AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-26, 14:19   Link #41
DJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
They meant poor/obvious cheating. Good cheating would be allowed. Otherwise wouldn't Kankurou have been marked down (and eventually disqualified) for everytime Karasu looked at somebodies paper?

*edit* I think i just made that Karasu thing up.
Having re-watched episode 24, I take back that edit. I was right first time.
Old 2004-03-26, 14:24   Link #42
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
You should notice the difference between being smart, and being able to study... Although, some of the questions required that you'd have to be at least a bit smart... Also, I don't think Hinata would cheat, she's too innocent for that
Too innoncent? Let me remind you that she offered to give her answers to Naruto which is cheating so of course she used her byakugan to get them first. I doubt she could answer all of them and she didn't want to see Naruto fail. Need more reasons for her to cheat?
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 14:51   Link #43
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ*
Having re-watched episode 24, I take back that edit. I was right first time.
But remember, Kankuro wasn't disqualified (I think). Since the name of the game is acqusition by any means necessary, his deduction didn't cost the team too many points. Nor Temari's, nor Gaara's.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 14:59   Link #44
Skank_Bait

ummm...

Hinata didn't cheat. I deffinatly think she knew the answers...besides she was sitting in the front row with Naruto...so she couldn't use her technique to see through someone and see what they were writting. I think a lot more people than ones that were shown knew the answers becuase though the point was using espionage and cheating...there had to be people to cheat off of. If NO ONE knew the answers then there would be no method of cheating to get them.
Skank_Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 15:03   Link #45
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skank_Bait
Hinata didn't cheat. I deffinatly think she knew the answers...besides she was sitting in the front row with Naruto...so she couldn't use her technique to see through someone and see what they were writting. I think a lot more people than ones that were shown knew the answers becuase though the point was using espionage and cheating...there had to be people to cheat off of. If NO ONE knew the answers then there would be no method of cheating to get them.
Yeah it'd be like, "Hey, what are those veins sticking out of your head?" FAILED!
Or she's have to totally turn behind her. Neji, in the back of the room could get away with it. Hinata couldn't.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 15:15   Link #46
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skank_Bait
Yup there was a couple of chuunin to cheat off but i really doubt that Hinata was there as a target as well. It's true that she was in the front row so i don't know how she could have cheated but they say it at the end of the exam that the question couldn't be answered by normal genin and Hinata didn't seem to be that smart.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 15:27   Link #47
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulDistortion
I don't think she would have tried to let Naruto copy her answers if they were wrong. The whole point of her offering her answers to him was so he wouldn't fail.
having guessed the answers has a better chance of passing than nothing on the paper at all.

----

oh, and um, guys... hinita and naruto were in the 3rd row... NOT THE FIRST, take a look at the pic below.
Spoiler:
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 15:35   Link #48
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
having guessed the answers has a better chance of passing than nothing on the paper at all.

----

oh, and um, guys... hinita and naruto were in the 3rd row... NOT THE FIRST, take a look at the pic below.
Spoiler:
So she was totally stealing answers from MOUSTACHE GUY!

Hinata...why must you turn this Chuunin exam INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?!
Old 2004-03-26, 16:33   Link #49
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad
Too innoncent? Let me remind you that she offered to give her answers to Naruto which is cheating so of course she used her byakugan to get them first. I doubt she could answer all of them and she didn't want to see Naruto fail. Need more reasons for her to cheat?
As I said, we didn't SEE her cheat. The author showed what everyone else did EXCEPT Hinata. If she'd been cheating, surely we'd have been shown that, in order to know how she managed to pass the test. Someone go back and look over that episode, see what Hinata is shown doing and let us know. I'm QUITE sure we don't see her cheating and I equally sure she DIDN'T cheat. Of course, I can't prove she didn't cheat, but you can't prove she did cheat either, so maybe we should leave it at that.
Old 2004-03-26, 16:51   Link #50
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
The author showed what everyone else did EXCEPT Hinata.
Moustache Guy doesn't cheat either.

It didn't show Sakura cheating, as well. How could she?

Also, Shikamaru doesn't necesarily cheat either...I mean, if he was going to move his pencil either way, he probably just got the answers the right way. He does note that Ino's jutsu has worked.

