Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-12, 04:01   Link #101
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's what I remember too, but it seems odd something they randomly picked turned out to be the key item to solve their problems.
If it's something from Fortune Lover, i.e. an otome game, then "get random item that will be useful later' is a thing that happens all the time in games. Perhaps in the original route Maria bought it.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 00:42   Link #102
X207
Gamyūsa

this arc was rather enjoyable for me. the dynamic of her vs Kuma/Alexander is enjoyable as hell. thats the 2nd guy that kissed her, at this rate all of them will kiss and confess. the girls might give her a kiss on the cheek if they also get their chance... maybe one on the forehead but idiots dont get colds or thats the anime trope.

it never huts to be dull/slow in her case, she managed to come across an essential item that was the key to saving Keith and stole a familiar from the dark magic user in the same action. she wasnt able to get a bear but now has a dog to protect her when in danger.

did the game/source manga disclose the sort of magic she has? earth bump hardly registers as her strength. she has a fairly big aura that occasionally appears which is likely the one she is unaware is her strength.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 09:20   Link #103
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
this arc was rather enjoyable for me. the dynamic of her vs Kuma/Alexander is enjoyable as hell. thats the 2nd guy that kissed her, at this rate all of them will kiss and confess. the girls might give her a kiss on the cheek if they also get their chance... maybe one on the forehead but idiots dont get colds or thats the anime trope.
I have to assume Alan and Nicol are next...
Quote:
did the game/source manga disclose the sort of magic she has? earth bump hardly registers as her strength. she has a fairly big aura that occasionally appears which is likely the one she is unaware is her strength.
Her element is Earth, but she seems to hold some sort of special power that lets her control Dark Magic...
Old 2021-09-13, 10:12   Link #104
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Mary last boss?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 13:35   Link #105
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:

Her element is Earth, but she seems to hold some sort of special power that lets her control Dark Magic...
thank you for the reply, i thought earth power was one she tried to acquire as an extra though sometimes my memory of the previous seasons so skip my head. there were a few scenes where her power to manage dark magic have appeared but it looks like se3 will divulge more there. maybe because she isnt playing the villianess is the reason why its taken so long as she doesnt try to favor dark magic to get things done.

maybe Mary, might not be the last boss. trying to win over and deprogram the dark magic user might be more difficult. i dont think Bakarina wont succumb to the dark side but trying to rehab the dark magic user is harder.

her main maid's general dislike/reaction for dark magic is amusing to see. i dont think she'd play fetch with the dog anytime soon.
Old 2021-09-13, 14:37   Link #106
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Mary last boss?
I feel like she would probably be involved with Alan's arc, at least...
Old 2021-09-14, 13:26   Link #107
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

So now Bakarina also has her Ranga, I mean, Pochi. Keith stole Bakarina's kiss (well, his name is spelled "kissu", so I guess that was a pun for that). That weird dark magic girl looks like a final boss for the hopefully coming 3rd season.
Old 2021-09-14, 17:52   Link #108
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I feel like she would probably be involved with Alan's arc, at least...
To keep an eye on her competition, sure
Old 2021-09-17, 13:57   Link #109
Frontier

So it turns out Aoi Yuki's Dark Magic Girl is actually Sarah, another victim of the Dieke Family's dabbling in Dark Magic. Does that mean Catarina will be able to reach out to her and redeem her? Or is she twisted to the core now? Either way, it was hard to take the serious talk seriously with that shrine to George's brothers in the background .

Turns out Catarina just happened to grab a Dark Magical item that let her take control of Dark Magic and gives her a familiar in Pochi, which is just enough for Susana/Larna to enroll her in the Department of Magic and keep her away from Geordo...which also screws her over, although she didn't know it at the time .

Catarina actually managed to graduate and everyone is dressed so nicely...meanwhile the only thing the Bakarina Council can remember is all the food they ate .

Bakarina and her Harem are definitely popular among the student body, but we also have Frey playing wingwoman for Ginger as she's the only one to think of the kind of boquet Catarina would really want...one made with sweets. And then the girls start fighting over who gets to wear Catarina's clothes, with Ginger winning in the end .

Catarina's mother is actually proud and happy that her daughter manage to graduate...especially because she didn't think she would. Well, it's something at least .

Catarina gets to spend time with all the boys...dancing with Geordo who is always making his moves, dancing with Keith who makes sure Catarina is aware and careful of Geordo, Nicol who knocks a bunch of people out and indicates he still only has eyes for Catarina, and Alan who just has a really good time with her and even gets fed. Of course Mary and Sophia are constantly jumping to have their own time with Catarina .

Catarina does look good in those PJ's (as did the other girls)! She also has to be much more conscious of Keith now, because he's not just going to play it safe around her anymore, even if it means pinning her to a bed and kissing her forehead .

Maria and Mary just basically describe their type as Catarina and of course it goes over her head. Sophia at least is still smitten with guys in romance novels .

Catarina dreams of Acchan and then has a realization...Fortune Lover had a sequel set at the Department of Magic, and not only are their new capture targets including Sora, but Catarina Claes is once again in the game as the secret villainess. It's so obvious that Acchan has to practically roll her eyes. And that means Catarina is walking back into even more (self-perceived) doom flags to close out the season .

I love how they have the season 1 Opening playing during the Ending as the cast take care of Catarina's garden together and all acknowledge that Ginger is now part of this Harem war .

So I think I heard Tomoaki Maeno and Ayumu Murase as the new boys ?
Old 2021-09-17, 18:42   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Fortune Lover sequel twist is so bad, you can tell the author ran out of ideas. We already know how it will play out. She will freak out over every little thing and have more guys (doesn't seem like there'll be girls, which was what initially contributed to making this series unique) fall for her. As if the main cast wasn't already crowded.
Old 2021-09-17, 19:14   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
The Fortune Lover sequel twist is so bad, you can tell the author ran out of ideas. We already know how it will play out. She will freak out over every little thing and have more guys (doesn't seem like there'll be girls, which was what initially contributed to making this series unique) fall for her. As if the main cast wasn't already crowded.
I guess it's not surprising considering Fortune Lover was apparently popular, but the fact that they'd keep the same Main Heroine, bring Catarina back, and Bakarina would unknowingly still follow the plot to set up said game ?

Although we don't know if there won't be new girls...obviously the game's opening would highlight the new capture targets, but not the rivals in their respective routes, assuming it's not all Catarina Claes .
Old 2021-09-17, 20:10   Link #112
Forever
Revealing the truth

I think catarina true talent is in dark magic. She is supposed to be evil of course. Season 3 will flesh that out.
Old 2021-09-17, 20:48   Link #113
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Catarina looking back on her 2 years in school and it all about food but at less she really knows how to dance with everyone

Wait the guy where swooning for Nicol to

7/10 Cant wait for the movie
Old 2021-09-18, 14:51   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Maybe the "new guy" is a reverse trap?
Old 2021-09-19, 06:38   Link #115
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Romanceable reverse trap in an Otome Game? Is that a thing?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 07:26   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think I've seen pigeons and copier machines as romanceable targets, so why not?
Old 2021-09-21, 02:05   Link #117
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
its not much more different that gender reversed mary or was it maria? the 3 girls want her anyway so its a decent ploy to fool Bakarina into a route.
Old 2021-09-21, 06:40   Link #118
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
its not much more different that gender reversed mary or was it maria? the 3 girls want her anyway so its a decent ploy to fool Bakarina into a route.
I'm talking about the actual game "Fortune Lover", where Maria is the protagonist, and all the girls are adversaries, not romantic interests.

Of course in the world of Bakarina then a lot of things change, but the new cast in Fortune Lover II is clearly presented as romantic interests and it should follow the rules of the game.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 00:05   Link #119
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
I'm talking about the actual game "Fortune Lover", where Maria is the protagonist, and all the girls are adversaries, not romantic interests.

Of course in the world of Bakarina then a lot of things change, but the new cast in Fortune Lover II is clearly presented as romantic interests and it should follow the rules of the game.
yeah, given i dont play those games i wasnt able to get that reference. im more into fighting or car race games. havent played dating or otome games.