AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 13:05   Link #1321
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
His Ryusei Seikuken is incomplete enough for Boris to break through it, and is completely useless against Miu, and possibly anyone with a rack. Poor guys is too easily distracted.
Elder said to empathize but not that deep!

Yeah he can't fight girls if his life dependend on it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 14:50   Link #1322
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Elder said to empathize but not that deep!

Yeah he can't fight girls if his life dependend on it.
True he cant fight against girls he would not even fight against One of shadows that old lady with the hot body if she attacked him.

Also I want to bring up the topic one more time.

Kenichi is stronger than Miu in both terms of strenght and skill, its only that Miu has bin fighting and going through endless of situations where she has had to fight to survive and witness countless fights between her grandfather and other people and has had her life around martial arts since she was capable to walking straight.

So its not suprising that Kenichi is not capable of defeating her yet, also the reason why is..

1. She is a girl and he loves her.

2. He cant use all of his skills when fighting against a girl.

3. And he only uses Jutsu against girls because it revolves around gravity and grips so he doesnt have to hurt them.

Also in Kenichi´s case as well he looks as hurting girls a form of sexism.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 15:32   Link #1323
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Kenichi is stronger than Miu in both terms of strenght and skill, its only that Miu has bin fighting and going through endless of situations where she has had to fight to survive and witness countless fights between her grandfather and other people and has had her life around martial arts since she was capable to walking straight.
There is no way Kenichi is more skillful than Miu.... what kenichi has is endurance, raw power and many different martia art techniques... but lacks skills in how to apply them or how to even use them correctly... and as you said Miu spent her entire life witnessing master class fights.... lets take for example Kisara.. she was simply not able to beat Freya at first but by just remembering her fight with someone stronger than her (Miu) and "copying" her moves she won... apply that logic to someone watching the elder for 10+ years.... it isnt something you can learn in the short the time Kenichi stayed at the dojo.

I think that Kenichi has a lot of potential in him but he still a newbie in the martial arts world... i sometimes tend to compare him with Naruto... pretty useless normally but if it is a friend in danger we are talking about there is no one out there that can stop him.
Old 2008-12-14, 00:25   Link #1324
Ewauksonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
There is no way Kenichi is more skillful than Miu.... what kenichi has is endurance, raw power and many different martia art techniques... but lacks skills in how to apply them or how to even use them correctly... and as you said Miu spent her entire life witnessing master class fights.... lets take for example Kisara.. she was simply not able to beat Freya at first but by just remembering her fight with someone stronger than her (Miu) and "copying" her moves she won... apply that logic to someone watching the elder for 10+ years.... it isnt something you can learn in the short the time Kenichi stayed at the dojo.

I think that Kenichi has a lot of potential in him but he still a newbie in the martial arts world... i sometimes tend to compare him with Naruto... pretty useless normally but if it is a friend in danger we are talking about there is no one out there that can stop him.
Even his masters admit it - Kenichi has no talent, which pretty much means no skill.

He has high endurance, but this will only last so long, until there's an opponent that take him out with one hard hit... wait, there is. IT'S TIRWAWIT.

Besides, his endurance isn't something natural - his masters literally hammered it into him because they knew it take much longer to train other traits.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 01:39   Link #1325
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Ryuuto has definately gotten stronger, I don't doubt that for one second. Although Kenichi's Seikuken is superior as he achieved the ultimate form of Seikuken that only Sei types can learn. Miu herself said so.

I actually enjoyed the Boris fights, as its been pointed out that in that Fight, Kenichi was the superior fighter, and it was Boris who was the underdog of the fight. But Kenichi was oblivious to it, since Kenichi has always been in Boris' position.