It'd be really funny if he Shadow copied everyone in the rows, 5 min from the end of the test, and made them all write the wrong answers. Then they can't change them before time's up.
Old 2004-03-26, 17:00   Link #51
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
As I said, we didn't SEE her cheat. The author showed what everyone else did EXCEPT Hinata. If she'd been cheating, surely we'd have been shown that, in order to know how she managed to pass the test. Someone go back and look over that episode, see what Hinata is shown doing and let us know. I'm QUITE sure we don't see her cheating and I equally sure she DIDN'T cheat. Of course, I can't prove she didn't cheat, but you can't prove she did cheat either, so maybe we should leave it at that.
exactly, we know that she passed, but all she had to do to pass was to not chicken out the last question and not get caught cheating. we know that she had answers on her paper, but we don't know where they came from. so that leaves 3 possiblities. number 1, she cheated, but the writer didn't take the time to show what she did. number 2, she knew the answers, but the writer didn't care to mention she was smart. or number 3, she guessed the answers and hoped they were right.... but even this senerio isn't explained by the writer.

and thusly, it is just best to leave it the way it is, the writer will probably not go back and explain this, and it is highly irrelivent which senerio it could have been because no senerio is most likely the correct answer
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 19:27   Link #52
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Yeah it'd be like, "Hey, what are those veins sticking out of your head?" FAILED!
Or she's have to totally turn behind her. Neji, in the back of the room could get away with it. Hinata couldn't.
You seem to be forgetting that the byakugan also gives 360 degree vision. Even if she was in the first row, she could look at the test of the person behind her. Then she'd just have to read it upside down. Unless...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-26, 19:32   Link #53
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
You seem to be forgetting that the byakugan also gives 360 degree vision. Even if she was in the first row, she could look at the test of the person behind her. Then she'd just have to read it upside down. Unless...
Spoiler:
The veins are still sticking outta her face. Plus...have you ever tried to read kanji upside-down and backwards?
Old 2004-03-26, 19:48   Link #54
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
The veins are still sticking outta her face. Plus...have you ever tried to read kanji upside-down and backwards?
True, but then she would have only been caught once, when she first activates it.
As for reading kanji upside down, maybe the ninja behind her was an idiot and wrote everything in kana.
Old 2004-03-26, 19:50   Link #55
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad
Note the difference between charity and stealing, I don't consider her as the female Robin Hood w/ Byakugan...
Old 2004-03-26, 19:58   Link #56
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
True, but then she would have only been caught once, when she first activates it.
As for reading kanji upside down, maybe the ninja behind her was an idiot and wrote everything in kana.
Not true. They all write in Kanji. The yet to be released special book vol. 4 says so.

Anyway, your assumption would have to be that she activates her Byakugan only once. But, she turns at looks over at Naruto at least 2 or 3 times and would have to reactivate, unless she just found someone with all the answers right away.
Old 2004-03-26, 21:19   Link #57
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
I mean that Shikamaru is smart, while Hinata and Sakura are able to study well
I'm not saying that Hinata and Sakura are dumb, rather that Shikamaru doesn't have to know a lot of facts in order have high IQ...

Yeah, I know.. It was sort of physics/math questions, and having high IQ is good for solving those, but it is easier to have learned how to solve them from before...
i don't think you know what you are talking about. a 12-13 year old kid that doesn't study or anything wouldn't even know what all the things in mathematics and physics that exist even with a very very high IQ. just because he is smart doesn't mean he knows everything. it lookes like not many here have encountered anywhere near university math and physics.
Hisoka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 21:42   Link #58
MikoKikyo

She might have actually realized the catch of the test at some point (as someone did, I don't remember who) and thus, she might have cheated because she felt that it was the right thing to do (then she wouldn't feel bad about breaking the rules). same thing with some other characters, it didn't show them cheating because if they realized that they were supposed to, it left you to assume that they did, or tried to, logically. Prior to that, it was pretty clear that she had confidence in her answers enough to offer them to Naruto, but it really seemed to me that at that point at least, that these were her own answers.
It's more likely that the later explanation about how the questions were next to impossible, and her previous apparent knowledge of the answers might just be an inconsistency by the author.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 23:28   Link #59
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Quote:
So she was totally stealing answers from MOUSTACHE GUY!

Hinata...why must you turn this Chuunin exam INTO A HOUSE OF LIES?!
LOL It so hilarious everytime you bring him up ..... He is a pimpster though, I think he will be the one to defeat Itachi
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 00:27   Link #60
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
i don't think you know what you are talking about. a 12-13 year old kid that doesn't study or anything wouldn't even know what all the things in mathematics and physics that exist even with a very very high IQ. just because he is smart doesn't mean he knows everything. it lookes like not many here have encountered anywhere near university math and physics.
Maybe when YOU were 12-13, but there were 12 year olds that went to college with me. Graduated by 14. Exceptional kids can be exceptional at lots of things.