AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-09, 13:58   Link #641
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’m not even looking for them and I’ve seen plenty of people thinking and saying it, from ANN to YouTube.

Not surprisingly as I mentioned before, I also see people trying to let Akane off the hook by saying she hasn’t killed real people or people who matter/are just programs. Though at least that part isn’t terribly widespread.
Actually we do not know if everyone is self aware. Team Gridman come from outside and it might have been interacting with them that "woke-up" the 3 npc's like with Anti.

That would explain some of Akane's actions as well. She made her play city where everyone loved her but as time went on she got bored with that and started breaking things. Like she said everyone was programmed to love everything about her but none of it was "real". That is why she made the dream worlds to make friends with the 3 "real" npc's and why failing broke her. Another telling thing in those worlds was her willingness to trade sex for companionship and general lack of interpersonal skills.

I think Akane made the city to escape from a world where she was a friendless loner.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 14:25   Link #642
James Rye

So Akane thought the whole time Yuta was Gridman himself and when she found out Gridman was an old computer and Yuta just a vessel then she had no problems killing him because he's not Gridman. So what is the deal with Gridman and Akane then?
Old 2018-12-09, 14:33   Link #643
Requiem-x
The slacking one

First and foremost, that scene of the gang walking to Akane's house only for it to be next door is absolutely amazing, even if it wasn't out of nowhere (I do remember Akane saying she moved in close to Rikka's house, but I still didn't see that coming).

Rest of the episode, down to the final part, I must pay, was pure sentai/PR goodness! I know that's how it's always been so far, but something about this episode felt so special, from Akane clearly losing her mind, to that creepy abomination of a kaiju, to Anti finally going the full Rival Route, even becoming a second Gridman to save the first one... actually, this episode got me so good probably becuse it actually reminded me of Power Rangers beyond the giant monsters, like having one that the heroes simply cannot deal with, to the HQ being invaded, all staples of pretty much every PR season ever (Not sure if this is how it goes with its respective Sentai equivalents, though). I truly felt like going back to the past, in a good way.

Don't remember someone going full Kotonoha in any PR season, though!

Edit: Ok, I forgot momentarily, but Anti going "I can see through your heart, Shinjou Akane"!" was Sentai as hell, from what I've seen, and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh wow, they actually use Gridknight, the old concept that's scrapped from the original show. Awesome! Keep on using those good scrapped concept, Trigger! Also, congratulations to Anti. He finally gets his well-deserved break. We may not have Dyna Dragon in this series, but Gridknight is here in its place.

And do I even need to say that the plot thickens even more in this episode? Nah, everyone can already see that. Onwards to Yuuta's memories!
Ok, I'm didn't even watch the original (only the american version), but that's awesome That's how you pay tribute to a classic while also having some fun (Pretty sure the Yamato remake did something along those lines).

At this point, i think Akane's memories are what really matters, but I could be wrong. Either way, I hope we get some answers at last.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2018-12-09 at 16:32.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 01:34   Link #644
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am tired of people asking this question, so I'll ask my my own: the world in the anime isn't real and neither are the characters, then what's the point of watching the anime, any anime? The worlds aren't real , the characters aren't actual people yet you still care, why?
please don't assume i was trying to hate on the show or something, i do believe i have a legitimate question here. so far, we've learned that this digital reality and its inhabitants were made solely for the sake of akane. it can also be questioned as to whether the main cast are living beings or just computer programs designed to act and think in certain ways. based on this, if nothing of this world is real, if none of its inhabitants exists or are not living beings, if its all really just computer programs and code, then whats the point of fighting for it? why fight for something that may not be real? and if they beat akane, for whom this reality was created for, then what? will this digital reality be deleted? or will the digital reality continue to function, but never changing, all the characters remaining as forever high school students?
what i was worried about was, if this world isn't real, then there would be no stakes to drive the plot forward nor a purpose or end goal to fight for. of course all of this is based on the assumption that the world and the main cast are nothing but computer code, the next episodes will have new revelations. but basically this is what i was trying to ask earlier.
and to chosen hero, i am aware these are fictional characters. the reason why i get invested in their stories is because, for me, these characters exist and live within their stories. however, if its shown, within the context of the story, that the main cast may not actually be living beings at all, i might find it hard to invest in their stories because, as i explained before, there may be no stakes or purpose driving the story.
of course this is all just my opinion and thoughts, feel free to disagree, just don't hate on me. i don't know what the other people asked before, i'm not trying to be irritating and i believed i had a legitimate question there.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 01:55   Link #645
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 03:57.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 02:25   Link #646
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
please don't assume i was trying to hate on the show or something, i do believe i have a legitimate question here. so far, we've learned that this digital reality and its inhabitants were made solely for the sake of akane. it can also be questioned as to whether the main cast are living beings or just computer programs designed to act and think in certain ways. based on this, if nothing of this world is real, if none of its inhabitants exists or are not living beings, if its all really just computer programs and code, then whats the point of fighting for it? why fight for something that may not be real? and if they beat akane, for whom this reality was created for, then what? will this digital reality be deleted? or will the digital reality continue to function, but never changing, all the characters remaining as forever high school students?
what i was worried about was, if this world isn't real, then there would be no stakes to drive the plot forward nor a purpose or end goal to fight for. of course all of this is based on the assumption that the world and the main cast are nothing but computer code, the next episodes will have new revelations. but basically this is what i was trying to ask earlier.
and to chosen hero, i am aware these are fictional characters. the reason why i get invested in their stories is because, for me, these characters exist and live within their stories. however, if its shown, within the context of the story, that the main cast may not actually be living beings at all, i might find it hard to invest in their stories because, as i explained before, there may be no stakes or purpose driving the story.
of course this is all just my opinion and thoughts, feel free to disagree, just don't hate on me. i don't know what the other people asked before, i'm not trying to be irritating and i believed i had a legitimate question there.
the problem is "our concept of living being", what is a "living being for your???, remember matrix movie where the robots gained free will over time and conquered the world??? remember which they where still "codes", they minds where pretty much still codes and that is the point if "that code can evolve" to a free will which can take decisions for it self and have a sense of "life" then it is alive no???, just because it is a "virtual world" don't means which it can't evolve to become a "alive world" just inside they "virtual universe but still a world.
Old 2018-12-10, 03:27   Link #647
Chichiryuushintei

Brains are basically just really complex computers made of flesh instead of circuits. If the AI is complex enough, it might as well be considered human.
Old 2018-12-10, 07:31   Link #648
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Nowhere in my post do I assume anything. Those questions are meant to parallel yours in the fact that you are complaining about not being able to care about them being fake people when they are inherently fake people you want to care about.
Old 2018-12-10, 09:15   Link #649
Dark Togashi

So did anyone else see a ton of Evangelion references through the entire episode?
Dark Togashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 09:59   Link #650
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Togashi View Post
So did anyone else see a ton of Evangelion references through the entire episode?
"God's in his Heaven, all is right with the world!"

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 10:55   Link #651
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

just wondering, can Gridknight also use the support weapons?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 17:00   Link #652
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
just wondering, can Gridknight also use the support weapons?
He can just copy their abilities at will.
Old 2018-12-11, 09:55   Link #653
Dark Togashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
"God's in his Heaven, all is right with the world!"
There is also the playing of childern singing while a monster goes berserk and the depressed person wondering the city.
Dark Togashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 15:27   Link #654
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Interesting, is there a blog or site that continuously bring these similarities between Gridman and Eva?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 02:37   Link #655
Wheeljack83

I mean the other weapon/vehicles are from Neon Genesis Junior High. That's pretty blatant.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 07:21   Link #656
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Actually we do not know if everyone is self aware. Team Gridman come from outside and it might have been interacting with them that "woke-up" the 3 npc's like with Anti.

That would explain some of Akane's actions as well. She made her play city where everyone loved her but as time went on she got bored with that and started breaking things. Like she said everyone was programmed to love everything about her but none of it was "real". That is why she made the dream worlds to make friends with the 3 "real" npc's and why failing broke her. Another telling thing in those worlds was her willingness to trade sex for companionship and general lack of interpersonal skills.

I think Akane made the city to escape from a world where she was a friendless loner.
What if Akane was some fat and ugly schoolgirl in reality? Or worse an abused prositute just to get by?

I would lol at all the otaku fapping to her now....
Old 2018-12-12, 10:55   Link #657
PentingWolf

relationship chart for SSSS.Gridman

PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 11:42   Link #658
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

You know that is fake, right?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 11:53   Link #659
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Poor group in black ;_;
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-12, 14:11   Link #660
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You know that is fake, right?
from rosie.5ch.ne

another

Last edited by PentingWolf; 2018-12-12 at 14:36.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya