AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-03-14, 04:48   Link #58501
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActualJambles View Post
I can promise you I will read and give feedback on whatever you post. I only ask that you do the same thing in return for me. Honestly, there are so many other places to post your story and it won't get washed away. People follow it over on FanFiction, and many other sites. I recommend posting yours on fanfiction, I.S fics are pretty popular there. I have a couple friends who will enjoy reading yours if you post it.
If you say so.

Project Silverback

An OC story that's set in a different part of the IS universe. To an extent, it shows the IS universe from a different perspective. But it does take part in the same timeframe as the Canon. So far, the main portion of it is set during the events of Vol. 1-4 (mostly) in the IS Light Novels.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 09:31   Link #58502
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Ichika dreams were always more vivid than what he saw in real life. Must be the result of the loss of 70% of his vision – Ichika’ mind filled his fantasies with the broadest range of colour as possible. It was always too bright, too vibrating, too bizzare and expressive…

And so how his eyes were blinded by the incandescence white did not surprise him. In a moment, an illusion was perceived before the mind even attempted to rationalize it: fire spirits danced, in the vapor of oceans, to worship the great sun which was circled by an aura of seven-colour flame.
When his eyes finally adjusted, Ichika realized he was facing a high-voltage halogen light, the same type used by theaters and cinemas. Not just the addition of the lamp, but his whole room had changed in just one night. Wooden boards were pulled out and replaced with white ceramic tiles, as with the walls. The window, opened to the spectacular scene of ever-changing seasons, was nowhere to be found. And all the furniture was threw out for an austere bed – it couldn’t be anymore simpler to imagine: a metal net hooked on four legs, and a futon was placed above the net.

What could had happened in just mere hours?

Ichika soon got his answer as a familiar face appeared at the doorstep.
“Hi, hi, Ik-kun!” The woman pounced on him like a tiger and buried his face within her bosom. If he had not wiggled out of the crushing hug, pain and the lack of air might had outright ended him.

Ichika took a good look at his sister’s best friend, who was sitting right next to him on his bed – Tabane-nee hadn’t changed much since he last met her. In fact, there was no different between she of today and she of seven or years ago, when the eldest Shinonono left her family. Still the purple hair, the sharp eyebrows, and the overly cheerful grin that puzzled people. She might had been wearing an European gown and a pair of bunny ears, but in Ichika’s eyes, Tabane was still his unrelatedable sister (despite how much their feeling to each other were mutual.)

“Do you like your new room, Ik-kun? Chifu-chan asked me to furnish it just for you!”

“It..Uh…How did I get here anyway?”

“I come home at midnight…”

“…then loaded you up to my rocket…”

“…and we are here, now.”

“…You kidnapped me?” The world was suddenly went spiral before Ichika. The inside of his head was the same as with a tire being pumped with air: pressure compressed the brain to solid at one moment, and then expanded it to tighly fit the skull by the next second.
Ichika had to burried his head between his knees to suppress the painful groans.

“Ah! I’m so sorry, Ik-kun!...Here, drink this!”

A lot of effort was made before the pills and the accompanied water be forced down his throat successfully. The poor boy almost choked and spluttered and bite on his tongue.
The sister and the brother sat still, no word exchanged, for the next minute or so. And when Ichika was able to calm his mind, he spoke again:

“Why couldn’t you just wake me up, and then we can go by airplane or cruise ship or…”

“Silly Ik-kun! Have you forgotten how your Tabane-nee is a walking tin man?”

Those words were unnecessary, for Ichika had already gotten his answer from Tabane’s mirthless smile: The inventor of I.S was shrouded in as much mysteries as her creations: A liberator of women and mankind in general? A mad genius who wish for the overthrown of every establishment of the world? A person who does not set feet on the same solid ground as us?

Even the dearest to her didn’t have the correct answer.

“Anyway, I’ve something extra special for you. Ta-Da!”

A rectangular box of two parts hinged together was pushed into his hands. He didn’t see the box details-to-details – he couldn’t, but just by the weight and the grain patterns felt by his skin revealed the wood to be Brazilian chocobolo.

“Come on, hurry up! Open my gift!” There was more enthusiastic in Tabane, the giver, than in Ichika, the receiver. His faith hadn’t fully recovered from the shock.

He hesitantly pushed open the box. And inside it was…

“Glasses?” A very thin – minimalist, even – pair of round glasses that wouldn’t be out of place in an Victorian setting. Ichika could not help but marvel on the thinness and strength of the glasses.

“I made it just for you! You won’t have any headache if you use this glasses instead of your old ones.”

The glasses were clear; or rather, his eyes were clear. The white mist that drenched his view had gone completely, leaving the world in all of its glorious vividness. An influx of details deluged his mind, but there was none of that all too familiar pain that usually accompanied the information overload.

“How does it work!”

“It’s great, Tabane-nee! Thank you!” She became even more giddy after hearing that. Tabane dragged Ichika, still in his sleeping clothes, out of the room. Ichika’s place was on the end of a corrindor that had neither door nor window. Looking at the grey concrete made a shiver ran down his spine.

“To breakfast, then! And you can begin your training after that!”

“What…What am I going to train for?!”

“All will be revealed in time. But you have to meet Ku-chan first!”
Continue with where I left last time.

Does Chifuyu have the heart to sentence her brother to a near-torture/training experience with Tabane for a month?

Oh, and none of us "old guys" has posted anything news recently?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-16, 10:49   Link #58503
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Demino, that sounds like my stratovsky particle compressor x3
Old 2016-03-17, 01:11   Link #58504
Noires

Just wondering has the author axed/cancelled this series? I read somewhere that the LN is no more?
Noires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 01:23   Link #58505
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

He got axed by his original publisher but later found a new one.
Old 2016-03-17, 01:30   Link #58506
Noires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
He got axed by his original publisher but later found a new one.
Great thanks. I was worried for a second there, I thought no more IS, and was kind of sad. But glad to hear he/she got another publisher
Noires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 05:50   Link #58507
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm still uncertain if that even is a good thing...
Old 2016-03-19, 09:36   Link #58508
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Hey,I have a thought. How about an IS fanfic where Ichika gets sick? I call it Ichika‘s Sick Day. Chifuyu‘s younger brother suddenly feeling ill during class.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 11:41   Link #58509
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So thinking on it on spare time between odd jobs and being a teitoku, I've had two rough ideas on the suits worn by the military. They're rough ideas mind you but I came up with 2 systems.

The basic idea of both stays the same: the military fatigues are interwoven with special metal fibers consisting of microscopic computers acting as nerve tissue of an IS when activated. They connect to the IS via the IS network making the connection between the soldiers and their CO in the IS hard to detect or break. It also allows the IS to gain field info via the tactile information obtained by the nerve fibers in the fatigues. The military uniform itself acts as a flexible body armor stronger than steel and provides strength and increase in reflexes. Upon request or the discretion of an IS pilot, they can route more powerful functions to the soldier granting greater strength, speed and even a limited capacity of shielding and PIC for a short time.

The thing I have not decided yet is the nexus of the system. Sure the IS can send the energy and connection but despote the fiber, the soldiers have no transceiver to receive and send data. So it came down to two ideas. Originally the idea was to use a band. An IS pilot granted a band to soldier and they could wear it as anything they wanted: a bracelet, an anklet, an arm band, anything. The most common practice was to wear it as a collar though. This system gave subtle hints as to the subservience of males to IS pilots. The second system is a medal or badge system. It is an emblem or icon pinned to the uniform to interface with the uniform and grant the necessary boost to the soldier.

In both cases, they act as the mouth piece and speaker for communications between pilot and soldiers. If the soldiers are skilled enough, they can communicate telepathically over the IS network while wearing one of either item. IS pilots are naturally able to telepathically connect to them due to higher functions of the IS assisting them while soldiers have to pick up the slack with skill. The more soldiers have a connection to a single IS pilot, the less power an IS pilot is able to distribute among her troops, however each transceiver a soldier wears can only receive a finite amount for extended periods of time so there is no benefit to being small in number. Even then it is rare for an IS to expend enough power to spread itself thin short of providing power for a whole invasion force numbering in the thousands before there is a minute loss of performance on the soldiers' or IS' performance.

