AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 04:01   Link #1541
longshot

so i've been wondering from what the forums tell so far ths story seems to have gotten more mysterious for me if anyone can summarize volume 17 on what the "sisters of dawn" mean it could help shed some light on my predicament

so far i take it it has to deal with the aftermath of losing one void user?? and to those who already stated their opinions about Saito heres mine

All balls nearly no brains i guess his teachers were right when they said he was a little slow in the head, hes a man of action no thoughts
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 06:54   Link #1542
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
anyone can summarize volume 17 on what the "sisters of dawn" mean it could help shed some light on my predicament
I haven't even started reading it... For some reason, can't get the motivation to read through the entire thing about the aftermath's of that not-so-great development near the end of 16...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 16:02   Link #1543
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I haven't even started reading it... For some reason, can't get the motivation to read through the entire thing about the aftermath's of that not-so-great development near the end of 16...
thats understandable i suppose
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 18:49   Link #1544
azziz

Quote:
thats understandable i suppose
...but we still must count on you,right Serenade-dono?please?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 03:41   Link #1545
digger314

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
then what happen to derf? did they try to repair it? When I looked in the illustration of vol 17. I saw saito fighting someone and cuts it down. Then did he just used a simple sword?
Spoiler for intelligent sword:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
hmm and hope someone enlighten us. Then again another question in the end of vol 16 ( I think ) Their is julio again plotting something with the pope tell a cute nun that she will be the next void. What happened after that?
Spoiler for vol 17 spoilers:

Quote:
so i've been wondering from what the forums tell so far ths story seems to have gotten more mysterious for me if anyone can summarize volume 17 on what the "sisters of dawn" mean it could help shed some light on my predicament

so far i take it it has to deal with the aftermath of losing one void user?? and to those who already stated their opinions about Saito heres mine

All balls nearly no brains i guess his teachers were right when they said he was a little slow in the head, hes a man of action no thoughts
I think it's referring to the end of the volume where Louise is still dressed in her nun clothing and rays of dawn light falls on her.
Spoiler for spoilers:

Last edited by digger314; 2009-07-20 at 21:23.
digger314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 04:14   Link #1546
digger314

finally read all the volumes. gotta say the comments in this thread almost discouraged me from reading past vol 8. it actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. the characters actually do grow, yes including Saito.

Spoiler for vol 16/17:

Last edited by digger314; 2009-07-20 at 04:44.
Old 2009-07-20, 05:43   Link #1547
fhxc885

Wait so is still Josette still the candidate for the void and who is still this "janet" and what is her role in the story
fhxc885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 15:38   Link #1548
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Finished... (´∀`)zzzzzzzzzzzz...

As always, if you want the full story (and a lot better told that I did), you will have to read it yourself. I tried to outline the parts that need focus, so walls of text that didn't matter in the long run (I think), etc. were cut. Also, the quality of the summarizing seems to waver depending on how I felt after reading the chapter...
Thinking back, it wasn't even that eventful of a volume...

Spoiler for Vol.17 Summary:

Spoiler for A few other thoughts:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-07-20, 16:03   Link #1549
tsunade666

Thank you very much for the summary serenade dono

Spoiler:
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 22:36   Link #1550
digger314

Spoiler for vol 17 spoilers:
Old 2009-07-21, 04:26   Link #1551
fhxc885

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Finished... (´∀`)zzzzzzzzzzzz...

As always, if you want the full story (and a lot better told that I did), you will have to read it yourself. I tried to outline the parts that need focus, so walls of text that didn't matter in the long run (I think), etc. were cut. Also, the quality of the summarizing seems to waver depending on how I felt after reading the chapter...
Thinking back, it wasn't even that eventful of a volume...

Spoiler for Vol.17 Summary:

Spoiler for A few other thoughts:
Thanks for the summary but now we need to find out what is julio plan, find tabitha, determined josette is the void user and will louise see janet again
fhxc885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 04:48   Link #1552
tsunade666

As for louise getting so pissed of that its one sided. I find it not that big of help. Louise alone is nothing. Her only attack is explosion and her dispel takes time to cast. And then she learns a new one but doesn't really look an attack type for me. As for her illusions. She didn't used it again doesn't she?

Saito is still owning though his bad very bad. As for this volume showing the important of each other I found it rather not true. Their are tons of time saito caught cheating and then louise got mad and all, then run away. I find volume 8 character development more dramatically than this one. I just find it dull as it goes on from never ending loop.
Old 2009-07-21, 07:46   Link #1553
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
You say as if Louise's explosion is no big deal while it actually is - after all it was enough to kill one of Wardes/Waldo forms, and he is a strong mage, and was enough to open enchanted barrier in their school.

Be hit by it and you will die.

And I too believe that Saito will cheat on her again. He is Saito, a perverted retard after all so chances of him not cheating on Louise again are very very very low.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 07:51   Link #1554
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the "Will they? Won't they?" is core to the series. Once that is resolved, we can say goodbye really soon.

I think Saito dating other girls is a sign that in the epilogue, he will return to Earth, since he basically trampled on all of them.
Old 2009-07-21, 10:38   Link #1555
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Well he's up against a very pissed off void user
The thing is that it isn't about his win or loss that is odd. Just that his MP... He is stronger than Dodo, who created a magic big enough to shatter Derf and still run away without fainting, yet Jack easily faints within a few pages of using magic.

Old 2009-07-22, 00:32   Link #1556
digger314

As for louise getting so pissed of that its one sided. I find it not that big of help. Louise alone is nothing. Her only attack is explosion and her dispel takes time to cast. And then she learns a new one but doesn't really look an attack type for me. As for her illusions. She didn't used it again doesn't she?

I kind of meant that in jest. The novel explains that the emotion from the Henrietta incident replenished her MP (I wish she'd find some other way to refill...). And for various reasons (separation from Saito, her repeated use of teleportation to escape the island in baby steps) she is now confident in herself. I think she's changed quite a bit. She's carried an inferiority complex throughout the whole series and we may be seeing the end of that problem.

The thing is that it isn't about his win or loss that is odd. Just that his MP... He is stronger than Dodo, who created a magic big enough to shatter Derf and still run away without fainting, yet Jack easily faints within a few pages of using magic.

Hmm point... but then Jack realizes Louise's threat and decided to do a kamikaze attack, so he probably went all out.

As for whether Saito will cheat again we'll see. If he does I'll be really disappointed in the author (some of you may already be regarding that). Maybe I just read everything in a hurry but the only two times where Louise was really hurt by his "cheating" were both with Henrietta. (Note I didn't read before vol 7). At this point if he cheats again I don't think it'll ever work out. Their relationship is important not just on a romantic level, but a pragmatic one as well because both of their powers depend on their emotional states. Saito's pretty useless without Louise around or if she hates him. It may just be what they need to survive.

Personally I see the relationships being resolved by this point and the series will go in a more serious direction and may be concluding soon. Henrietta - I doubt Saito will try that again. Tifa - never in the competition. Tabitha - I don't think so. Siesta - still in the race at least somewhat but Saito actually resists her seduction attempt in vol 16 - I kinda feel sorry for her though - she actually treats Louise really nicely too and feels content to be second. Reading the volumes together I see Saito's relationship with Louise actually progresses and it's not just a loop. He now understands how she thinks and in vol 16 they actually seriously consider living together and even prepare for future marriage, before of course you know what happened. The separation should enhance his devotion.

Of course I'm not the author so I don't know what he's gonna do for sure. It's perfectly possible if he turns Saito into an irredeemable bastard. Anyway we'll see.

With Johan and his familiar presumably killed, I wonder who Josette will summon. So far it appears all familiars are human/humanoid. Same with Tifa. I wonder if one of them will summon an elf like the founder?! That'd make things interesting.
Old 2009-07-22, 02:54   Link #1557
tsunade666

Same with tifa? did tifa already summon her familiar?
as for the explosion spell. I know its strong to the point it wipe out a whole and even dragons will be toasted by it but its incantations takes time and if louise fires it without a long incantation its radius decreases and its potential. The void magic depends on how long its been chanted.
As for saito cheating again I will not be surprise but its really turning into a boring one. If it happen again I will probably stop reading it for a while but still if the volume is about action pack despite saito cheating I will still check it. And they already consider their future way before its just that their is no time for it to consider. The part where saito come back to the school and stop hiding and all raises that flag I WILL NOT GO HOME. Unless his been dragged back to japan.
Old 2009-07-22, 23:21   Link #1558
digger314

No I meant same question with Tifa (who is she gonna summon). She hasn't summoned yet. I have a feeling she's gonna summon an elf and it may be the bridge needed for some kind of understanding between the "good" void users and the elves.

In Louise's battle with Jack she didn't use a powerful explosion, just a small one to ignite the mass of black powder meant to vaporize Saito. The main spell she used was a dispel to negate Jack's suicidal attack (massive transmutation spell turning the entire area into black powder), while Saito was taking care of the golems.

I'm sure Saito and Louise have considered their future before, but my point is that their relationship is getting pretty serious and deep now so any cheating is more unforgivable and paints Saito in a worse light. The Heinrietta incident is already a serious blow, any further cheating would completely destroy it. If Louise still forgives him after another one without a VERY good reason, I'd lose any shred of respect for both characters. I think it'd ruin a good thing because the level of devotion they have for each other (always ready to sacrifice everything) is just crazy. Now when I say their relationship is important on a practical level it's not just my own opinion. In vol 14 Shelfield thinks she always loses because her bond with Johan is not strong enough, because Johan is just incapable of any feelings. It's cliche yeah but in a story like this it's only logical.

And seriously I think it's time for other things to start to happen. What is the eastern land. Why did the founder who seemed to be at least on friendly terms with his elf familiar declare war on the elves. What is the devils' gate. What is the pope planning. did all humans originally come from the gate? etc lots of unanswered questions and REAL plot to go.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:17   Link #1559
tsunade666

Whats this black powder?
and I agree with that any cheating is bad and its time for the main plot to start. And also the feelings are really the main source of void power. Louise getting angry recharges her MP and saito being happy or love makes him stronger.

Btw why does the emotions involve differ for the two? to make one stronger the one has to suffer. Its kinda lame idea.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:20   Link #1560
azziz

i was asking(myself) the same question since at less two book ago,but all we had was the same crap about louise and saito;it would be time for louise to let the founder book in Tiffa hand so she could learn new spell.And charlotte receiving her uncle's power would be a nice surprise(she deserve them after all he had to endure from him):julio and the pope would be screwed.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen