Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-12, 06:04   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
TVTropes calls this trope 'Springtime for Hitler', after a fictional created-to-fail musical from a movie.

The battlefield is flat, both armies are heavily armored, neither army seems to have significant cavalry presence (if horseback archery is even a thing in those cultures) and they have roughly equal numbers. What is moving some front-line soldiers to an archery unit going to acomplish? You get an initial shock advantage, and after that you're kinda fucked because you're outnumbered in the direct skirmish. If any part of the formation gets broken through (more likely because you have fewer front-line soldiers now), all archers are going to die. The enemy had a numbers (and experience) advantage so they could have tried it, but they were specifically highlighted as tactically incompetent.

It would also require them to have decent archery equipment (in large quantities), which judging by the information in this episode (kingdom having no resources, cavalry limited to leaders) they probably just can't afford. (Though that does raise the question how they managed to get all of that armor.)
Gift from the empire. The anime went over it very fast, but it was like this: as part of his plan to peacefully integrate his kingdom into the empire, the MC asked the empire to train and equip his army. Like he told the ambassador, it would improve the relationships between their militaries.
The empire said yes, because they figured that soon, the army they trained would become their army, defending their territory.
Problem: the emperor died around the time they finished training, before the MC could finish selling out. The succession crisis meant that all expansion plans were put on hold, and troops recalled to the homeland.
So the MC found himself with a well trained, well equipped army, and no empire troops stationed in his kingdom. "Just as planned."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 09:16   Link #22
nfsac

So anything before the Emperor death, plot wise, will only be shown as a fast flashback if anything.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 11:26   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Out of the new three shows aired in the same day, I like this one the most.
If you're talking about the other two fantasy/isekai then I agree but I'm not even sure if I'll keep up with this... so far this season is looking rough. The premise is sort of interesting but the prince's internal monologue could stand to be a few decibels lower. And yeah, the CG was Wii tier.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 11:55   Link #24
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Okay, Souman did a good job here. His Wein is hilarious.
Let's he how far Ican be kept with this show by his comedy antiques.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 15:56   Link #25
magnuskn

So, this is basically Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium as an anime? Works for me, although the production quality is kinda iffy so far.

For reference:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-01-13, 17:29   Link #26
Wandering Soul

That wasn't too bad and I do find the main duo fun enough. I'll stick around for more.
Old 2022-01-14, 00:20   Link #27
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
They had me at meow. Coming into this one in with no prior knowledge or context. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 00:01   Link #28
Frontier

So Realist Hero...if Souma was secretly playing the long con to sell out Elfrieden so he could live the quiet life .

It was kind of random, but characters chasing away the title was pretty amusing .

The Opening theme sounds nice, but I hope they're building up to actual animation at a later point and the reused animation is just a placeholder. Same for the Ending .

I was surprised Wein's father, the king, was still alive instead of just passing on, but I guess then he's basically a king and not a prince (hence the title doesn't work). Seems like the plot is kind of predicated on his ailing health, so I wonder how much they'll check in on how he's doing .

Wein may be lazy and not want to bother running the kingdom, especially when he views it as more trouble than it's worth, but he can definitely play the part of the dutiful, loyal, prince quite well and that endears him to his people...and he puts the actual work in of remembering his soldiers' name and coming up with plans...that do not work out the way he intended them to do. Guy sets out to make his kingdom worth buying, not knowing that would inevitably put him in a position where he can't leave .

Rie Takahashi has a thing for silver-haired Heroines, and Ninym makes a nice contrast to Wein as his more dutiful, sometimes sassy, aide. It definitely says a lot about their relationship that she's seemingly the only one aware of his real personality and desires, when he even puts up an act in front of his sister. And it seems like maybe Ninym's race or ethnicity is persecuted to some extent, so it might make it more significant that she's in such a high position .

Also, those black thigh highs and sideboobs! Also seems like she has a shorts variant of her normal outfit to take into battle, which kind of surprised me since I'm so used to anime girls in fantasy settings fighting in skirts .

I'm curious to see how Wein and Ninym's relationship might develop...I get the sense they're a lot closer than just a normal prince and retainer, and while Rie Takahashi nyaa-ing is adorable, that last nyaa positively sounded flirty. And their hands looked particularly close together at the end .
Old 2022-01-18, 10:40   Link #29
Frontier

Nothing quite like opening an episode with Ninym bathing! She's quite the Rie Takahashi beauty .

A lot of my questions about the nature of Ninym's feelings for Wein were answered by her cheerfully watching him sleep and poking his face...and hoping he was dreaming of her. Although she's none too happy thinking he's dreaming of a girl with bigger boobs .

So it turns out all that fuss over the mine was pointless since it's pretty much spent...although Marden doesn't know that, so Wein sees it as a chance to make money by selling it back to them .

It was interesting seeing Falanya's education and her learning tactics and how that connects to what Wein was planning .

Drawood thinks he can outlast Wein, but we finally see just how deadly and efficient Wein is as a tactician as he outplays Marden's forces at every turn, lulling them into a false sense of security one minute and then tricking them the next, fending them off at every turn. He is a genius prince, after all .

Once again someone from Marden insults Ninym...and Wein takes that personally. Ninym isn't just his top aide and assistant, she's his heart, and any insult to her he takes as an excuse to cut off the head of the man who said it and then go directly into Drawood's camp to kill him personally. So, bottom line, don't mess with Ninym, let alone in front of Wein .

Why is Wein so proficient a strategist? And an able swordsman himself, as it seems? Well, apparently he used the opportunity for military education from the Empire himself and actually outclassed actual cadets from the Empire's military academy. The Empire ended up creating the greatest tactical and military mind for a rival kingdom .

Well, you win some, you lose some...Marden gets taken over so Wein can't sue for peace, but they find a new deposit of gold that can get Natra out of the red. Although Wein is still no closer to the easy life outside running the kingdom .
Old 2022-01-18, 13:01   Link #30
Top Sergeant

I am enjoying this anime more than I thought that I would. Its nice to see that Wein is a military leader who can leave his ego at the door.

I was not expecting
Spoiler for For those who have not seen this episode:
Old 2022-01-18, 16:25   Link #31
magnuskn

Definitely Ciaphas Cain in anime. Picked up, should be nice to see how this develops.
Old 2022-01-18, 18:34   Link #32
grecefar

Well this has become a promising one this season, not only the mc is pretty funny but he can be ruthless if they insult his waifu.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 19:00   Link #33
BWTraveller
Born to ship

That was a surprising shift there. I figured that there was some degree of love between those two, but I never expected every single soldier to instantly go from boiling ire to "Oh crap" (even Nihm) the instant that guy insulted her, or for him to then drop every ounce of lazy prince to rip that man to shreds in retaliation. Kind of makes me wonder what's up with her race. One thing's for sure: it doesn't matter what large-breasted bimbo he was dreaming about, that girl has no need to worry as he truly belongs to her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 19:43   Link #34
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Somehow the absurdness of this series kind of reminds me of Maoujou de Oyasumi. So far its likable enough, I'll give it another week or two at least.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 19:44   Link #35
Random14

I've read through the book now, so I'm a bit sad to see how much has been skipped over, this is already the end of volume one. At least its still pretty entertaining.

That's probably the first time we've seen Wein completely serious. Yeah, do not insult Ninym, and pretty clear its not the first time this has happened either (from everyone else's reaction to his rage). That was a sweet moment when she came to wake him up, that's probably the only time she's not just his aide (officially).

Wein sure has some crazy luck, good and bad. He showed a lot of cunning with winning that siege, but that left him stuck with a mostly empty gold mine and he can't even sell it back to the original country since it got conquered too due to his victory. At least they found some more gold so it wasn't a total loss.

I hope the rest of the series won't be this fast-paced with the intro arc over (though I'm not hopeful on that) but I'll be looking forward to more Wein and Ninym.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 21:06   Link #36
Frontier

I'm starting to wonder now if part of his motivation for wanting to sell the kingdom is so he can safely marry Ninym.
Old 2022-01-18, 21:49   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Also, those black thigh highs and sideboobs!
I couldn’t help but think the exact same thing. Between the significant gaps in her top and the angles we’re given to see her from, the animators definitely wanted us to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Although she's none too happy thinking he's dreaming of a girl with bigger boobs .
This may be in fact one of the rare occasions where a girl gets a breast size DOWNGRADE in the anime.I’ve looked at a lot of the art for the LN (which unsurprisingly is largely centered on Ninym), and she is noticeably bigger there than in the anime, even approaching Voluptuous Vixen levels in the more recent art.

She’s also EXTRA THICC.

NSFW
Links to very fanservicey pics
Old 2022-01-18, 22:59   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok. So we're not going to have an OP for this show.

Still, the characters themselves are good. I did like the cute watching him sleep scene. Even if he had to pay for something rather out of his control like his dreams . But hey...he could have been dreaming of her with bigger breasts!

This was a really solid episode. The end of that battle really was perfect too. Wein's rage was palpable. It really says it all that he joined the attack himself and utterly demolished that guy. It really is a good idea to choose your emissaries wisely. Though I fully expect that guy would have said something similar to what was said anyways. Plus it was war so nothing wrong with Wein making a very direct point.

It is nice to see how he reacted to Ninym being insulted. She handled herself in such a situation in episode 1 and this one showed that Wein will respond quite intensely to insults like that too. That was just fun since he didn't waste much time in ending this battle.

Definitely an end result that Wein didn't love. They got something from the mine, but not a crazy amount. The enemy country is gone, so selling it to them won't happen. And through all of that, his reputation within his own nation is skyrocketing. Their confidence militarily is really up there too.

But...he did defend the honour of his heart so that's something .
Old 2022-01-19, 00:16   Link #39
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 2 has made me like this show a bit more. Feels like they rushed a lot of stuff. May end up following this series.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 07:16   Link #40
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I couldn’t help but think the exact same thing. Between the significant gaps in her top and the angles we’re given to see her from, the animators definitely wanted us to notice.

This may be in fact one of the rare occasions where a girl gets a breast size DOWNGRADE in the anime.I’ve looked at a lot of the art for the LN (which unsurprisingly is largely centered on Ninym), and she is noticeably bigger there than in the anime, even approaching Voluptuous Vixen levels in the more recent art.

She’s also EXTRA THICC.

NSFW
Links to very fanservicey pics
From what I heard, her breast grows as the story progresses....

Tags
comedy, fantasy