AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-30, 14:56   Link #2001
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Any juicy details on Vivio's school life? Or how about our new twin-tailed girl?
Old 2009-05-30, 14:56   Link #2002
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
The last page posted by JINNSK says clearly that she is now 10 years old, no more doubt about it.
*does the math* Horray! So she was 6 in StrikerS then.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:10   Link #2003
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Any juicy details on Vivio's school life? Or how about our new twin-tailed girl?
How are you going to react if tell you that she is somehow like the old Fate? ^^'
The last sentence about her says that : "Even if she is (looks) reticent, this girls has in fact a nice personality" (or whatever you would use to translate "yasashi").

About Vivio (I edited my previous post), it says that "Raised by her two mamas, Nanoha and Fate, Vivio grew an healthy girl".

If somebody could confirm the translation, that would be appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2009-05-30 at 15:25.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:16   Link #2004
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
How are you going to react if tell you that she is somehow like the olf Fate? ^^'
The last sentence about her says that : "Even if she is (looks) reticent, this girls has in fact a nice personality" (or whatever you would use to translate "yasashi").
*Adds a checkmark in her prediction book* Quiet girl Check.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:19   Link #2005
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
How are you going to react if tell you that she is somehow like the olf Fate? ^^'
Cheer? Seriously, the old dark(ish) Fate > the current mellowed out one.

Quote:
Sounds about right. Let's hope she gets to keep some of that darker personality though.

Quote:
About Vivio (I edited my previous post), it says that "Raised by her two mamas, Nanoha and Fate, Vivio grew an healthy girl".
Nuttin' new there then.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:29   Link #2006
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Nuttin' new there then.
Are you kidding? It says a lot to me by what it doesn't say. Or to be more clear, by who it doesn't even mention.... whatever, maybe everybody already forgot about him >.>
Old 2009-05-30, 15:32   Link #2007
TheShinySword
*Author

*coughs* now now. I know you're not trying to start anything are you? Because here in the manga thread we're talking about manga things. Like how I hope (and bet) Twintails appears in the next chapter.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:32   Link #2008
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I try not to. I'm still disappointed that Yuuno didn't even get shown in the 'I'll send an E-mail to all the people who helped me' page. Seriously Vivio, your own private teacher in magic and the Infinite Library doesn't deserve an E-mail?
Old 2009-05-30, 15:46   Link #2009
Dri

Send a message via AIM to Dri
Quote:
I try not to. I'm still disappointed that Yuuno didn't even get shown in the 'I'll send an E-mail to all the people who helped me' page. Seriously Vivio, your own private teacher in magic and the Infinite Library doesn't deserve an E-mail?
Well, neither did Teana. And she's one of the four people who originally found her and saved her, so you'd think she's actually more significant than Yuuno.

You figure Yuuno's probably just busy or they decided he just wasn't worth the screentime anymore as anything but a convenient plot device. Which sounds about right.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:52   Link #2010
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And Zafira. Come on girl, this is the babysitter you even went as far as to give a pet name to! Where is his mail?

But yeah, I do agree that this pretty much rules out any role for Yuuno in Vivid. Maybe a little cameo at most, but I'm not even holding my breath on that one.

Then again, I think none of the pre-strikers characters are going to have significant roles, what with all the 'it is time for a new generation to spread its wings' and all. Fate is only supposed to be here for a few days, so she will probably leave soon, opening to road for Ginga and her sisters to make a dynamic entry into the fray.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:54   Link #2011
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
And Zafira. Come on girl, this is the babysitter you even went as far as to give a pet name to! Where is his mail?

But yeah, I do agree that this pretty much rules out any role for Yuuno in Vivid. Maybe a little cameo at most, but I'm not even holding my breath on that one.

Then again, I think none of the pre-strikers characters are going to have significant roles, what with all the 'it is time for a new generation to spread its wings' and all. Fate is only supposed to be here for a few days, so she will probably leave soon, opening to road for Ginga and her sisters to make a dynamic entry in the fray.
Oh that's right. I forgot, Fate probably won't be in the story after a few chapters for a while.
Old 2009-05-30, 15:55   Link #2012
BPHaru

Quote:
Are you kidding? It says a lot to me by what it doesn't say. Or to be more clear, by who it doesn't even mention.... whatever, maybe everybody already forgot about him >.>
I think the same. It means a lot in a very positive way, because besides of Fate being a mother for Vivio, now we know that alongside with Nanoha they effectively raised her together, which means that they spend more time together, resulting in a healthy girl.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-05-30, 16:07   Link #2013
Dri

I'm still thinking they'll find an excuse for Fate to drop in now and then-- and Nanoha too, for that matter. I won't know any rest until we see Vita's reaction to Sacred Heart, either!
Old 2009-05-30, 16:16   Link #2014
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Dunno, Nanoha may make a few motherly appearances, being temporarily out of action and all, but Fate being on duty would mean she'd throw herself into the action, which would go against the whole 'new generation' thing.
Old 2009-05-30, 16:46   Link #2015
Dri

Quote:
Dunno, Nanoha may make a few motherly appearances, being temporarily out of action and all, but Fate being on duty would mean she'd throw herself into the action, which would go against the whole 'new generation' thing.
Hm, true... well, we know for a fact that by Force, she's back in action already, or at least for special investigations she is. So she's either going to come back in action sometime in ViVid or they'll offscreen it; but that's a very real possibility there that they's not going to respect their 'new generation' thing a whole lot. XD

Who knows about Fate and the Wolkenritter, though.

Then there's the Forwards; if they're giving the Nakajima sisters screentime, are they going to give Subaru, Teana, Erio and Caro some too? Probably not the latter two since they're still on their own little planet apparently, but what about the former two?
Old 2009-05-30, 16:50   Link #2016
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri View Post
Hm, true... well, we know for a fact that by Force, she's back in action already, or at least for special investigations she is. So she's either going to come back in action sometime in ViVid or they'll offscreen it; but that's a very real possibility there that they's not going to respect their 'new generation' thing a whole lot. XD

Who knows about Fate and the Wolkenritter, though.

Then there's the Forwards; if they're giving the Nakajima sisters screentime, are they going to give Subaru, Teana, Erio and Caro some too? Probably not the latter two since they're still on their own little planet apparently, but what about the former two?
Subaru seems to be going to play a role in force so I doubt she'll be in Vivid. That seems to be how they're going to play it so far. Large role in Force, little to no role in Vivid and Vice versa. They have such a large cast now they really can't afford to do other wise.
Old 2009-05-30, 16:53   Link #2017
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They managed to respect the new generation just fine in SSX, so I'm confident they can do the same thing here.

Though Teana and Subaru.... it's possible. Teana is an Enforcer after all, which would come in mighty handy during the investigations. Subaru is possible as well, what with the rest of the Nakajima family being involved already.

That said though it wouldn't surprise me if they had small to non existent roles either. Both of them already had quite sizable roles in StrikerS and SSX after all.
Old 2009-05-30, 16:59   Link #2018
Dri

Quote:
They managed to respect the new generation just fine in SSX, so I'm confident they can do the same thing here.

Though Teana and Subaru.... it's possible. Teana is an Enforcer after all, which would come in mighty handy during the investigations. Subaru is possible as well, what with the rest of the Nakajima family being involved already.

That said though it wouldn't surprise me if they had small to non existent roles either. Both of them already had quite sizable roles in StrikerS and SSX after all.
What, no way. D:

StrikerS was all about Nanoha going BLASTER THREE! DIVIIIINE... and then totally stealing the show in the end. Fate and Nanoha's fights had like twice the screentime of the Forward's fights outside. AND FATE HAD AN INSERT SONG. The only 'respect' to that medium they had was that the Forwards are the ones who saved the Aces in the end. Otherwise it was pretty even with some heavy focus on how ridiculously overpowered Nanoha is.

But yeah, that's true... they had SSX to themselves or almost, and TheShinySword has a point when saying Force looks like it'll have something heavy to do with Subaru and hopefully Teana. PLZ DON'T DIE TEANA. D: D: D:
Old 2009-05-30, 17:01   Link #2019
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I said 'sizable' roles, not 'largest' roles.

Though the later is true for SSX.
Old 2009-05-30, 17:21   Link #2020
Dri

Quote:
I said 'sizable' roles, not 'largest' roles.

Though the later is true for SSX.
Oh, true enough, then. XD

Ah well! More Ginga screentime is definitely nice, either ways. She didn't get much in StrikerS, we don't even know what her hissatsu is! (I want to guess it's probably Trident Smasher, though.)
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen