AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-16, 02:30   Link #201
DanielSong39

Possible plot lines:

Koko vs. Nanaka: my personal choice. We get to see a teenage soap opera played out by the inseparable quartet! They can borrow heavily from both girls' scenarios and still come up with a coherent story.

Nanaka vs. Yume: school idol vs. siscon. If Yume wins this round we're going to see an outright riot... think Kotori vs. Nemu.

Otome vs. Yume: all-out war! Now this has the potential to get REALLY ugly. And uglier the better, at least when it comes to ratings.

Koko vs. Yume: otherwise known as the Canvas 2 route. Childhood friend vs. siscon. But who will play the Yanagi role?

Koko, single path: Think To Heart (original), or Lamune. May have some potential - though it may turn off some viewers right off the bat.

Minatsu: Who knows, maybe they'll pull a SHUFFLE! and have her steal him from under everyone's noses.

Koko vs. Nanaka, KGNE style: I REALLY hope I don't see this.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:21   Link #202
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
It'll be Otome vs. Yume, they're the leads.

But both Otome and Yume are likable, much like Sakura was in DC, so I'm perfectly fine with that. Also, Yoshiyuki is not as cool as Jyunichi, but it's not like Jyunichi had a personality in the anime so it doesn't matter.
Old 2006-08-16, 17:48   Link #203
DanielSong39

I have to admit that a Yume/Otome bloodbath could produce some must-see-TV.

By the way, is everyone aware that Yume and Otome are not his blood-related sisters? That little point made for some dramatic irony in Da Capo - when Kotori (incorrectly) assumed Nemu and Sakura were out of the running since Nemu was Jyunichi's blood-related sibling and Sakura was his cousin.

Alas, that turned out not to be the case.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-08-16 at 18:10.
Old 2006-08-16, 18:12   Link #204
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
By the way, is everyone aware that Yume and Otome are not his blood-related sisters? That little point made for some dramatic irony in Da Capo - when Kotori (incorrectly) assumed she was in the lead since she thought Nemu was Jyunichi's blood-related sibling and Sakura was his cousin.

Alas, that turned out not to be the case.
Well, everyone should know about them not being blood-related if they read the first post of the thread.

As for Kotori... I don't remember whether or not it was talked about in the game or the anime, but in considering it now, I think it's pretty doubtful that she might have been mislead by the sibling assumption. After all, she was a mind-reader. Even if she didn't learn that Nemu was only his adopted sibling through mind-reading, I'm sure she should have picked up that Junichi's feelings for her were pretty strong (at least, in Nemu's game path and the anime). The only time I can think of where they (arguably) portrayed Kotori as "assuming she was in the lead" was in D.C.S.S. (debatable, especially if the drama CDs are taken into account), and that wasn't due to the sibling factor. I guess you could also argue that for the first anime, when she builds up her courage to confess, but there are mitigating factors for that as well. I may be forgetting something though, too... it's been a while.

In D.C. II, though, those types of misconceptions are much less likely, seeing as Yoshiyuki has a different last name. At best, I guess people may assume they're cousins or something.

Edit: clarifications...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 20:22   Link #205
DanielSong39

In episode 10 of Da Capo anime, Kotori doesn't seem to be aware that they are not blood related. In fact, this fact doesn't become widely known until much later, when Jyunichi and Nemu become a "couple".
Old 2006-08-16, 22:09   Link #206
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
In episode 10 of Da Capo anime, Kotori doesn't seem to be aware that they are not blood related. In fact, this fact doesn't become widely known until much later, when Jyunichi and Nemu become a "couple".
I think I see where you're coming from (though the evidence itself isn't conclusive, persay). The implication is still a bit of a leap, IMO; if she had known they weren't blood-related, would anything have changed? Would that have all of a sudden put Nemu "in the running" in her mind? They were still siblings by law and public appearance; from her perspective, them being related by blood was sort of icing on the cake. (Though to Nemu and Junichi, of course, it was a big distinction, tied to those key events in the past.) That being said, I think I recognize what you're pointing out - in D.C. I, the other characters had every reason to believe that Nemu and Junichi were siblings like any other (while certainly close), while in D.C. II, less so. On that point, I certainly agree.
Old 2006-08-17, 08:48   Link #207
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Possible plot lines:

Koko vs. Nanaka: my personal choice. We get to see a teenage soap opera played out by the inseparable quartet! They can borrow heavily from both girls' scenarios and still come up with a coherent story.
Yeah that is indeed drama heavy and I have a feeling the producers will somehow want this in.

Quote:
Nanaka vs. Yume: school idol vs. siscon. If Yume wins this round we're going to see an outright riot... think Kotori vs. Nemu.
Hmm, like something out of DCSS perhaps?

Quote:
Otome vs. Yume: all-out war! Now this has the potential to get REALLY ugly. And uglier the better, at least when it comes to ratings.
Try playing Yume's route. It does get ugly.

Quote:
Koko vs. Yume: otherwise known as the Canvas 2 route. Childhood friend vs. siscon. But who will play the Yanagi role?
How about Wataru?

Quote:
Koko, single path: Think To Heart (original), or Lamune. May have some potential - though it may turn off some viewers right off the bat.

Minatsu: Who knows, maybe they'll pull a SHUFFLE! and have her steal him from under everyone's noses.
Nahh, don't think so. Those ideas just won't click here in DC II I'm sure.

Quote:
Koko vs. Nanaka, KGNE style: I REALLY hope I don't see this.
Actually
Spoiler:

While there's lots of potential for any of those girls to get into a situation with Yoshiyuki, we just won't know what the producers are going to come up with. I suggest we stay tuned and watch for it.

Quote:
Actually there's a problem with that. Remember that Kotori was psychic while the tree was alive? She would have known anyway. Of course, no one knew of her powers, so if she seemed like she was not aware, it was probably because she feigned it
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-08-17 at 09:00.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 08:54   Link #208
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

sorry - pls delete this mods
Old 2006-08-17, 08:58   Link #209
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Speaking of the animation, has there been any news in the Internet about it? Even on the Japanese side?

And to all the eroge veterans here, based on your experiences, how long does it take for an exceptionally popular game to be rendered as an anime series, on an average? 4-5 months?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 11:28   Link #210
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
Speaking of the animation, has there been any news in the Internet about it? Even on the Japanese side?

And to all the eroge veterans here, based on your experiences, how long does it take for an exceptionally popular game to be rendered as an anime series, on an average? 4-5 months?
It varies largely, but it tends to be at least 12-18 months or more. Reason being that, like most any anime series, they need about that much production lead time between initial planning/financing negotiations to the first airdate (remember: just because anime airs weekly, doesn't mean they actually do an episode's work in a week ), and they wouldn't normally start that until the game's complete. (Some game companies are now starting to get anime into their production plans even before the game release, but most companies are just focused on the game itself first, and spin-offs/adaptations come later.) Typically they'd time an anime series to coincide with a related game release (usually console, or spin-off), so that also explains the lead-time.

In any event, there hasn't been any news yet. I've always predicted Summer 2007, since the previous two D.C. anime series were Summer 2003, and Summer 2005 respectively, and that would fall within the 12-18 month window, but we'll see... Fall 2007 would also make sense, given the winter theme.
Old 2006-08-17, 11:41   Link #211
Koutarou

12 to 18 months T_T
i'll be half dead by then to wait for it ^^;;
Koutarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-17, 11:50   Link #212
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:

The fastest conversion to anime that I have seen was To Heart 2. The game was out on PS2 around December 2004, then the anime series came in October 2005.

As for Da Capo II... is this some conspiracy... or do I always see Otome and Yume posters in the NHK ni Youkoso anime?
Old 2006-08-17, 16:40   Link #213
DanielSong39

Let's be patient; it's just a matter of time... Da Capo II is a mortal lock to be animated at some point. Probably late 2007.

Besides, the last thing you want is a rush job like To Heart 2.
Old 2006-08-19, 02:51   Link #214
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hmmm...this is turning into a DC2 TV series wishlist thread. ^_^

First thing of note: If they ever make DC2 a TV series, they simply MUST let KyoAni do it (Suzumiya Haruhi, the upcoming new Kanon TV series). That way, even if the story goes straight on the express train to hell, at least the art will be good.

Second thing of note: combining all the storylines together for an anime rendition isn't always bad, but it has to be done well, with style, and true to the characters, otherwise it falls flat.

Third thing of note: (right-clicks Nanaka artbook pic) I'm not criticizing the DC2 art style, but I would like to see a slightly different take on the characters if they ever do a TV series version. But then again, that's just me.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 12:54   Link #215
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
Hmmm...this is turning into a DC2 TV series wishlist thread. [...]
Well, it's good to dream, but the first surely won't happen. Da Capo's doing well, but it doesn't have that kind of marketability and noteriety. I thought both Zexcs and feel did fine jobs (though you have to judge the DVD version of S.S., not the TV broadcast), but of course a more pretigious studio would be nice. And for what it's worth, I think it's pretty doubtful the story would go to hell -- the story of the game seems practically "made for TV" in many ways, it's just a matter of how you assemble it.

The second... I felt the first D.C. anime did that for the most part (combine the story threads from the game well), though it had to cut some stories out in the interests of time and focus.

Third, most anime ends up looking a bit different from the game since it gets a new character designer (plus, the art has to be simplified somewhat). But, that being said, I really like the game's art style a lot. They didn't get Naru Nanao back, but the new team did a great job (IMO).
Old 2006-08-19, 16:24   Link #216
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
They sure did. Yume, Otome and Nanaka are the definition of cuteness.
Old 2006-08-19, 16:51   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
If they ever make DC2 a TV series, they simply MUST let KyoAni do it (Suzumiya Haruhi, the upcoming new Kanon TV series).
Even though i do love KyoAni so much, Feel did an all around amazing job for both Da Capo shows, so its only right if they could do a third.

Heh, thats just how i see it. ^^;
Old 2006-08-20, 02:15   Link #218
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Hmm, looks like trying to fill up all the "holes" in the Omake is harder than I thought. I've tried replaying the various scenarios then going through the "unvisited" areas (eg places where you're not expected to bump into the girls). While it did unlock more events in the omake, there are still places I can't seem to access. Looks like a detailed walkhthrough might be my best hope.

BTW anyone take liking to the soundtrack? These two are my faves:

If I Wish by Aki Misato (the first ED when completing Yume's path; happens on 1/31 afternoon and begins playing once you have no control over the text)
Time Will Shine by Alchemy+ (the BGM when Nanaka and Koko talk and make up during Nanaka's path, happens on 1/27 in school, begins playing once Nanaka and Koko step outside the classroom)

Speaking of soundtracks, who ever heard of a song titled "/usr/local/bin/banana" ??? (it's Minatsu's theme by the way)
Old 2006-08-20, 08:08   Link #219
MeganeShounen
Huh?

My favorite tracks on the OST:

1) beautiful flower - I swear, the first time I saw this OP's movie, I instantly fell in love with it. It was just the same as the time I fell in love with the To Heart 2 Character songs. I'd kill to get the original CD just to listen to this. Well, maybe I won't kill, but at least something at the same worth as Higurashi or School Days. :P

2) Mabushikute Mienai - What can I say? I'm a Nanaka fan as well. Though Darkmirage said it best when it would have been better if Nanaka's VA really did sing it (yozuca* sang it). Still, it's good enough for me to get a good image of Nanaka in my mind.

3) Da Capo II ~Asaki Yumemishi Kimi To~ - Hey, it's another of the OP's. Catchy as it is calming to my nerves.

Quote:
Speaking of soundtracks, who ever heard of a song titled "/usr/local/bin/banana" ??? (it's Minatsu's theme by the way)
Hmmm... from the looks of that song's title, and from a specific one of the CGs for the game...
Spoiler:

-----------------

QuickEDIT: I almost cried when I saw this. (Thanks to kwok for the bit of news.)

Da Capo II Manga Underway?

Last edited by MeganeShounen; 2006-08-20 at 09:17.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 09:48   Link #220
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Hmmm... from the looks of that song's title, and from a specific one of the CGs for the game...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-08-20 at 10:07.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel