AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 15:42   Link #8061
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Looking at it from that angle, I think -from the discussion this was continued from- that those that retain a good sense and tangible proof of 'accomplishment' can best cope with breakups
Old 2011-02-09, 11:30   Link #8062
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Heh... wonder of wonders...

Sara, my friend at work, has been kind of pestering me to hook up with her best friend who's been single for a long, long time. I've also been single for a long time, so despite misgivings (Sara is... odd...) I decided to try talking to this girl and, and...

We've got nigh-identical tastes in books, movies, TV shows, we both write for fun, we're both dog people, and she's that interesting girl-next-door type who's cute but doesn't realize she's cute. We've only talked a very little bit, but at the least I enjoy interacting with her and would not mind at all getting to know her better.

I'll just have to remember that sometimes Sara knows what she's talking about. Just not often.
Old 2011-02-09, 12:19   Link #8063
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Maybe she doesn't know how to act or has trouble expressing herself (in company)

And perhaps some people don't take themselves too seriously, that doesn't mean they can't be serious
Old 2011-02-09, 19:07   Link #8064
GDB

Good going, Moczo! Sounds like a good catch.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:30   Link #8065
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Wishing you the best, Moczo.

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 23:25   Link #8066
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Heh... wonder of wonders...

Sara, my friend at work, has been kind of pestering me to hook up with her best friend who's been single for a long, long time. I've also been single for a long time, so despite misgivings (Sara is... odd...) I decided to try talking to this girl and, and...

We've got nigh-identical tastes in books, movies, TV shows, we both write for fun, we're both dog people, and she's that interesting girl-next-door type who's cute but doesn't realize she's cute. We've only talked a very little bit, but at the least I enjoy interacting with her and would not mind at all getting to know her better.

I'll just have to remember that sometimes Sara knows what she's talking about. Just not often.
Hey, best of luck to you!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 10:10   Link #8067
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Hee hee! Thanks for wishing me luck, y'all. I am going to need it because I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope it goes well and I have many happy stories to share in coming months.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:14   Link #8068
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Hee hee! Thanks for wishing me luck, y'all. I am going to need it because I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope it goes well and I have many happy stories to share in coming months.
Hehe just be yourself Judging by what you said and convos we've had on AIM, I'm pretty sure you're doing fantastically with her
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 19:49   Link #8069
Suomi
Kaiba

Well, my first time visiting here ^^;
I've got a question. I've heard that, if a guy texts you while he's playing video games (especially CoD), then he really likes talking to you, or something? i'm curious, cause I've got a guy friend, I don't know that I'm interested in him or that I'm not, but on weekends we generally talk for about five hours at least one night, sometimes two, and one night I was texting him and he said he was sorry for the slow replies, he was playing CoD, and I asked if he wanted me to go then, and he said no not at all but not to expect quick replies. He seems, in general, like he may potentially be interested...or at least exploring the idea.
I thought up til today that it was probably just friendship, but now I'm wondering if my mother (the one who's been saying, since she knows about all this, that it looks like he may be interested) might be on to something.
I'm not asking if he likes me or anything like that, just wondering if it's anything significant (texting me while playing it)...wow, I cannot articulate this well, sorry >.<"
Old 2011-02-11, 20:04   Link #8070
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
I've got a question. I've heard that, if a guy texts you while he's playing video games (especially CoD), then he really likes talking to you, or something? i'm curious, cause I've got a guy friend, I don't know that I'm interested in him or that I'm not, but on weekends we generally talk for about five hours at least one night, sometimes two, and one night I was texting him and he said he was sorry for the slow replies, he was playing CoD, and I asked if he wanted me to go then, and he said no not at all but not to expect quick replies. He seems, in general, like he may potentially be interested...or at least exploring the idea.
I thought up til today that it was probably just friendship, but now I'm wondering if my mother (the one who's been saying, since she knows about all this, that it looks like he may be interested) might be on to something.
I'm not asking if he likes me or anything like that, just wondering if it's anything significant (texting me while playing it)...wow, I cannot articulate this well, sorry >.<"
LOL ok now that's an interesting way to gauge interest.

Well yes I can see how stopping mid-game to reply to texts might be a sign of interest but I wouldn't bet money on that single detail. Now spending hours texting each other is a good indicator of interest but without further details it's also not much to go with. It's all up to you to figure out if he's interested: give some attention to his actions and reactions when you're with him, see if it seems like he's flirting with you.
Old 2011-02-11, 21:09   Link #8071
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
LOL ok now that's an interesting way to gauge interest.

Well yes I can see how stopping mid-game to reply to texts might be a sign of interest but I wouldn't bet money on that single detail. Now spending hours texting each other is a good indicator of interest but without further details it's also not much to go with. It's all up to you to figure out if he's interested: give some attention to his actions and reactions when you're with him, see if it seems like he's flirting with you.
Me either. It's just something I heard about guys and wondered if there was any truth.
Like I said, I'm still gauging interest, and also my speculations were based more on our conversations than videogaming. haha. He seems enthusiastic when talking to me in person, over text it's hard to tell since there's the lack of inflection, but he does seem to enjoy talking, and like I mentioned we talk for hours on end (like, 7 to midnight or 9 to 2 or whatever. round then.). He always gives me this big smile when he sees me, and asks me how I am and when I say good he seems genuinely happy. The interest seems to be mainly friendly, but like he's becoming interested in a little more. I'm just gonna sit and watch how it unfolds.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:36   Link #8072
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Quite honestly, I've never heard of such a thing. So I don't really think that single fact alone is enough to tell if he's interested in you or not. Still, the fact that you two can talk for hours is a very good sign, so I'd say that if there's any interest there on his side, it's certainly a promising start, at least.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:51   Link #8073
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm in this situation almost every day at some point. Like everyone else says, I wouldn't bet on this one occurrence, but if a guy can pull himself away from CoD to talk (on a continuous occasion), then he's got at least some sort of interest - either as a good friend or maybe even something more.

Hahaha, listen to me, speculating from a weak hypothesis and a stereotype that may or may not be true. As a note, my fellow male friends don't get text replies until I'm completely done playing online, but I will take breaks to respond to my female friends. Why? One, it's impolite to leave a lady waiting, and two, I can be certain that they often won't fill my inbox with pointless banter like every single one of my fellow mates do. XD And of course, every one of my mates tells me that I'm the odd guy out of the group for many of my ideals.

From what I've personally seen, my buds aren't even serious gamers and they find it hard to pull themselves away from a game to talk to anyone at all, so there's a good possibility that there's at least something there.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:57   Link #8074
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I'm in this situation almost every day at some point. Like everyone else says, I wouldn't bet on this one occurrence, but if a guy can pull himself away from CoD to talk (on a continuous occasion), then he's got at least some sort of interest - either as a good friend or maybe even something more.

Hahaha, listen to me, speculating from a weak hypothesis and a stereotype that may or may not be true. As a note, my fellow male friends don't get text replies until I'm completely done playing online, but I will take breaks to respond to my female friends. Why? One, it's impolite to leave a lady waiting, and two, I can be certain that they often won't fill my inbox with pointless banter like every single one of my fellow mates do. XD And of course, every one of my mates tells me that I'm the odd guy out of the group for many of my ideals.

From what I've personally seen, my buds aren't even serious gamers and they find it hard to pull themselves away from a game to talk to anyone at all, so there's a good possibility that there's at least something there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Quite honestly, I've never heard of such a thing. So I don't really think that single fact alone is enough to tell if he's interested in you or not. Still, the fact that you two can talk for hours is a very good sign, so I'd say that if there's any interest there on his side, it's certainly a promising start, at least.
See my second post. but I think it could be there.
Old 2011-02-11, 23:59   Link #8075
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Then it simply becomes a question of what you would like to do about it.
Old 2011-02-12, 00:08   Link #8076
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
:thumbsup: Very true, whatever path you take, hopefully everything works out for the best for you.

Also, I wouldn't take any sort of relationship advice from me too seriously; I don't have the proper experience I've just seen that situation several times with my other friends. XD
Old 2011-02-12, 00:15   Link #8077
Suomi
Kaiba

Quote:
I think I'll see where it goes.
Thanks Rbeams and Papermario!~
Old 2011-02-12, 02:14   Link #8078
Knightrunner

Quote:
I thnking talking for hours in weekends especially at night are huge indicators. How many guy friends would spend talking for hours and hours? Not to many I believe unless your a special friend. Talking for hours shows that you guys can keep up decent conversations if you guys decide to date. Who knows maybe you guys could be considered a couple without even knowing it. It's almost feb the 14th so I'm kind of curious if he is going to get you gifts or not.

If he is an huge gaming fan or he loves CoD a lot or spends so much time in the game to not be a NOOB and he decide to answer text it is also another sign that he holds you in a positive light to even respond.
Old 2011-02-12, 05:13   Link #8079
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think he just sees you as a really good friend he loves talking to, people tend to hold friends in high esteem, especially when they're having a lot of fun and see each other often. If he has thoughts about starting a relationship, I bet he wouldn't want to risk a friendship over it, so it will probably be just that, unless you suggest otherwise.
As for the CoD texting, he's either really pro and can wipe out a squad while texting, or just texting on his dead time :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 05:18   Link #8080
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Being a gamer, if he's texting you while playing? HE REALLY FRIGGIN LIKES YOU.

No, seriously. I'd drop my game immediately and talk with my gf if I had the chance, probably just me though XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom