Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-21, 18:03   Link #1361
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
There's always the possibility that Suletta doesn't need to pilot the same unit that she started with, just like some other Gundam MCs:

Shinn : Impulse -> Destiny
Setsuna : Exia -> 00 -> Qant
Amuro : Gundam -> Dijeh -> Zeta -> Nu
The problem with Suletta piloting another Gundam is that she would inevitably get pitted against Aerial, which now that I actually think about it would create some great drama. So not really a problem. And what better final boss could there be than Aerial, the ultimate Gundam?
Old 2023-05-21, 18:55   Link #1362
Kazu-kun

Aerial being the final boss sounds about right. There would be no greater foe after all.

Besides getting a Gundam to pilot, Suletta would be forced to tap into any dormant ability she might have. I mean, she's a clone of Eri. She must have the ability to properly sync with a Gundam. She just never had to try because Eri was taking care of it.
Old 2023-05-21, 20:04   Link #1363
Twi

But is she immune to Data Storms without Eri running interference?

We saw in this one that when Eri basically stopped holding it back, Su started suffering. As Elan pointed out, everyone else who gets in a Gundam dies and it was Aerial that was the exception to the rule. So unless they got more dead children beyond the Data Storms, I think she isn't going to be walking that off unless that ED was hinting that Aerial gives up her essence to basically make Su compatible.
Old 2023-05-21, 20:14   Link #1364
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But is she immune to Data Storms without Eri running interference?
We don't know until she pilots another Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
We saw in this one that when Eri basically stopped holding it back
I don't think that counts because Eri was deliberately trying to fuck her up to make a point.
Old 2023-05-21, 20:23   Link #1365
Key Board
Carbon

Prospera has been feeding ideas into Miorine's head for 2 episodes

AND I DON'T THINK MIORINE REALIZES THIS

she doesn't realize it's prospera's ideas and not hers.

Truly terrifying

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 20:24   Link #1366
Frontier

I guess one advantage Suletta would have is that there's no way Eri would go all out against her and she has legit pilot skills to fall back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's exactly because it's a Gundam show that it wouldn't surprise me if his plan succeeds after everything else fails. I mean, I'm sure no one is deluded enough to think Prospera's, and by extension Miorine's, plan can succeed. That's never gonna happen. Quiet Zero is billed as this dystopian machine for absolute control over the Galaxy. It doesn't matter if Miorine has good intentions. The thing itself is bad news all the same. And I'm sure Suletta's contribution to this story as the protagonist is to stop her mother and Miorine from making a horrible mistake.
I don't think they're presenting Shaddiq as a better option though. He feels like one of the antagonists at this point.

Suletta will probably need to save Miorine from her mother and Quiet Zero. Because she is the love interest of a Gundam protagonist .
Quote:
Miorine's very shortsighted. We can agree on that.
I'd say idealistic and pressured more than shortsighted.
Quote:
I don't think so. Violent groups like Down of Fold are shown to be a minority. The people who sent Chuchu and the other Earth kids to the Academy, for instance, want a better tomorrow, and I think that's what most people on Earth want. But they can't get that until Space stops exploiting Earth.
The way they're framing the protests, it definitely seems like it's growing into a majority as things on Earth continue to deteiorate, which makes Earth House and what they seek to do all the more precious.
Old 2023-05-21, 20:46   Link #1367
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Suletta will probably need to save Miorine from her mother and Quiet Zero. Because she is the love interest of a Gundam protagonist
Sure, but I feel there are some striking differences between G-witch and other Gundam shows. Generally, you would expect the protagonist of a Gundam show to have a somewhat key role in stopping the war and whatnot, but I don't feel Suletta will get to do that at all. She'll stop her mom and save Mio from her own stupidity, but that's about all I expect she'll get to do. She won't be the one resolving the situation between Earth and Space, nor will be Miorine, I think.

Quote:
I don't think they're presenting Shaddiq as a better option though.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I think his plan does sound like a much better option than pretty much anything else we've heard about in the show. Though to be fair, you don't need much to beat Mio's nonsense, and we know Prospera doesn't even seek peace anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The way they're framing the protests, it definitely seems like it's growing into a majority as things on Earth continue to deteiorate, which makes Earth House and what they seek to do all the more precious.
The current situation on Earth is getting worse as a knee-jerk reaction to the Beneri group getting more oppressive. If Miorine thinks she, as a representative of Beneric, can do anything to calm things down in a non-violent way, she's in for a rude awakening. She will have to use force, and things can only get worse from there. That's not the path to peace. It's the path to the dark side, as Yoda would say.
Old 2023-05-21, 21:38   Link #1368
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a brutal situation. Obviously can't let Prospera do what she wants. But at the very least this brutal situation will probably do Suletta some good overall. She was never going to gain an understanding of herself, the situation for her sister, or what her mother is doing if things were left the way they were. Could say there's some happiness in being in ignorance, but not really since her mother was manipulating her like a puppet. Anything she gained could be lost in a heartbeat the second her mother decided something.

It's a low point, but at least Suletta has the chance to pick herself up. Ironically everyone is right in that she'll have the freedom to make choices for herself. Although everyone is neglecting that they are taking away the freedom to be with Miorine. Can't drop someone in the middle of the ocean and celebrate their freedom...before they drown.

The truth for Suletta is as unfortunate as imagined. A "key" was needed with the state Eri was in. Basically clones...and it wasn't just Suletta. Though that was also a given considering the amount of "voices" were heard. Prospera is truly a monster.

Honestly there are so many bad guys here I'm still half expecting a part 2 reveal to be coming up. I can see the Miorine and Aerial situation working out in the time remaining for the show. But the conflict on Earth, the Quiet Zero thing, and all the factions wanting to jump into the mix? It's possible, but part of me wonders.

Honestly the only people on the business side that aren't plain evil are Miorine and Guel. Nice that they are on the same side. But both of them have quite a lot of issues to tackle. Both from their enemies and momentary allies.
Old 2023-05-21, 21:57   Link #1369
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a brutal situation. Obviously can't let Prospera do what she wants. But at the very least this brutal situation will probably do Suletta some good overall. She was never going to gain an understanding of herself, the situation for her sister, or what her mother is doing if things were left the way they were.
If Eri didn't reveal the truth to Suletta this episode, Suletta would have gone on blaming herself for getting ditched by Mio. That would have been a dead end for her, a dead end Mio left her in. So much for good intentions...

Quote:
Ironically everyone is right in that she'll have the freedom to make choices for herself.
Yeah but they're not doing this to give Suletta the freedom to chose. Mio and Eri just wants Suletta to stay out of trouble, because they mistakenly think that's what will make Suletta happy. What they fail to see is that the one to decide what makes Suletta happy is Suletta herself, not Miorine or Eri.

So the question is, will Suletta choose to give in and abide to the path of safety and tedium her mother, sister and ex-bride have laid out for her? Or will she choose to take her fate on her own hands and pursue what she really wants? One thing for sure, the latter will put her in conflict with Mio, Eri and Prospera, because that's not what they want for her. They don't want her to get involved, they don't want her to be in danger, they don't want her to pilot a Gundam ever again. They don't want her to make that choice. They just want her to stay put and out of trouble.
Old 2023-05-21, 23:18   Link #1370
justavisitor

but at this moment there is no way for Suletta to get back into the game. Her mom dumped Suletta, Miorine is at Earth (with that new machine?)

Shaddiq is winning vote at this moment so he won't think about Suletta. The only person who is interested in our MC at this moment is Elan...but he is more like in a house arrest lol (how long has he been siting there??)

Nina has no idea that gundam pilot will die is a perfect demonstration that the kids have no idea what they are selling. I am not even sure if Miorine knows this and she is selling gundam for its "medical use". She has no idea what's going on (same as Guel) and they are running for president!! If there is any moral story behind this, it's that becoming a CEO is not as easy as it seems
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 01:15   Link #1371
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If there is any moral story behind this, it's that becoming a CEO is not as easy as it seems
That reminds me of a Thomas Merton quote I refer to often: "People may spend their whole lives climbing the ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is leaning against the wrong wall."
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 03:23   Link #1372
deadite

Am I the only one who thinks that Suletta will sooner pilot the Pharact than Schwarzette? The Pharact is in Earth House, it's pilot is MIA, it loadoat is closer to Aerial's than any other Gundams in the show and could possibly have EL4n's Permet Ghost to help her through her tough time like she did for him.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 06:27   Link #1373
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Rejected by the Gundam? This gotta be something new in the franchise

I swear the writers have no idea what to do with Elan so they wrote the scene of trying to kill him with a pencil
Old 2023-05-22, 06:41   Link #1374
azarhal

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that Suletta will sooner pilot the Pharact than Schwarzette? The Pharact is in Earth House, it's pilot is MIA, it loadoat is closer to Aerial's than any other Gundams in the show and could possibly have EL4n's Permet Ghost to help her through her tough time like she did for him.
The Pharact has a lock that probably only Belmeria can unlock and she's indisposed right now, El5n's phone wasn't enough to use it. And Schwarzette is closer to Aerial, it was made using Shin Sei "drone tech technology" which is how Prospera describe the tech behind Aerial at the trial in episode 2.

Also, that ejection sequence, mom stopping Suletta from spinning and Suletta crying like a baby in a fetal position was thematically representing a birth. Suletta needs to take the time to think about the huge info dump Eri gave her, accept what she is and decide what she wants to be now.

Whatever happens, it's going to take less then 2 weeks in-setting because that's how long before the president election happens (where I'm expecting a reverse parallel to the Incubation Party).

Last edited by azarhal; 2023-05-22 at 06:52.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 08:04   Link #1375
deadite

Despite what they did in the prologue, Dominicus(Rajan and Kenanji at least) are portrayed as pretty chill guys in the actual series proper. They aren't even invited in Benerit Group police actions. They mostly just hang around and being undermined by Benerit as a whole.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 08:16   Link #1376
Forever
Revealing the truth

Yay I guessed correctly that suletta was a clone. But my theory that suletta was a body for eri to download to was sadly wrong.....

It seems that multiple clones was created and all sacrificed to multiple versions of eri. Then suletta is left to be the node to connect them all.
Old 2023-05-22, 08:41   Link #1377
Key Board
Carbon

No need for a body when you’re going to envelope the world in a data storm and initiate the Third Impact

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 08:50   Link #1378
Frontier

Quote:
Sure, but I feel there are some striking differences between G-witch and other Gundam shows. Generally, you would expect the protagonist of a Gundam show to have a somewhat key role in stopping the war and whatnot, but I don't feel Suletta will get to do that at all. She'll stop her mom and save Mio from her own stupidity, but that's about all I expect she'll get to do. She won't be the one resolving the situation between Earth and Space, nor will be Miorine, I think.
Well, supposedly Suletta is going to become more protagonist-like now. I'm not sure if she's going to directly help resolve the conflict in Earth vs Space any time soon beyond probably helping stop Quiet Zero, but maybe that'll end up being the first step to something. I guess it depends on how satisfactorily they want to end this assuming we're not getting a 4-cour G-Witch show.
Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I think his plan does sound like a much better option than pretty much anything else we've heard about in the show. Though to be fair, you don't need much to beat Mio's nonsense, and we know Prospera doesn't even seek peace anyway.
It sounds reasonable and practical but that's exactly why I don't think it'll work in the long-term, at least with Shaddiq in charge and being Mr. "I worked with terrorists to secure control over my father."
Quote:
The current situation on Earth is getting worse as a knee-jerk reaction to the Beneri group getting more oppressive. If Miorine thinks she, as a representative of Beneric, can do anything to calm things down in a non-violent way, she's in for a rude awakening. She will have to use force, and things can only get worse from there. That's not the path to peace. It's the path to the dark side, as Yoda would say.
I don't think Miorine is going to use legitimate force.

Prospera, on the other hand...because I definitely think things are going to go wrong when Prospera hijacks Quiet Zero.
Quote:
If Eri didn't reveal the truth to Suletta this episode, Suletta would have gone on blaming herself for getting ditched by Mio. That would have been a dead end for her, a dead end Mio left her in. So much for good intentions...
"Turns out you're a clone of me and we don't need you anymore! Bye Bye!"

(Chucks Suletta into space).
Quote:
Yeah but they're not doing this to give Suletta the freedom to chose. Mio and Eri just wants Suletta to stay out of trouble, because they mistakenly think that's what will make Suletta happy. What they fail to see is that the one to decide what makes Suletta happy is Suletta herself, not Miorine or Eri.

So the question is, will Suletta choose to give in and abide to the path of safety and tedium her mother, sister and ex-bride have laid out for her? Or will she choose to take her fate on her own hands and pursue what she really wants? One thing for sure, the latter will put her in conflict with Mio, Eri and Prospera, because that's not what they want for her. They don't want her to get involved, they don't want her to be in danger, they don't want her to pilot a Gundam ever again. They don't want her to make that choice. They just want her to stay put and out of trouble.
I guess in their eyes it's freedom to live a normal life knowing she can get that kind of school life she always dreamed of, even though without Miorine it doesn't mean as much to her.

Chuchu definitely seems to be looking out for Suletta's best interests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Despite what they did in the prologue, Dominicus(Rajan and Kenanji at least) are portrayed as pretty chill guys in the actual series proper. They aren't even invited in Benerit Group police actions. They mostly just hang around and being undermined by Benerit as a whole.
I wonder if Kenanji has any emotional trauma when he hears "Happy Birthday." I wonder about how he feels about what happened now knowing how gung-ho he was about taking down the Gundams.
Old 2023-05-22, 09:47   Link #1379
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Btw, the news headline said: "Violent Protests in Quinharbor Recall Dark Memories of Drone War Era"

Oh?? My interest is piqued now. What is this "Drone War" and how did that happen?

Now I'm picturing unmanned MS just rampaging through cities like Virgo Mobile Dolls from Gundam Wing.

But if they have perfected the drone warfare, why did they go back to having pilots inside the MS?
Old 2023-05-22, 10:25   Link #1380
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, the news headline said: "Violent Protests in Quinharbor Recall Dark Memories of Drone War Era"

Oh?? My interest is piqued now. What is this "Drone War" and how did that happen?
But if they have perfected the drone warfare, why did they go back to having pilots inside the MS?
Antitode made the drones useless. The "Drone War" was first mentioned on the Beguir-Beu HG box in relation to the Antitode to shut down Gundams: This is an advanced version of the Permet/ECM Equipment that put an end to the Drone War fought with unmanned units...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote