AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-12, 15:15   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't get why they wanted to eliminate the MC. It's not like he wanted to betray the organization. And bringing down a plane like that is hardly discreet.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 17:54   Link #22
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't get why they wanted to eliminate the MC. It's not like he wanted to betray the organization.
That might be someone invoking the 'just to make sure' option. Dead men, after all, tell no tales (willingly or otherwise).

Quote:
And bringing down a plane like that is hardly discreet.
Given the attention such incidents draw by their very nature, how on Terra did the writers think that'd be appropriate for an organization trying to keep a low profile? This said, the possibility does exist that they did have something suitable planned and waiting at his intended destination... but the plane was shot down as a result of occurrences they had nothing to do with. Do we know where it was at that point in time?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 18:16   Link #23
Tenzen12

Well, all they need is some suitable terrorist group to take blame...
Old 2021-10-13, 12:15   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

After watching episode 2, I just realized that we're basically following an Isekai-Killua. This is probably the closest we'll get to a Killua spin off .
Old 2021-10-13, 14:29   Link #25
Marina2

Finally, a smart isekai goddess who selected the right person for the job, and supplied him with knowledge and power he need to finish his job.
Old 2021-10-13, 15:12   Link #26
magnuskn

Didn't expect this to turn into "Cooking with the Assassins".
Old 2021-10-13, 17:34   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Feels just a bit like Mushoku Tensei.
Old 2021-10-13, 19:18   Link #28
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Finally, a smart isekai goddess who selected the right person for the job, and supplied him with knowledge and power he need to finish his job.
But she is sending out all kinds of evil signals. I bet the Hero does not plunge the world into chaos rather they just stand up to her.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 19:34   Link #29
Tenzen12

I don't know about that. I mean if hero does not plunge world into chaos Lugh doesn't have to touch single hair on his/her head. If the goddess wanted just kill hero, she would just contract Mc to kill hero with no wiggle room.
Old 2021-10-13, 20:40   Link #30
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't know about that. I mean if hero does not plunge world into chaos Lugh doesn't have to touch single hair on his/her head. If the goddess wanted just kill hero, she would just contract Mc to kill hero with no wiggle room.
Who gets to define chaos? Overturning the current order of the world could be called chaos. Look at the US's revolution. It could very truthfully be called plunging North America at the time into chaos.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 22:27   Link #31
Tenzen12

That's the thing. All decision making is left to Lugh.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-10-13 at 23:01.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 07:40   Link #32
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't get why they wanted to eliminate the MC. It's not like he wanted to betray the organization. And bringing down a plane like that is hardly discreet.
Not so, if you just blame it on some terrorists.
I mean, even in real life, most of the big terrorists organization are supported by Foreign nations, so that other nations suffer and have issue in developing, and sometime have those said terrorist organization attack their own nation to cause a big fuss which would help divert large sums of funds to places the Government wants.
There are also possibly multiple Fake terrorist organization as well, who just exists to take blame for some mishap or plan of the government.

As for eliminating MC in his previous life.
Well, as they say "its better to remove the Weed, before its to late" or "always take the safe option, to maintain ones own position"
Aka., though MC was personally not a danger to the Organization, he still had potential to cause issue in the probably future.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 08:33   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I gotta say, the isekai setup here was pretty enjoyable how logical it was. Clear, distinct rules. Full education of the world the old man will be brought to. Powers of his choosing that are neither weak, nor completely overpowered. I also really liked how the old man defined criteria in which he would need to follow in regards to saving the world vs killing the MC. I probably liked that element more than the rest of the episode.

Speaking of which, the relationship btw Esri and Lugh reminded me of Anos and Izabella(his mother) in Maōu Gakuin no Futekigōsha, to the letter. Although the mothers' personality is a bit much, I thought it was cute then, and still think its cute now. Esri might be a bit more self-indulgent than Izabella though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Also, she wants the hero to kill the demon king first. If the hero manages to do so, that'd mean that the hero would be stronger than the demon king, which wouldnt' make much sense if she was also evil and wanted to avoid a powerful hero. Rather it felt like she somehow knows that killing the Hero is inevitable, and perhaps it will even be due to the old man himself.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 10:31   Link #34
Forever
Revealing the truth

Lol something tell me it is not the hero who will go berserk. It is 2 years later, the hero will come to kill the goddess instead and then take over as the god of the realm. A cycle that goddess herself have went through.
Old 2021-10-14, 14:15   Link #35
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Didn't expect this to turn into "Cooking with the Assassins".
It's an isekai. Of course there was going to be cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Not so, if you just blame it on some terrorists.
I mean, even in real life, most of the big terrorists organization are supported by Foreign nations, so that other nations suffer and have issue in developing, and sometime have those said terrorist organization attack their own nation to cause a big fuss which would help divert large sums of funds to places the Government wants.
There are also possibly multiple Fake terrorist organization as well, who just exists to take blame for some mishap or plan of the government.

