AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 16:57   Link #41
Antonik

Show was okay, I'm kind of unfulfilled though that Van stays exactly the same after this whole ordeal. and Fasarina turned me on when she faught Van I'm a sad person.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 10:50   Link #42
Antonik

I have a question what did Joshua go on to do? He mentioned something about getting his brother back, and van said it would take 100 years or something to that extent, I was really confused.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 07:08   Link #43
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
I have a question what did Joshua go on to do? He mentioned something about getting his brother back, and van said it would take 100 years or something to that extent, I was really confused.
Spoiler:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 08:33   Link #44
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
Spoiler:
You sure about the planet thing? I thought they were just talking about Volcain and how long it would take to recover its pieces or something. I don't even think Joshua would know the coordinates to any other planet (other than the moon) if he didn't already knew it before (since he didn't seem to know everything about space travel when they we're trying to get Van up there).
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 08:37   Link #45
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
You sure about the planet thing? I thought they were just talking about Volcain and how long it would take to recover its pieces or something. I don't even think Joshua would know the coordinates to any other planet (other than the moon) if he didn't already knew it before (since he didn't seem to know everything about space travel when they we're trying to get Van up there).
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-21, 08:53   Link #46
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
Spoiler:
They have the El Dorado to do all the heavy lifting, that should be no problem. Even if he was trying to go to another planet, it wouldn't take that long because if Volcain was able to go to Endless Illusion (or whatever Van's planet is called) then it would be able to go back just as fast.

From what I can remember, Claw Man's base got destroyed too and a lot of it sunk into the sea, so that might make finding the pieces\bodies take a long while. Also, I also doubt CM's workers would just leave dead bodies in front of him during all that birthday stuff, they probably disposed it somewhere.
Old 2006-07-24, 10:20   Link #47
Residentbadass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDuaL
Agree with Shika and Kagu. Still an awesome series overall, but a few things keeping it from reaching the top. What really bugs me is:

Spoiler:
Let me take a shot at that. This is probably way off, but what the hell...

Spoiler:

Yeah, so thats my take on why the Claw Man did what he did. I feel pretty embarassed after that, so I hope none of my friends read these boards.
Residentbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-24, 15:03   Link #48
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

^ Interesting theory, but I feel Gadved had more to do with it than the Claw man. He was the one who pointed CM to Van and his bride after all.
Old 2006-07-25, 04:22   Link #49
lommm
l'homme de lommm

i watched the whole series last month and i saw it like this:

Spoiler:

that's the way I see it... this show is about 80% great, but a couple of the early fillerish eps are misplaced and the actual resolving of the conspiracy and cult of the Claw Man is rushed because of it... but several of the character are really great (Van and Ray especially)... I almost feel like the show would have been better off to be structured more along the lines of Shinichiro Watanabe's shows... sure, there's a through line for the plot of the whole series, but he only uses the last three or four episodes to resolve it, not the last 12 eps, the way this show does...

also, what's with the show being on "Planet Endless Illlusion"???? It could have been much better to be on Earth in the distant future, post apocolyptic war or something...
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 08:39   Link #50
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Planet Endless Illusion:
Old 2006-07-25, 08:40   Link #51
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Planet Endless Illusion:
Old 2006-07-25, 11:49   Link #52
Residentbadass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm
i watched the whole series last month and i saw it like this:

Spoiler:

that's the way I see it... this show is about 80% great, but a couple of the early fillerish eps are misplaced and the actual resolving of the conspiracy and cult of the Claw Man is rushed because of it... but several of the character are really great (Van and Ray especially)... I almost feel like the show would have been better off to be structured more along the lines of Shinichiro Watanabe's shows... sure, there's a through line for the plot of the whole series, but he only uses the last three or four episodes to resolve it, not the last 12 eps, the way this show does...

also, what's with the show being on "Planet Endless Illlusion"???? It could have been much better to be on Earth in the distant future, post apocolyptic war or something...

Spoiler:

And lommm, now that I think about it, you're probably dead on with that. Seeing how
Spoiler:
and how
Spoiler:
Add in the fact that Gadved is pretty much a disciplined man with strict principles, I think you hit the nail on the head.
Residentbadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 12:55   Link #53
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

About EI, from what I can remember, It was supposed to be a prison planet and the Original Seven was the enforcers. I have no idea how Claw Man's past ties into this (I might have to rewatch it again... later).
Old 2006-07-26, 05:54   Link #54
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu
About EI, from what I can remember, It was supposed to be a prison planet and the Original Seven was the enforcers. I have no idea how Claw Man's past ties into this (I might have to rewatch it again... later).
from what i remember CW was quite young in the flashbacks.... i assume they mean for him to be very old... and from what i understood... once an Original Seven pilot was linked up to a suit, then the pilot would live indefinitely, as long as the Armor remained intact... so Gadved should be really old, but he doesn't age.... like how Van doesn't age for the end of the series but Wendy and Kameo did...

CW was a refugee on the moon and apparently, EI was already populated....
lommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 23:16   Link #55
Zerowinger

Gun X Sword

i just finished episode 26 and i wonder. is ther any series coming after this? manga continuing where it left of ? or a movie? cause it ended damn wierd.
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 01:37   Link #56
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I think this series was liscened in April/May I can swear I have seen the DVD release dates on ANN . But a great anime though also a very orignal chara Van mecha Dan .

Mod Please shift to Liscened Section

Edit : Liscened by Geneon Entertainment DVD INFO

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-11-05 at 02:21.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 16:13   Link #57
kauldron26
Med Student

absolutely ridiculously entertaining... what a blast. And the ending was just a riot... LMAO.. Why wasnt this more popular??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:58   Link #58
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I loved the series, although the second half felt a bit cliche. Of the early episodes, there were a few really lame villains, but also some interesting ones. What kept the series strong despite a cliched main story (at times), and the occasional bad filler was that it always focused on the human element and characters. In particular, I adored the El Dora Five for representing the heart of this series. Cliche? Yes. But they were so cool, I couldn't care less. I'd have happily watched a 26 episode series where they were the main protagonists, especially if it was set in the past when Chizuru and her Pink amigo were still alive. Those old men are far more interesting than Van (at least for me).
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:23   Link #59
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just making sure you also watched the little 'extra' at the end.

Damn that turtle is HUGE!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:41   Link #60
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
absolutely ridiculously entertaining... what a blast. And the ending was just a riot... LMAO.. Why wasnt this more popular??
Yea, this series really should be more popular, I'd even say this is THE No.1 best series of the recent three years for me. It's just perfect in every single aspect, for me at least
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote