AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-02, 19:53   Link #981
Rasty

^ I would like 4th season, but I fear your hopes will come true. It is unlikely this season will be successful and they clearly had a too low budget even for this one, so them doing another is... unlikely.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 20:47   Link #982
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I really wish they'd make a (singleplayer) game out of this where you can fight against Ainz.

Also that one killed me:

"Momon to Albedo(nutshell version): "Wicked woman like you will never get married."

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 20:55   Link #983
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 21:10   Link #984
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Gazef just threw his life away Ainz really didnt hold back at all

6/10 The CG was so bad at the end
Old 2018-10-02, 21:10   Link #985
Yan3242

Final episode is here and overall its an okay one to end this season. Gazef either want to ceate future for them or he really just tired and went "fuck this shit iam out" route

I really want them to show how ainz rule the country though, but i guess they save it for the opening scene for season 4
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 22:36   Link #986
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

If things keep going the way they are, then I assume season 4 will just be the animation studio panning across the manga and releasing it as that.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 01:03   Link #987
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Was that even a fight?

And so it ends.. I've watched the weekly episodes of this series at least 3 times each week, I don't think any other series will make me want to do that again, this one's special.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 01:42   Link #988
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ahahaha I retracted my statement about Gazef...
surely you're maintaining your pride and honor.. but getting out like that is just shameful, embarrassing, pitiful

Nazarick's plot seems perfect toward the conquest of E-Rantel
They put Renner and second prince as their ally inside imperial families
Eliminate the crown prince
Put Momon as the justice enforcer in E-Rantel which means every rebellion must go through Momon (this one is kinda tough... people might lose their beliefs if Momon keep rejecting or failing their rebellion plot)
Put a strong statement toward all enemies... At this point, I believe their only challenges are former heroes and non-human kingdom.. most likely those demon-worshipper, undead, immortal beings, half-god, deities, etc. Must be tough from here

Poor Albedo though.. She would never get married

and Demiurge blushes when Ainz asked them to call him as Ainz... so cute

For Brain Unglaus, surprise! now you'll see Shalltear walked around in the city and you still couldn't do anything

I hope they have season 4.. I think everything would start to get interesting
I saw some spoilers about how well Albedo and Renner getting along.. I want to see it
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 03:53   Link #989
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Nazarick's plot seems perfect toward the conquest of E-Rantel
They put Renner and second prince as their ally inside imperial families
Eliminate the crown prince
Put Momon as the justice enforcer in E-Rantel which means every rebellion must go through Momon (this one is kinda tough... people might lose their beliefs if Momon keep rejecting or failing their rebellion plot)
The idea of using Momon to ease the natural negative feelings the conquered usually have towards the new leaders, will give time to Nazarick to prove that their leadership is indeed so great, everyone else will bow to have them as rulers . At least, i think that's where Ainz is going with "his plan" of taking over the world without getting too many enemies. Demiurge is actually the mastermind behind this. The most sadistic of them all..lol
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 04:40   Link #990
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Momon is only meant to hold down the discontent in the short term. The idea is to actually raising the quality of life of the citizens, and slowly decreasing rebellious thoughts.

Remember, Ainz doesn't physically want to harm the citizens in town. He doesn't even need them for money, conscription or labour. He just needed the town because that is what he needed to start a nation. The Tomb itself can't serve as a city because entry by outsiders is extremely restricted.

In the end, it is all about setting up the model for the future. If they are going to conquer the continent, they had to start deciding how the conquered cities would be managed. Laws, regulations, bureaucracy. Things that a city need that the Tomb didn't have. They have to set it all up.
Old 2018-10-03, 05:24   Link #991
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
^
It probably will be, there are a few things you need to consider though:

a) he was heavily outnumbered
b) he didn't have ANY of the items he has at the moment
c) the Sunlight scripture was rather aware of him being there

Gazef has a surprisingly low level btw. I would have guessed he is at least as strong as Blue Rose, if not stronger.
ainz fought one vs sunlight scripture mob, including their trump card, and still steamrolled over them.
ainz didn't use any of his super tier spells or world items. his battle with the sunlight scriptures is little more than an experiment.
ye, but would that change anything if they were aware of ainz being there? after ainz used negative burst, none of them fled or called for help so nothing changed.

brain was strong enough to do nail clipping on shaltear.
ainz took down hamuske with just his despair aura and allowed clementine to attack him until he bearhug her to death.

In the end, everything goes as planned.
Ainz gets E-rantel.

The emperor's plan backfired as planned. I suppose his citizens will blame him for the planned massacre as he is the one suggesting to ainz to use his strongest spell.

Fluder profit!

the useless first prince is removed so the second prince should become the successor.
let's hope he can unite the nobility faction and royalty faction as one.
Old 2018-10-03, 08:45   Link #992
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I hoped they'd at least leave the part in where they blame the Slane Theocracy for brainwashing the stone-throwing kid to make the population hate them, because the population has a grudge against Kingdom and Empire for obvious reasons, so the Slane Theocracy is the most dangerous in terms of having spies causing trouble in the city. I thought taking off the heat off the Sorcery Kingdom like this was really great, so it's a bit of a shame that they left it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Isn't that fairly far later on? I don't know whether the anime will make it so far.
AFAIK it's in Slime LN volume 5 and with the usual LN adaptation pace of anime which is around 4 episodes on average (which Overlord also mostly used) and the Slime anime has 24 episodes, so it should be enough to even reach LN volume 6. So yea I think the "parts that remind you of Overlord" will be present in the Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken anime somewhere close to the end (and also a bit in the Orc Lord arc earlier).
Hm? Burning chunks of human meat? Nah, that's just your imagination, this is just a little solar energy experiment coupled with a test for Clark's Third Law - a science experiment, I tell you!
Old 2018-10-03, 08:53   Link #993
Forever
Revealing the truth

7.5/10 This series could have been great at the hands of another studio...
Old 2018-10-03, 09:37   Link #994
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I think it's funny how if the whole "morality debate" hadn't only started at the very end of the third season, this series might have gotten its own sub-forum already.

It was quite similar to Aldnoah.Zero, which had similar discussions, but these discussions started much earlier in the story, so it got its own sub-forum.
Old 2018-10-03, 13:59   Link #995
kari-no-sugata II

This is a fairly simple analysis video rather than a comprehensive analysis video but I think it's interesting and worth the time.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 17:38   Link #996
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 13 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 05:53   Link #997
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I would actually enjoy another season, because for some reason, all Yen Press LNs, and probably all LNs together are no longer in the google play store in my region...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 07:20   Link #998
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I think it's funny how if the whole "morality debate" hadn't only started at the very end of the third season, this series might have gotten its own sub-forum already.

It was quite similar to Aldnoah.Zero, which had similar discussions, but these discussions started much earlier in the story, so it got its own sub-forum.
because it is more of a human supremacist standards than a "morality" issue.
if it were the latter, we would have hear an outcry since S1 with the despicable sunlight scriptures illegally invading and killing innocent villagers in order to assassinate gazef. because ainz saved gazef from being murdered and he was attacked first, they kept silent.
they continued to remain silent to all the immoral acts done by humans and even when the first prince, who was implied to be associated with eight fingers, has no issue torturing villagers and razing a village just because they didn't grovel at his feet at the first opportunity.
Old 2018-10-04, 07:45   Link #999
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

If you really think that then you misunderstand the whole argument. Most of the outcry is because some people claiming Ainz is somehow a good guy. People weren't saying anything about humans doing evil things because we all know it's evil and nobody contested that. We're not complaining that Ainz isn't acting as a virtuous hero. Most people here are actually OKAY with Ainz being evil, it's that kind of show after all. Some of us would even root gleefully when he's being awesomely evil. But we know it's evil and we're not trying to sugar coat anything he does with some neutral-morality and "he's-not-human-so-doesn't-count" bullshit.
Old 2018-10-04, 09:09   Link #1000
J4n1

Ainz is an evil overlord, who is taking over the world.
That's kinda the premise of the whole damn thing, nobody is surprised about that.
Problems start when people start arguing that Ainz is actually the good guy, he is not, he is the villain.

He has his virtues, politeness, hard worker, compassion to those who serve him, keeps his word (kinda, sorta, mostly, usually, if not too inconvenient), and so on, but he is not the good guy, and the only reason he is planning to do any good, is to aggrandize himself and his old friends.
An argument can be made that, if/when Ainz takes over the world, the world will be a lot better place for quite a lot of people.
But argument that Ainz is a noble hero is, quite honestly, a non starter and misguided at best.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote