AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 06:11   Link #361
battle22

Quote:
I've said this before but Higanbana is not for everyone. Some people will enjoy it, some people will feel really depressed. I just hope it's an interesting experience for the people who do play it.
...So true, Higanbana is really something else. I just finished Chapter 3, it's something really realistic. At first I only started reading it because 'Hey , It's ryu' but now , I read it because I like it. Nothing Umi+Higu Level but still amazing and awesome. Chapter 3 gave me the chills.

Last edited by battle22; 2013-08-29 at 03:06.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 10:39   Link #362
st_nick5

What's the progress on The Second Night?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 11:05   Link #363
Qilin
Romanticist

I thought this game was pretty neat. It's an entirely different sort of story if you're expecting something like Higurashi or Umineko. It's not too taxing on your reasoning abilities, but it does require you to grasp the atmosphere of each scene.

I find myself most interested in the world-building involved in this series, but there's too little of it. If ever, I'd be glad to to get a glimpse of the bigger picture here, which is to say the power relations between the different youkai that rule the school. It would be nice to see a bit of the gritty politics that go on behind the scenes here. Higanbana is obviously a major player here, but her status would be even more credible if we see how she interacts with the other powers that be. Marie, on the other hand, is a headache. She's so goodie-goodie that it's hard to take her character seriously. How can she even sustain herself as a youkai?

My only problem with this series is that it gets a bit preachy at times. "Hameln's Castanets" and "Utopia" were examples of this. The latter especially, got to the point where it was nearly unbearable.
Old 2013-02-06, 11:15   Link #364
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
What's the progress on The Second Night?
Chapter 2 is 88% translated. Second Night is 22% translated in total. I'm hoping that things will have speeded up a bit by the end of the month… We could probably do with another translator. (>_<)

EDIT:

We have released v1.2 of The First Night translation, which is available from our website, which adds installers for Windows and Mac, some enhancements and other such improvements.

I also improved the way downloads are handled, so they should be significantly faster. The change should be largely invisible to the user, but I'm quite proud of it myself (hehe).

Also, we are officially recruiting new translators. As I mentioned in the blog post, there are absolutely no obligations, so if you just want to try out translating for us, there's no need to commit to it. If you're interested, please send an email to <contact AT spiderlilytranslations DOT com>.

Last edited by Yirba; 2013-02-14 at 03:51.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 18:23   Link #365
kevan3

Bug report. A lot of pages of texts do that thing where a strange box appears behind the text, seemingly highlighting parts of the background.
kevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 18:35   Link #366
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevan3 View Post
Bug report. A lot of pages of texts do that thing where a strange box appears behind the text, seemingly highlighting parts of the background.
Does it look like this?:

If so, that's a bug with ONScripter-EN, and there's not much we can do about it.

If that's not the issue you're experiencing, could you please post a screenshot?
Old 2013-02-14, 18:38   Link #367
kevan3

Oh my goodness.... Not nearly that bad. It's excusable, but I just thought I'd give some feedback.
Old 2013-02-14, 18:43   Link #368
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Oh my goodness.... Not nearly that bad. It's excusable, but I just thought I'd give some feedback.
So it is the "weird blue highlight" issue? That usually occurs when the user minimises the window, then restores it. It usually goes away the next time the screen is re-drawn. I suspect it's a side-effect of when ONScripter-EN was upgraded to a newer version of SDL.

I just want to ensure that the issue you're talking about is with the engine, since if it's a problem with our patch, I'd like to fix it.
Old 2013-02-14, 18:49   Link #369
kevan3

I don't know how to upload an image from my computer onto this website.

Edit: It's not the blue highlighting issue, it's something else.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:07   Link #370
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
I don't know how to upload an image from my computer onto this website.

Edit: It's not the blue highlighting issue, it's something else.
You can upload the image to a website such as Tinypic and then paste the link it gives into your post.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:12   Link #371
kevan3

I think I did it? Here's one weird thing I found.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2h80n14&s=6

It seems on multiple images in the second chapter, the background is contained inside a box.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:22   Link #372
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Are you using ons.cfg to change the default resolution? If not then I would suspect the fault lies within the image files themselves.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 19:27   Link #373
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Oh, that's intentional. The file "arc.nsa/background/efe/a004.bmp" puts the border over the background. I think it's supposed to make the picture look like a photograph or something.

Nothing to worry about.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:52   Link #374
kevan3

I noticed that it's not just on images with Marie, though.
Old 2013-03-13, 23:26   Link #375
RandomAvatarFan

I finally had the opportunity (like money) to buy Higanbana, and good timing too because I ordered it right as the new patch came out (and W-H's RGD patch came out too)

The music is really neat. It's less heard and more felt. Like Umineko the music was *bam* right there (and I loved it) but Higanbana's music... it kind of sneaks up and surprises you, and there's this uneasy feeling.

The stories are interesting. I think it's weird because usually VNs are adapted into mangas, not the other way around. I've only read the manga's mesomeso-san, but I noticed some slight changes in the storytelling that made it a little easier to follow though. For instance Marie is introduced to the haunted doll in the infimary before their meeting in the library. This changed the way the scene played out, but the way it read in the manga, I thought Marie was being killed in that scene. He really wants to play up the emotions it seems in the VN while the manga was more focused on being dark and gruesome.

I'm about 1/4 through the way of Spirit Camera. I need to go to sleep though. I hope to have time to finish reading them before summer begins. I would like to get Second Night but not until the patch is finished.

Yirba and the rest of Spider-Lily Translations: you guys are awesome, and thanks so much for putting in the effort to translate these games. =)

Without love this picture cannot be seen.

Last edited by RandomAvatarFan; 2013-03-14 at 08:09.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 21:30   Link #376
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Thanks for your support.

I wouldn't say that the VN is adapted from the manga. Although the manga was published before the VN, Ryukishi07 already had the story prepared well in advance. In fact, when it was released, the VN contained more story than the manga, so perhaps the story was originally written as a VN, but was adapted into a manga before the VN was released.
Old 2013-04-02, 21:00   Link #377
kevan3

How goes the effort?
Old 2013-04-03, 04:38   Link #378
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

We're still making progress, although still in dire need of at least one additional translator. Unless we can find one, it may be a long time until the translation is released.
Old 2013-04-03, 20:31   Link #379
darkxrose

ganbatte! >.<
darkxrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 09:47   Link #380
-Kuroko-

;_; 2nd Night ;_;
-Kuroko- is offline   Reply With Quote