AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 93 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-04, 08:14   Link #141
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So how come people don't smuggle in gold while disguised as priests and sisters?
Old 2008-04-04, 16:32   Link #142
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So how come people don't smuggle in gold while disguised as priests and sisters?
Because they wouldn't have the credentials. Just saying you're with the church won't guarantee you getting past the customs agents. They're not stupid, you know.
Old 2008-04-04, 17:47   Link #143
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then back to square one. how did work for Horo?
Old 2008-04-04, 19:50   Link #144
Eric10301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then back to square one. how did work for Horo?
lol exactly
Old 2008-04-04, 20:50   Link #145
Xacual

Didn't Lawrence and Horo both get into the Rubenhagen without being searched because they were with Nora and the guards knew her so well?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-04-05, 01:54   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Didn't Lawrence and Horo both get into the Rubenhagen without being searched because they were with Nora and the guards knew her so well?
Yeah I would assume going with Nora would help bypass any serious inspection. That and I'd assume undressing women traveling into the city might have some negative impact on people going to the city. Any time you may be able to explain why they could get Horo in it can go to why don't people smuggle gold that way.

At least in this case it seems Nora could explain why they got in. If they go to other cities where people are being searched as they go in could be troublesome for them. Worst case Horo waits until dark, have Horo jump the walls and take care of it that way.
Old 2008-04-05, 02:29   Link #147
DanielSong39

Some minor plot holes in episode 13 (namely Lemerio Company's idiocy), but an otherwise excellent episode - and series. Looking forward to season 2!
Old 2008-04-13, 18:09   Link #148
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post

Spoiler:
So there are two more arcs to go though? Would that be enough to make another 13 episode series?

I wouldn't be opposed to that....
Old 2008-04-13, 20:52   Link #149
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
So there are two more arcs to go though? Would that be enough to make another 13 episode series?

I wouldn't be opposed to that....
Well if we count each novel as an arc there is plenty left to go through. Only got through the first 2 so far. Novels are still coming out with the 8th one coming next month. So that'd make 6 arcs that could be animated with more on the way.

Guess it all depends on how many episodes they'd want to give for each novel. I'm sure some wouldn't mind each one getting some extra episodes so less could be left out.
Old 2008-04-15, 14:13   Link #150
Blade26

It would be great if they came out with another season. I really want to see more and have some of my questions answered.
Old 2008-04-16, 02:47   Link #151
Tran225

wat ever happen to returning horo back to the north?
Old 2008-04-16, 02:56   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's exactly where they're *eventually* headed as they return to their adventures on the road at the end of series. The first season anime series covered the events portrayed in volumes 1 and 2. More adventures happen in volumes 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.... next volume is due out in May.

The series is focused on the journey rather than the destination so much. They've got probably a thousand miles to go in a horse-drawn wooden cart so there's time for many, many adventures and a strong relationship. I suppose when it comes time for the last novel, they will reach the north and the readers will find out how the end-story plays out.
Old 2008-04-16, 06:49   Link #153
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The series is focused on the journey rather than the destination so much. They've got probably a thousand miles to go in a horse-drawn wooden cart so there's time for many, many adventures and a strong relationship. I suppose when it comes time for the last novel, they will reach the north and the readers will find out how the end-story plays out.
Considering Horo's characteristics I bet after they reach Horo's homeland and meeting her original expectations which will be impossible since she had been away for such a long period, she will make a proposition to Lawrence for the two to head south since she had not seen it.
Horo is the kind of person who enjoys the process not really holding high expectations for the results.
Old 2008-04-16, 13:39   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This has been my speculation of a story ending:
that her homeland was decimated by some nastiness. That may have been why her pack originally headed south but she was too young to remember.

They'll eventually get there and she'll discover tragically that there is nothing left for her at all -- she may even start to fade away. Here's the coin flip - Lawrence professes his love for her in the strongest terms; will that be enough to keep her from fading?

If it were a Western author writing the plot, I'd say yes - happy story ending .... but Eastern authors love those bittersweet moments of transience though so I'm not confident of that ending.

However, even if she stays with Lawrence and they live a happy life (like Tri-ring says, the journey is more important than the destination) - after the story ends at some point she'll be alone again and I would suppose at that point she'd choose to fade away ... their relationship passing into memory (rather like the story of Arwen and Aragorn).

All things are impermanent, the longer you live the more clear that becomes.
Old 2008-04-17, 19:19   Link #155
DanielSong39

Oh well, if things don't work out with Horo, Lawrence is sure to look Nora up.

Amusing to see him working on a backup plan in the latter episodes.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:26   Link #156
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Considering Horo's characteristics I bet after they reach Horo's homeland and meeting her original expectations which will be impossible since she had been away for such a long period, she will make a proposition to Lawrence for the two to head south since she had not seen it.
Horo is the kind of person who enjoys the process not really holding high expectations for the results.
I think you're on to something there. Maybe they reach the north and all kinds of drama unfolds but both Horo and Lawrence survive. Perhaps they find something in Yoitsu that makes them rich. They wonder what to do next. Horo suggests going all the way south again, or perhaps east or west. The story continues.
Old 2008-04-22, 16:49   Link #157
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
Just saw the whole series and LOVED it! I sure hope a second season comes soon. Out of all the animes I've seen I have to say this one is the best! As far as writing and story goes it was too perfect, even surpassed Haruhi, I was really surprised. Been ordering Horo merchandise all week! ^^
Old 2008-04-26, 11:08   Link #158
weeyoongknight

Hi,about this anime spice and wolf episode 13 ending i'm nothing any opinion,feeling very nice but still want to look forward the wolf horo back to the noth,hope this anime have season 2.
Old 2008-04-26, 22:42   Link #159
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well I just read the first few post of the thread of this episode and want to defend the idea that Horo was not [straight forward - raped] by the young wolves nor the youthful boss... They may have been just humiliated her verbally, beat her around, nipped at her, or even yearnate on her. I'm not a wolf-psychologist but I've seen enough animal shows of wolves humiliating a lone-wolf (female/male) that way. That's how they show dominance as a pack or to one another.

-If the point was already argued, please just take mine as another opposer to the "perv-theory." (its highly illogical to me.)

Other than that, the series was great. Perfect for an arc.
Old 2008-04-26, 23:15   Link #160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, that idea was pretty much out of left field and really has nothing to do with wolf pack behavior nor the events in the story. All Horo did was the wolf equivalent of baring her throat to show submission to the local talent.