis so dunno if I should bother keeping the Kuma and maybe try out the CVs.
Old 2015-08-04, 19:57   Link #243
YF19EX

My roster consist of:
St Louis, Phoenix, Omaha, New York, Cleveland and the Murmansk. Right now I find myself between my Murmansk and Cleveland most of the time. I have not touched my NY since last week.

My premium runs out in 15 days or so, so I figure I will pick up some doubloons when that ends, to pick up another month and to convert some free exp. That's the only way I will probably progress to the New Mexico if I continue down the BB tree at the moment.

I spend so much to get the Cleveland and have little time to game while the work week is going, I'm just trying to build up money to get all the upgrades and modules for the Cleveland.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 04:20   Link #244
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Murmansk is a good money making ship. Any premium ships can too, but Murmansk has the best net credits earned per match.

And don't forget that Mikasa bundle is coming soon to NA while it's now available on EU and RU regions.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 09:25   Link #245
YF19EX

I toured the IJN Mikasa 2 years ago. Due to her disrepair during the war, only about 40% of the true ship remains. The internals are pretty well museum presentation rooms. The aft end was converted to a theatre. The ship herself is in cased in a concrete dock off the water. Does make for easy preservation. Another year or so before that, I got to the Yamato museum in Kure. Let me see if I can scrounge some pics this weekend.
Old 2015-08-06, 21:36   Link #246
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Murmansk is a good money making ship. Any premium ships can too, but Murmansk has the best net credits earned per match.
This is all true, but you forgot the best thing Murmansk allows you to do:

RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 01:40   Link #247
Tiberium Wolf

I found this situation troubling. My team 2 Hiryu and the other team 1 Hiryu and 1 Zuiho. My fighters wasn't able to catch torp or bomber planes. I was WTF... How come my 143 knots fighters can't catch a 126 or 111 knot plane?
Old 2015-08-15, 14:02   Link #248
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I found this situation troubling. My team 2 Hiryu and the other team 1 Hiryu and 1 Zuiho. My fighters wasn't able to catch torp or bomber planes. I was WTF... How come my 143 knots fighters can't catch a 126 or 111 knot plane?
I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, but the listed speed for torpers and bombers are when they are carrying their load. After dropping their torps/bombs they become faster.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 06:07   Link #249
Tiberium Wolf

Before and after I couldn't catch them.

Anyway... At VII now and it's hard to get credits. If you get damage the repair cost so much.
Old 2015-08-16, 16:03   Link #250
YF19EX

That's what people are reporting from tier 7 or 8 and up you had better be on your game or better have some credit building ships in reserve to repair that Iowa when it sinks.
Old 2015-08-16, 22:04   Link #251
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Before and after I couldn't catch them.

Anyway... At VII now and it's hard to get credits. If you get damage the repair cost so much.
Not only that, but also the upgrade costs too. Net credits earned per match are getting lesser at higher tier matches if you perform badly.

It's advisable to keep middle tiers ships to earn more money. Even more so if you have premiums.

I heard that there would be a unified profile by merging WoT, WoWP and WoWS altogether with unified economies WG is working on. We yet to find out how would it work.
Old 2015-08-16, 22:59   Link #252
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I barely break even with my tier 9 destroyer on a premium account meaning I have to grind ~13,000,000 credits elsewhere if I want to purchase the Shimakaze. Considering how shitty destroyers are currently and the upcoming rudder shift time buff to all classes I don't think I'll even bother.
Old 2015-08-21, 21:20   Link #253
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So while I do lament the suckiness that is the stock Fuso at times, there are moments when you do well and get this:

See that Farragut I killed? He was going on and on about how I was "h4xx" and "landed all shots on him"... despite the fact that the record shows I only landed 2 shots on him, and it was at rather close range. Well, it was HE and all, but he didn't expect to get hit, let alone blown up in a single salvo from a BB.

I.E. Cry some more dood

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 21:49   Link #254
YF19EX

I finally got my Arsonist badge, I burned out a Wyoming with my Cleveland at the limit of my guns shooting over multiple mountain ranges before he could even get a clear shot. Burned him from stem to stern.
Old 2015-08-23, 14:15   Link #255
CrisGer-San
Anime Production

I have not had a chance to even look at this title but it looks from the chat here like it is a version of the old game "battleship" with players using individual ships of whatever type as individual combat units, their correspondence to the historic types is merely cosmetic.The ships do not operate in fleets or units or in anything like historic conditions. I have heard the models are fairly accurate and the graphics are nice..but it is too bad the effort didn't go into making a real surface naval game. We could still use a decent one in the lines of the Silent Hunter series but with surface ships and actual naval air that could fight each other and were not just targets for submarine action.
CrisGer-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 16:04   Link #256
YF19EX

This game is very much a 3rd person shooter with ships. You still have to play with tactics and team cooperation to win. A lone ships is very much dead if it encounters the enemy fleet.

The closest game I ever came to playing in terms of historical accuracy was Strategic Simulations Battles of the North Atlantic back in the 90s.
Old 2015-08-23, 23:58   Link #257
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisGer-San View Post
I have not had a chance to even look at this title but it looks from the chat here like it is a version of the old game "battleship" with players using individual ships of whatever type as individual combat units, their correspondence to the historic types is merely cosmetic.The ships do not operate in fleets or units or in anything like historic conditions. I have heard the models are fairly accurate and the graphics are nice..but it is too bad the effort didn't go into making a real surface naval game. We could still use a decent one in the lines of the Silent Hunter series but with surface ships and actual naval air that could fight each other and were not just targets for submarine action.
World of Warships, like World of Tanks and World of Warplanes before it, is a PvP multiplayer game. Of course there isn't going to be fleets or task forces here, because doing so will depend on how well the players cooperate with each other, and other gameplay considerations.

The appeal of games like these is that the vehicles that the players use conform (to the limit of gameplay mechanics and balance) more or less to their historical counterparts, and as such you get battles impossible to witness in real life, like a Tiger II vs a Centurion, or the USS Montana vs the Yamato.

Expecting a game like this to be a naval fleet simulator is really asking the wrong thing of it, like playing Call of Duty while complaining that it doesn't play like Red Orchestra.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-08-24, 00:10   Link #258
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
World of Warships, like World of Tanks and World of Warplanes before it, is a PvP multiplayer game. Of course there isn't going to be fleets or task forces here, because doing so will depend on how well the players cooperate with each other, and other gameplay considerations.

The appeal of games like these is that the vehicles that the players use conform (to the limit of gameplay mechanics and balance) more or less to their historical counterparts, and as such you get battles impossible to witness in real life, like a Tiger II vs a Centurion, or the USS Montana vs the Yamato.

Expecting a game like this to be a naval fleet simulator is really asking the wrong thing of it, like playing Call of Duty while complaining that it doesn't play like Red Orchestra.
Random battle is the only way for PvP match. But there's an option to create a division with friends online or with random people. Besides, the idea of team matchmaking for community warfare has been taken to consideration for WoWs for several times. It requires a hefty workloads to get it right, however.
Old 2015-08-25, 22:09   Link #259
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I finally made it despite Destroyers being the most frustrating and least useful class in the game
Old 2015-08-28, 01:40   Link #260
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I finally made it despite Destroyers being the most frustrating and least useful class in the game
1. How did you manage to get to Tier X if destroyers are so frustrating?
2. Considering all of the games I've been where destroyers have literally been the deciding factor of the battles, I contest the statement that Destroyers are the least useful class in the game... and this is speaking as a Battleship driver.

Tags
naval warfare, warships