AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-16, 15:04   Link #661
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
This was a better episode than last week general, but man did some things really drag it down.

Specifically the whole "everything is Kojou's fault" has gotten really old and stupid now. Why in the nine hells did Yukina blame the rooftop incident on both them when it was entirely her extremely violent best friend fault? Sayaka should be getting harshly reprimand by both Yukina and Simba for putting everyone on the island in danger for no reason yet she gets away with it without so much as slap on the wrist. "Think about what you have done?" Listen, in order for someone to learn from their mistakes they need to actually make one first. And don't tell me Yukina wasn't aware of what happened when she has a familiar designed to spy on him.

To make things worse, Kojou actually conceded the moral high ground to Sayaka which is utterly blaffing. How was the Rudolf stuff anywhere close to his fault? Yukina was one who got involve of her accord and if he hadn't helped out she would be dead. The Terrorists? Yukina was the one who took Valter's bait to begin with and If anything Sayaka should have been the one stopped that (since you know... it's her job) rather than whining about how she hates Kojou for petty stuff. He clearly must have hit his head hard somewhere along the line and damaged his brain to agree to something that ridiculous. If that was writing's attempt to make him seem admiral it failed big time for me. Instead all I saw was a fool with no self respect.

At least the plot moved along pretty well this week and Motoki's ability was quite interesting if not a little weird. I'm not a fan of Asagi being put in the dark again, but it doesn't stop her from contributing on her part so I guess it's okay. The Nagisa stuff looks like might go somewhere next week so that something to look forward to.
I think Yukina was still trying to sort the blame out it's not like she had seen the whole thing and Kojou did feel guilty for hurting Asagi so I don't think he had a reason to push the issue at the time when all she had done was tell him to reflect at what he had done.

He didn't really conceded the moral high ground but it seems from his point of view if he wasn't around she wouldn't have been sent to the island in the first place to get involved with these events so he is responsible. It is a bit of twisted logic but it seems that is his personality.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:42   Link #662
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think Yukina was still trying to sort the blame out it's not like she had seen the whole thing and Kojou did feel guilty for hurting Asagi so I don't think he had a reason to push the issue at the time when all she had done was tell him to reflect at what he had done.
Prehaps, but it doesn't really sit well with me, it's not as if he was the reckless one here nor did unleashed his power willingly. Furthermore going by Yukina's dialogue she's aware of how Sayaka is like, so she have at least straighten her out beforehand. None of this needed to happen nor should it have.

Quote:
He didn't really conceded the moral high ground but it seems from his point of view if he wasn't around she wouldn't have been sent to the island in the first place to get involved with these events so he is responsible. It is a bit of twisted logic but it seems that is his personality.
I can see your point, but frankly just like Sayaka, Yukina is also combat unit. It's her job to be in danger regardless of how pleasant she may be to hang around with. She capable of handling herself more than Kojou can despite his power. I was under impression that he understood that.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 20:12   Link #663
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Specifically the whole "everything is Kojou's fault" has gotten really old and stupid now. Why in the nine hells did Yukina blame the rooftop incident on both them when it was entirely her extremely violent best friend fault? Sayaka should be getting harshly reprimand by both Yukina and Simba for putting everyone on the island in danger for no reason yet she gets away with it without so much as slap on the wrist. "Think about what you have done?" Listen, in order for someone to learn from their mistakes they need to actually make one first. And don't tell me Yukina wasn't aware of what happened when she has a familiar designed to spy on him.
Just because she has a familiar on him doesn't mean she's actually watching him all the time. If we liken the familiar to a video camera, she might not have been in front of the screen watching him at the time, especially since it's classtime.

Quote:
To make things worse, Kojou actually conceded the moral high ground to Sayaka which is utterly blaffing. How was the Rudolf stuff anywhere close to his fault? Yukina was one who got involve of her accord and if he hadn't helped out she would be dead. The Terrorists? Yukina was the one who took Valter's bait to begin with and If anything Sayaka should have been the one stopped that (since you know... it's her job) rather than whining about how she hates Kojou for petty stuff. He clearly must have hit his head hard somewhere along the line and damaged his brain to agree to something that ridiculous. If that was writing's attempt to make him seem admiral it failed big time for me. Instead all I saw was a fool with no self respect.
I think he was conceding a little to end the hostility. It's true he wasn't to blame for most of that stuff, but obviously she's not going to buy that. Picking your battles is a good tactic sometimes

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 20:35   Link #664
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Just because she has a familiar on him doesn't mean she's actually watching him all the time. If we liken the familiar to a video camera, she might not have been in front of the screen watching him at the time, especially since it's classtime.
Actually I assumed her familiar had been recording Kojou's actions rather than Yukina watching him directly in real-time from elsewhere since she can't always be near him. It sounds highly inefficient otherwise.

Quote:
I think he was conceding a little to end the hostility. It's true he wasn't to blame for most of that stuff, but obviously she's not going to buy that. Picking your battles is a good tactic sometimes
I wouldn't have a problem with that if didn't he sound like he meant it. Kojou seemed like he was blaming himself for existing and that's not something I can't ascribe to or understand.
Old 2013-11-16, 21:53   Link #665
kagato3

Also remember what was happening at the time. She got there saw a normal hurt, the roof damaged and Kojou about to go berserk, and the first thing he did was try to pass blame causeing the fight to almost restart. Even if it was not his fualt he could have still tried to go somewhere he wouldn't blow up the school if he couldn't get ahold of himself. There was more the enough blame to go around and she needed to get the injured help first. I'm sure they both would have gotten a chewing out with Sayaka getting the lion's share if you know she hadn't been kidnapped.

It has been shown that Kojou is a tad bit over serious and hates drawing others into his problems.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 22:01   Link #666
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. No matter how you dice it, the whole thing with Rudolph had nothing to do with Kojou. I think that was an oversight on the author's part, but you gotta respect Kojou for being the bigger man. I do and I've always believed that ladies are never at fault.

As for any complaints about the change in Yukina's character where she abuses Kojou, I like to focus on the fact that this isn't the overly shouting and violent type. I mean it's not like she turned violent when he brought it up and not hitting him would have been weirder. When people like us complain about the tiresome flat-chested, violent tsundere, it's not like we actually want the heroine NOT to beat the crap out of the main character when he does something like walk in on her changing. We just don't want them to be a bitch about it and go violent whenever they're reminded of the situation. Another fact I'd like to bring up is that all of Yukina's violent occurred after the final battle with Rudolph after they had grown closer with Kojou decapitation and his necking her. Her recent acts indicate the development of her romantic relationship with Kojou. When she beat Kojou for necking Astarte, it was clearly out of jealousy, which indicates her growing feelings for him.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 00:07   Link #667
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67
When she beat Kojou for necking Astarte, it was clearly out of jealousy, which indicates her growing feelings for him.
O Jealousy, why art thou a honest mistress.

Although, I have read the Chinese Novel, but I really want to see her reaction when her friend, Sayaka, was the next girl that Kojou bits into order to tame the new Kenjuu.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 01:10   Link #668
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Also remember what was happening at the time. She got there saw a normal hurt, the roof damaged and Kojou about to go berserk, and the first thing he did was try to pass blame causeing the fight to almost restart. Even if it was not his fualt he could have still tried to go somewhere he wouldn't blow up the school if he couldn't get ahold of himself. There was more the enough blame to go around and she needed to get the injured help first. I'm sure they both would have gotten a chewing out with Sayaka getting the lion's share if you know she hadn't been kidnapped.

It has been shown that Kojou is a tad bit over serious and hates drawing others into his problems.
If Kojou had retaliated in anyway even though he knew could of destroyed the school I would agree, but that is not what happened. What did was Sayaka showing up out of nowhere swords swinging and Kojou barely having anytime to evade much less strike until he got cut. His body reacted on his own (the Kenju most likely trying to defend itself) then Yukina showing up just in time to suppress it. He never fought back and even tried to run. It should be clear as day to anyone that Sayaka was the aggressor here and it is she who led to Asagi being injured and school being damage on top of that.

If she really wanted to settle her issues Kojou without endangering others then Sayaka should have lured/called him to a secluded place rather than running into a public area attacking him recklessly. I should at least expect that much from a "so called" assassin. Instead the writing is hamsfistingly forcing a false equivalency where there is none in poor effort trying have the two reach a compromise. It would have been much more preferable had Sayaka realize the trouble she just caused everyone after her assault, felt some remorse and chilled out. It's not as if has to be Kojou's friend for this to happen.

