AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-20, 18:59   Link #2581
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000 View Post
...I'm still sort of half-expecting them to announce tomorrow that the game will be delayed for another six months ;-P
O ye of little faith!

Amazon show it in stock as of this morning, so I guess it's no longer vapourware.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 06:08   Link #2582
Simon
気持ち悪い

Pardon the double post, but I've just finished watching ICE - I think it might be relevant to the interests of Simoun fans.

Why? Well the obvious answer would be its combination of sci-fi and yuri aspects, plus a certain amount of gender-bending (it's set in a world where all the men have died out, and one of the main female characters is voiced by a bloke). But the real reason is harder to explain, something about the way it throws in a whole lot of intriguing stuff then leaves you wondering what the hell is going on. Much like Simoun, it's not a show for people who want their anime to make immediate sense

Also, Kitamura Eri (Amuria) plays a character called Mint, who has nothing to do with Galaxy Angel.
Old 2007-06-21, 06:27   Link #2583
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Pardon the double post, but I've just finished watching ICE - I think it might be relevant to the interests of Simoun fans.
Agreed, Simon. I've been disappointed with the responses in the ICE thread. I would highly recommend this OAV, if you're willing to bear with the teens who voice half of the characters. The irony of having a show about strong, multi-layered female characters aimed at the looks-over-talent idol singer market! ^^;

Of course, it's not the slice-of-life show much of Simoun is.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 10:05   Link #2584
Yui from Okinawa

Send a message via Yahoo to Yui from Okinawa
Simoun fan made game trailer

http://simounsrw.web.fc2.com/

Fun the Simoun fan -made game trailer!

Last edited by Yui from Okinawa; 2007-06-22 at 10:19.
Yui from Okinawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:06   Link #2585
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Simoun cosplay contest at "Yurisai" in September

http://www.yuricon.org/events/07Cosplay.html
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:18   Link #2586
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

The Portly 88-Keyed Fellow expects relevant pictures of said event.

Good to see it's getting some notoriety.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 07:20   Link #2587
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7kUvBBa98
For those who can't play the PS2Game
Here the ending

And about the game, i'm satisfy about the role that paraeitta play
She will rest the best character i love for the entire series
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 20:47   Link #2588
Simon
気持ち悪い

Merci, IchiKyo. It's been mentioned here before, but the full-length OP and ED themes can be found on savage genius's album Kaze no Kesshō.
Old 2007-07-02, 06:21   Link #2589
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I've record my progression on Youtube
Can i post the link here?
It's only for those which really can't play the game
We learn more about Amuria on the Game...
Old 2007-07-02, 07:54   Link #2590
fignae
floofer. floof.

Ads for the PS2 game in Yuri Hime S. I can't remember these being posted.

fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 03:55   Link #2591
Simon
気持ち悪い

According to the Media Blasters panel at AX, Simoun will be released sub-only.
Old 2007-07-03, 14:36   Link #2592
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I kinda figured that would happen. A bit of a shame, as I always look forward to hearing a dub to either laugh/cringe at how bad it is or to marvel at the novelty of a good one.
At least this means the discs will be dirt cheap, though
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 01:40   Link #2593
Simon
気持ち悪い

Some vaguely interesting news from AOD:

Quote:
Monday, July 16th, 2007

Media Blasters Talks Titles (04:45 PM EDT): A new communication out of Media Blasters today highlights some things we'll see more formally soon as the email listed just titles and dates:
  • Simoun Vol. #1 (6 ep) - 11/13/2007
Sadly I still can't find a single mention of Simoun on the Media Blasters site. If anyone from MB is reading this, I'm grateful to you for licensing Simoun, but as a source of information your site is the most useless of any anime company I know. Please, please get rid of all the Flash eye-candy, and replace it with HTML that people can actually navigate through and link to. I want to see this anime succeed, but it's hard to encourage people to buy it when you can't even point them to an official page

Last edited by Simon; 2007-07-17 at 02:04.
Old 2007-07-17, 12:19   Link #2594
jtrog

I've been interested in the ps2 game as well since I saw they were working on it last year. I got my fingers crossed and already ordered it from the play-asia people. If I get the game even still just sealed in package and never play thats good enough for me. I collect things to have not to sell. Waiting as well to see what they do with the series on DVD. My fingers are crossed and I am looking out the window every time I hear a door ... (added signature for part of this here listed corrected spelling)

Last edited by jtrog; 2007-07-19 at 13:44.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 14:02   Link #2595
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

I love the game more than the Anime
The new Character "Ashura" is awesome (her Golden Simoun too)
New ennemis are terrific... those new Sybilla (with new Simoun : Red, Blue etc...)
Old 2007-07-21, 00:24   Link #2596
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Received my copy of the Simoun Drama CD, the one where the entire Sybilla all goes to "Tokyo City." Highly enjoyable, although I didn't get parts of it. I'll be looking forward to November to get my first Simoun DVD.

Some key parts:
Spoiler for Drama CD:
Old 2007-07-29, 15:37   Link #2597
animes25

Hi guys

this was the secret concert that savage genious did, and I was able to tape the simoun ending, hope you like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vhPSPgN-d8
animes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 07:32   Link #2598
Simon
気持ち悪い

Seen in an Akihabara vending machine: Limone, the official drink of Simoun fans everywhere. Goes great with mouse stew!
Old 2007-08-16, 07:28   Link #2599
darthfury78

Angry Eri/Erij: A woman's mind trapped in a man's body?

After reading the summary regarding episode 2, I can't help but wonder about the decision that was placed upon Erii at the springs temple. I got the impression that the male gender was forced on her by the preistess because she couldn't make the choice on her own. In retrospect, I do believe that Erii was seriously leaning towards choosing the female gender.

The forced actions by the priestess led to the tragic consequences that would affect Erii for the rest of her life as a man. I don't believe that she would have seriously chosen the male gender option if she had made a firm decision beforehand. As the result of the actions that was not of her own choosing, Erii is made to suffer emotional turmoil as she undergoes her transformation to a man. This is certainly a classic case of a woman's mind forever trapped in a man's body.

I was doing some research on Erii/Erij in the Simoun manga. Does she appear in that series as well? If so, was the fate placed on her the same as in the anime? From what I've read so far about the springs temple in the manga, it mentioned that the process can be reversed. In contrast, the gender selection is permanent. Is this true?

It's ashame that Erii was made into a scapegoat for this circumstance. I would have loved to have seen a great deal of character development made to her by the writing staff. Erii could have been a interesting character if they had kept her around thoughout the series as a pliot and her interactions with the other cast members. I do feel that the wrong character was used for this controversial decision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, if Eri never existed in the manga, then I'll assume that the writers of this series created her as a entrapment to draw more people to this series, as Erii/Erij was only used 2-3 times. If this was their intension, then they did an excellent job at doing just that.

Simoun had the potential to become another Eureka 7 without the yuri attached to it for the mainstream audience. Instead, they made it into a controversial series surrounding the transgender issue among the girls as they reached the age of 17. This is probably the only thing that would keep the series from reaching the popular maintream level of Eureka 7.

I am certainly convinced that Simoun could have gone on to 52 episodes. Also, I do feel that Erii would have been an interesting FEMALE character. Too bad they wrote her off as a man.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 07:49   Link #2600
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I was doing some research on Erii/Erij in the Simoun manga. Does she appear in that series as well? If so, was the fate placed on her the same as in the anime? From what I've read so far about the springs temple in the manga, it mentioned that the process can be reversed. In contrast, the gender selection is permanent. Is this true?
To be honest, there's not too much manga. Three chapters in Yuri Hime, and the scanlation is on Lillilicious's web site. It's mainly about the Mamiina vs. Aeru arc.

Quote:
Simoun had the potential to become another Eureka 7 without the yuri attached to it for the mainstream audience. Instead, they made it into a controversial series surrounding the transgender issue among the girls as they reached the age of 17. This is probably the only thing that would keep the series from reaching the popular maintream level of Eureka 7.

I am certainly convinced that Simoun could have gone on to 52 episodes. Also, I do feel that Erii would have been an interesting FEMALE character. Too bad they wrote her off as a man.
After watching the entire series, I'd have to disagree. The thing I loved about it was how unpredictable it was. Everything I _thought_ would happen didn't. Even the ending - I couldn't have imagined it would have ended like that if I'd tried for a hundred years. It just kept me totally off balance. The gender issue IS an important element, BUT it wasn't really the end all and be all to the story. In the end, Eri/Erif was just another minor character. What WAS the show all about? It kept changing as you watched.
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri