AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-15, 04:42   Link #101
chutup

I know it is related to his hair colour but I have another theory about it as well. I remember some of the first episodes had scenes with black stuff creeping through Hueco Mundo, turning the white sand dark. Perhaps Ichigo has to 'bleach' this darkness from the world?

Also, it's just a cool word. Like, nobody ever thought of it that way before, because it relates to something so common, but it is does actually sound really cool. I'm thinking maybe Kubo Tite heard that word and didn't know what it meant but he thought it sounded cool, then he found out later...
Old 2007-03-15, 07:53   Link #102
magenet

i thought it was called bleach because all hollow mask are white and when ichigo hollow comes out he looks all bleached out white shinigami outfit whitish hair and so on.
Old 2007-03-17, 22:54   Link #103
Kittie Rose

Maybe the entire series is a peroxide induced fantasy?

But yeah, that is the exact shade you get when you bleach black hair and don't quite get it blonde, it even reacts to light the same way, I doubt it's not on purpose. I guess the fact that it's not actually bleached, just looks like it is, is meant to be amusing to some bizarre way to Japanese people who are fascinated by blondes(Did you know every Nintendo female went from brown to blonde at some point? And also, they have serious trouble telling the difference between light red and blonde?) since they don't have anything remotely close to it naturally. I guess being born with hair that can only occur unnaturally is a way of signifying a character is weird.

You can get Orihime's colour from bleaching black hair too. Most people hate bleached orange but you can get some pretty shades.

Last edited by Kittie Rose; 2007-03-17 at 23:53.
Old 2007-03-17, 23:00   Link #104
Kittie Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri View Post
Its named bleach because the author wanted to name it bleach.

Simple as that.
These replies really suck, WHY did he want to name it bleach?

Maybe he had a reason, maybe he didn't. But the likelihood is, he did. It doesn't make you any smart or mature for saying OH THERE'S NO REASON OR MEANING TO ANYTHING IT'S JUST CALLED THAT, it just looks stupid. If you don't care about why it's called Bleach, then get out of the topic and let other people enjoy their speculation.
Old 2007-03-18, 00:35   Link #105
shenzu

Because he looked at a Mr. Clean brand bleach when he thought of Ikkaku;s design
Old 2007-03-23, 18:27   Link #106
zwolf

i think it is because ichgo kills or in a way bleach them of their evils
Old 2007-06-27, 20:34   Link #107
Kenpachiisawesome271

theory as to why Bleach is called bleach

my friends and i were watching bleach when the question came up. we were wondering and my one friend came up with the theory that its called bleach because Bleach drains the color of something, thusly turning it white and white is the symbol of purity. Since soul society acts like a heaven of sorts, white could symbolize soul society. thats the theory my friend came up with.
Old 2007-06-29, 00:33   Link #108
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

i have another theory, and its that people dont read this thread before posting.
Old 2007-06-29, 03:31   Link #109
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

5 bucks says Kubo doesn't speak English and doesn't even know what "Bleach" means. Kinda like how you see people with random chinese characters tattooed on them saying "water" or something abstract.
Old 2007-06-29, 13:10   Link #110
adevilinthedark
Bankai Master

Send a message via Yahoo to adevilinthedark
Supposedly its called "Soul Cleanser" in Japanese. We changed it to bleach cuz "Soul Cleanser" is a crappy show name here. Thats what I heard at least.
Old 2008-08-27, 01:32   Link #111
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Bleach for the colour of the hollow masks? Ichigo gets a hollow mask so he... 'bleaches' himself, in that sense?
Old 2008-08-27, 02:53   Link #112
ichirukiforever
shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevilinthedark View Post
Supposedly its called "Soul Cleanser" in Japanese. We changed it to bleach cuz "Soul Cleanser" is a crappy show name here. Thats what I heard at least.
i think i read somewhere else that bleach is japanese for the word "soul" and that is what the anime/manga is mainly about
Old 2008-08-27, 15:27   Link #113
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
This is like the umpteeth thread I've seen this question being asked. Mods should consider making a separate sticky for just this question alone.

To answer the originator's question:

Bleach can mean both Ichigo's bleached hair as well as the shinigami's job of "bleaching" the sins of the Hollows and sending them to Soul Society.

afaik Shinigami do not send Hollow to soul society, they are sent to Hueco Mundo...clean souls go to SS...just what I recall watching on the eps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachiisawesome271 View Post
my friends and i were watching bleach when the question came up. we were wondering and my one friend came up with the theory that its called bleach because Bleach drains the color of something, thusly turning it white and white is the symbol of purity. Since soul society acts like a heaven of sorts, white could symbolize soul society. thats the theory my friend came up with.

Actually in asian culture at least when I lived in Japan...Black was the color of purity and life...white means death and bad fortune...
Old 2008-08-27, 17:23   Link #114
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Actually in asian culture at least when I lived in Japan...Black was the color of purity and life...white means death and bad fortune...
The Chinese, i think even Koreans, wear White during funerals. not really sure about bad fortune though, white is still considered as puritiy in asian culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichirukiforever View Post
i think i read somewhere else that bleach is japanese for the word "soul" and that is what the anime/mnga is mainly about
the bad-subbed Bleach episodes i watched earlier during my career as a Bleachfangurl , Shinigami was subbed as Bleach - i was so weirded out with that. Its wrong.
Old 2008-08-27, 19:08   Link #115
LeminLyme
absence of interest
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme
Rawr. Ichigo's original hair colour was black, but Kubo bleached it during the creation process. =P

Mitsoumi, the hollows slayn by zanpakutou are purfied and reborn in SS. Dunno about the color purities tho.
Old 2008-08-27, 19:10   Link #116
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

This will all be answered soon. Someone with contacts in BA actually interviewed Kubo and while she has to keep things quiet until the magazine she works for publishes it, she did say Kubo told her why it's called Bleach.
Old 2008-08-27, 19:41   Link #117
LeminLyme
absence of interest
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme
Ten bucks on "Just 'Cuz"
Old 2008-08-27, 22:52   Link #118
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
Mitsoumi, the hollows slayn by zanpakutou are purfied and reborn in SS. Dunno about the color purities tho.
? really? Then how do hollow end up in Hueco Mundo to begin with if they are not sent there by Shinigami?? There is SS/Hueco Mundo and then there is Heaven and Hell these are facts of the Beach world...I seem to recall when Rukia was explaining this to Ichigo she told him that the really bad ones end up as Hollow because of some attachment, pain or just being a bad mofo...some are cleansed as you say but then some go to Hueco Mundo...unless I am mistaken...and it is possible as I am not always right...but some references to specific eps would help me out so I can make sure I am not saying incorrect things
Old 2008-08-28, 03:47   Link #119
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Maybe KT drank a whole big bottle of bleach and got the idea for bleach.
Or maybe we can use the ancient cop out: 'KT moves in mysterious ways'
Old 2008-08-28, 10:51   Link #120
nozomi vamp
Big guns, small brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Don't think he bleached his hair, Ichigo said he was born that way, which explains why he gets picked on by bullies and teachers in the past, and why he toughened himself up into the young man he is prior to meeting Rukia.
yea he didn't bleach his hair but if you look he is only person in the school with orange hair everyone else is black or brown. so he's "bleached" from everyone else.
Closed Thread