Yukina assigning blame on Kojou when she knows Sayaka most likely started the whole conflict is irksome to say the least. She has seen the unprovoked attacks herself prior and I find it had to believe that she didn't know how this happened either with her familiar monitoring Kojou at nearly all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yeah. No matter how you dice it, the whole thing with Rudolph had nothing to do with Kojou. I think that was an oversight on the author's part, but you gotta respect Kojou for being the bigger man. I do and I've always believed that ladies are never at fault.
In most cases would agree with taking the bigger man path, but Sayaka has crossed the line far too much. She has tried to murder Kojou not once, but 3 times and that third time ended up hurting a close friend of his. It's not as if she had some noble goal in all of this, it's just pure jealously fueled by her biased logic. She needs a telling off, because at this point it's the victim that is the one getting torch.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-17 at 03:36.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:54   Link #669
blackwhite67
Banned

Oh, yeah. I thought I should mention this even though it might attract index fans, but along with supernatural creatures from myths there are also espers like Yaze in this universe. Those pills he took as you can see amplify his abilities.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-11-19 at 08:04.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 04:17   Link #670
Gohan78
Awakened One

Sayaka is one of those anime archetypes that I hate: the clingy (lesbian?) girl friend who irrationally hates the MC for hitting on her friend. Other examples are Ume from Ben-To and Miharu from BakaTest. Never understood the appeal of such characters and never will.

So far I find Strike the Blood an interesting show. I especially like the complexity of the world, the character designs and the battles. It reminds me a lot of the Raildex series. If only they didn't indulge in the typical harem antics....
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 04:33   Link #671
Ickarium

Or at least changed it up a bit, yeah. I thought they were going to in the first ep, but they're sliding down to typical harem hijinx(tm), and that saddens me a bit.
Old 2013-11-19, 12:21   Link #672
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The show still has some very nice visuals, and some good characters, but yeah, I'm also disappointed at the conventional harem approach that the show is now taking. The harem approach tends to hurt characterization, at least in more serious shows, as this one seems to be.
Old 2013-11-19, 18:33   Link #673
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Sayaka is one of those anime archetypes that I hate: the clingy (lesbian?) girl friend who irrationally hates the MC for hitting on her friend. Other examples are Ume from Ben-To and Miharu from BakaTest. Never understood the appeal of such characters and never will.

So far I find Strike the Blood an interesting show. I especially like the complexity of the world, the character designs and the battles. It reminds me a lot of the Raildex series. If only they didn't indulge in the typical harem antics....
Cheers, comrade. More or less my exact thoughts on the series so far.
Old 2013-11-20, 05:01   Link #674
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 7: Jealousy, abduction and a bunch of bored-as-hell characters.

Immortality brings people to bottomless ennui, and Vatler decides to spice up the world by helping some terrorists to acquire WMD-tier technology and destroying it himself. What a nutcase. Meanwhile, after making a mess at school, Sayaka and Kojou are forced to join forces against the Nalakuvera while Asagi toils on her supercomputer in trying to contain Nalakuvera.

And next episode... Yukina discovers with shock that Kojou will have tasted another maiden's blood by the end of the episode. Oh boy. XD
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 05:29   Link #675
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

And next episode... Yukina discovers with shock that Kojou will have tasted another maiden's blood by the end of the episode. Oh boy. XD
I wonder if we will get another unexpected "safe day" excuse -_-

Haiz.... this is really turning into campione. Even Natsuki's word that simbo.org like kujou and send another girl for him screams like campione. And here I thought the harem hijinks won't be center piece. Here I know there will be harem because I read the many a but I hope it won't be that important.

Yukina is being bland and boring too or rather her character felt unstable for me. I like asura cryin more than this one.

The one thing that will keep me interested is the kenjuu. Hope it won't turn bad.
Old 2013-11-20, 07:28   Link #676
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Fortunately, I have no idea what Campione is about.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 08:10   Link #677
Ickarium

Spoiler for description of Campione and a comparison between it and Strike the Blood:

Last edited by LKK; 2013-11-20 at 18:06. Reason: remember that discussions of other series must be contained in a spoiler box
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 08:15   Link #678
tsunade666

I know. I read campione novels.

I'm stating the premises where the girls gets introduce.

Remember Yuri was send to godou like a piece of meat. The same can be said for simba.org

Simba.org send already 2 girls to kujou while godou had 2 girls from Italy.
Old 2013-11-20, 08:20   Link #679
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I know. I read campione novels.
I was replying to the person who said they had no clue what Campione was about. Figured I'd reply in thread as it does have parallels to StB.
Old 2013-11-20, 08:26   Link #680
dmaxzero

This show its a bit too stupid. The issue is that it takes itself seriously and at this point I cant turn my brain off at that level any longer, so I am dropping it.

I am baffled cause the first episode was very nice.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires