AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-10, 21:10   Link #1
Blayne Barudorii

Japanese Rap/Hiphop?

The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann theme and the Samurai Champloo theme and "Skittles" music video/haruhi AMV all intrigued me, can anyone else recommend similar?
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:08   Link #2
Genten
has a custom user title

"Skittles" is actually the song "CandyPOP" by Heartsdales, which is the quintessential Japanese rap band and I suggest you start there if you want to delve into the sub-genre.

And while this isn't a band, per se, Hyadain makes some great video game related raps that are in Japanese as well.

I'm not all that well versed in Japanese Rap/Hip Hop (my J-music tastes skew toward the more alternate) but these are some artists that I like that fit what you're asking for.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:19   Link #3
Blayne Barudorii

Thanks, but what do you mean by alternate, I'm into expanding past insert songs and theme music at this point and I'm just about exhausted the good vocaloid songs, fancovers and alternate artists (like Marina doing mosaik roll).

Anything you'ld suggest while you're here
- "I used to think spells equaled power, too. Back when I was alive... You know what equals power? Power equals power. Crazy huh? ... If you can lose it by blowing two will saves then you never had power to begin with." - Xykon's much needed Hannibal Lecture to Varsuvius.

If your interested in an Oots style avatar please feel free to PM me and we can work out the details then.
Old 2011-03-11, 00:21   Link #4
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Nujabes.

Shing02.

'Nuff said.

(granted, not in Japanese, but still...Japanese composers. lol.)
Old 2011-03-11, 14:35   Link #5
Blayne Barudorii

Heartsdale singles are surprisingly hard to fine on youtube

Old 2011-03-25, 14:09   Link #6
Sides

You should try out Rip Slyme as well. Great japanese Hip hop crew and they have amazing PV for their singles as well, easy to find on youtube.
Old 2011-03-28, 19:27   Link #7
anime_diana

Try:

Hi-Timez

K Dub Shine

Ken the 390

-Diana.
Closed Thread