I think Takeda has gotten better, but not to the level you think he is. Kenichi will probably go in underestimating him and getting pushed to being more serious. Thats my prediction. But if Kenichi uses his Seikuken, Takeda won't stand a chance.
I wouldn't bet my cookies on Kenichi's Seikuken. Firstly I think Ryuuto's Seikuken now is stronger and has evolved in a different way than Kenichi's. No normal Seikuken would stop Miu. The Ryusui Seikuken is the creation of the Invincible Super-old-man, but there must be more than one evolved version of the Seikuken, and since Ryuuto is the disciple of the one who has 'Flow' as symbol there has to be something there.

Takeda's master is also a master level, If he could manage to have a more or less fair match with the "one shadow" guy, he is definitely no pushover. And since he doesn't know how to restrain himself (like certain Ryozampaku master), Takeda probably had gone waay stronger, and unlike Kenichi, Takeda actually has talent. Nobody can predict what will happen in this match.

And besides, there is still a long way to go before Kenichi masters the Ryusui Seikuken. He still loses concentration too easily, and his Seikuken can be fooled and destroyed by other techniques, like in the fight against Kano Shou.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 17:05   Link #1326
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

apparently many of you are misunderstanding what they meant by the term "talentless" it doesn't mean he sucks or whatever, it means he doesn't pick things up easily and requires hardwork to learn, rather than just seeing it and knowing it right away.

And what makes you say a "normal" Seikuken can't stop Miu? It did. Making assumptions doesn't help any.

Also, just because Takeda's master is a master level doesn't mean he's all that and a bag of chips. We've seen several master levels that got their ass handed to them.

And the fight with Shou was different, its his first time actually using Ryusei Seikuken. You can't use that as a solid base for arguments. Of course he hasn't completely mastered it yet. But he at least knows how to use it at will.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 17:20   Link #1327
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

James Shiba managed to survive fighting Saiga when he put his guard down that shows me that he's not one of those fodder master levels but the real deal. Takeda's training has been shown as remarkably similar to Kenichi's and going by how he's fairing in the underground I'd say his strength is certainly great.
Old 2008-12-15, 09:17   Link #1328
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
James Shiba managed to survive fighting Saiga when he put his guard down that shows me that he's not one of those fodder master levels but the real deal. Takeda's training has been shown as remarkably similar to Kenichi's and going by how he's fairing in the underground I'd say his strength is certainly great.
I certainly agree it's great but not great enogh to beat Kenichi. Altough he's been trained by a great master and has talent, against Kenichi's combos he's at a bit of a disadvantage.... and i think he's less dangerous against Kenichi using the adv. Seikuken because there are no kicks involved. Even though his arms are extremely well developed(meaning it's definitely not going to be that easy) I still think it's less dangerous if it's only arms.

Pertainng to the fight predictions, I think he will initially have the advantage over Kenichi, due to his "friends-don't-fight" philosophy . Then when he gets serious, it'll be a real fight going on. Since he's the lead, I have Kenichi for the win, but both will take valuabl experience from the fight.

(P.S. I forecast funny exchanges between Renka and Takeda )
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 09:45   Link #1329
seiji_kun

Takeda isn't all that and a bag of chips like HayashiTakara said. If Takeda suddenly prooves to be a match for Kenichi it would be shitty writing imo. Just looking at the facts should proof it to be damn impossible.

a) Kenichi already was stronger when he won against Tanimoto.
b) Kenichi's been training more intense and probably trains even more time-wise.
c) Not only is Kenichi's training more intense imo, Takeda only received a master when Kenichi was already several levels above him.
d) http://img43.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0084342/07.jpg
e) Takeda got taken out bye Shou easely while Kenichi actually beat him.

So no I can't see Takeda doing anything to him. It'll be like Renka said, he could be a great sparring partner that Kenichi can go serious against and could force Kenichi to use his Ryusei Seikuken but shouldn't be nowhere close to beating it. And he should have learned out of his fight with broomhead, I don't think we'll see a repeat of him not going serious against Takeda.
Old 2008-12-15, 10:05   Link #1330
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

I don't know why but for some reason Natsu despite having no more screentime than the others just feels more like Kenichi's rival [in the sense of competing whilst being on the same side] than most of his other allies. I'd really like to see a rematch between the two espcially in light of the fact that Natsu hasn't had a real fight since Berserker
Old 2008-12-15, 11:27   Link #1331
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I don't know why but for some reason Natsu despite having no more screentime than the others just feels more like Kenichi's rival [in the sense of competing whilst being on the same side] than most of his other allies. I'd really like to see a rematch between the two espcially in light of the fact that Natsu hasn't had a real fight since Berserker
True Natsu is Kenichis only true rival, I dont think Kenichi has ever seen Takeda as a rival in nothing else but for Miu´s attention.

Well we havent seen what Takeda has learned so far but im still pretty sure he is not close to even landing a hit against serious Kenichi.

But since Kenichi is naive and will most likely hesitate on hiting Takeda if they were spar together, im pretty sure he might land a lucky hit or two.

I do think it would be interesting but i also think that if Kenichi would stop having Miu as a sparring partner she would get jealous

I also like to see Kenichi having a 1-1 matches with current allies. Too see how far they have gone compare to Kenichi.
Old 2008-12-15, 11:41   Link #1332
servidor

I wonder if the Masters would be involved in the sparring match? It would be funny to see Shiba and Akisame "encouraging" their disciplines with the possible concequences of loosing the match. I imagine that most of the Shinpaku Alliance would be there to watch the sparring match.

One thing that makes me wonder is that both Kenichi and Takeda are the nicest guys on the series, would the sparring bring out the worst of them out?
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 11:42   Link #1333
ReddyRedWolf

Is he even deserving the rival status anymore?

Kenichi is milking Tanimoto's doubleface weakness for all its worth.

For all intents and purposes he is Honoka's slave. (Probably gonna take after her mother when they're married.)

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 12:31   Link #1334
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Is he even deserving the rival status anymore?

Kenichi is milking Tanimoto's doubleface weakness for all its worth.

For all intents and purposes he is Honoka's slave. (Probably gonna take after her mother when they're married.)

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
This what we call PWNED.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 14:50   Link #1335
Terrean

@ Fight Takeda vs. Kenichi

Please do not forget his fight with Shaggy... judging by skill and effort, Kenichi should have won but in the end it was him being knocked out.

This series tries to remind us of little things that can change everything again and again.
I have no doubt that Kenichi will become more than just a master - maybe the successor of Elder? - but he just has stepped onto the road to there...

btw, I want the time back when we still had to catch up to the latest raws and were given more than 1 translation a day

are these anime good timefiller (similiar to Kenichi) while waiting?
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/hi...sciple-kenichi
Terrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 16:12   Link #1336
OliverTwist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post

are these anime good timefiller (similiar to Kenichi) while waiting?
http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/hi...sciple-kenichi
The anime sticks fairly close to the manga with the exception of a few of the side stories weren't shown. I thought it was really good and am hoping for a second season.
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 16:25   Link #1337
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTwist View Post
The anime sticks fairly close to the manga with the exception of a few of the side stories weren't shown. I thought it was really good and am hoping for a second season.
Well arent we all but i dont like to be the negitive type, but the chances for a second season are almost just as low as a 3rd season of Code geass coming out.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:00   Link #1338
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well arent we all but i dont like to be the negitive type, but the chances for a second season are almost just as low as a 3rd season of Code geass coming out.
Mark my words, Spice & Geass comming april 2010.

And we don't only need a second season for Kenichi, we would probably also need a third season and maybe even a fourth.
Old 2008-12-15, 17:06   Link #1339
servidor

I think it all depends if they can find enough sponsors to produce the show, maybe if we write to CAPCOM, I believe they were sponsors, we might get their interest on the show.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:43   Link #1340
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Mark my words, Spice & Geass comming april 2010.

And we don't only need a second season for Kenichi, we would probably also need a third season and maybe even a fourth.
What makes you say there will be a 3rd season?

Tags
shounen