As for eliminating MC in his previous life.
Well, as they say "its better to remove the Weed, before its to late" or "always take the safe option, to maintain ones own position"
Aka., though MC was personally not a danger to the Organization, he still had potential to cause issue in the probably future.
Which do you think is more likely? The MC starting some shit out of nowhere, or someone somewhere making a mistake in the coverup of the plane attack?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 14:32   Link #36
Frontier

So the Hero defeats the Demon Lord and then grows corrupt because they're too powerful? But the Goddess still needs them to defeat the Demon Lord...well, Lugh doesn't just want to kill the Hero without trying to find another option, so it seems like maybe initially Lugh might try to befriend the hero and prevent the circumstances that lead to them going too far, although it doesn't seem like the Goddess is confident in his chances .

It's good to see that Lugh, having unlocked his emotions, wants to live by his own terms now and be happy. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts his new life, since it seems like he's not going to blindly follow the Goddesses orders. And it seems like he genuinely enjoys his new family life .

I love how the field where the Goddess is giving him his skill tree options is like a disco .

So the Goddess gives him carte blanche for his character creator, or at least as much as she can give him without being able to have the 30 skills the Hero has, and the choices Lugh makes are fairly sensible...I really want to know what the last one was though .

Does the Goddess answer to somebody? Because it seems like she has to explain that everything she's doing was an "accident" and not deliberate .

Getting some Jobless Reincarnation vibes where Lugh is aware of his birth and sees his parents, complete with one voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa, and who promptly kisses his wife after a successful birth. I hope Lugh's dad can keep it in his pants .

So Lugh had an older brother who died? I wonder if that's part of why Esri dotes on him so hard...although she really seems like the doting mother type. The Goddess warned him not to lewd his mom but said mom is pouting and shoving her boobs in his face .

Lugh has adapted to the bow very well...he also developed a pressure cooker, so I wonder if he ends up making that sniper rifle he used in the first episode ?

Nothing quite like your dad having you perform Kata's naked so he can observe your body and how it's coming along .

I get the sense that Esri wanted a girl when you see her dress up Lugh. He didn't sign up for crossdressing, although he does pull it off .

Dia sure knows how to make an entrance with that impressive magic show .
Old 2021-10-14, 15:35   Link #37
Lex79

Seems interesting so far. I'm curious to see what is the D rank ability and how it will be abused to make Lugh overpowered, and if the rookie assassin girl will be reincarnated as one of Lugh 's assistants.
Old 2021-10-14, 17:37   Link #38
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I suspect it’s something like aim accuracy or something like that.

Not gonna lie, when he said his dad had another side to him immediately followed by him having his seven year old son strip so he could feel all over his body I had a lot of questions.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-14, 19:08   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm still not sure I really trust this goddess, but so far there is only so much to go on. At least she seems confident that the hero will destroy the world. The whole driving the world into chaos business could mean anything. Did he start a global revolution? Revolt against the Goddess? Get possessed by the Demon Lord's power upon beating him and went crazy? Her details are a bit fuzzy.

Good on the MC for covering his bases. Saving the world is the top priority. So can play the situation to his preference. If he can stop the hero from going off the rails (however that happens) then great. If he's got to take him down...well that'll have to be figured out. Just because he'll be outclassed doesn't mean he can't win if he handles it correctly.

No idea on his skill options. But seems like he made sensible ones. Rapid recovery of basically everything is making one skill do a lot of work which is a solid approach. Obviously saving the last skill he picked for some critical moment later which is fine.

Good for him though. He lived a tough life and now has a chance to enjoy himself a bit. Sure he's born into a somewhat odd family. But it's the right family for him to be born into and his parents do care. So that's not bad. And wow his teacher definitely has no issue establishing her skills .

At this point even if his assistant from his last job got reincarnated I'd presume it was a pure wipe like most people get. If she was going to get any sort of special treatment I think it would have been set up in this episode. Plus I don't think he'd care enough to ask for that so shouldn't matter too much.
Old 2021-10-15, 03:24   Link #40
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Does the Goddess answer to somebody? Because it seems like she has to explain that everything she's doing was an "accident" and not deliberate .
I'd imagine that the Hero didn't just pop out randomly from the weeds (nor did the Dark Lord), so, yeah, there's definitely some celestial hierarchy going on. Too bad we haven't been introduced to the religious aspect of the show yet.