Though uncommon. It is possible for a soldier to be under the command of multiple IS pilots and therefore having the transceiver of each of these IS pilots and the boosts they provide. Though the overdrive previously described works only for a short time because of the transceiver being only able to accept so much energy for so long before burning out. The uniform on the other hand can contain much more energy with no problems whatsoever. This made soldiers with multiple bands or badges more powerful than those with less.

Ichika starts with two, one from his sister and another from his CO. Dan starts with one from his CO and gets more down the line. He gets more as he obtains the mission of hunting down Ichika after Ichika betrays the military. Unlike Ichika, Dan can never forgive the foreigners, because he lost his family during the extended attack on Japan by the UN after the White Knight Incident. The only remaining family Dan has left is Ran and she lost the ability to use both her legs while left with a weakened immune system by radiation poisoning from the nuclear warheads.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2016-03-19 at 12:05.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 21:54   Link #58510
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Hey,I have a thought. How about an IS fanfic where Ichika gets sick? I call it Ichika‘s Sick Day. Chifuyu‘s younger brother suddenly feeling ill during class.
how ill like puking or passing out?:/
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 01:21   Link #58511
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Now that I am up to EP11 and read some of the tech applications, Bahamut's world is downright scary and can actually pose a huge threat to and IS forces.

And seriously fuck the Old Empire, they need to be Degeneration Cannoned into the next oblivion.
Old 2016-03-22, 15:51   Link #58512
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What bahamut?
Old 2016-03-22, 23:25   Link #58513
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
What bahamut?
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.

Oh, I'm back, guys. I miss you a lot. /sarcasm
Old 2016-03-23, 07:22   Link #58514
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What the hell is this "Rafale Revive Special", people?

And here is the EOS:

Reminded me of something else...

Oh, on a side note:

It seems CHOCO is at least familiar with firearm. The gun seems to be a M4 with Magpul M-LOK (I suspect the flat sides are simply the Pitcanny rails covered with rail cover.) The stock, however, look surprisingly similar to the one found on the previous generation of H&K 416.

Wait... IT IS WRITTEN ON THE PAGE. Anyone here know Japanese?

And I don't know Honne's engineering learning extends to firearm?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2016-03-23 at 07:48.
Old 2016-03-23, 08:56   Link #58515
Router25
World Connector. I think

^THIS EOS, I knew it.
My fanfic is (somehow) rekindled!
Old 2016-03-23, 09:07   Link #58516
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
how ill like puking or passing out?:/
You can say something like that.Or Ichika got a flu and a fever causing to cough thus making him sick.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 14:54   Link #58517
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess the equivalent of the EOS in my lore is the Armor Stratos concept because it sounds like it extends pilot operation.

Armor Stratos were add-ons that usually enclosed much of the pilot, increasing weight dramatically while improving survivability. Early models carried a lot of supplies for extended periods of EVA, and have advanced life support systems and waste recycling. This increased adaptability of each incredibly scarce IS.

Mid generation AS dialed back on that and focused more on being IS tanks, however it was quickly discovered that no amount of armor or shielding was going to increase IS survivability under fire from other IS. Through the shift of design from hulking bulks (the Japanese Gane line is a vestiege of that design concept) to the hi-MAT designs of recent, Armor Stratos became add-ons that either gave a lot of firepower or a lot of speed, simply by swapping out plates for generators and processors. They still however remain enclosures that protect the pilot better.
Old 2016-03-23, 19:20   Link #58518
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... It's strange to found this: http://crooz.co.jp/en/2138_EN%202015...CROOZ%20IS.pdf
Old 2016-03-23, 20:44   Link #58519
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It is very bad and I think it recently ceased operation.
Old 2016-03-24, 03:45   Link #58520
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
It is very bad and I think it recently ceased operation.
That so? Where do you get that information?

Anyway, have anyone here ever thought about why their fics hasn't been that famous?

I ask this because I recently post on FF.net a Fire Emblem fic that I really have high hope for. Days latter, it only attracted one follower.

No, I'm not writing for popularity, but it's kind of downcast to see something like that. And I think there is a fault on my part (ever since I started making those "outline" and write to them, my stories have become more and more segregated.)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest